Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #251
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Or not....as Sammy officially announced today that he committed to Clemson last Wednesday...

With Watkins, Peake, and Bryant this is one of the best WR classes Ive ever seen.

Add to Nuke and McNeal who are freshman now and we will have 5 Army All American WR either Fr or So next year....now if only we can find someone to throw them the damn ball...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #252
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And a kicker.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #253
Ksyrup

Speaking of which - I was mortified to see that Graham Gano kicked a potential 47 yard game-winning FG for the Redskins short by 3-5 yards. Hard to believe. That dude kicked several 60+ yard FGs in high school and kicked the hell out of the ball at FSU. That was flat-out shocking.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #254
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan eases the sting of losing Watkins (grats CU, kid is gonna be a stud) by getting a commitment out of the blue from 4* RB Justice Hayes. He decommited from ND earlier in the week due to negative recruiting and yet comes to a coach who may not have a job in under a week. Kid has always been a UM fan though apparently.

What is interesting is he isn't coming here as an RB but as an ATH and could move to DB.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #255
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Michigan eases the sting of losing Watkins (grats CU, kid is gonna be a stud) by getting a commitment out of the blue from 4* RB Justice Hayes. He decommited from ND earlier in the week due to negative recruiting and yet comes to a coach who may not have a job in under a week. Kid has always been a UM fan though apparently.

What is interesting is he isn't coming here as an RB but as an ATH and could move to DB.

Is his job still up in the air?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #256
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Is his job still up in the air?

Most likely, yes. We'll see though. I think a lot depends on if Brandon thinks he can get Harbaugh or not.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #257
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Most likely, yes. We'll see though. I think a lot depends on if Brandon thinks he can get Harbaugh or not.

From an outsider's perspective (and assuming he loses to OSU) I think it's time to just let the guy go. It doesn't seem like he'll ever be a popular coach there and in the long run it'd probably be better than playing the "is he gone or not" game every season.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #258
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
From an outsider's perspective (and assuming he loses to OSU) I think it's time to just let the guy go. It doesn't seem like he'll ever be a popular coach there and in the long run it'd probably be better than playing the "is he gone or not" game every season.

How I feel too. The fact is he sealed his fate when Wisconsin ran 35 of 36 plays in the 2nd half and had over 230 yards and he still refused to try a 4 man front.

The compromise is he is forced into changes on defense and you know RR won't go for that which I assume would be the idea behind the ultimatum. If RR accepted it he would do it begrudgingly and it'd be a disaster.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #259
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Does RR finally get the RB he needs to add in to his offense? We all sure as hell hope so as Rivals #1 All Purpose Back Demetrius Hart commits to Michigan tonight. Kid is an amazing pass catcher and very elusive in the open field. He is a huge get for us and could very well start the opener next year as he is an early enrollee.

Looks like he might decommit and go to 'Bama instead. I only noticed this when I looked up Michigan's recruits and saw 12 versus 13.

Demetrius Hart and Alabama top the mailbag - ESPN

See also

TheWolverine.com - Dee Hart Decommit?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #260
MrBug708
Head Coach

Mostly for dawgfan, but Brett Hundley re-affirmed his commitment today for UCLA saying that coaching or formation changes won't sway him from the Bruins.

Of course, Brett Nottingham said that last year and two days later he was off to Stanford.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #261
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Looks like he might decommit and go to 'Bama instead. I only noticed this when I looked up Michigan's recruits and saw 12 versus 13.

Demetrius Hart and Alabama top the mailbag - ESPN

See also

TheWolverine.com - Dee Hart Decommit?

Hart is back in the list of Michigan's recruits, but they are down to 11 so I'm not sure who dropped. It had to be a 3 star, or lower recruit.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #262
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

While it wouldn't totally shock me if Hundley signed elsewhere, he clearly likes the weather better at UCLA and the closer proximity to his family in Arizona. Only way he changes his mind is if someone convinces him that his NFL draft stock would do a lot better in Sark's offense than in the Pistol.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #263
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, he has three weeks to have his mind changed, I'd say that the system at UW killed Lockers chance at a first round pick, so there is that
Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #264
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Well, he has three weeks to have his mind changed, I'd say that the system at UW killed Lockers chance at a first round pick, so there is that
I'm not sure how tongue-in-cheek you're being with this, but Locker is far higher in the draft charts now than he was when Sark arrived. Before Sark, Locker was viewed as a great athlete but perhaps better suited in the pros as a safety. Yeah, his stock dropped this year, but it skyrocketed last year and overall he's viewed as a much better pro QB prospect than he was before Sark was hired.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #265
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I'm not sure how tongue-in-cheek you're being with this, but Locker is far higher in the draft charts now than he was when Sark arrived. Before Sark, Locker was viewed as a great athlete but perhaps better suited in the pros as a safety. Yeah, his stock dropped this year, but it skyrocketed last year and overall he's viewed as a much better pro QB prospect than he was before Sark was hired.

Him dropping a bit this year may be better for him in the long run. He isn't a guy that needs to go somewhere where there's pressure to play him right away.

I've been down on him as a high first round pick, but he'd be really good value going to a team in the 2nd half of the first round that can sit him for a year or maybe even two. He has all the tools, but he's a LONG way from being a NFL QB.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 star top WR George Farmer committed to USC tonight.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:53 AM   #267
MrBug708
Head Coach

Worst kept secret, but does he know he'll be playing the OL there?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #268
bhlloy
Coordinator

Predictable and tired cheapshots from a certain board member aside, I have a strong feeling Farmer might end up at safety. He just isn't needed at WR and with Farmer and DeAnthony Thomas, one of the youngest and worst secondaries in the country is going to look a whole lot faster and more athletic next year.

Nobody ever seems to agree with me on this one, but that combination of size, strength and instincts would be a natural FS. Watching his tape I think he's good enough to play on either side of the ball.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Predictable and tired cheapshots from a certain board member aside, I have a strong feeling Farmer might end up at safety. He just isn't needed at WR and with Farmer and DeAnthony Thomas, one of the youngest and worst secondaries in the country is going to look a whole lot faster and more athletic next year.

Nobody ever seems to agree with me on this one, but that combination of size, strength and instincts would be a natural FS. Watching his tape I think he's good enough to play on either side of the ball.

I agree with you. I think he has All-American potential at FS or WR.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Juco CB Isiah Wiley de-committed from Arkansas and committed to USC. USC is expecting 2 or 3 more commits later this weekend.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #271
MrBug708
Head Coach

Doesnt he have a teammate that looks to end up with you guys?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #272
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, Aaron Douglas who was a TE/OT who was in the program with Kiffin at Tennessee is hopefully going to end up with us as well. JC guys are such a crapshoot though in terms of admission so who knows. He's really a key for the class along with David Garness (another JUCO OT), as you have noted maybe once or twice we have o-line issues
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #273
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
He's really a key for the class along with David Garness (another JUCO OT), as you have noted maybe once or twice we have o-line issues
Has USC offered Garness? Sark was on him about a month or so ago and UW had him up for a visit, but no offer yet. We have 2 starters and a key backup graduating, so I'm a little surprised they haven't made an official offer...
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #274
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm sure there was a collective sigh of relief once the Martinez transfer rumors were put to rest.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has USC offered Garness? Sark was on him about a month or so ago and UW had him up for a visit, but no offer yet. We have 2 starters and a key backup graduating, so I'm a little surprised they haven't made an official offer...

Yes, they have offered Garness and he is visiting this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if he committed this weekend.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets another commit, athlete J.R. Tavai who is expected to play DL for them.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #277
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA loses a Colorado OL verbal, who switches back to Colorado and the new regime. UCLA has lost three verbals in the past 3 weeks, two of which were OL.

I can't find Tavai anywhere in a database, is he C/O 2012?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
UCLA loses a Colorado OL verbal, who switches back to Colorado and the new regime. UCLA has lost three verbals in the past 3 weeks, two of which were OL.

I can't find Tavai anywhere in a database, is he C/O 2012?

No, he is in 2011. He was all-CIF last year and was the Western Division CIF Defensive player of the year last year. He is expected to be on the all-CIF team again this year and was being recruited by UCLA along with one or two other schools.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #279
MrBug708
Head Coach

*shrugs* Can't find him in the database
Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #280
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Isn't that like 88 commits for USC at this point?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #281
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post

Kiffin is there...it's ok..
Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

They are so short on scholarship players from Pete under recruiting and a few transfers out. There is a lot of talk they will take 25 plus 10 EE's this year.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #283
Poli
FOFC Survivor

What happened to the scholarship restrictions?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #284
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What happened to the scholarship restrictions?
USC is counting on winning their appeal. It's gonna get ugly when they don't and they have to give some unpleasant news to some of their commits...

Last edited by dawgfan : 12-12-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #285
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
USC is counting on winning their appeal. It's gonna get ugly when they don't and they have to give some unpleasant news to some of their commits...

Look at all the success teams have had with appeals since the changes to the process in '08...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #286
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got their 20th commit today as Juco LB Thomas Tutogi committed to the Trojans. He'll be an EE.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #287
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC got their 20th commit today as Juco LB Thomas Tutogi committed to the Trojans. He'll be an EE.
Not so fast - he probably will end up committing to USC, but he's officially announcing on Wednesday between USC and Washington.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #288
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not so fast - he probably will end up committing to USC, but he's officially announcing on Wednesday between USC and Washington.

You are right. I thought it was official, but it is not yet. However, a poster who is money on the USC premium board says he told the staff tonight that he is a Trojan.

They also got another commit tonight, but that won't be announced until Weds.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #289
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Juco OL David Garness committed to USC last night and made it public today. A very important get for the team. He is an ee who will sign weds.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #290
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Must be nice to not have your recruiting in total limbo. Ironically Michigan may still end up with top 30 player LB Kris Frost out of NC. It's between UM/Auburn but he grew up a Michigan fan and people close to the situation believe his love for Michigan is too much to overcome.

Truthfully if Harbaugh comes in (and we'll see, though that is a vibe that is out there right now but it isn't anything worth feeling confident about) our recruiting will be just fine. He is basically a top 10 recruiter at Stanford and can become a top 5 or so with the Michigan facilities/tradition/academics/etc.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Cal gets 4-star DB Avery Walls from McDonough, GA (Eagle's Landing Christian Academy, previously Union Grove HS). Other finalists among 30 or so offers were Oregon & Michigan.

Kind of an odd deal with him, over two dozen mostly major-college offers but neither UGA nor GT offered him.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #292
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cal also got 4 star OLB/DE Jason Gibson out of Serra HS in Gardena,CA. Couple of nice defensive pickups for them, they were one of the few schools to offer him as a LB which probably made the difference in the end.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #293
MrBug708
Head Coach

Cal and USC had really good weeks. This was not a good year for UCLA to go 4-8
Old 12-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Word is that Sheldon Richardson switched his committment back to Missouri from USC (despite Jurrell Casey announcing for the NFL draft as expected.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-14-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #295
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So, yeah, about that...

Tutogi committed to Washington tonight.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, yeah, about that...

Tutogi committed to Washington tonight.

Good get for Washington.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #297
Ksyrup

FSU got Jacob Fahrenkrug, the top JUCO OL in the country.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #298
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
FSU got Jacob Fahrenkrug, the top JUCO OL in the country.

Gesundheit

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #299
Ksyrup

Hey, they struck gold with Bjoern Werner last year, so they should keep bringing in the kids with the European names if it works for them.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #300
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Good get for Washington.
As I was noting earlier, definitely a position of need for the Huskies with Foster and Aiyewa graduating and pretty much 1st and 2nd year guys behind them. Tutogi will get every opportunity to start right away.

Still, I'm a little surprised - he's a SoCal kid who grew up rooting for USC in a household of USC fans, so when the Trojans offered and he took a visit, I expected he was theirs to lose. Sounds like he just bonded better with players and coaches at the UW.