Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #251
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by wrigleyfield
for the Vikings i took Shane Walton, so the Vikings end up with Walton, Troy Palemula and Jimmy Kennedy, how bout that.

Why did you make this pick for me?!?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #252
Craptacular
College Starter

With the 76th overall pick (#12 in the 3rd round), the Oakland Raiders select Nick Eason, DT, Clemson.

The Raiders D-line is being overhauled, so adding two solid rookies was a necessity coming into the draft. Nick Eason is another versatile lineman, who could play DE or DT. I'd plan on bulking him up a little and putting him in the middle. Eason is a 6'3" 300 lb monster with huge arms. He is a good pash rusher and an excellent tackler, and has the potential to be a great run-stuffer as well. He has good quickness off the ball, and plays with nice leverage. Eason is definitely a four-down lineman.

The newest Raiders:
DeWayne White, DE, Louisville
Al Johnson, C, Wisconsin
Teyo Johnson, WR/TE, Stanford
Chaun Thompson, LB, West Texas A&M
Nick Eason, DT, Clemson

I identified 6 main needs coming into the draft, and managed to fill 5 of them. The only one I didn't address was to get a safety to pair up with Derrick Gibson ... Rod Woodson can't play forever. If we continued this draft, I'd probably look to grab a safety (or value CB) and a speedy WR, and then try to find some diamonds in the rough at QB and RB. Overall, I think the picks I've made would be a good start.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:57 PM   #253
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Although a somewhat late pick, Kindal Moorehead should help solidify the Ravens D up front, providing some explosiveness off the outside. Defense is what won Baltimore a title, defense will be counted on heavily in the quest to return...
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 05:18 PM   #254
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Doug--

What is your take on David Sloan? Other than the Detroit game (in which he did more to help the Lions win than he ever could have had he still been playing for them), was he really that bad, or was he lost in the shuffle? It's hard for me to tell when a guy isn't getting the ball if it is because he isn't that good or because everyone around him is so good.

Most people, yourself included, have us taking a TE on day one, so I think that I must be missing how bad Sloan is.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 05:24 PM   #255
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight
Doug--

What is your take on David Sloan? Other than the Detroit game (in which he did more to help the Lions win than he ever could have had he still been playing for them), was he really that bad, or was he lost in the shuffle? It's hard for me to tell when a guy isn't getting the ball if it is because he isn't that good or because everyone around him is so good.

Most people, yourself included, have us taking a TE on day one, so I think that I must be missing how bad Sloan is.

I was very dissapointed with Sloan this season....The Detroit game he was just horrible and the rest of the season he just seemed to be invisable, I was really hoping that Witten or Clark would fall to me...when both were selected I looked at what positions were considered a 'need' position and at TE I felt I was able to get the best value in the 3rd round. Personally, I wouldn't mind going into next season with Sloan as the starter, but I think in the offense that the Saints run a TE that can get open and catch a lot of dump-off type passes is really needed (similar to Boo Williams, why didn't we use him more last year I will never know...). Also, I am not sure on what the contract situation with Sloan is, but I would assume his contract will be pretty big after next season so we will probably be cutting him, and taking a TE in round 3- giving him a year to learn the system then be the starter just sounds like a good idea...

Edit: I just looked at Sloan's stats from last season again and...
12 Catches, 127 yards, 0 TDs...that is just horrible for a starting TE, I would expect a decent TE to catch a lot closer to 400 yards, and atleast a few TDs...I also saw that the Saints are interested in signing TE Pete Mitchelle...I think that could be an ok pickup at the right price, but I don't think he is anywhere near a long term solution to our problem.

Last edited by Doug5984 : 03-13-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #256
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

BUMP!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #257
Logan
Head Coach

The San Francisco 49ers select DL Dan Klecko, Temple University, and most importantly, Marlboro High School.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote