Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #2751
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
No that is, and always shall be, my official title.

Sorry bud, you ruined it here with clutch bodyguard work
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #2752
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
DT, did you kill me because you knew I would check your statement for truth the following day?

yeah. i was hoping you wouldn't get a chance to check it fore you kicked off.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #2753
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
DT, did you kill me because you knew I would check your statement for truth the following day?

I thought this was either inspired or lucky. I never told him this, but his amulet would not have worked against your soothsaying powers. I like, in all of my games, for there to be checks. I don't like introducing something that somebody doesn't have a silver bullet for.

In this case, the amulet specifically said that it allowed you to scn as a faction and affiliation. Your roles does not check that. The two dark seers and LSG did, but you did not. Therefore, your sooth powers would not have been affected by the Amulet.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #2754
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Oneiromancer - one who divines or reads meanings into dreams.

If that doesn't scream, I'm the seer....

-Anxiety

Well thats the catch.. none of us were familiar with the term.. so doing research we found where in many games an Oneiromancer is one who performs mind control action on others.

That was what slowed us down for a while midgame.. we really went back and forth on who the real seer was in our private conversations. I think most of the time we felt THomkal was either lying or was the world's worst seer though. I think we gave LSG the benefit of the doubt alot more than she probably felt we did. We were a bit untrusting of her in public but alot of that we were hoping at least for a few days the bad guys would leave her be in case of keeping their own guy alive that much longer. We didn't have a good grasp on about 8 or so people then so having the seer a little longer was important to us.

There were a few times that LSG made a move that left us scratching our heads and doubt her again, but in the end the big thing for us was i knew that she knew izulde and I were rangers.. and the fact neither of us had been killed while she knew that information left us feeling she most likely was good. Alot of what we said about distrust on her and trust on thomkal was somewhat smokescreens and a small part wanting to be absolutely sure before making a move there.

That is what I was hinting at last night when I said we felt LSG was good based on the hint she dropped. It didnt make any sense for her to be bad and Izulde and I still be alive. She knew my role reveal was entirely made up and BS and didnt go on it at all.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #2755
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I created all but four of these characters, and I felt like crying when I did the write up for the triple kill night. That was my best prose section in the game, for my money.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #2756
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i sort of divined that it wouldn't work, as you said scrying, and soothsaying is different from scrying.

i was hoping he wouldn't get the chance to check it before he died.

aaargh, i was pretty much back-against-the-wall there at the end hmm? a whole bunch of rangers and me+ntn+weds+lsg were the only ones not communicating with each other hmm? don't see how i could have gotten out of that.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #2757
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I created all but four of these characters, and I felt like crying when I did the write up for the triple kill night. That was my best prose section in the game, for my money.

Poor saldana, can't ever buy a break!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 AM   #2758
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Sorry bud, you ruined it here with clutch bodyguard work

Pure guesswork, man.

I was 99% sure that LSG wouldn't get attacked again, since it was "obvious" that I'd be defending her, so there was no way I was going to actually protect her.

Toward the very end, I was not-so-subtley begging people to give me a reason to protect them, while at the same time hoping that they wouldn't make it sound TOO obvious. Tyrith's post delivered, and that's really what won us the game.

I'm just happy to have helped at all.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 AM   #2759
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i sort of divined that it wouldn't work, as you said scrying, and soothsaying is different from scrying.

aaargh, i was pretty much back-against-the-wall there at the end hmm? a whole bunch of rangers and me+ntn+weds+lsg were the only ones not communicating with each other hmm? don't see how i could have gotten out of that.

Well I wonder who LSG sent in to scan.. if LSG scanned ntn, and he turned up good, we would have probably gone after you or mr.W not sure which way the wind would go with that.

If LSG scanned you, it would have set us back a bit for sure and possibly gotten LSG killed along the way.. I knew for sure that you three is where the bad guys were hiding.. I just assumed more than 1 left is all.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #2760
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks SO much for an amazing game, Abe. You were absolutely great as a GM. I hope I didn't disgrace your favorite role too much.

I am totally in your next game.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #2761
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that triple-kill was pure luck, but man did it give me a big boost of confidence. and FWIW I think that was the best write-up of the game Anxiety, although I couldn't gush over it too much then.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2762
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh and just for the record.. there was a big discussion about using the Ranger night kill ability to off LSG before she did her role reveal. We came to our senses about that though and didnt follow through. That could have really wrecked the game for us I had alot of fun playing with Gramm and Izulde on this though. Was fun trading ideas on them, and the best moment was the excitement Gramm showed when he figured out Tyrith was our lost ranger.

Even though we wanted to disown Tyrith after his premature reveal. We were trying to dangle Tyrith as bait to get someone to bite on.. but no one ever did.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2763
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks SO much for an amazing game, Abe. You were absolutely great as a GM. I hope I didn't disgrace your favorite role too much.

I am totally in your next game.

I enjoyed the game alot as well. Thanks for running it for us anxiety
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2764
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

With some difficulty, but I was rotting for ya after Thomkal died!

Night 8 - NK a ranger
Day 9 - Lynch Mr. W, LSG clears ntndeacon
Night 9 - You are cleared by LSG, NK a ranger
Day 10 - Lynch? LSG probably
Night 10 - Kill a Ranger

Current number of people - 0 Rangers, 1 Sauron, 1 Schmidty, 3 Townsfolk (or could be 1 Ranger, 1 Sauron, 1 Schmidty, 2 Townsfolk and you are still looking at the endgame)

Now you are suddenly in a position of power, and everybody is doubting everbody. Happens that if you go long, people's memories of things fade and they latch on to the new. You;d have an ability to move with strength here. Who knows if they won;t lynch Schmidity because no verified seer ever cleared him, you NK a villager or the other Ranger and its a win as you Overwhelm the remaining two villagers.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2765
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If LSG scanned you, it would have set us back a bit for sure and possibly gotten LSG killed along the way.. I knew for sure that you three is where the bad guys were hiding.. I just assumed more than 1 left is all.

that's what i was hoping. i didn't think you had that many rangers left TBH. I figured 2 more, not 4 of you. I think evil was really set back by Brian being converted to Saruman instead of us Sauron guys being able to convert people to OUR side and get more night action going on. It really put me behind the 8 ball because I had NO conversion ability, just kill or torture.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #2766
Swaggs
Coordinator

I really thought we were heading for a loss until I woke up on (I think) Day 5 and Alan listed a near identical set of players as those that I had checked from Thomkal's statement.

I had been fishing so hard for the first few days to get anyone to just come out and say they were on the side of light. I couldn't find one statement worthy of using from Day 1, which sucked, because I lost a day there. Finally, Lathum said something on day 2.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #2767
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I never communicated with anyone in the game. At all.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #2768
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah this was an awesome game, Abe. I don't think I can go back to simple games now.

In fact, I want to take a turn in the GM list now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #2769
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NP guys. I loved how Tyrith outed himself to the Rangers when he revealed his real name. I was wondering if that would happen when I wrote the roles.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #2770
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
that's what i was hoping. i didn't think you had that many rangers left TBH. I figured 2 more, not 4 of you. I think evil was really set back by Brian being converted to Saruman instead of us Sauron guys being able to convert people to OUR side and get more night action going on. It really put me behind the 8 ball because I had NO conversion ability, just kill or torture.

Yeah.. we sat back most of the game trying to protect the numbers and be the base of a CoT.

That reminds me though.. what happened the night i was attacked.. why did it fail, or what exactly happened?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #2771
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
With some difficulty, but I was rotting for ya after Thomkal died!

Night 8 - NK a ranger
Day 9 - Lynch Mr. W, LSG clears ntndeacon
Night 9 - You are cleared by LSG, NK a ranger
Day 10 - Lynch? LSG probably
Night 10 - Kill a Ranger

Current number of people - 0 Rangers, 1 Sauron, 1 Schmidty, 3 Townsfolk (or could be 1 Ranger, 1 Sauron, 1 Schmidty, 2 Townsfolk and you are still looking at the endgame)

Now you are suddenly in a position of power, and everybody is doubting everbody. Happens that if you go long, people's memories of things fade and they latch on to the new. You;d have an ability to move with strength here. Who knows if they won;t lynch Schmidity because no verified seer ever cleared him, you NK a villager or the other Ranger and its a win as you Overwhelm the remaining two villagers.

yeah. but being this was my first game as evil and up against several strong WWers I doubted that I could have made that work. But that would be the general idea, yeah.

lil help clearing me by LSG would have been amazingly helpful, but alas I didn't get that help!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #2772
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh and just for the record.. there was a big discussion about using the Ranger night kill ability to off LSG before she did her role reveal. We came to our senses about that though and didnt follow through. That could have really wrecked the game for us I had alot of fun playing with Gramm and Izulde on this though. Was fun trading ideas on them, and the best moment was the excitement Gramm showed when he figured out Tyrith was our lost ranger.

Even though we wanted to disown Tyrith after his premature reveal. We were trying to dangle Tyrith as bait to get someone to bite on.. but no one ever did.

Oh yeah, I was pushing really, really hard for me to Strike kill LSG on the night it looked like I was going to be either lynched or night-killed.

I was super sure she was Bad.

But actually I think the major distrust LSG and I had going back forth in the early to mid game helped prevent either one of us from getting night killed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #2773
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NP guys. I loved how Tyrith outed himself to the Rangers when he revealed his real name. I was wondering if that would happen when I wrote the roles.

That was a big day for us.. if I remember right it was also when the seers all revealed and swaggs revealed and such.. That day just from the reveales opened things up big time for us. It let us focus on only 5 or 6 of the remaining 13 or so players really.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #2774
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yeah this was an awesome game, Abe. I don't think I can go back to simple games now.

In fact, I want to take a turn in the GM list now.

Excellent!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 AM   #2775
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Oh yeah, I was pushing really, really hard for me to Strike kill LSG on the night it looked like I was going to be either lynched or night-killed.

I was super sure she was Bad.

But actually I think the major distrust LSG and I had going back forth in the early to mid game helped prevent either one of us from getting night killed.

Well I wasn't going to come out and say it was you who wanted to night kill her! But Im glad we didnt end up doing that.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 AM   #2776
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah.. we sat back most of the game trying to protect the numbers and be the base of a CoT.

That reminds me though.. what happened the night i was attacked.. why did it fail, or what exactly happened?

it wasn't me that attacked you.

i never went after anyone and failed until this night (or wait, there was a night i tried to kill schmidty but failed because he was out....grrr that would have turned the game nicely).

i never attacked you or izulde or lsg EXACTLY because I had that amulet and i was hoping the seer (once i knew it was lsg) would clear me and slip me into the CoT. And you and izulde didn't have me on the radar for so long, it benefitted me to keep you alive and going after others.

although TBH you were wearing out your welcome alan and you were prolly next on the list.

stupid stupid me...shoulda gone after you tonight, but i didn't think you were a ranger and i wanted to get that # down even more.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 AM   #2777
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

When the Agents of Saruman try a quick kill, there is a 50/50 chance of success. If successful, just a 25% chance of discovery, when failed, 75% chance of discovery. I believe your attacker rolled a 16 on a d20 and just barely made their evasive roll. I alluded to their just barely making it out in the prose.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM   #2778
Swaggs
Coordinator

This game was strange because both Spleen and Tyrith made full reveals, both of which ended up being 100% true, at odd times. Both of those (obviously Spleen's, especially) really threw me, because neither seemed to be on the chopping block at the time.

Good game, Abe. A lot of interesting roles.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM   #2779
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
it wasn't me that attacked you.

i never went after anyone and failed until this night (or wait, there was a night i tried to kill schmidty but failed because he was out....grrr that would have turned the game nicely).

i never attacked you or izulde or lsg EXACTLY because I had that amulet and i was hoping the seer (once i knew it was lsg) would clear me and slip me into the CoT. And you and izulde didn't have me on the radar for so long, it benefitted me to keep you alive and going after others.

although TBH you were wearing out your welcome alan and you were prolly next on the list.

stupid stupid me...shoulda gone after you tonight, but i didn't think you were a ranger and i wanted to get that # down even more.

Actailly, you tried to Torture Schmidty. There was a night he forgot to turn in a night action. That would have been a good time to have killed/tortured him.

I really wanted one toture from you, maybe on a Ranger to out their whole team. I would have LOVED to have written up that a person was kidnapped durign the night and you can;t find him!

-Anxiety

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-16-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 AM   #2780
Fouts
College Starter

I got nothing out of this game. Sounds like some others had fun though.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #2781
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actailly, you tried to Torture Schmidty. There was a night he forgot to turn in a night action. That would have been a good time to have killed/tortured him.

I really wanted one toture from you, maybe on a Ranger to out their whole team. I would have LOVED to have written up that a person was kidnapped durign the night and you can;t find him!

-Anxiety

brian and i had talked about doing tortures, and actually i was eyeing alan for a torture at one point. but once it got down to just me all by myself i didn't feel that that was a wise investment of my time, figured i needed to keep bringing the #'s down...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:07 AM   #2782
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post

sorry fouts. you were a victim of our "nail a strong vet early" strategy
Old 11-16-2006, 01:08 AM   #2783
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
sorry fouts. you were a victim of our "nail a strong vet early" strategy

Wrong choice. Alan is the strong vet. --->>
Old 11-16-2006, 01:09 AM   #2784
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wrong choice. Alan is the strong vet. --->>

but he was also vocal and off on wild-goose chases. a good combination
Old 11-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #2785
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, that still makes me mad. It was like night 2. My first WW game in awhile, and I screwed up the deadlines. :o
Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM   #2786
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that still makes me mad. It was like night 2. My first WW game in awhile, and I screwed up the deadlines. :o

you're right. i did try to torture schmidty. that was right after people were like "schmidty has an important role." course i wouldn't have gotten much out of anyone on night 2, was hoping he was a ranger though and would out the others...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #2787
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay, I'll check back in a few to see if you had any other questions.

I LOVED hosting this game and you guys were great. It was a grteat game from a pm and public perspective, and I wanted to thank each of the original 25 plus DC for stepping in there early.

-Abe

No problem at all!! It was SOO much fun and a pleasure . I'm lucky I got the vanilla villager role... who knows what would have happened if I remained in the game (before my kid got sick) with Thomkal's role

DaddyTorgo you bastage, I never, ever suspected you... good job staying alive for this long.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #2788
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but he was also vocal and off on wild-goose chases. a good combination

I don't think my early suspicions were too too bad. If I remember right the people I highly suspected were BrianD, Mr.W, DaddyTorgo and Tyrith early on.

I was wrong on Tyrith and Mr.W but right on the other two. The middle part of the game was about trying to keep Izulde alive without giving too much away when he was on the voting hotseat. I said I didnt want Izulde or LSG on the lynch for that day so just picked the quietest people as substitutes (being Ntn).

The only vote I really pushed early was the Chief Rum one and was just going on a hunch there. oh well
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #2789
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Heya Imelda! I based your character on Ioreth, from LoTR if that makes ya feel better.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #2790
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Oneiromancer - one who divines or reads meanings into dreams.

If that doesn't scream, I'm the seer....

-Anxiety

The description sounded sinister and LSG's play came off as bad guyish. Especially when the threatened to out AlanT. I thought she was a seer, seeing through dreams, but could have just as easily been the bad seer. AlanT thought the role might mean she was a "mind slug" with the possibility of controlling people through dreams. Seems like we settled on seer and decided to get as much info from both to use once one was confirmed.

Seemed to work well.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 11-16-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #2791
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Heya Imelda! I based your character on Ioreth, from LoTR if that makes ya feel better.

You shoulda told me my chance of reviving someone was 0.001%
Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 AM   #2792
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think my early suspicions were too too bad. If I remember right the people I highly suspected were BrianD, Mr.W, DaddyTorgo and Tyrith early on.

I was wrong on Tyrith and Mr.W but right on the other two. The middle part of the game was about trying to keep Izulde alive without giving too much away when he was on the voting hotseat. I said I didnt want Izulde or LSG on the lynch for that day so just picked the quietest people as substitutes (being Ntn).

The only vote I really pushed early was the Chief Rum one and was just going on a hunch there. oh well

well let me amend that. you weren't publicly pushing for me so it was to my benefit to keep you alive i felt. had i known you were a ranger you would have been dead long ago
Old 11-16-2006, 01:17 AM   #2793
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hehe, well heading to bed. got to get up in 3 1/2 hours for my flight. I should have been to bed long ago, just the end game is my favorite part.. hearing what everyone's master plans were and what happened behind the scenes for everyone.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:18 AM   #2794
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You shoulda told me my chance of reviving someone was 0.001%

Oh, you want the numbers? Your chance of revival, remembering it was automatic, was 15%, with 30% for reviving yourself. You failed poorly (I think your rolled in the 80s or something)

-Anxiety

Old 11-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #2795
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i dunno what the heck the saruman force was doing all the time, but i felt like from day 2 i was pretty much playing "lone wolf" as we all figured out early on they didn't have much of a chance of night-killing anyone
Old 11-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #2796
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, you want the numbers? Your chance of revival, remembering it was automatic, was 15%, with 30% for reviving yourself. You failed poorly (I think your rolled in the 80s or something)

-Anxiety

Boo. I hate the darkness. Could have been great seeing somebody pop back up in the game.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #2797
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh and sorry DC.

fwiw i did have a twinge of regret when i sent in that night action.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #2798
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anotehr scene I would have lvoed to have written was if SnDvls converted to good during a night foray. I waould have had him captured by teh Barrow Wights deep inteh downs and tehn rescused by some guy named Tom Bombadil....

And the funny part here would be that SnDvls would have no clue what was going on since he's not familiar with teh source material.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #2799
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wow, hello bad seplling. This is what happens when I syat up oast my bestiem. Bad typing rsults.

-Anxiety

Old 11-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #2800
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anotehr scene I would have lvoed to have written was if SnDvls converted to good during a night foray. I waould have had him captured by teh Barrow Wights deep inteh downs and tehn rescused by some guy named Tom Bombadil....

And the funny part here would be that SnDvls would have no clue what was going on since he's not familiar with teh source material.

that woulda been awesome