Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2005, 03:18 PM   #251
vtbub
College Starter

Yankees send Pitcher Buddy Groom to Arizona for future considerations and/or cash

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #252
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Kyle Farnsworth to the Braves for Colon and Minor

Damn the Tigers.

I loved Farnsie

Jose Guillen is sooooo going down the next time the Braves play the Nats.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #253
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Jose Guillen is sooooo going down the next time the Braves play the Nats.

Haha yes. I forgot about Gullens comments regarding Jones. Farnsworth wasn't brought in for his arm .. He was brought in as protection.

Regardless, I've always loved the Braves so I can still be happy in a way.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #254
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Lawton for Gerut I believe is what I heard

If true, I love that one for the Bucs.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #255
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
If true, I love that one for the Bucs.

that deal is confirmed
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:08 PM   #256
JeeberD
General Manager

I want Dunn, dammit!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:38 PM   #257
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I want Dunn, dammit!

If Dunn went to the Astros I'd probably cry
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:30 PM   #258
Philliesfan980
Banned

Nobody wanted to pull the trigger. I think we'll see alot of minor moves in Aug however.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:33 PM   #259
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hey Jeeber, I haven't been keeping up but the Astros haven't made any big moves have they? Dunn would be a great catch but I dont see that happening. I know we really need another starting pitcher unless they plan to go to a three man rotation.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 PM   #260
korme
Go Reds

LSG, the 'stros made no moves today.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 PM   #261
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Love the Farnsworth trade.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:50 PM   #262
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
Hey Jeeber, I haven't been keeping up but the Astros haven't made any big moves have they? Dunn would be a great catch but I dont see that happening. I know we really need another starting pitcher unless they plan to go to a three man rotation.

Nope, no trades. We tried to get Jamie Moyer, but he vetoed the deal. Of course, Zeke Astacio and Wandy Rodriguez have been pitching really well of late, so a fourth or fifth starter might not be something we need too bad...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:21 PM   #263
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Love the Farnsworth trade.

And he' from freekin' Marrietta. I have a new theory. After winning thirteen straight titles, Schuerholz decide that he needed to play with "house rules." He can only add players that are originally from the Atlanta area.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #264
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Shouldn't he have won more than 1 World Series before decided to play with House Rules?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #265
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Shouldn't he have won more than 1 World Series before decided to play with House Rules?

Why? You know there is a glitch in the program when you don't win more than one WS in 13 chances. Nothing you can do about that.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #266
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Alfonso Soriano - 2B - Rangers

According to TSN's Ken Rosenthal, the Braves offered Marcus Giles, Jorge Sosa and a pitching prospect to the Rangers for Alfonso Soriano and Kevin Mench and were turned down.
It's surprising to learn they had that much financial flexibility. We assume the Rangers would have taken this for Soriano alone. However, Mench is probably just as valuable of a property, mainly because he won't be eligible for free agency until after 2008. Jul. 31 - 11:43 pm et
Source: The Sporting News

Soriano and Mench? That would have been a good deal for the Braves. Like Soriano, Mench's numbers drop on the road but so does Giles' numbers.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #267
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

According to WEEI in Boston, the Red Sox will acquire Mike Remlinger today from the Cubs.
Boston will reportedly give up an undisclosed minor leaguer for Remlinger, who was designated for assignment by Chicago. Aug. 9 - 9:36 am et
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #268
Ksyrup

I guess the Sox are doing with relievers what the Yankees are doing with starters.

Red Sox signed RHP Ricky Bottalico to a minor league contract.
A few weeks before he was let go by the Brewers, Bottalico said he'd give his left arm to pitch for the Red Sox. Now he might get a chance to do so, although he'll have to head to Triple-A Pawtucket initially. Aug. 9 - 2:44 am et
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #269
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I hear Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams is out of work (and in hiding somewhere, I would imagine).
Old 08-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #270
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yankees picked up Matt Lawton from the Cubs for a minor leaguer.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #271
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Yankees picked up Matt Lawton from the Cubs for a minor leaguer.

Wasn't the trade deadline like a month ago? Post-deadline trades are so retarded. I know it has something to do about clearing waivers or something like that, but what the hell is the point of a trade deadline if you can make trades after the deadline? It's retarded.

That is all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #272
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Wasn't the trade deadline like a month ago? Post-deadline trades are so retarded. I know it has something to do about clearing waivers or something like that, but what the hell is the point of a trade deadline if you can make trades after the deadline? It's retarded.

That is all.

I feel the same about this. I hate seeing trades after the deadline.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #273
Ksyrup

How about this novel idea - there is no real trade deadline; trades can be made year-round, with certain restrictions. After July 31, a player has to pass through waivers; if a player isn't on the roster by August 31, he is not eligible for the post-season roster.

As for this specific trade, I'm mildly surprised no one tried to keep Lawton away from the Yankees, seeing as though he is a free agent next year and isn't a huge money pick-up.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #274
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
How about this novel idea - there is no real trade deadline; trades can be made year-round, with certain restrictions. After July 31, a player has to pass through waivers; if a player isn't on the roster by August 31, he is not eligible for the post-season roster.

As for this specific trade, I'm mildly surprised no one tried to keep Lawton away from the Yankees, seeing as though he is a free agent next year and isn't a huge money pick-up.

Then don't call it a "trade deadline" and make such a big deal about it. I'd be cool with that.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #275
Ksyrup

They are deadlines, though, based on the type of trade you want to make. I'm sure if the Royals and Reds wanted to swap Sweeney and Casey during September, no one would care because they'd fly through waivers and aren't heading to playoff teams.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #276
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup

That's what I hate. Why the hell wouldn't a team block every single one of these?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:16 PM   #277
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Cause if you claim him there is a threat that you may have to be stuck with him .
Old 08-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #278
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I like that baseball, as long as it's season is...has an open trade season essentially. I mean, with all the players in the minors and such alike, it doesn't seem like it makes a ton of sense to restrict trading completely.

Situations like a few years ago, when Tim Raines was traded in September so he could play with his son for a few weeks - silly as it might be to some - are just one of the reasons why there isn't a real reason to not eliminate it. It's not like it gives anyone a real competitive advantage, with waivers and all restricting trades that are lopsided or whatever - in theory.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:17 PM   #279
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Cause if you claim him there is a threat that you may have to be stuck with him .

Ping Randy Myers