Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #251
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Are the Cavs really going to give the reigns of this team to LeBron by letting him pick his coach and GM?

Why assume this is what is happening? I thought when the Cavs went out early everyone expected the coach to be fired immediately(based on the chatter in the NBA Playoffs thread primarily). Yet when it happened the talk wasn't about "well that is what was in Cleveland's best interests all along", it was "holy shit lebron is holding the franchise hostage!" /shurg I guess, seems like a big leap to a conclusion here about Lebron.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #252
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry resigns - ESPN

So, the coach is gone, and the GM "resigned". Are the Cavs really going to give the reigns of this team to LeBron by letting him pick his coach and GM?
If he wants it, yes. He is the franchise at this point and they don't really have any other option if that is what he wants.

It is worth noting that it would be ridiculous of Lebron to choose his own coach and GM. But Lebron seems to be more about power and image than winning.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #253
miami_fan
Coordinator

Count me amongst those who believe that Lebron has been, at the very least, the assistant GM and the assistant coach already.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #254
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

that explains the early round exits
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #255
bhlloy
Coordinator

Wanna bet he'll come back to Cleveland as the first GM/player in the history of the league?

Did anyone see that insane story about Lebron asking Nike to release a shoe for each leg of his free agency tour? He's descending into unheard of levels of douchebagginess every time he opens his mouth. Too much to hope he signs with the Knicks and tears both ACL's before he even gets onto the court?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #256
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Wanna bet he'll come back to Cleveland as the first GM/player in the history of the league?

Did anyone see that insane story about Lebron asking Nike to release a shoe for each leg of his free agency tour? He's descending into unheard of levels of douchebagginess every time he opens his mouth. Too much to hope he signs with the Knicks and tears both ACL's before he even gets onto the court?

what? fuck him. dude's so full of himself.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #257
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
According to a source with first-hand knowledge of James' plans, the Larry King interview that was shot Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN was only the beginning of his elaborate scheme to draw unprecedented attention to his courting. James, according to the source, is in discussions with Nike to create a new shoe for every visit along his free agent path starting July 1. The shoes would have the date of the visit printed, with James already having scripted his itinerary for the Free Agency Tour 2010.

The source insists that he'll head for New York first to visit with the Knicks, and then spend time with the Nets. Chicago will be next, with the Bulls hoping he wants to follow in the footsteps of Michael Jordan and become the Windy City's beloved star. Depending on the level of sustained public interest and the discussions with the teams in the respective cities, James will decide at that point whether to continue on to Miami and possibly Los Angeles to see the Clippers.

I didn't believe it and had to look it up for proof. Unbelievable. What a douche bag.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've always been a huge LeBron fan, but this is ridiculous.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #259
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i saw some speculation or whatever that he's so geeked for this since he never had the experience of being recruited for college or anything, but really...this is just ridiculous.

screams of immaturity.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #260
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i am so glad Houston isnt a sexy city. i dont even want this douche considering comming here
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #261
miami_fan
Coordinator

I LOL'd when I read it.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #262
RedKingGold
College Starter

I've heard of LeBron, therefore, I'm a source with first-hand knowledge.

Seriously guys? Are you really falling for this?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #263
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I've heard of LeBron, therefore, I'm a source with first-hand knowledge.

Seriously guys? Are you really falling for this?

The only reason a story like this has legs is because of his history. If this was "sources close to Dwayne Wade," people would be screaming BS. But Lebron? He's been making cryptic statements about his free agent visits for over two years.

Quote:
"You have to stay open-minded if you're a Knicks fan," James said before delivering his parting words. "If you guys want to sleep right now and don't wake up until July 1, 2010, then go ahead. It's going to be a big day."

That's from Lebron James. Dated November 26, 2008.

I could post a bunch more, but the guy has clearly been waiting for this for two years. He wants everyone to want him and was trying to get fans dreaming of him in different cities the entire time. So is it really shocking to find out that he has a big PR blitz planned for his free agency?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #264
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i am so glad Houston isnt a sexy city. i dont even want this douche considering comming here

Ok, so you're saying you don't want the best player in the game(or at worst 2nd best) on your team. Gotcha.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Tearing ACL's is too easy. Ruptured Achilles plus something that requires microfracture is far worse.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #266
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The only reason a story like this has legs is because of his history. If this was "sources close to Dwayne Wade," people would be screaming BS. But Lebron? He's been making cryptic statements about his free agent visits for over two years.

That's from Lebron James. Dated November 26, 2008.

I could post a bunch more, but the guy has clearly been waiting for this for two years. He wants everyone to want him and was trying to get fans dreaming of him in different cities the entire time. So is it really shocking to find out that he has a big PR blitz planned for his free agency?

Yeah, usually I would try not to put too much stock into a random internet rumor with unnamed sources. But given his comments over the last couple of years, his continual stringing along of Cleveland fans and the latest developments (Larry King - are you kidding me?) it's just a little believable for me to dismiss.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #267
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Cavs are apparently going to try to get H to the Izzo as the next head coach.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #268
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Cavs are apparently going to try to get H to the Izzo as the next head coach.

Izzo isn't dumb enough to take it and is already tossing out the "one more title" excuse.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #269
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looking for some more concrete evidence on a real site, but some MBBF type source is reporting that Izzo told his players he is leaving, and will become our next head coach.

Believe it when I see it.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #270
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Sak had this a minute ago in another thread
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #271
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Saw this. Just a Cavs blog for now.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #272
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was actually looking for collaborating sources. Meanwhile Dr. PSUBBF will post whatever.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #273
bhlloy
Coordinator

If true, he's gotta be pretty certain LeBron is coming back. No way Izzo would want the job otherwise.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #274
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Not an MSU fan but reports out of MSU are he will announce he is staying put. I tend to agree with this as I can't ever see Izzo coaching anywhere but MSU but who knows?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #275
Logan
Head Coach

Of all the NCAA coaches though, Izzo is the one I think would actually be successful in the NBA as long as he either had a decent initial roster or was given enough time to stick with a growing team. It's amazing how well he has done there with players that aren't as heralded as others, and he seems to be the best true coach in the nation (as opposed to a recruiter).
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #276
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Of all the NCAA coaches though, Izzo is the one I think would actually be successful in the NBA as long as he either had a decent initial roster or was given enough time to stick with a growing team. It's amazing how well he has done there with players that aren't as heralded as others, and he seems to be the best true coach in the nation (as opposed to a recruiter).

He runs a ton of pro sets, so X's and O's wise he will fit in. I don't see any way his in your face style works with Bron though, let alone most other NBA players. I think of all the college guys he is the best bet to succeed but it will be a fight.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #277
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
He runs a ton of pro sets, so X's and O's wise he will fit in. I don't see any way his in your face style works with Bron though, let alone most other NBA players. I think of all the college guys he is the best bet to succeed but it will be a fight.

Yep. He can can make workers out of the lesser talented because he can sell it to them. Guys making millions per year don't want to hear that. I think he can take a lesser talented team and have them do wonders, but he's on a limited time frame. Once they block him out, he's done.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #278
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

And oh, I forgot to add this. Here's the article that made me go "there's no way he's that dumb" to moving it up to "there seems to be at least some smoke involved."

Tom Izzo of Michigan State Spartans meets with team - ESPN

And now it's a lot of smoke.

Sources say MSU players believe Tom Izzo is close to taking Cleveland Cavaliers job | cleveland.com
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #279
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently Izzo is visiting Cleveland tomorrow:

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Tom Izzo has flirted with NBA jobs before and then backed away from the edge only to stay at Michigan State.
There's a chance that is what could be happening with his latest suitor, the Cavaliers. But there's no doubt the Michigan State coach is getting closer to that edge.
According to a Michigan State source, Izzo has scheduled a trip to Cleveland on Thursday to meet with team officials and possibly tour the Cavs' facilities. Whether or Izzo will go through with the trip is unknown.
That isn't the only sign he's gotten serious about Dan Gilbert's offer to replace Mike Brown. Sources told The Plain Dealer Wednesday that Michigan State players left a meeting with Izzo Tuesday night believing he was going to take the Cavs' job.
Izzo didn't tell the players that directly. He called the meeting to acknowledge reports that he'd been offered the job, but players left afraid they were about to lose their coach.
Several other sources, however, indicated Izzo hadn't made a final decision. The expectation is he will take at least a couple more days to make up his mind.
LeBron James is expected to take considerably longer to make up his mind about his future.
With so much uncertainty, the Cavs are hedging their bets. According to a league source, the Cavs have opened discussions with former Nets and Hornets head coach Byron Scott. ESPN reported on Wednesday that Scott could interview with the team before the end of the week. However, sources indicate Izzo is still Gilbert's first choice.
This is not the first time Izzo has been in this position. He has declined offers to leave for the NBA numerous times over the last 10 years. He's been on the brink a few times, especially with the Atlanta Hawks in 2000, before deciding to stay with the Spartans.His latest rejection of an NBA job was recent as well. A Michigan State trustee told both the Chicago Tribune and the Detroit News on Wednesday that the Chicago Bulls talked to Izzo about their open coaching job before hiring Tom Thibodeau last week.
Trustee Joel Ferguson told the Tribune: "Tom thought he could get the job" with the Bulls.
Izzo's flirtation with the Bulls aside, at least some Spartans seem worried it will turn into a yes this time. A difference in the two jobs, in addition to the possibility James would re-sign, is that the Cavs have a larger budget for their coaching position.
Gilbert has offered Izzo at least $6 million a year to leave East Lansing after 15 highly-successful seasons. Thibodeau signed a three-year contract worth a reported $6.5 million with just two years guaranteed. The chance to make significantly more money plus work for someone, in Gilbert, who Izzo knows seems to be getting him to consider the Cavs more deeply.
The entire ordeal, though, is applying stress to Michigan State and the uncertainty may also be affecting recruiting efforts. It seemed to boil over a bit on Wednesday when athletic director Mark Hollis issued a terse statement attacking the media for the coverage of Izzo's potential departure.
"There have been many ridiculous reports," Hollis said in the statement. "I'm angry at the impact they have on student-athletes, coaches, wives and children, and other people at universities and organizations. Tom Izzo is the head basketball coach at Michigan State University."
However, Michigan State has acknowledged the Cavs are interested. The Cavs have said they're interested. Izzo has declined to comment or dismiss the speculation. Now his players are concerned they are losing their coach.
Which is why the Cavs might just be close to getting theirs.

Sources say MSU players believe Tom Izzo is close to taking Cleveland Cavaliers job | cleveland.com
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #280
Groundhog
Coordinator

Very interesting. If LeBron stays, he'd be walking into a hell of a better situation than the other college coaches have in the past decade or so.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #281
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lemme just say that Dan Gilbert is the owner you want your team to have. He is obsessed with winning at any cost.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #282
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't really figure out if the Izzo move helps them keep Lebron or not. If it's Phil Jackson or Pat Riley, sure. But while I think Izzo is a great basketball coach, there is a learning curve in the NBA. He's going to have to learn the nuances of timeouts, rotations, and minutes over the course of a 82-game season. Does Lebron trust that Izzo will be ready quick enough to utilize his prime?

My other thought is that Gilbert knows he's losing Lebron (I think most of the deals have already been made behind the scenes). He has a lot invested in the team and the area, so he has to do something big to not see the franchise completely destroyed. Izzo would give them a big name and they can do what Milwaukee has done with Skiles and build a tough, fundamentally sound team. I always felt that if you are a small market that can't get stars to come, you're better off hiring a great coach who will get you an extra 5 wins a year and put in place a system where players can be swapped in and out of. Maybe that is the plan.

As for Izzo, I don't know if I'd leave that situation at MSU. He's a God up there and sort of the Coach K of the midwest. He'll always be able to bring in good talent and compete in a major conference. The NBA is a huge risk for a guy who I don't feel craves the attention much. I'm going to guess that the contract being offered is ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #283
Groundhog
Coordinator

IIRC, his college contract is something like $3m/year, where as the Cavs are rumoured (last I read) to be offering something like $6m/year.

Lack of experience would just mean the Cavs need to get themselves an experienced assistant. Izzo has the basketball know-how, he'd just need someone who has been in the biz long enough to tell him what not to do/say at the NBA level.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #284
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The more I read on the Ferry thing, it's more or less a seamless transition to the next guy. For the most part, the Cavs front office is staying the same. What you are losing is Ferry, who I'd think has a ridiculous amount of contacts throughout the league. As both a former player, and as the son of a GM. Those type of relationships are not built overnight.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #285
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This has to suck so hard for MSU fans if Izzo leaves. They can't even really go out and riot against Dan Gilbert since he is what I would assume to be their richest alumn and biggest donor.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #286
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
This has to suck so hard for MSU fans if Izzo leaves. They can't even really go out and riot against Dan Gilbert since he is what I would assume to be their richest alumn and biggest donor.

And there are seriously a number of fans that simply refuse to admit that Izzo would ever leave before retiring.

I'm not really sure how much of a factor the money is really. I think Izzo is going to get paid well to move to the NBA anyway. All the more so if he stayed, got the one more title, and then left. This isn't like a player staying an extra year and then getting injured which drops his draft stock.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #287
Kodos
Resident Alien

If I was Izzo, I would never leave MSU. He has a good thing going there. If you're pulling in $3 million a year, that's more than enough. At least, it sure would be for me. But then I'm not as motivated by money as a lot of people.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #288
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If I was Izzo, I would never leave MSU. He has a good thing going there. If you're pulling in $3 million a year, that's more than enough. At least, it sure would be for me. But then I'm not as motivated by money as a lot of people.

Not sure if you can say that about Izzo. Wasn't he supposedly offered a huge raise by Oregon? I thought I heard it approached this NBA figure.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #289
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
College basketball has become such a cesspool when it comes to recruiting and the people surrounding the sport. It's definitely a good gig, but maybe he just views it as less enjoyable than he did years ago.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #290
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Read from a well informed MSU poster (works in the AD's office) that Izzo canceled a golf outing with the MSU AD, Mark Dantonio (A good friend of Izzo and MSU's football coach) and someone else in the AD office. A press conference is being rumored for 4 PM but even with that news no one is sure what he will do.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #291
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Not sure if you can say that about Izzo. Wasn't he supposedly offered a huge raise by Oregon? I thought I heard it approached this NBA figure.

Yeah, but it's Oregon.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #292
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Izzo was suppose to decide today, but it's been moved back to Monday. Players think he's gone. Cavs are looking elsewhere because they aren't convinced he's coming.

Tom Izzo says he hasn't decided if he'll coach Cleveland Cavaliers - ESPN
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #293
Groundhog
Coordinator

Well, Free Agency is taking up most of the headlines, but the draft is in two days. Looks like a deep one, but then, last year's looked like a weak one, so you can never really tell. I'm guessing Wall-Turner-Favors-Johnson should pretty much be a lock as far as the first 4 picks go, unless Timberwolves are giving up on Jefferson and go with a big.

Warriors traded Maggette and a 2nd rounder in this draft to the Bucks for Gadz and Bell. Maggette's terrible shot selection negates most of his positive attributes IMO, but I think he's probably an upgrade over a selfish and always-injured Redd. Guess Salmons won't be back.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #294
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Simmons(via twitter) about Maggette possibly having Loser DNA. You can't sniff the playoffs like twice in a 10 year career and not have bad loser habits develop.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #295
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I agree with Simmons(via twitter) about Maggette possibly having Loser DNA. You can't sniff the playoffs like twice in a 10 year career and not have bad loser habits develop.

He's a puzzling player. He is one of the best guys in the league at drawing fouls when attacking the basket, but he slips in to "Ron Artest crazy defended jumper" mode too often.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #296
Groundhog
Coordinator

An interesting take on it, from a comment on yahoo! sports:

Quote:
OK -- here's why it isn't really a risk for Milwaukee. In 2010, Gadzuric/Bell make $11,087,750 to Maggette's $9,600,000 -- savings of nearly $1.5 million.
Next season Bell earns $4,092,000 to Maggette's $10,262,069 -- when you factor in the $1.5 million savings from last year the Bucks are basically paying Maggette $4.67 million more than Bell/Gadzuric to play two years for the club and actually contribute. Plus, don't forget Mike Redd's $18.3 million contract comes off the books.
In Year 3 he earns nearly $11 million but will then be an attractive "expiring contract" if he's not playing well. Milwaukee isn't a free-agent destination so turning expiring deals into players is how they've got to proceed going forward. I think this is a very savvy move, and it does little to hamper their financial flexibility going forward.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #297
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Well, Free Agency is taking up most of the headlines, but the draft is in two days. Looks like a deep one, but then, last year's looked like a weak one, so you can never really tell. I'm guessing Wall-Turner-Favors-Johnson should pretty much be a lock as far as the first 4 picks go, unless Timberwolves are giving up on Jefferson and go with a big.

Warriors traded Maggette and a 2nd rounder in this draft to the Bucks for Gadz and Bell. Maggette's terrible shot selection negates most of his positive attributes IMO, but I think he's probably an upgrade over a selfish and always-injured Redd. Guess Salmons won't be back.

aparently New Jersey is set on taking Wes Johnson leaving Minnesota indeed with the choice between all Big Men available. And drafting one of them (Favors is most likely) seem likely at this point.

I hate that deal for the Bucks, will make it near impossible to root for them baring a Zach Randolph like development for Magette ...

As for the draft : Am curious if for the first time ever we´ll have 2 germans picked. Would have been a lock had either Elias Harris or Robin Benzing declared, this way Pleiß is a lock and Ohlbrecht has a tiny chance after being in the Top5 (and i think even No1 for nbadraft.net) in a few mockdrafts 3 or 4 years back ... Got his career on track this season playing with a new team and being a key contributor, so maybe draft people remember what they liked about him yet.
Pleiß could even go in the first round to some team with multiple picks, but won´t come over next year or propably not even the year after i guess. So 2nd round for him personally would be better, giving him the possibility of negotiating a contract should his career go on with as steep a curve as the last year, going from end of bench player on a terrible team to starter and key player on a championship team here in Germany.

As for the Rockets : I hope they get/take Aldrich. Not a sexy pick, but i firmly believe that a true backup center is their missing piece even with Yao healthy. In 08/09 they were 12.5 (!!!) points worse with Yao on the bench and while all their current big men can play (even Hill looked good), none is a presence on defense really.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #298
Groundhog
Coordinator

Apparently Bucks are busy, grabbing CDR from the Nets for a future pick. Great trade for the Bucks IMO, though a little strange after the Maggette trade.

I think Nets are crazy if they don't draft a PF, but word is they are after Boozer as a FA... I still think they'd be better just grabbing Favors.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Apparently Bucks are busy, grabbing CDR from the Nets for a future pick. Great trade for the Bucks IMO, though a little strange after the Maggette trade.

I think Nets are crazy if they don't draft a PF, but word is they are after Boozer as a FA... I still think they'd be better just grabbing Favors.

If Lebron ain't coming, Boozer's a solid get, and drafting Favors definitely means sitting tight for a while before making a run, because Favors is coming into the league rather raw.

Wesley Johnson is far more ready, the Nets reportedly love him and his upside, and they just dealt away his primary competition at SG.

Also, even if they strike out on Boozer, there are a lot of very good PFs available this offseason. If they go with Johnson and work to get one of the free agent PFs, I think they'll be better in the short term and probably long term, as well, than taking Favors.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #300
Atocep
Coordinator

Heat trade Daequan Cook and the #18 pick to the Thunder for the #34 pick.

You read that right. The heat gave up a player and a pick to move down in the draft. That's a sign that salary cap rules need an overhaul if there ever was one.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote