Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #29701
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And declared the loan on his taxes, reducing his tax burden. For a campaign loan.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #29702
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If this is true, how do Monday's hearings happen without some proof he's not positive?

What a dumbass.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #29703
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Heh. All I had to put in was my street name and zip code, not even an address, and it pulled the whole street. I remembered an street name from an exit in Charlotte, and here's what it pulled:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Holy shit, you can see how your neighbours voted in the US? WTF?

Colour me stupid if it’s the same in England, but that is nuts...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #29704
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Holy shit, you can see how your neighbours voted in the US? WTF?

Colour me stupid if it’s the same in England, but that is nuts...

How they are registered to vote, not how they voted. In some states you register for a party, so you can vote in closed primaries (primaries only open to those declared "Democrat" or "Republican").
Old 10-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #29705
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Not how they voted. When you register to vote, you can declare a political party (required to vote in primaries in some states).

edit: Beat me to it.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-09-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #29706
thesloppy
Pro Starter

President Donald Trump is scheduled to host his first in-person event since testing positive for the coronavirus on Saturday at the White House discussing "law and order," despite evidence of a growing coronavirus outbreak at the White House this week.

The event will feature "remarks to peaceful protesters for law and order" by the president

^ that should be a doozy.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #29707
AlexB
Pro Starter

OK, so it’s effectively a virtual yard sign... I thought that was a little too much!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #29708
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's also a "who to call for money" registry.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #29709
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Would be something else if 35 people showed up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #29710
Swaggs
Coordinator

Pence requesting an absentee ballot in Indiana: Vice President Mike Pence had requested absentee ballots by mail

Doesn’t own any property in the state and used the governor’s mansion as his address.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #29711
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So... him cancelling the trip yesterday was because he can't vote in person because he grabbed an absentee ballot which, of course, you can't trust because of all that mail fraud or whatever?

Did someone tap him on the shoulder and say "Uh, Mr. VP, you can't vote twice"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-09-2020 at 05:32 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #29712
spleen1015
Coordinator

Does anyone in this administration really think he won't screw them at some point?

Trump personnel office weighs asking appointees to offer their resignations - POLITICO
Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #29713
cuervo72
Head Coach

Letters of resignation? I'm surprised he doesn't demand they all carry cyanide capsules.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #29714
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Letters of resignation? I'm surprised he doesn't demand they all carry cyanide capsules.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the demands from trumpenfuhrer.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #29715
Atocep
Coordinator

I love how even the anonymous official admits they've risked their reputation working for this administration.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #29716
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I love how even the anonymous official admits they've risked their reputation working for this administration.

I suspect we will see a lot of "I felt it was my responsibility to stay on and try to minimize the damage he was doing" excuses.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #29717
kingfc22
Head Coach

Glad to see the clown is hosting another super spreader event tomorrow. Keep on digging that grave.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #29718
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yadayada...Trump using presidency to make more money...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-10-2020 at 12:01 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #29719
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Does anyone in this administration really think he won't screw them at some point?

Trump personnel office weighs asking appointees to offer their resignations - POLITICO

oh good...like The Supreme Court...
Old 10-10-2020, 07:51 AM   #29720
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Texas order limiting absentee drop-off sites to 1 per county blocked by federal court.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-10-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:38 AM   #29721
Ksyrup

This is a good site to track early voting:

2020 General Election Early Vote Statistics
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #29722
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I have been participating in an online survey that is tied in with Facebook. They paid me to shut down Facebook for one week (they could have done up to 6 weeks), and asked me answer a survey questionnaire right before the shut down. They are also going to ask me several surveys through November.

My first one was today, and it had a question that disturbed me. "If one of the candidates refuses to accept the election results and claims victory, how justified is violence to enforce the correct results?"
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #29723
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I participated in a survey with the exact same question (ERP?). I think that question depends on what is the minimum consideration for violence - does the military coming in and dragging Trump out forcefully = violence?

If Trump does try to take the government by coup, I'd hope the military would rise up and depose him - violently if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #29724
Ksyrup

Is Lindsay Graham trying to lose? I get whining on Fox about getting outfunded, but during a debate? Also, his comment about blacks going wherever they want in SC as long as they are conservative not liberal is just ridiculous.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #29725
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

ISiddiqui, that's what hung me up about it. Are they asking if I think civilians should resort to violence (which is a firm no), or should law enforcement if needed use violence to enforce the law (which is yes). I don't believe it would be military involvement, but I can totally see the Secret Service having to drag Trump out of the White House.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #29726
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Is Lindsay Graham trying to lose? I get whining on Fox about getting outfunded, but during a debate? Also, his comment about blacks going wherever they want in SC as long as they are conservative not liberal is just ridiculous.

I think he just doesn't care anymore if people see the real Lindsay Graham. All the money pouring into the state isn't going to his campaign, and for the very first time he knows that he can (will?) lose this election. He's a spoiled baby crying to his mother.

Edit: I will be very curious how the next couple of polls in SC go and we maybe can breathe a little easier about him being gone.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-10-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #29727
whomario
Pro Starter

Having helped design a couple of these sorts of surveys, my best guess is that it is this vague on purpose. It's not about getting a result to that question or gaugin what measures people find acceptable, just seeing how each person changes their answer or not (relative to their own Definition), no matter where they slide on a scale initially with regard to what they would see as/allow as violence.
Because the survey seems pretty clearly aimed more at how facebook/no facebook changes answers and less about gauging response to issues as such.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:05 PM   #29728
Ksyrup

Finally, an endorsement they won't take!

Old 10-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #29729
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I am strangely fascinated by the trials & tribulations of the Conway household.

I think Kellyanne deserves everything that is happening to her now. I also believe George abdicated his responsibility to try to create a "stable" environment for his daughter with his constant bickering about Trump. Daughter is paying for it and is lashing out.

Family needs professional help. I doubt it'll work out though and it may be best to just get divorced and let Claudia pick who she wants to live with.

Kellyanne Conway feuds with her daughter Claudia in TikTok video | Daily Mail Online

Kellyanne, you aren't going to fix this yourself. If you haven't already, get some professional help. I don't give a flip about you (or George) but your daughter needs professional help and/or much better parenting which you haven't provided.

Claudia Conway, 15, says her oxygen levels are low amid COVID-19 battle | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Claudia Conway has taken to TikTok amid her battle with Covid-19, claiming that her oxygen levels are low and that her famous mother, Kellyanne, is refusing to take her to the hospital.

The outspoken teen shared a video to the social media site Friday, in which she used a pulse oximeter to take her oxygen saturation levels.

'It won't stop beeping my oxygen is low haha!' the 15-year-old wrote in the video's caption.

The device showed an oxygen saturation level of 91 percent, sparking alarm among Claudia's 1.3 million followers.

According to doctors, normal oxygen saturation levels range from 95 to 100 percent.

'Do I go to the hospital now?' Claudia asked in the short clip.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-10-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #29730
tarcone
Coordinator

Just a dumb teenager, Duh

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #29731
Ksyrup

My daughter saw a picture of Chris Christie and said he looks like a young, fat version of Huckleberry Hound (that's what my kids call Roy Williams) and now I can't unsee it.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:18 PM   #29732
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

AHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #29733
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I just hope someone does something when he tries to launch nukes
Old 10-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #29734
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some guests for Saturday's White House event on the South Lawn, which will be President Donald Trump's first since testing positive for the coronavirus, had their travel and lodging paid for by controversial conservative activist Candace Owens' group BLEXIT, according to emails obtained by ABC News.

Everything's a con.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #29735
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

People stopped him when he wanted to illegally fire people. I don't think we have to worry about him launching nukes.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:37 AM   #29736
Edward64
Head Coach

My guess is odds of a stimulus deal before elections has gone way down. I don't understand why some GOP senators think the newly counter $1.8T is a death knell & would deflate the base but that fills in some blanks for me on why there's not been more momentum.

Futures are still strong positive right now but have to wait till Sun evening to get a better indicator.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/polit...ump/index.html
Quote:
In a conference call Saturday with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, Senate Republicans blasted the $1.8 trillion offer the White House made to Speaker Pelosi, according to multiple sources.

They went through a number of GOP concerns, like state and local funding, as well as the overall price tag.

While the sentiment was that talks with Pelosi should continue, it was clear that the White House plan had virtually no chance of passing the GOP-controlled Senate, the sources said.

Sen. Rick Scott, a Florida Republican, told Mnuchin and Meadows, flatly, "I don't get it" when it came to why the White House was going down their current path, according to two sources familiar with the call. Tennessee Sen. Marsha Blackburn said it would be a "death knell" to the Senate Republican majority and it would serve to "deflate" the base just three weeks before the election.

I do wonder what Biden is thinking regarding stimulus, economy & spending.

Hmmm, okay we passed first stimulus at $2T+, we are going to pass another stimulus right after I'm elected for another $2T+. I'm doing away with the $1T+ in tax breaks, I'm still down $3T+. And oh yeah, we still have the regular deficit stuff to worry about & our debt will be over 100%+ of GDP soon. And have to fix SS and Medicare somehow.

Anyone know who is on the short-list for Biden's Treasury & State slots?

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-11-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:46 AM   #29737
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if this is just a sign the GOP is breaking from Trump because they know he is toast.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:52 AM   #29738
Flasch186
Coordinator

My favorite moment which I'm sure you'll fall in line on is when the dial flips to be concerned about the deficit. I love when the Fiscal conservatives do that.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:16 AM   #29739
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The signs of Fall:

Cooler weather.
Pumpkins
Changing leaves
GOP politicians conveniently forgetting that "Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter" whenever they fear that a Democrat might come into power.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #29740
Ksyrup

GOP Senators are already pivoting their campaigns to account for an expected Trump loss by arguing they need to keep the Senate to check a Biden presidency.

Also, I think the Dem's "court-packing" line of argument is bad. What the GOP is about to do may be a lot of things, most of them not good, but it's not court-packing. To keep repeating that statement sounds dumb and/or disingenuous. I understand they are trying to turn the GOP's message against them, but it's apples or oranges. Take it on on its merits (or lack thereof).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-11-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #29741
PilotMan
Head Coach

Oh yeah. I mean Rand Paul was all over approving that tax break that took a trillion out of revenue, but now he's 'very concerned' about spending again. He's always got to jump to his newest high horse, when he can.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #29742
Atocep
Coordinator

Is this real life?

Trump wanted to wear a Superman shirt to surprise people - Business Insider
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #29743
Ksyrup

I don't believe it's true. Mainly because if he came up with that idea, there's no way he wouldn't have wanted it to be a T instead of an S.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #29744
stevew
Hall Of Famer

SNL needs to kill the 12+ minute opening sketches featuring meh impressions. Can't wait til the election is over. Feel like we're losing at least 1 sketch.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:13 AM   #29745
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Would 2 meh sketches be better than 1?
Old 10-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #29746
stevew
Hall Of Famer

eh, 2 shots are better than 1 at the end of an NBA quarter.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #29747
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People still watch SNL?
Old 10-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #29748
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
GOP Senators are already pivoting their campaigns to account for an expected Trump loss by arguing they need to keep the Senate to check a Biden presidency.

Also, I think the Dem's "court-packing" line of argument is bad. What the GOP is about to do may be a lot of things, most of them not good, but it's not court-packing. To keep repeating that statement sounds dumb and/or disingenuous. I understand they are trying to turn the GOP's message against them, but it's apples or oranges. Take it on on its merits (or lack thereof).

They invented a precedent to justify abrogating Constitutional responsibilities for a year - and to be clear, I'm not saying that their responsibility was to approve Garland, but I AM saying that Mitch McConnell saying "eat my entire flabby ass Obama" does not constitute "the advice and consent of the Senate." Refusing to schedule hearings is the advice and consent of an overweight turtle fucker, not the Senate - and then invented another one to justify rushing a nominee through less than a month before the election.

All while ignoring the actual literal precedent from 1864 where Lincoln went "hey we just had a SCOTUS death a month before an election and we're in control of both the White House and the Senate because most of the Democrats who'd be here are in absentis because whee rebellion but yanno? Let's wait until after the election to do this shit."

Is it "court packing"? Not in the most literal "imma add justices" sense. Is it craven political calculation designed to ensure that the Supreme Court is set up to thwart any Democratic political initiatives for at least a generation, and maybe to roll back any gains they've made in the last 10 years?

You betcha.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #29749
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
They invented a precedent to justify abrogating Constitutional responsibilities for a year - and to be clear, I'm not saying that their responsibility was to approve Garland, but I AM saying that Mitch McConnell saying "eat my entire flabby ass Obama" does not constitute "the advice and consent of the Senate." Refusing to schedule hearings is the advice and consent of an overweight turtle fucker, not the Senate - and then invented another one to justify rushing a nominee through less than a month before the election.

All while ignoring the actual literal precedent from 1864 where Lincoln went "hey we just had a SCOTUS death a month before an election and we're in control of both the White House and the Senate because most of the Democrats who'd be here are in absentis because whee rebellion but yanno? Let's wait until after the election to do this shit."

Is it "court packing"? Not in the most literal "imma add justices" sense. Is it craven political calculation designed to ensure that the Supreme Court is set up to thwart any Democratic political initiatives for at least a generation, and maybe to roll back any gains they've made in the last 10 years?

You betcha.

I agree with you. Should the Dems take the Senate they need to add 2 seats, not because it's right, but because they can, and it's the same expression of power whose use has been justified against them for the last decade.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #29750
stevew
Hall Of Famer

4 seats*

May as well go for that 7-6 majority.