Vince, you sorry sack of shit...

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #2702
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Barkeep: two issues with your most recent roster list

1. jeff is still listed under engineers, but he is dead.
2. Fouts is listed as dehydrated, but he received water last night.
Thanks.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #2703
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Cool. There are 7 dehydrated crew members, but one of them is Schmidty, a spawn. Everyone should be able to live another day. Penny definitely needs to scan hoops just to confirm his survivor status.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #2704
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Well done!

Vince, you sorry sack of shit...

Guys, are you really certain I am spawn? I mean honestly...what have I done to hinder the team in any way? The spawn have actually accomplished nothing the entire game...can't we all just get along?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #2705
Vince
Pro Starter

I see you are all afraid of my rhetorical prowess, and that I would obviously convince you otherwise if you were to enter into verbal repartee with me.

Don't mind me, I have to entertain myself until this evening.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #2706
RealDeal
High School Varsity

We're not arguing with you because we're debating whether to slice you up from top to bottom or bottom to top.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #2707
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #2708
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
We're not arguing with you because we're debating whether to slice you up from top to bottom or bottom to top.

I'd prefer side to side, actually.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #2709
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I'm out most of the day again as I work during the day, and lucked into some Santana tickets for the evening at the Shark Tank. Good luck finding those spawn guys! I know you can do it, and with my help, it can happen! I've sent in my day orders, and I'm going to vote for hoopsguy, just because I want him to die. Punk has been trying to get me killed for five or six days now, and it's a good thing he hasn't succeeded yet! Without the Doctor, we'd be in some serious trouble!

Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #2710
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince, just sorry you got converted so you weren't able to enjoy the loot we mined on that hellhole of a planet.

RealDeal, congratulations on bagging a spawn.

SnDvls and MrW, thanks for the huge roles each of you played in helping over the last two days. You will both be missed.

Vote Vince
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #2711
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - scan me whenever you feel like it. Today works for me.

Barkeep, another rules question - could a spawn, armed with a phaser, fire it as part of faking duties?

Ardent, congratulations on saving the queen with your vote to lynch MarcV
Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #2712
RealDeal
High School Varsity

yeah don't want to forget to:

vote Vince
Old 09-15-2005, 01:05 PM   #2713
Vince
Pro Starter

This will officially be the first time I am ever lynched in a Werewolf game.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #2714
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've yet to start as an evil role in a werewolf game. Only converted once. Only think I've been duked as an innocent.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-15-2005 at 01:08 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #2715
hoopsguy
General Manager

How many games is it for you now, Jeff?

- I came in as the alternate in the one where you were converted - lost as villager.
- I was a grunt in X-Com but was converted and then duked.
- Villager in the Village of the Damned, eventually killed by werewolves - still dismayed that the wolves won that game
- This one still to be determined
Old 09-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #2716
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I've been more evil than good. It's a lot more fun on the evil side.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #2717
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

- WW II
- The River
- The one I was converted
- Vampire one
- Mafia
- Item Swapping one
- This one
- and the ongoing Outlaw one

Can't remember any more. Pretty much all of them I was just a vanilla vilager.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-15-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #2718
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I've been more evil than good. It's a lot more fun on the evil side.

Eh, I've been my share of evil and good roles, and I like the game from either angle. You have much more control of the game as a bad guy, so that's probably a little more 'fun,' but I like both sides equally.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #2719
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The doctor, to everyone's surprise takes Real Deal into be examined. Real is clearly reluctant about going, but goes anyway. About 20 minutes later there is aloud scream and Real comes out of the office, followed by Vince who is now Wounded!

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-15-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #2720
Vince
Pro Starter

The plot, she thickens.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #2721
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Nice try, Vince.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #2722
Vince
Pro Starter

RealDeal, with his interesting water choices, has managed to kill at least one security guard due to lack of water. He is also insinuating that I am not to be believed. To top it all off, I just failed to scan him, and he attacked me and wounded me in the process.

Unvote hoopsguy.
Vote RealDeal.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #2723
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice try, Vince.

I play the hand I'm dealt.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #2724
RealDeal
High School Varsity

A better play would have been perhaps to re-examine Schmidty and wound yourself. Since Schmidty is a lost cause anyway, making it look like he wanted you dead might have got people questioning a little.

No one is ever completely clear in this game until the end, but to try to frame the guy who just bagged a spawn that you cleared a few turns back- well, I'll take my chances that the folks will believe me and not you this turn.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #2725
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So...can someone order Blade to put Schmidty alone in the brig?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #2726
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I will, as long as penny's scan of hoops is clean, so I don't have to make any water orders.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #2727
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can I vote for Vince twice?

Does anyone think that there could be remaining spawn besides Vince and Schmidty? If so, then I would suggest that we scan Blade sometime soon. I believe he and I are the only two out there that have not been somehow cleared by now. Plus RealDeal (and Passacaglia, by extension), but his stock is up at the moment so I would think that Blade or I make sense to look at next.

I think we have this one, but I want to continue to do the right things just in case we don't know what we think we know. Or something like that ...
Old 09-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #2728
RealDeal
High School Varsity

My plan posted a bit back assumes for the moment that there may be more spawn, which is why there is a small advantage to killing Vince first since there is a small chance of Penny getting the promotion to doctor.

And yes, we should keep scanning. Hoops get scanned first because he holds so many lives in his hands (at most Kwhit and I can only make 4 water orders).
Old 09-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #2729
Fouts
College Starter

Well done Realdeal, although I'm not sure I agree with sacrificing good people.

Vote Vince
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #2730
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After conferrign with Vince and Schmidty they agree that there isn't a way they can pull out a victory and so we're going to end the game.

After days of living in fear, the survivors have finally realized the upperhand they've had nearly from the start. No longer willing to listen to the lies of the Spawn, they form into a vicious mob with about half attacking Vince and half attacking Schmidty. While the carnage might have been bad on the previous days it is nothing like today. All of the built up fear and anger is unelashed in a gruesome tidal wave of blood and gore. Before long the two Spawn are dead. Schmidity is revealed to have been the SPAWN QUEEN.

The remianing survivors relax a little as with the death of the last spawn the engineers report the water replication system is back to full strength. The ones who are left are going to return home safe and sound, and rich beyond their most wild expectations. For some the money is worth it, but for some they would trade any amount of money to have never embarked on the journey at all.

THE SURVIVORS WIN!

I'm going to type up a wrap-up post, including a day by day account and what everyone's secret role was. I would love to get feedback from the players on the game as well. Congrats to the Survivors on their victory.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-15-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #2731
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Whoooooo!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #2732
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Way to pull it out guys. I think the spawn should of taken more shots at the water pump.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #2733
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And now I know Schmidty is annoyingly defensive either way .

Old 09-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #2734
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I can't wait to find out what the heck was going on!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #2735
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I hope you guys remember my heirs out of respect for the role I played in saving you.

Game feedback: I think the empath role should be a little more restricted. I thought it was interesting when I had to look for non-ambiguous statements of personal knowledge from players, but it seemed much too powerful when I could make a statement whose truth I didn't know and use it. Suggested scope: The empath can verify whether another player believes a statement they made to be true. Thus, something that they can't (or shouldn't) know cannot be verified, but it's still possible to determine whether they are telling the truth about being good/carrying out an action/etc.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #2736
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I've yet to start as an evil role in a werewolf game. Only converted once. Only think I've been duked as an innocent.
Not true - you started out as a sorceror in Peregrine's last game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #2737
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Hehe, that doesn't count . That was the crappiest game I was every a part of. I loved the rules and started with a really cool role(king/sorcerer), but then was killed night one by my teammates .

Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #2738
hoopsguy
General Manager

I enjoyed this game a great deal. Barkeep, you put in a lot of time being available to process the day actions, which was a fun twist. There was a lot of initial complexity to the rules, but after the first day or two it felt pretty comfortable. Again, you were very good about answering questions.

So did the spawn start with a council of Raiders, Schmidty, and Dubb? Did Marc get converted on away team or was he a 4th spawn (or on council instead of Raiders)?

Just how badly did the spawn roll early in the game? Was Vince able to fend the spawn off initially based on blind luck or did he have Slayer for his secret role?

I'm happy I was able to be on the same team as Fouts without killing him. That is an improvement over my last WW game.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #2739
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, what the hell did the spawn do all game? The perceived total lack of action confused me.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #2740
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, this game was fun. Probably wayyy too complicated for me as my first werewolf game, but still, very fun (when I could keep up)!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:47 PM   #2741
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm happy I was able to be on the same team as Fouts without killing him. That is an improvement over my last WW game.

Shocking, I was sure you would do me in. Goes to show you that you do your job 24/7 and still are a suspect.

I'm going to disregard Schmidty's shrieking when he's on the block from now on. Although I think I left my vote on him during the Marc/Schmidty vote.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #2742
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think we had a cloverleaf in our corner the whole game... getting a run-off between two spawn in the first vote? (OK, we picked the wrong one, but still...) Vince surviving his first infection? (OK, it didn't do a whole lot, considering he turned right around and got infected curing RA, whom we bumped off...) Almost nothing at all in the way of conversions... nailing another spawn in dubb on the run-off with Vince... very little that didn't go our way.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #2743
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Okay what was my secret role?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #2744
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And I can be happy with my intuition that the vote on Marc WAS to easy and I didn't end up voting for the wrong person.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #2745
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I realized at the end that there was no way we could lose if I just kept killing uncleared people. My major fear was that my first round of killings I would get two survivors and then my fellow survivors would lose all faith in me and have me killed.
So I had to get at least one of my hits right last night.

The more I thought about Mr. W and Vince, the more comfortable I was that Mr. W was telling the truth, because he had absolutely nothing to gain from making that play if he was a spawn. So initially, I was going to withhold water from Vince, but I decided I could get the same result from withholding water from Schmidty and not take the risk that I was somehow wrong and kill the doctor. Once I decided Vince was probably spawn, I went back and looked at all his post RA scans and saw Schmidty was one, and I was so sure Schmidty was a spawn when I bagged him the first time.

I stand by my decision to sacrifise survivors for the common good. We were in a very tough spot yesterday. We basically had no water, and a successful attack on the water would have ended the game. I felt like the team needed someone to take charge and make the tough choices to win. It seemed like some folks were too squeamish about accidentally killing survivors, but going down the path we were on was actually going to result in far more survivor deaths.

The main thing I want to know is when and how exactly Vince was converted.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #2746
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent had a pretty tremendous game:
- let the spawn queen off the hook, changing his vote to normal spawn
- voted against killing former spawn Raiders to kill survivor Jeff
- getting killed by his own crew

Of course I'm focusing on the negative here, but it is funnier that way

I think Vince played a pretty good game on both sides.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #2747
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
The more I thought about Mr. W and Vince, the more comfortable I was that Mr. W was telling the truth, because he had absolutely nothing to gain from making that play if he was a spawn. So initially, I was going to withhold water from Vince, but I decided I could get the same result from withholding water from Schmidty and not take the risk that I was somehow wrong and kill the doctor. Once I decided Vince was probably spawn, I went back and looked at all his post RA scans and saw Schmidty was one, and I was so sure Schmidty was a spawn when I bagged him the first time.

That is important info you could have filled us in on. RA and Vince scanning Schmidty makes no sense, when you have me and blade without scans.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #2748
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Secret Roles:
Bek AT
KWhit AT
pennywisesb AT
RealDeal Duplicant
Saldana Duplicant
Mr.Wednesday Empath
Passacaglia Empath
Blade6119 Gut Feeling
hoopsguy Gut Feeling
sndlvs Gut Feeling
dubb93 Hive Mind
Kingfc22 Incorruptable
MrBug708 Incorruptable
Fouts Light Sleeper
Marc Vaughan Light Sleeper
Vince Light Sleeper
ardent enthusiast Miracle Worker
Lathum Slayer
Schmidty Spawn Queen
Raiders Army Spawnling
jeff061 Vigalante

One note about the secret roles: While these were randomly generated, I was set to "roll" again had any of the top 3 officers been Spawn. That seemed like too much of an advantage for the Spawn.

Day 1 -- You guys rolled about an 85 on the water run on the first day. However, this is were Marc became a Spawnling. He was actually unlucky as there was only a 5% chance, instead of 10, for privates to become Spawnlings (that was the unspecificied ability of the red shirts). The thing that I know really upset Dubb and Schmidty is that dubb actually performed his duty as scientist the whole time. They didn't want to draw suspicion. On later days Schmidty would do the same thing. The number of Spawn in the game was trick for me to determine. If it had been 20 I'd have gone with 2, no question. If we had gotten up to 25, I'd have gone with 3 no question. In the end I decided on the compromise of causing one person to start the game as a Spawnling. It so happened that Raiders was the Spawnling and also the nurse, which I liked since I thought it gave the survivors a decent shot of discovering him in time.

Night 1 -- This is the first of the many Spawn misfortunes. They successfully Spawn attacked Vince (their ONLY successful attack of the whole game!) but Vince was a light sleeper. Besides making him resistant it guarenteed that he'd remember an attack in the morning. The Spawn had actually rolled well enough that had this not been true he'd not have known that he was infected.

Day 2 -- The infamous away team disaster. You all rolled a 4. Let that sink in for a moment. I actually INCREASED what the formula said I should give you as water (you needed at least a 5 to get .25 units) as I felt that should be a minimum. This is the day when things turn really nasty for the Spawn. With both Marc and Schmidty on the block, the Spawn on the Council (being Raiders, Dubb, and Schmidty) have to save the Queen, condeming Marc. I think all of the Spawn had a chuckle over the applause given Ardent for his tie breaking decision.

Night 2 -- The Spawn were convinced that they needed to convert the Doctor, as his role was overpowered. I'm not sure I agree with this, but I know they did. And so they decided to attack Vince in the Brig. This was asissted by the fact that misfortune placed two of the other spawn in the brig with Vince. With Schmidity on the outside, and Dubb and Raiders on the inside, it worked out to a 80% base chance, however coupled with Vince being a light sleeper, the Spawn failed their roll. This was the reason for Vince getting the message about 2 or 3 attackers, as Spawn Attacks were allowed through the brig, but at a severe penalty (somewhat lessened by having help on the inside).

Day 3 -- Once again the Spawn get unlucky. Vince scans Dubb and finds out that sure enough he is a Spawn. Some don't believe him, but enough do that Dubb is executed. Losing the Hive Mind for the Spawn isn't the biggest deal as someone else takes over. Instead it was a far bigger deal to lose another Spawn.

Night 3 -- We have the only successful night kill, albeit by Jeff the vigilante, of King. Honestly I forget what the Spawn did this night.

Day 4 -- The Raiders Army scan day. When I designed the rule about Spawn being cured for some reason I only thought of Spawn not on the Spawn Council. When Raiders was scanned it was bedlam. In the end, I think the Coma solution (with a chance for the doctor to revive) was the right solution. What increased the bedlam was at first, I forgot to factor in Vince's exhaustion into the roll. This modified the roll just enough to change it from a complete success, Raiders "cured" nothing bad happens, into a partial success. This meant that something bad might happen. This is when Vince became a Spawnling. Overall, the doctor's chance of being infected when examining a Spawn was only 1 in 6, so this was actually a piece of good fortune for the Spawn. I think it looked a little fishy to the Spawn, but I assure you it was all on the up and up.

Night 4 -- This where the Spawn tried to kill Hoops. If this has worked, it would have made the game very interesting when we got the situation we were in now. It's possible Vince and Schmidity would have been revealed as Spawn, or perhaps their luck would've kicked in and they would fend off suspicion by getting water 1/2 the time.

Day 5 -- The infamous Ardent over ruling day. If this had played out straight I wonder if things would have been better for the Spawn?

Night 5 -- I was amazed at the overwhelming mutiny vote. I thought for sure Ardent had built up enough good will. I predicted he would be spared and thought the vote might be close, but it was far more likely to be a 3 or 4 vote margin. The Spawn had the added misfortune of BOTH being in the brig this night preventing them for doing anything

Day 6 -- Raiders was taken out of his coma. This is where I shouldn't have embargoed the information. If I hadn't been at work this afternoon, and instead checked the board regularly, no doubt things would have been much worse for the Spawn. As it was it turned out it didn't matter because...

Night 6 -- Schmidity forgot to send in an action.

Day 7 -- I was AMAZED absolutely AMAZED that Vince wasn't lynched here. I mean there is almost NOTHING suggesting Mr. W is anything but good and it is a known possibilty that Vince might have been infected. This gave the Spawn one last chance.

Night 7 -- The Spawn attacked, seperately, the water plant. If there had been only one defender, as it looked like there would be when I went to bed, I thought this was a great move as if the first attack could kill or wound the defender it gave the second attack a great chance of damaging the water plant and thus killing off a bunch of the crew. It was not meant to be.

Day 8 -- With the failed attack and Schmidty and Vince both exposed as Spawn, the Survivors claim victory.

If you have other questions about what something was I will be happy to try and answer.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-15-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #2749
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Vince was fishy to me the whole game, even when he was survivor and even right after I had scanned him. The way he would leak out only little parts of info a bit at a time and disappear for long periods had even me wondering what was up with him most of the game.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #2750
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Vince was fishy to me the whole game, even when he was survivor and even right after I had scanned him. The way he would leak out only little parts of info a bit at a time and disappear for long periods had even me wondering what was up with him most of the game.

I was the exact opposite -- probably because you cleared Vince at the same time as clearing me. I guess I felt like I was with you two together, and didn't think about him being a spawnling.