Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #2751
Danny
Head Coach

Have you been attacked that much? It seems since your dueling level is low, you're not really worth the xp to duel (which is why I dueled ones much higher level)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #2752
Danny
Head Coach

And do the attacks have much of a negative effect? When dueling the adventurers I have from their town, they never carry any money, so it's just getting the xp for me. You don't get hit enough to pass out right?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #2753
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sonia B from Rock Ridge tried to take me on (and failed).
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #2754
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Not gonna reply to your two posts Jon, as I don't agree with them and I don't see the point in arguing with you about it. I'll simply say that, like chinaski, I do think there's not that much communication going on in a big town like LVB. And I've lived in the French world with my son, where we are recruiting people we know absolutely nothing about, and I can't know what they are doing all the time. Every time I get hit in that world, I gotta ask myself "did someone from our town do something stupid or is that simply a free hit?".

What I started thinking when seeing how often you got hit has something to do with something you said in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Naturally, Dick Van Dangle came back for a second try, I lose 60-32 on two big hits to the near-to-the-body shoulder. I hit him in rounds 4 & 5 on the near hand but not doing enough damage. I've really got to find a better melee weapon, the sharp razor blade (14-20 damage) just ain't cutting it so to speak.

Oh, he got $0.

Did it occur to you that you might represent the most "duelable" player in town? I mean, a soldier/dueler looks at the map of our quadrant, sees El Dolado, a nice size town with nice level people and they come and see you, an adventurer with a razor, maybe (or maybe not) wearing clothing that are not really defensive (i.e. with high dodging and high tactics bonuses) and that on top of everything, has a nice high level that makes him hittable by level 33 as well as seen by level 22 and lower as a possible win. If that soldier/dueler is looking for an easy target, wouldn't it make sense for him to hit you, or a worker if he's the cowardly type, in hope to make some easy money and exp gains?

Just a thought.

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #2755
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Have you been attacked that much? It seems since your dueling level is low, you're not really worth the xp to duel (which is why I dueled ones much higher level)

4x in the last 12 hours, 6x in the last 3 days. And frankly any is an annoyance to me, although I'll admit that kanashintolic was almost as amusing as bothersome just because of the ridiculous nature of his attitude (and because he provided my only win to date)

I've lost $6 to one person, $0 to the rest, and actually made $2 off of kanashidiot. The attackers seem to be strictly in it for the XP as they're usually +/- one level of my regular level and usually about 2-3 dueling levels ahead of me. The XP gains (most recent to oldest) have been 44, 54, 61, (-61), 38, and 11. There hasn't been a single duelist in the bunch, every single one has been a "soldier", most likely looking to plump their duel level a little bit with easy prey instead of tackling other soldiers or duelists.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #2756
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I've been to Dick Van Dangle's town twice to duel their members. I've hit adventurers (they actually beat me 3 out of 4 times as they were a much higher level) and duelers. As long as he avoids our workers, I'd say we are fair game.

I see it that way too. Ask a dueler why he dueled you and he'll go "duh, that's what I do, I'm a dueler!". Again, it's the idiots hitting the workers that I hate.

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #2757
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
4x in the last 12 hours, 6x in the last 3 days. And frankly any is an annoyance to me, although I'll admit that kanashintolic was almost as amusing as bothersome just because of the ridiculous nature of his attitude (and because he provided my only win to date)

I've lost $6 to one person, $0 to the rest, and actually made $2 off of kanashidiot. The attackers seem to be strictly in it for the XP as they're usually +/- one level of my regular level and usually about 2-3 dueling levels ahead of me. The XP gains (most recent to oldest) have been 44, 54, 61, (-61), 38, and 11. There hasn't been a single duelist in the bunch, every single one has been a "soldier", most likely looking to plump their duel level a little bit with easy prey instead of tackling other soldiers or duelists.

But has this caused any negative effect? I've only been hit with a duel once on my adventurer and lost, but I didn't lose money and didn't pass out so for all intents and purposes it was like it never happened.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #2758
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Not gonna reply to your two posts Jon, as I don't agree with them and I don't see the point in arguing with you about it.

Nope, no point in arguing about it at all. I've made my position on them clear and expressed my considerable frustration with the situation, not much left for me to say beyond that.

Quote:
Did it occur to you that you might represent the most "duelable" player in town? ... If that soldier/dueler is looking for an easy target, wouldn't it make sense for him to hit you ... Just a thought.

As you'll probably see above, we seem to be thinking along the same lines. So I'll be devoting my attention to correcting that situation & hopefully will eventually be able to provide a little surprise for a few folks who come calling.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #2759
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
As you'll probably see above, we seem to be thinking along the same lines. So I'll be devoting my attention to correcting that situation & hopefully will eventually be able to provide a little surprise for a few folks who come calling.

yeah, read your reply afterward. High dodging/high tactics clothing put on as soon as you schedule the job might the be best for you, at least for a little while. And getting a bit better weapon. I think we had some better melee weapons available now in one of our towns.

Incidentally, I'm happy to report that my level 36 (dueling level 37 prior to the attack) worker in the French world won a duel as a defender overnight. Against a dueling level 40 soldier no less. Gotta love that crow bar. After the attack, my guy shows level 38 in dueling. Two level gap, not bad for a worker whos 2-10 all time in duels.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-19-2009 at 09:14 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #2760
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, my adventurer carries the rusty shotgun at all times, maybe it's scarier than a razor, who knows.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-19-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #2761
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Jon,

If it is frustrating you a good bit, perhaps you might do better by taking my approach (which was I believe your approach previously that I stole and made it my own). Leave the town, let the town primarily be the workers and duelers, and then only join when you need to make a purchase/donate money.

I know the time between joins increment that way, but I find myself only joining the town once a week or twice a week anyways and just planning my joining a few days ahead of time.

I know you said that the way you feel that you can contribute the most is by helping send out invites, but if this is frustrating you, no sense in that. Why not leave town, and have some peace for a while to respec or build your character the way you want it to be?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #2762
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But has this caused any negative effect?

I guess that depends upon whether me being annoyed enough to seriously consider quitting the game entirely a "negative effect". For me, yeah, that's negative impact, everybody else's mileage can & certainly will vary.

I'm really not down with the whole "workers are untouchable", "duelers/soldiers can do whatever as long as it's not a worker", and the attendant "adventurers can just get fucked with, big fucking deal" approach that seems to be part of the game.

Let me be very clear, I do not think that's something unique to the FOFC contingent by any means, it seems to be the overwhelming sentiment across the game in all worlds. Ultimately I'll either be able to transform the character into something more than a human target or I'll walk away & leave it with people more willing to deal with it. In hindsight I now realize that what I should have done was declared worker as my class and then leveled the character however I wanted, live & learn I reckon, bad decision on my part. I failed miserably in adequately understanding the dynamics of the relationships between the classes before choosing, I don't know what else I can say, I fucked that up myself but for whatever reason I really didn't know any better.

{shrug} It'll turn out however it turns out.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #2763
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think that Jon's biggest problem is that this is keeping him from playing the game the way that he wants and that he is just expressing his frustration about that. FWIW, although I disagree with you, I have the exact same feeling when someone interferes with my enjoyment of something. I find it frustrating almost to the point of quitting. I sympathize with how you feel, but think that the current situation is appropriate within the context of the game.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #2764
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think that Jon's biggest problem is that this is keeping him from playing the game the way that he wants and that he is just expressing his frustration about that.

I'll be damned, somebody not only got it but was able to sum it up incredibly well.

Dead serious, you cannot imagine how much I appreciate you posting that.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #2765
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Jon, how's Borachon doing in world 7 as far as duels go?

My guy's not been hit too much surprisingly enough. In light of the discussion we've been having, I was just wondering.

And I agree with PilotMan's assessment of the situation.

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #2766
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah Jon, I understand you're frustrated. I hope it works out where you start enjoying the game again
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #2767
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jon, how's Borachon doing in world 7 as far as duels go?

Never been touched, nor even looked at as far as I can tell. My guess would be that being such a small fish in a relative big pond makes me less targetable, although that luck could obviously turn on a dime at any moment (and probably will now that I've mentioned it).
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #2768
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Never been touched, nor even looked at as far as I can tell. My guess would be that being such a small fish in a relative big pond makes me less targetable, although that luck could obviously turn on a dime at any moment (and probably will now that I've mentioned it).

LOL, ever the optimist.

I've been hit a few times. A level 36 worker makes for an easy target and it's made me a bit more nervous in the past few days since I've started doing the iron mining job. That's a high paying job and I will sometimes schedule two two hour sessions on evenings where I take karate class so that around 9pm, I end up with a decent amount of cash on me. So far, so good though, and I can fight with the crow bar now.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-19-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #2769
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Jon,

If it is frustrating you a good bit, perhaps you might do better by taking my approach (which was I believe your approach previously that I stole and made it my own). Leave the town, let the town primarily be the workers and duelers, and then only join when you need to make a purchase/donate money.

I know the time between joins increment that way, but I find myself only joining the town once a week or twice a week anyways and just planning my joining a few days ahead of time.

I know you said that the way you feel that you can contribute the most is by helping send out invites, but if this is frustrating you, no sense in that. Why not leave town, and have some peace for a while to respec or build your character the way you want it to be?

Precisely how I'm playing as well...mind my own business, for the most part, and plan my town trips in advance to make sure I purchase what I need to purchase as well as make a tidy donation.

I'm likely one item or two away from being able to mine silver and once I'm able to do that I'll complete the quest to earn the free high income bonus and then hopefully fill the banks of both FOFC towns.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #2770
PilotMan
Head Coach

Streched my dualing legs today and ended up 5/5. Granted I didn't take a whole lot of chances but I managed to end up with 238exp and $220. Not bad for part of a days work. Now put the money in the bank and head out for some turkey.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #2771
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Seriously loving the new gun, even if I did lose to Curmudgeon last night. Did 339 points overall to one poor bastard.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 05-19-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Repetition is repetitive
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #2772
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

expanding on who can duel who based solely on dueling level, I've put together a table of the low and high level a certain level can duel, with the best experience gain possible for that level. Here goes:

dueling level low high best exp gain possible
1 1 1 7
2 2 2 9
3 3 4 18
4 3 5 20
5 4 7 29
6 5 8 31
7 5 9 33
8 6 11 42
9 7 12 44
10 8 14 53
11 8 15 55
12 9 16 57
13 10 18 66
14 10 19 68
15 11 21 77
16 12 22 79
17 13 23 81
18 13 25 90
19 14 26 92
20 15 28 101
21 15 29 103
22 16 30 105
23 17 32 114
24 18 33 116
25 18 35 125
26 19 36 127
27 20 37 129
28 20 39 138
29 21 40 140
30 22 42 149
31 23 43 151
32 23 44 153
33 24 46 162
34 25 47 164
35 25 49 173
36 26 50 175
37 27 51 177
38 28 53 186
39 28 54 188
40 29 56 197
41 30 57 199
42 30 58 201
43 31 60 210
44 32 61 212
45 33 63 221
46 33 64 223
47 34 65 225
48 35 67 234
49 35 68 236
50 36 70 245
51 37 71 247
52 38 72 249
53 38 74 258
54 39 75 260
55 40 77 269
56 40 78 271
57 41 79 273
58 42 81 282
59 43 82 284
60 43 84 293
61 44 85 295
62 45 86 297
63 45 88 306
64 46 89 308
65 47 91 317
66 48 92 319

formula for low at level L is: ceiling( 5*L / 7)
formula for high at level L is: floor( 7*L / 5)

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #2773
chinaski
College Prospect

Stoked to be able to do Iron Mining now, I can finally pull my weight somewhat with treasury donations
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #2774
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Stoked to be able to do Iron Mining now, I can finally pull my weight somewhat with treasury donations

and iron mining is great for workers to gain experience too.

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #2775
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can finally pull my weight somewhat with treasury donations

I see the smiley & I know you were just funning and all but seriously, all of our builders have pulled more than their weight to this point and deserve serious credit for it.

That doesn't mean any of you get to slack off or nothing, but just sayin' ...

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #2776
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I see the smiley & I know you were just funning and all but seriously, all of our builders have pulled more than their weight to this point and deserve serious credit for it.

That doesn't mean any of you get to slack off or nothing, but just sayin' ...

oooh ive been slacking . But ive also put in 111 hours into building the town, which keeps me from making money. Thats what adventurers are for

I dont know whats been happening in El Dolado, but ive only been able to donate around $700... construction/worker jobs like the constructing the ranch house pay horribly, yet somehow Mustang has been able to donate 2x what i have . I just got done spending all the money ive ever made on a shirt and hat, so from now on I can finally keep a steady stream of cash coming in with Iron Mining making an average of $75 per hour.

My level 26 adventurer has made over 7k, and is holding about 4k in goods right now, wish I could bring him over to one of our towns.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #2777
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thats what adventurers are for

When they aren't getting beat down by other duelers and losing their money that is.....

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 05-19-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #2778
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
oooh ive been slacking . But ive also put in 111 hours into building the town, which keeps me from making money. Thats what adventurers are for

I dont know whats been happening in El Dolado, but ive only been able to donate around $700... construction/worker jobs like the constructing the ranch house pay horribly, yet somehow Mustang has been able to donate 2x what i have . I just got done spending all the money ive ever made on a shirt and hat, so from now on I can finally keep a steady stream of cash coming in with Iron Mining making an average of $75 per hour.

My level 26 adventurer has made over 7k, and is holding about 4k in goods right now, wish I could bring him over to one of our towns.

Bring him over!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #2779
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
construction/worker jobs like the constructing the ranch house pay horribly, yet somehow Mustang has been able to donate 2x what i have .

I do have all the premiums turned on and one of them is the 50% pay bonus.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #2780
dolfin
High School JV

Quote:
But ive also put in 111 hours into building the town, which keeps me from making money. Thats what adventurers are for

This made me think of my world 3 adventurer and really wish I would have been part of a better town. 213 hrs building; $24090 to the town. I ended taking over the town because I didn't want all my work to go to waste! Now its down to only 2 other active members, and I decided to join a large union.

If I only knew then what I know now!
dolfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #2781
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Just able to pick agaves:
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 20
Experience points 96 Experience points

I wish I could get a decent wage job though.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #2782
chinaski
College Prospect

Heres a town wide telegram from Trog of Shearing Shed/LVB

Quote:
Hiya everyone.

Just a quick note to everyone listing our friends and allies.

Do not attack any of the following towns;

Eagles Towns
Rock Ridge
Hotel California
FOFC Towns

There will be no exceptions made from this point.
If you attack any of these towns, then we will remove you.

If you are hit by anyone from these towns, then please message your towns founder and they will deal with it. Do not attack them back.

Regards,

Trog
Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #2783
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Heres a town wide telegram from Trog of Shearing Shed/LVB

he probably just read my telegrams I sent last night. I'll see what he had to say when I get home...

FM
Old 05-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #2784
ozias
High School JV

Quote:
I'm not so sure they were coming after our guys. Looks more like one of them was wandering around and got to our town, found a worker to hit, and well, workers can't defend themselves, so he hit him.

Have fun still. Looks like two of them just recently got knocked out too.

FM

Well I beat 3 of them, can't get to the other two, as they're in the hotel, but I did some damage. Wish I hadn't deleted the duels, or I'd have better info to provide, but I did deal out 208 points of damage in one duel.

Raising my "Aim" when I respec'd has done wonders. My aim is 38 with 19 for shooting.

I guess it's time ot go after another person. Do we have a hit list anywhere?
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #2785
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's gotta be about the cheap XP

Just took an 86-15 loss to Dick Van Dangle again, only hours after he got $0, this time he gets $1 and 42 XP.

edit to add:

Okay, so if I understand the social graces of this, then his townie Dogzilla, who is a Lvl 19/Duel Lvl 21 prospector/adventurer is considered fair game for me to attack. Right?

And in order to do so, I need to visit the Saltpoint Creek saloon to make the challenge & execute the attack, where he is doesn't matter one bit and even if he were standing right next to me at the same job location I still have to go to his town saloon. Right?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-19-2009 at 03:32 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #2786
DataKing
Pro Rookie

What town is Dick from & how far away is it? Also, what dueling level is he? I'm thinking somebody should pay him a visit.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #2787
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
What town is Dick from & how far away is it? Also, what dueling level is he? I'm thinking somebody should pay him a visit.

And if I understand things correctly (after reading the dueling rules two more times) then hitting Saltpoint Creek (one quadrant to our west) is the only way to get this guy off our doorstep where he is presumably camped out.

If so, is this the point where I say how incredibly stupid that combat dynamic seems to be?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #2788
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
And if I understand things correctly (after reading the dueling rules two more times) then hitting Saltpoint Creek (one quadrant to our west) is the only way to get this guy off our doorstep where he is presumably camped out.

If so, is this the point where I say how incredibly stupid that combat dynamic seems to be?

Wherever he is you go to if you duel him.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #2789
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I was thinking about laying the wood to him and some of the adventurers in his town...see how they like it. The minute I think I should just stick to fights with other duelists and soldiers, somebody like this comes along and ticks me off.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #2790
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'll be taking a nap, dumping my money off, and raiding the living shit outta that town.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #2791
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Wherever he is you go to if you duel him.

So I go to his saloon first ?
"You then need to go to the town of the player you want to challenge and go to the saloon. You see a list of all the members of the town and you can challenge them. The other player does not have to be in the town right now, he also doesn't have to be online.")

and THEN I travel again to wherever he is currently? What if he moves?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #2792
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
"You then need to go to the town of the player you want to challenge and go to the saloon. You see a list of all the members of the town and you can challenge them. The other player does not have to be in the town right now, he also doesn't have to be online.")

I always just search guys and duel them that way, I never go to the saloon.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #2793
ozias
High School JV

I think all you need to do is go to there town.

I had 3 duels with people from New Caprica, and once I was there I didn't have to travel any further.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #2794
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:

Distance to the duel is always based on their towns Saloon, you do not go to the place where they are working. faik.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #2795
chinaski
College Prospect

dola, which i hate, because if someones traveled 8 hours and is camping my town, I have to travel 8 hours even though im "standing right next to them" so to speak.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #2796
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Right. Walk to their town, then challenge them to a duel. 10 minutes later, BANG! That's why sometimes a number of our people get hit at the same time...somebody walks to El Dolado or Troutville, then works down the list duelling people they think they can beat.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 05-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #2797
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Dola...and yes I agree, it makes no sense whatsoever.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #2798
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Distance to the duel is always based on their towns Saloon, you do not go to the place where they are working. faik.

aaaand ddola, just to clarify - when you click duel you always travel to their saloon automatically, you dont need to go to their town first etc - just click duel and once the duel is over youll be in there town. I like to queue a duel and then a hotel stay following, so i dont get hit (incase my hp is really low).
Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #2799
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola, which i hate, because if someones traveled 8 hours and is camping my town, I have to travel 8 hours even though im "standing right next to them" so to speak.

Okay, so if he goes to sleep during my travel time (based on where I am currently to his saloon) then I get the "tried to duel but asleep" message like I saw someone get on me earlier?

In other words as an attacker you don't want to launch an attack until you're fairly close to their town already (which you could theoretically do just by finding their name & selecting "Duel" in their profile)?

Sorry if I'm asking too many/too stupid questions, but I really don't understand (or at least ain't sure I understand).
Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #2800
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Okay, so if he goes to sleep during my travel time (based on where I am currently to his saloon) then I get the "tried to duel but asleep" message like I saw someone get on me earlier?

Yup exactly, its a semi-crapshoot, more so based on distance . I tend to pick towns where I can have a few dueling options just in case my main target has gone to sleep by the time i get there.

Quote:
In other words as an attacker you don't want to launch an attack until you're fairly close to their town already (which you could theoretically do just by finding their name & selecting "Duel" in their profile)?

Yea, thats one way of doing it for sure. Would eliminate stumbling across people who have gone to sleep basically. I just go for towns with multiple options. Its pretty tough finding good dueling targets, I tend to go for places 2-6 hours away, medium sized towns with a low level bank Doesnt leave a lot of choices.