Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #253
Icy
Pro Starter

Woooooottttt!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #254
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Preloading now. Gonna be a good weekend.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #255
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Getting my preload on.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #256
PraetorianX
High School JV

Preloading.

This does not make waiting easier, I want it NOW.

I could perhaps make do with only the editor to tweak some things...
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

77% preloaded.

It is 7PM on Thursday yet??? JEEZ I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #258
Critch
lolzcat

I bet it opens up early for pre-orderers. I'm going to check every 10 minutes just in case.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #259
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm going to redo my American Premier League edit file on FM12, and since FM12 fixes the bug with regional top level leagues that meant it was a no-go for FM11, I'm going to do my English Regional League Mod
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I hope my success with Juve was due to my tactic...I've already got it saved and ready to lad into the new game...now to list the couple of transfers that I brought in (essentially just Razvan Rat I think).
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #261
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Preloading.

This does not make waiting easier, I want it NOW.

I could perhaps make do with only the editor to tweak some things...

theres a editor that comes with the preload? how do i find it?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #262
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The editor is part of the game itself. Sadly, it does not unlock till the game unlocks.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #263
MrBug708
Head Coach

Man, I really should get this game, but dont think I can run it on my ocmputer. Maybe time for a new computer?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #264
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
theres a editor that comes with the preload? how do i find it?

It doesn't come with the preload. I was just saying that I wish it did, as that would help keep me occupied until Thursday evening.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #265
markprior22
High School Varsity

Would someone mind giving me a quick "top down" view of how international soccer works? Take a team like Barcelona. How does that teams league play work in conjunction with international play? Are they completely separate events with no connection to each other? How do the lower leagues function? Are they similar to minor league baseball? I am interested in getting into FM mgr further this year (tried '10) and would just like a better macro view of the sport. Thanks to anyone who replies.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #266
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

1. Not similar at all to minor league baseball. In baseball, the lower teams can't get promoted to the next level. They're feeder teams. In soccer, the top teams in the lower divisions get promoted to the next level.

2. International play is separate. International teams call up player to play for the national teams, which means your league team may occasionally be without a key player for a game or two. But there's no correlation between the two.

3. There are also tournaments that match up the top teams both within national leagues and between the top teams in multiple nations. Kind of like a champions tournament to find the best of the best.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #267
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Would someone mind giving me a quick "top down" view of how international soccer works? Take a team like Barcelona. How does that teams league play work in conjunction with international play? Are they completely separate events with no connection to each other? How do the lower leagues function? Are they similar to minor league baseball? I am interested in getting into FM mgr further this year (tried '10) and would just like a better macro view of the sport. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Ok I'll try and explain.

Each player tends to have two potential affiliations - one will be their 'day job' which is a club, the other will be a nation which is the international team they play for.

The International teams are mainly for 'prestige' and players have no contracts for these teams, HOWEVER playing for them can seriously increase a players reputation and appeal to clubs (as doing well on the international stage is proof that you can play against the very best).

International teams compete in competitions on a 4 year cycle for each competition - so there is a World Cup every 4 years and a 'local' continent based International competition every 4 years (European Championship in Europe) - this means a 'large' international event every two years with the 'off' years taken with qualifiers for the larger tournament. Please note a player can only play for the nation he was born in or which he has a relationship with (nationalised citizen, parental link etc.) - once a player is active at a senior level for a nation he can NOT change to another national side.

The club system is structured differently for each country and can differ HUGELY according to the country. However in general clubs will compete in both league and cup competitions within their country (known as 'domestic' competitions) and also potentially in 'Continental' competitions which will contain the better/more successful clubs within their continent.

An example of a continental competition is the 'Champions League' in Europe.

Some national leagues contain promotion and relegation between levels (most European leagues do) however some do not (australian A-League for instance) either because there is a lack of teams or because they have a more 'American' setup.

With regards to 'feeder teams' - some leagues allow 'reserve' teams to compete in the same league structure as the main team (Spain for instance); some do not (English reserve teams have their own league structure and cannot play in normal domestic competitions) .....

Don't worry if it sounds confusing, once you've played a few seasons it'll all start making sense to you - concentrate on a single nations leagues initally and become familiar with them, then branch off and look elsewhere.

I'd suggest taking a fairly 'sane' setup initially (one of the big European ones or one you know) - then you can look at some of the South American ones where the league standings are calculated over a period of multiple seasons and all sorts of oddities ...

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-19-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #268
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Confirmation from Miles:

FM12 is released on Friday. It's available to play from 00.01 on Friday morning, but could take half an hour for the servers to propogate

So we are *checks clock* 30 hours away and counting. Now the real question is...

Will DT beat me to creating the Here We Go Boyz thread as revenge for me stealing his prerelease thunder?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #269
whomario
Pro Starter

no steam purchase (or demo) in Germany as usual, so itīs uk amazon again... Will propably order at the end of octobre so that itīll be here waiting for me when i come back from a holiday planned for the first week of november.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #270
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

mario: Not 100% sure, but you could ask someone from here to purchase it for you and gift it to you on steam, and you'd send them a payment via PayPal or something similar. Icy and I did it a couple years ago, when the US release was delayed past the EU release by 2-3 weeks.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #271
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Confirmation from Miles:

FM12 is released on Friday. It's available to play from 00.01 on Friday morning, but could take half an hour for the servers to propogate

So we are *checks clock* 30 hours away and counting. Now the real question is...

Will DT beat me to creating the Here We Go Boyz thread as revenge for me stealing his prerelease thunder?

My thread was actually titled "Here we Go Boyz" so that we could use it as a one-stop repository from pre-release all the way through, but you spoiled that.

Let's establish criteria - do we have to have the game fully DLed in order to start the thread?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #272
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
no steam purchase (or demo) in Germany as usual, so itīs uk amazon again... Will propably order at the end of octobre so that itīll be here waiting for me when i come back from a holiday planned for the first week of november.

As sirfozzie said, i can buy it for you as gift and you will get it in your steam account. I did past year for a few FOFC USA members and some have done for me in the past for Steam games released in USA at cheaper price than in Europe.

Let me know if you want it, my steam id is: IcySpanish, you can send me a message using the steam chat system.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #273
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
My thread was actually titled "Here we Go Boyz" so that we could use it as a one-stop repository from pre-release all the way through, but you spoiled that.

Let's establish criteria - do we have to have the game fully DLed in order to start the thread?

criteria? WEE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN CRITERIA!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #274
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

As Icy said man...feel free to reach out to me too. In fact, I'm sure most of us here on the board would be willing to help out in a similar way. Benefits of belonging to a community!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #275
markprior22
High School Varsity

Thanks MBBF and Marc. I'll definitely give it a shot.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #276
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Confirmation from Miles:

Quote:

If I were (more of) an asshole, I'd start the thread to steal the thunder from BOTH of you, even though it'll be some time before I can get the game.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #277
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Did I read you right, Sack? Are you that big of an...

Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #278
SackAttack
Head Coach

Do you see a thread posted by yours truly? That should answer your question.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #279
TroyF
Coordinator

drums fingers. Sighs. Drums fingers. Sighs.

I want to play this game NOW.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #280
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

20 hours...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #281
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I have no will power.

Pre-ordering now.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #282
cody8200
High School Varsity

After the demo, I am still on the fence. I have bought the game the last 2 out of 3 years. I usually have quite a bit of fun with it and spend 100+ hours playing. Once the game is released, if someone who is interested in the MLS can give a summary of how things look (signings, youth teams, etc), that would be great,
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #283
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I will probably end up getting this, but I just barely sat down with my FM11 I bought months ago and started playing there....so I don't know how amped I am to upgrade right out of the gates.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #284
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

9hrs 40mins
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #285
PraetorianX
High School JV

Whew. I was having some internet difficulties this morning...looks like it's going fine now though.

Thank god. Jail time for the mass murder of Windstream employees likely would not have gotten me playing any sooner.

God I wish there was a decent alternative for internet where I live.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #286
MrBug708
Head Coach

Just rename this thread
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #287
Shepp
High School Varsity

I was really thinking of sitting out this years version but I've looked at some of the new features and I think SI has done enough to suck me in for another year. The deciding factor was where the game rates your players depth by position. I have been wanting to see this for years. I also think its kind of nice that if you look at the scout report on a prospect it will also show you where he rates among the other players that you already have.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #288
PraetorianX
High School JV

Yeah, I really like those features too.

But what did it for me was the add/remove leagues at any time. I had intended to keep going with '11 as I had a good long game going was more than happy with it. The only thing that could have changed my mind was that one feature, and of course they just had to add it this year.

That said, unless they have something really really terrific next year, I'll likely sit that one out and get FM14.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #289
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

7hrs 36mins

(yes I have an alarm set on my phone for 6:50PM to ensure that I'm online and ready to go by 7PM)

FM release day is better than Christmas.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #290
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
FM first patch day is better than Christmas.

Fixed.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #291
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Well sure. I suppose that's true. But I'll use the time between now and first-patch to monkey around...explore the new features of the game and get really comfortable with it, so that when I'm ready to start my longterm dynasty I'm ready to go.

I usually just use my demo game continued to do that. Looking forward to it this year, since I'm being hugely successful in the league so far.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #292
Shepp
High School Varsity

Hasn't there been a "Day 1" patch for the last couple of years? I wouldn't be suprised if there is an update by the weekend.

Last edited by Shepp : 10-20-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #293
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's that first big patch a ways down the line that really does it for me. It's just the nature of the beast that a ton of stuff gets found once the game is out in the wild, and I inevitably wind up restarting my game once said patch comes out.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-20-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #294
Icy
Pro Starter

Matt from SEGA has said that the game exe has been patched already and submitted to steam, so at midnight we will be playing the patched game already and there won't be a day 1 patch.

Here is the related info from SI forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt from SEGA
Patch Information:
I'm informed that the .exe that you download IS different to the demo code - i.e. the clever folk at SI have been working on a few tweaks and updates. At this point, I'm uncertain as to what they are. They always post changelogs to their patches and I'm sure when Miles gets off a plane, train or whatever automobile he is in doing his PR thing, he'll be on here with an update. What I guess that means is that there won't be a "Day One Patch" that you need to wait for - we've provided it prior to launch. What I can't speak for is the need for any further patches and if, or when, they may be made available - again, we need SI to cover that. I also stipulate "guess" - I am not the expert and there may be more info to come from SI. Please don't ask any more, as I don't know about the content - sorry - Miles is already going to tell me off for telling you this, but I'm trying to prevent a long list of posts all asking the same questions. If I don't answer you tomorrow, you'll know why...

Last edited by Icy : 10-20-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #295
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Hasn't there been a "Day 1" patch for the last couple of years? I wouldn't be suprised if there is an update by the weekend.

If you are downloading the game from Steam you would have the day 1 patch installed already. You would only need to download it if you had the disk copy with the month old gold build.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #296
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ok...I caved. Just to have it now. Probably not good to buy and play while working on an action research project and applying for jobs
Old 10-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(Whistles innocently while hoping DT doesn't go ranty ravey )
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #298
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I really wish I could get into FM... all you guys excited makes me want to be excited too

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #299
whomario
Pro Starter

I thought last years version was very, very good on release. If i recall correctly i really didnīt actually waited for a patch and (again if i recall correctly)

Preloading now as well, cheers Icy Thanks DT for your offer as well

Last edited by whomario : 10-20-2011 at 01:42 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #300
fortheglory
Mascot

Where can I find logos for all of the teams throughout the world in one or two easy downloads?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote