Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2751
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I mean, ultimately, KWhit could be the unaware spawn, you could be the unaware spawn (really unlikely, as a spawn would be lynching people, but still possible in theory), Render could be the unaware spawn...I understand and sympathize with the bad vibe on hoops, but there's only so much we can do about it...right now. I'll be remembering this in a few days, though, for sure.

I'm having a hard time following your arguement.. What exactly did I say here that was not true.... I've said tonight that anyone pushing for lynching hoops is not a good idea it is mathematically irresponsible, and then I turned around and said that hoops pushing at kwhit was the exact same arguement that I felt was bad to be used on Hoops, to which he responded he wasn't necessarily pushing for kwhit just bringing up things... then I said I was getting that nagging feeling that eats me on the inside about hoops when I don't trust where he is going with things.. to which he asked if a spawn would ask to be let out to roam around, to which I said yeah I could see a spawn doing that, but I also clarified that I already said the spawn he could only be is 1 and trying to hunt for that 1 is like trying to find a pin in a haystack at this point......

So that brief summary of the last 10 or so minutes, I really don't see what the problem you have with any of that is.. maybe you can help me understand?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2752
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I understand and sympathize with the bad vibe on hoops, but there's only so much we can do about it...right now. I'll be remembering this in a few days, though, for sure.

What are you going to do, go "Cask of Amontillado" on me?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2753
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I was thinking that the statement came back as unknown because of the "I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn." part - because it might be imposible for the person to know that one way or the other.

Much as I hate to clear Chubby after all he's done to get me lynched ...

If thats the case then he's clean by default if its using standard 'computer' equations.

One 'false' would return false - the fact that it came back 'unknown' would indicate that the first item ("I'm not a spawn") is TRUE and the other two are unknowable.

This would mean he's clear as far as he knows.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2754
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't see why even the Spawn Queen would want to be separated from the COT in the Brig.

Probably true, but I already know that neither you nor Kwhit nor Render are the spawn queen.. so I don't have to worry about that.

Wouldn't that arguement also mean that you don't have to worry that I've been converted since kwhit wouldn't be the spawn queen?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #2755
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Finally there is some agreement. Most of the work has been done. Some people on the ship are likely Spawn. It is time to kill one of your own. But who? Various names are bandied about throughout the day, until it is decided that Telle is the one poses the most risk. And so, with but a whimper, she is descended upon. It is brutal as the stress of the journey and being on this god-forsaken planet comes through. And in the crew discovers:

A SPAWN! crawling around amidst her remains. That is one less worry for the ship.

Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 3 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Operational (Undamaged) (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 46 units (Enough reserves for for just barely over 2 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 79 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Brig – Alan T, Render, path, KWhit
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Operational (Undamaged)
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer – Kwhit
Second Officer - Render
Security Chief - Hoopsguy Exhuasted
Ensign – Chubby Wounded

Chief Engineer - Tyrith Exhuasted

Engineers
PurdueBrad Exhuasted
Danny Exhuasted
JeHeinz72 Exhuasted
Claphamsa

Trainer – mccollins Exhuasted

Medical Staff
Doctor - path12 Wounded
Medic - The Jackal
Medic - bulletsponge Exhuasted

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl Exhuasted
Warden - Passacagalia Exhuasted
Galley Master - Schmidty Exhuasted
Slavemaster – Saldana Exhuasted
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty Exhuasted

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic

Privates

Marc Vaughn Exhuasted

Slaves
17 slaves accounted
3 slaves dead

Deceased
Telle - Spawn

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-10-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2756
Passacaglia
Coordinator

woot!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2757
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well holy shit.

I guess I should say well done hoops.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2758
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, anyone know who were the Night 1 people that got mixed up with slaves?

I'm pretty certain that Mrs Schmidty shot one of them. Someone else (Olie?) shot a slave that night, as we had two spent phasers.

Who were the others that encountered slaves?

I was attacked by a slave, and also to my knowledge nobody guarded me at all on N1, so from that standpoint I'm ironically the weakest link in the CoT (assuming both that Mrs. Schmidty guarded KWhit and that she isn't bad -- but nobody tried to convert me in the brig last night, so that makes me feel sort of better).
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2759
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well cool, now we don't have to worry about giving Telle any water tommorrow!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2760
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

oh sweet

damn hoops, good going
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2761
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, once we clear Path then I think that is correct.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #2762
Passacaglia
Coordinator

olie -- you ain't seen nothin' yet!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2763
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I was attacked by a slave, and also to my knowledge nobody guarded me at all on N1, so from that standpoint I'm ironically the weakest link in the CoT (assuming both that Mrs. Schmidty guarded KWhit and that she isn't bad -- but nobody tried to convert me in the brig last night, so that makes me feel sort of better).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.. the spawn queen and unaware spawn are different spawn characters.. the only spawn who can be scanned by the doctor as good is the unaware spawn. The only spawn that can convert is the spawn queen, the other spawn can only do regular attacks... So thus since kwhit, myself, hoops and render have all been scanned by you as good. you must assume none of us are at least the spawn queen, thus no one in the brig can convert you...

Right?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2764
hoopsguy
General Manager

This makes me happy.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2765
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Have a good night kids - tomorrow should be fun!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2766
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Which means we still have 4 not voting. Schmidty and Clap are two

I'm staying as a 'No Vote' - I haven't seen compelling evidence to vote for anyone (ie. at best its probably a 35% shot voting for any of the current candidates).

Chubby who I had considered voting for is likely to be innocent, wish I knew exactly how the empath power evaluated things (for those of you who have played WW before, any chance of us finding out? - or is this sort of thing always left vague (ie. should I ask or is it pointless) ).
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2767
KWhit
Coordinator

Booyah!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #2768
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
olie -- you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Huh?

I'm just glad we got a spawn, and fully admit that I was wrong in doubting Hoops.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #2769
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm staying as a 'No Vote' - I haven't seen compelling evidence to vote for anyone (ie. at best its probably a 35% shot voting for any of the current candidates).

Chubby who I had considered voting for is likely to be innocent, wish I knew exactly how the empath power evaluated things (for those of you who have played WW before, any chance of us finding out? - or is this sort of thing always left vague (ie. should I ask or is it pointless) ).

Just seen the result post - well done to the lynch mob then chaps
Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #2770
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, I think we rendered that entire previous conversation pretty moot.

I'm going to go work on some engines now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #2771
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

Can't hurt to ask.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #2772
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Huh?

I'm just glad we got a spawn, and fully admit that I was wrong in doubting Hoops.

Sure thing. Actually, I probably won't even have to come after you myself -- you'll take enough heat from other folks.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #2773
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure thing. Actually, I probably won't even have to come after you myself -- you'll take enough heat from other folks.

Yep.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #2774
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This makes me happy.

I have a new question for you based on this lynch result hoops.. Since Saldana's "dissapointing" result from the previous day was 16 crystlium... and Telle being a spawn on her mission resulted in something around 16 crystlium...

Your mission only got 9 crystlium though, and assuming you know that you aren't a spawn, and you had more benefit from the exploration mission than Telle's mission should have had from today.. What does that tell you about LSG who went with you on today's mission?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #2775
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quick comment on weekend play: there wont be any. Tomorrow will be a normal day. Night 4 will then run from Friday at 10 PM until Monday at 9 AM, at which time Day 5 will start.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #2776
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

Why would you have to come after me? Aside from not taking Hoops evidence as reason to lynch Telle (and I am not the only one who did that), what have I done that makes you (or anyone else) think I am bad. I haven't been off the ship so my chance for being infected isn't any higher or lower than the rest of the people who haven't left the ship. And hoops spied on me night one and confirmed that I was telling the truth in my spy on Saldana.

So what exactly do you think I'll be taking heat for?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #2777
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Dola, I'm heading bed...been spending way too much time on the game according to SL. I'm out until the morning.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #2778
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think you are quickly losing most of the good will I have started feeling for you after Path's scan.. Your line of thinking while realistic is obviously not your normal optimal play. That with the timing of Pass's off the wall comments just gives me a feeling something is going on behind the scenes with you.

FWIW, I think it's a valid line of questioning. We've been as careful as possible so far, but night 1 where both KWhit and I spent the night outside the brig is really the only weak link we've had. I haven't really talked about it so far because a) I got no PM about any activity in the brig last night and b) there's enough wild-ass theories being flung around as it is and I saw no need to add another three pages worth.

But I think that hoops is well within his rights to question the night 1 actions.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #2779
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I have a new question for you based on this lynch result hoops.. Since Saldana's "dissapointing" result from the previous day was 16 crystlium... and Telle being a spawn on her mission resulted in something around 16 crystlium...

Your mission only got 9 crystlium though, and assuming you know that you aren't a spawn, and you had more benefit from the exploration mission than Telle's mission should have had from today.. What does that tell you about LSG who went with you on today's mission?

Good question. I had my eye on the two scientists as well, since we kind of put out there the fact that Telle and Hoops would be 'judged' by their away mission, I thought it was a great set-up to see how the two scientists may have performed as well. Especially if they thought they could sabotage the mission and put heat on a villager at the same time.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #2780
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Quick comment on weekend play: there wont be any. Tomorrow will be a normal day. Night 4 will then run from Friday at 10 PM until Monday at 9 AM, at which time Day 5 will start.

While I'm remembering - I'm driving down to my mother in laws for the weekend tomorrow, will be leaving around 12am (midday) .... so if I'm quiet that why.

(for the purposes of anything which might be required while I'm offline I'll happily go along with anything Alan asks without being ordered to if thats possible? ... I'm a good little trooper )
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #2781
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I was meaning a gut feeling regarding my normal play style where I would have already killed off the security chief, the doctor and gotten my self mutinied by now most likely if I was playing my normal game of gut feelings

I LOL'd.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #2782
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Nice job guys, good catch, particularly since we aren't even out of here yet. I'm doing engine work, the rest of the engineers (except Claph) are too so we'll get us ready to go!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #2783
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

LSG has been on my mind. If she is good I must have gotten one god-awful dice roll (assuming there are random elements to these results, based on previous games).
Olie spying on the sleeping Saldana on N1 has garnered him some trust in my eyes. I have him a smidge above the middle right now.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #2784
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, I think it's a valid line of questioning. We've been as careful as possible so far, but night 1 where both KWhit and I spent the night outside the brig is really the only weak link we've had. I haven't really talked about it so far because a) I got no PM about any activity in the brig last night and b) there's enough wild-ass theories being flung around as it is and I saw no need to add another three pages worth.

But I think that hoops is well within his rights to question the night 1 actions.

Yeah, I kind of agree there. But I made a big-ass deal about the fact that I needed protection that night to scare away any potential attacks - and MrsS said publicly that she would protect me. That made me think that the spawn would go after a candidate more likely to be left unguarded (which is exactly what happened).

I did the same thing in the previous spawn games after I was cleared. Announced to everyone, "I'm going to be guarded, you don't want to come after me." And it worked then as well. So I think in everyone's eyes, it should be seen as a less likely occurrence because of that.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #2785
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong.. the spawn queen and unaware spawn are different spawn characters.. the only spawn who can be scanned by the doctor as good is the unaware spawn. The only spawn that can convert is the spawn queen, the other spawn can only do regular attacks... So thus since kwhit, myself, hoops and render have all been scanned by you as good. you must assume none of us are at least the spawn queen, thus no one in the brig can convert you...

Right?

That could be -- I didn't look at the spawn roles too closely and assumed any of them could convert. My point was simply that KWhit was scanned and that night both he and I were not in the brig, so if there was any conversion it was done then.

Am I understanding your question correctly?

Oh, and w00t! Take that, spawn bastards.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #2786
KWhit
Coordinator

It's my son's birthday tomorrow and I'm taking the day off from work to be with him tomorrow, so I won't be as active as I have been. I'll be checking in off and on though and should be able to be as active as most everyone else (just probably won't make 50 posts like I have been so far).
Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #2787
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

LSG is toward the top of my scan candidate list for tomorrow, BTW.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #2788
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sounds like a few of us might not be in play tomorrow. I'm going to be out at noon (CST) if not a little earlier and likely not on again until Sunday late afternoon.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #2789
path12
Coordinator

Good luck catching up, henry296.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #2790
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm going to miss at least part of afternoon, possibly all day between noon and eight for golf stuff.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #2791
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I won't be on until the evening most likely so good luck during the day. I'm submitting conditional that I work on water unless Tyrith works on something else and then I'll follow him.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #2792
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I am leaving tommorrow at noon myself for the weekend. I will have the ability to check in though, but not my normal self.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #2793
path12
Coordinator

I'm around. I may get lonely.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #2794
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
LSG is toward the top of my scan candidate list for tomorrow, BTW.

I recall you mentioning earlier that you were looking to scan to build the CoT the first 3 days, but starting tomorrow you're looking to scan for a spawn. Even if that means we lose you? Is that just a risk-reward we're willing to take?

To be clear, I obviously have my own doubts about LSG.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #2795
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bummer, Telle was just a garden-variety Spawn.

Well, I didn't get Viper, but I still bagged an instructer.

No, boys ... there are two "O's" in hoopsguy.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #2796
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bummer, Telle was just a garden-variety Spawn.

Well, I didn't get Viper, but I still bagged an instructer.

No, boys ... there are two "O's" in hoopsguy.

I'm pretty sure you flew below flight deck
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #2797
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is there for the protection of me and my crew, after all.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #2798
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Nice job guys
Bullet is still on my radar however and I look forward to seeing what happens tonight!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #2799
hoopsguy
General Manager

And, just to be a total nerd about that movie - it was the hard deck they flew below. I think it was 10,000 feet.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #2800
Tyrith
College Starter

This also makes me wonder about Chubby somewhat, and if that entire thing wasn't some botched distraction play. That'd be really, really silly and I think he's a better player than that, but it's another marble rolling around in my head -- I'm up to 4 now! (joke)