Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #251
whomario
Pro Starter

OK, can you guys buy the game yet on steam and whatīs the current price tag ?

Also, do the changes actually make a difference in terms of "time you need to invest" ? Alas, as an experienced player can i enjoy the game while having to invest less time to move forward (not move forward less, just more quickly)
Can you change between classic and normal mode in a career ? And how limited is the classic mode ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #252
Ryan S
Quarterback

In the UK it is Ģ22.50 (€28) in the Green Man Gaming store after using a discount code, but I am not sure if that will work for Germans if the game is not sold in your country.

On Steam the game is Ģ29.99 (€37).
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #253
Ryan S
Quarterback

Just noticed that there is a 35% discount voucher on Green Man Gaming which brings the price down to Ģ20 or $26.

GMGFM-35OFF-SCORE
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #254
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, for steam i know itīll work, wouldnīt take the risk with other game stores.

thanks for the info, iīm still pondering ... (propably will try to sell some other games first on ebay and see what comes up that way, being a student now simply has me at a way smaller budget )
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #255
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
yeah, for steam i know itīll work, wouldnīt take the risk with other game stores.

thanks for the info, iīm still pondering ... (propably will try to sell some other games first on ebay and see what comes up that way, being a student now simply has me at a way smaller budget )

What games do you have to sell? Maybe someone here wants to buy...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #256
whomario
Pro Starter

i doubt thatīs practical with shipping to the US
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i doubt thatīs practical with shipping to the US

true
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #258
whomario
Pro Starter

I just took the plunge, after playing the demo yesterday and reading about the add/remove league bug being fixed i was sold. Bough a steam key for 29,99 Euros (didnīt know that was possible), now waiting for it to download and install

Can i assume that last years graphic thingies will work this year ? (logos and pictures)
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #259
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just took the plunge, after playing the demo yesterday and reading about the add/remove league bug being fixed i was sold. Bough a steam key for 29,99 Euros (didnīt know that was possible), now waiting for it to download and install

Can i assume that last years graphic thingies will work this year ? (logos and pictures)

Mine work fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I took the plunge from Green Man Gaming. I'd planned on waiting for 19.99 but having it now for 26 was enough to get me in motion.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #261
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Damn the whiners are out in full force on the SI boards going on and on about the match engine

I've only played two friendly games (I watch the full 90 minutes) and while I do have an untrained American eye for the game I have been impressed.

Beat my reserves 4-1 and had a 1-0 win against and evenly matched side in my last game playing as Burnley in the Championship. So much for all crosses scoring and defenders\keepers being clueless.

Hell, I was up 1-0 in my second friendly and hit a beautiful cross into the box with my ST moving towards goal. He got a strong head to the ball at ~3-5 yds away the the keeper was able to deflect the shot. Ball fell to the ground just outside the 6 yd box and I figured with the "dumb" defenders it would be an easy tap in for one of my lads. Not so the defense scrambled to get to the ball and quickly cleared it.

Also saw the same type of things from my defenders when the ball gets into the box. With all of the bitching I was looking for almost anything in the box going into the net, crossed or worked into. Hasn't been the case. My defense and the AI defense have been good at reacting and clearing. Again my untrained eye has found the play in the box to be much more realistic.

I've read many complaints on wing play. Second game as a 5-4 home favorite (so pretty evenly matched squads) my AMR 18\19 pace\acceleration had no problem dribbling down the sideline even snaking his way past the ML and FB a couple of times all the way to the touchline and hitting beautiful crosses into the box. None of the unexplained back passes that many have complained about.

Maybe my small sample size? Maybe not growing up watching the beautiful game I simply don't notice the problems? Sure is possible. Curious what others are seeing?

Loving the new gui even if it takes a bit to learn where everything is.

New training module is a good change IMHO. Love seeing it all mapped out on the calender and at the same time being able to override the default settings easily. Going to be a huge time saver for me.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #262
whomario
Pro Starter

i would wish that they had taken a few elements from the new "FM classic" and made them available for the normal game (f.e. the "instant result" option)

Itīs freaking awesome you can now start managing both a club and a National Team right from the go

Last edited by whomario : 11-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #263
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Damn the whiners are out in full force on the SI boards going on and on about the match engine

So much for all crosses scoring and defenders\keepers being clueless.

I'm not one of those posting on the SI boards (I am not sure if I have ever posted there before actually), but I have had all kinds of difficulties with the crosses scoring and my defenders being clueless. When I have tried to go with a tactic that I have enjoyed playing for years (4-3-3 modified tactic I created myself and have tweaked through each version), I have simply had no luck at all dealing with things.

I think the problems has something to do with players just being out of a defensive position and not understanding how to get back correctly and they just kind of become zombies out there until I get the ball back, or a score occurs. That is the closest thing that I can think of to describe things.

After getting frustrated for quite a while tweaking with it, I finally gave up and scrapped my 4-3-3 all together for now. Running a 4-4-2 that I have pretty defensive mentality across the board, I don't seem to be having as much of a problem with it. Perhaps that is due to just having a ton of people back, but I still see the occasional brain-dead marking, but at least it is not 4-5 goals a game worth and feels a little more reasonable to deal with.

Once again, I don't know if there is an issue with the match engine, or if I somehow got much worse planning a 4-3-3 in the last month though

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #264
King of New York
High School Varsity

Downloading from Steam now. Classic Mode might have been introduced with me in mind--I passed on FM 11 and 12 because they expanded on those parts of the game that I'd come to dislike, especially postmatch press conferences. I'm interested to see how the revamped team finances work out.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #265
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
i would wish that they had taken a few elements from the new "FM classic" and made them available for the normal game (f.e. the "instant result" option)

Itīs freaking awesome you can now start managing both a club and a National Team right from the go

Some guy on the si forums created an FMC skin for the regular version of the game. The instant result button stayed and works. My system can switch between skins easily, so I swap my skin to FMC if it's one of the ones I don't care to watch. Like end of the year games I have no desire to watch.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #266
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Some guy on the si forums created an FMC skin for the regular version of the game. The instant result button stayed and works. My system can switch between skins easily, so I swap my skin to FMC if it's one of the ones I don't care to watch. Like end of the year games I have no desire to watch.

thanks for the info, iīll have a look at that might be at least an option for preseason

had a nice run with southampton in the demo and might go with them full game.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #267
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

DO you have a link? Or the name of the skin?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #268
TroyF
Coordinator

hxxp://forum.fm-view.net/topic/15507-fmc-skin-for-fm13-updated/ (I used xx for safety there, not sure if anything on the site is bad or not)

FMC for FM13 is what it is called.

My FAVORITE skin of all time has also been released. It's called Steklo X3. Last year he didn't make it until December and it killed me. This year, it has already been released.

hxxp://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/1598/steklo-x3-v1.1

The link has screenshots.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #269
whomario
Pro Starter

on that forum thereīs also the default dark skin with the instant result button (so not the FMC skin for normal mode, but the normal mode skion with just that 1 change)

forum.fm-view.net/topic/15589-fm13-default-skin-with-instant-result-button/
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #270
whomario
Pro Starter

just spent an hour adjusting training and then the fucking game crashes on me when trying to talk to a player. I literally never had a crash with FM, ever ...
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #271
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
just spent an hour adjusting training and then the fucking game crashes on me when trying to talk to a player. I literally never had a crash with FM, ever ...

Yikes! Sorry
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #272
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Thought I'd post some of the SI forum discussion from wwfan (the most knowledgeable person IMHO about the match engine) about why we're seeing tactics from older versions of FM no longer work with the new match engine. Also responses from a couple of users who, once they adjusted their tactics because of advice from wwfan are now having success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfan View Post
Given the amount of forum angst, it is probably worth reposting this:

Lots of things being posted relating to not being able to defend or attack are almost certainly down to users' tactics, not the ME. Such tactical issues illuminate the problems of coding the ME. There is a footballing logic that it and AI tactics access, which includes having a certain number of players moving between the lines (pushing up or dropping deep). If a user's tactic is very static and keeps players glued to their line, then they arguably should be struggling to get results, just as a real life team playing totally static football would. Historically, users employing static tactics have been able to "beat" the ME rather than the AI by keeping their defence back and channeling their passes through to a single, usually quick, player. The lack of collision detection in the ME resulted in this player being guaranteed a certain number of good chances every match. The only thing that mattered was how well he played.

In reality, any team would be able to mark that player out of the game. The one dimensionality of the tactic then gets exposed, as it can't create another type of chance. A user with this type of tactic should be seeing bad football and getting frustrated. How do you know that is you? Generally, if you always kept both FBs on Defend duties, had at least one DLP, possibly two, and forwards only on Attack duties, then there is the strong possibility you were relying on the 'no collision' exploit to overpower the ME. If you had multiple DLPs and an FC in the FCC position, it was almost certainly you.

Ultimately, if this type of tactic is struggling, then it is evidence that the ME has improved structurally. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have some bugs, such as defensive positioning on some free kicks, shooting too often from extreme angles, pressing not being aggressive enough etc. However, these are all secondary to the overall structure working far, far better. Structural improvement was the key focus of the two year ME redevelop, which required the introduction of player collision and ball physics. If you can't see quite how much this has improved the overall play of the ME, then you are missing the wood for the trees. Everything outside of this structural improvement is polishing. The ME might need burnishing in certain areas, but the underlying framework has improved significantly.

Just want to note he is not saying here or in any of his posts that players were "cheating" the ME in previous versions. It is just simply how tactics were developed without any thought of taking advantage of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmaverick View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this advice. After being incredibly frustrated with how stupid my team seemed to be when going forward, I tried to take this advice to heart. I went away from tactics that were tried and true with the old match engine and decided to add some creativity along with some shouts. My team is suddenly playing beautiful football and scoring goals again while remaining solid at the back. It seems that position swapping works extremely well in the new match engine and causes the AI defense huge head aches. Just one thing that's made a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintah View Post
I have to second this. I was very frustrated with the ME. But, once I took wwfan's advice and redesigned my tactics, I'm seeing much better football by my players and they are playing more or less the way I am asking them to play. My only remaining major gripe is the absolute refusal by central players, whether midfielders or forwards, to run with the ball. The second a central player receives the ball, regardless of their dribbling stat, their ppm (i.e. runs with ball), their instructions, or my shout (run at defense), they stop immediately and either shoot or pass to a teammate. I am not sure whether this is a deficiency in my tactics or a flaw in the ME. If it is an ME flaw, then it should be fixed, and if it is a problem with my tactics, then hopefully someone (ehhm, WWFAN, ehhhm) can advice me on how to rectify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfan View Post

Glad I could help.

I have to say that this backs up my thoughts about why people are struggling. I think a lot of people are relying on tactics that worked in FM12. A lot of these tactics "beat the ME" not the AI. The ME rewrite is, quite rightly, making these tactics play as badly as they should play. 90% of the screaming and ranting probably relates to people defending and attacking badly because they are employing tactics that would defend and attack badly in reality.

I've been using a very basic 4-4-2 and have scored circa 2.3 ad conceded 0.5 per game. Barely a foot wrong in defence and a razor sharp attack. I think that everybody struggling should KISS.

That's not to say the ME is perfect as pressing, long shot decisions etc need a lot of work. However, I think it is a number of steps up from FM12 in the overall structure of the football it produces. I also don't think it has changed the results I'd expect to see if you employ good footballing logic in your tactic construction.

Not sure why your central players aren't dribbling. I 'm not having that problem for forwards but don't really expect my central midfielders to RWB.

As for me I use a pretty simple tactic with minimal tweaks. In other words I try to KISS as wwfan mentions in his post. My last 2 friendlies I have had clean sheets, both 1-0 wins. Small sample but no complaints about my defense. I am not scoring but I am getting opportunities and just not finishing.

Anyway I always find wwfan's posts to be great reading and thought I would share a small sample for those that never enter the SI forums.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting - maybe I will try to tweak my tactic. I don't think this is the key problem with my lack of goals this year - I scored a ton in the first year I played through, but my goals have dropped off this year. Maybe I should make sure I have a DLF on "Support" rather than "Attack" though, as I have been getting "gaps between the lines" messages and I am struggling to score in my second year. I still think it's largely down to personnel though, as my team is struggling to adapt to feeding Fernando Llorente (who I picked up on a free transfer) instead of my other strikers.

But maybe some tactical tweaks (and attacking movement training) will have him pouring in goals for me.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-05-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #274
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

As for me I use a pretty simple tactic with minimal tweaks. In other words I try to KISS as wwfan mentions in his post. My last 2 friendlies I have had clean sheets, both 1-0 wins. Small sample but no complaints about my defense. I am not scoring but I am getting opportunities and just not finishing.

Anyway I always find wwfan's posts to be great reading and thought I would share a small sample for those that never enter the SI forums.

Does seem to explain why when I went back to the drawing board with a fairly simple 4-2-2, I am having really good success. After I get used to this for a bit, I'll try to figure out a new 4-3-3 that works better again.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #275
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Does seem to explain why when I went back to the drawing board with a fairly simple 4-2-2, I am having really good success.

No wonder you're winning, that leaves 3 guys to play goalkeepers!
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #276
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
No wonder you're winning, that leaves 3 guys to play goalkeepers!

Haha.. sounds like my daughter's soccer team. Woops, my mistake! 4-4-2 I meant

Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #277
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

That was a good read, thanks for posting it over here Sweed.

Once the beta was patched, I had to ditch my tactic from the beta that gave me my only unbeaten season in FM history. Of course the only point of the tactic was to have the right winger run down then touchline, floating past the defenders and then crossing it to a crowded middle for tap-ins. And this formation didn't really deserve to work, I knew I was just exploiting flaws in the game but I wasn't sticking with the save long term and just wanted to see how far it'd go.

-------------FC------------
-----AMC---AMC-----------
--------MC------MC-----MR
----------------------------
DL-------DC-----DC------DR
---------------------------
-------------GK--------------

Now I have a deep squad that could play several kinds of formations but I just can't settle on one.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #278
King of New York
High School Varsity

Playing LLM with Peterhead in the lowest Scottish division. So far, so good, but I think that I am missing something involving scouting--my scout has been wandering around the UK for six months, and he has not recommended or, as far as I can tell, looked at a single player, and he seems to have come to his position knowing only eight players in the entire country. I'd love for him to stick to Scotland, but I am not sure how I can make him do that. Granted, players who want to play for Peterhead should be few and far between, but surely there must be someone, somewhere, who would be willing to suit up for The Blue Toon.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #279
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
Playing LLM with Peterhead in the lowest Scottish division. So far, so good, but I think that I am missing something involving scouting--my scout has been wandering around the UK for six months, and he has not recommended or, as far as I can tell, looked at a single player, and he seems to have come to his position knowing only eight players in the entire country. I'd love for him to stick to Scotland, but I am not sure how I can make him do that. Granted, players who want to play for Peterhead should be few and far between, but surely there must be someone, somewhere, who would be willing to suit up for The Blue Toon.

first cancel all his current scouting assignments. then assign him to just scout scotland. a scout cant be assigned to scout a region and a country at the same time. i bet your scout is assigned to scout the UK

Last edited by bulletsponge : 11-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #280
whomario
Pro Starter

ok, either iīm stupid or someone at SI might a horendous decicion : Canīt you set filters in a "match 4 of 6 attributes" kind of fashinon anymore ?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #281
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ok, either iīm stupid or someone at SI might a horendous decicion : Canīt you set filters in a "match 4 of 6 attributes" kind of fashinon anymore ?

Yikes - I sure hope so!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #282
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

You can still do this.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #283
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
You can still do this.

just found it ... for some reason you can only change it after choosing the attributes, could swear you could in the "pick attributes" screen last version.

Last edited by whomario : 11-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #284
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
first cancel all his current scouting assignments. then assign him to just scout scotland. a scout cant be assigned to scout a region and a country at the same time. i bet your scout is assigned to scout the UK

Thanks, will try this.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #285
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

One thing I've always wondered is just how much effect a player's position familiarity matters and how much effectiveness does a player lose being played out of position.

Like a central midfielder, if you play them in hole or in the DMC spot, which are at least close to M (C), are they hindered less than if you were to put them in at fullback? (just positionally, ignoring how suitable the player's attributes are for the various positions). Or how much do you lose by playing one of those strikers who is accomplished at one of the wing spots (like an SC/AML) but unfamiliar with the ML role in the ML role?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #286
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

Strange--I cannot do that. I cancel all his assignments, but I still cannot assign him to a country. (I'm playing Classic mode.) When I click New Assignment and then choose my scout, I get a choice of three assignments: Next Opposition, Known Talent, and New Talent. If I choose New Talent, I am not given any options about where my scout goes. He goes straight to Northern Ireland, then the Republic, then England--all without his having given me any information about players in Scotland, where his knowledge is 100 percent (whatever that means).

Basically, if that's how the scouting system really works, it makes playing LLM in Classic mode impossible.

And the fact that there are now 2 FM modes makes it hard to figure out much. When you go onto the SI forums, much of the advice pertains to one mode but not the other, and it's not always clear which mode is being discussed--sometimes, both modes are being discussed without anyone realizing it, and everyone is talking past one another.

And the manual does not seem to have specific information regarding the Classic mode; in the section on scouting assignments, for example, it has a picture of a screen that must be what you get when you play in the non-classic mode, because it is not what you see in thre Classic mode..

As a lapsed FMer coming back to the fold, I have to say that I am finding FMC 2013 to be very frustrating--something that I never found with FM 2010, or any of the earlier versions that I played.

End of rant, and probably the end of my FMC playing.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #287
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Update on Steam.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #288
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
One thing I've always wondered is just how much effect a player's position familiarity matters and how much effectiveness does a player lose being played out of position.

Like a central midfielder, if you play them in hole or in the DMC spot, which are at least close to M (C), are they hindered less than if you were to put them in at fullback? (just positionally, ignoring how suitable the player's attributes are for the various positions). Or how much do you lose by playing one of those strikers who is accomplished at one of the wing spots (like an SC/AML) but unfamiliar with the ML role in the ML role?

isnīt it by default that they are more likely to have orange (rather then red) colour when putting them to a position near them ?

Still canīt decide a club to start with ... Did a couple weeks with Southampton but then also a few with AJ Auxerre and then Sochaux. Might do Sochaux, but will use the editor to at least give me some coaches (they are a first division team but have zero senior coaches)

Question : In the new FM training, when you assign coaches, i canīt find a way to assign coaches for youth training or senior training. It lumbs all players together ? Does that mean that U19 coaches assigned to (say) tactics, do tactic for all players or just U19 ?
If so, how do i get the different tables back, otherwise itīs tough to keep track.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #289
King of New York
High School Varsity

So I get an in-game email message that lists all of my players with under six months to go on their contracts. The message also has a "set to release" button.

1) What does the set to release button do? I searched the manual without luck. Does hitting the button free up salary so that I can sign transfers whose contracts begin when the released players' contracts end?

2) Is there any option other than hitting the button and setting all of them to release, or not hitting the button and setting none of them to release? A few of those players I would rather resign and not set to release, others I am happy to let go. While I admire the players' mutual loyalty in demanding that I either resign all of them or none of them, that's not very realistic.

The manual is really of no help for Classic mode. It just has one page asserting that "Classic mode is different, and all the changes are entirely intentional."

I think that SI, instead of releasing two games under the guise of different modes, would have been better off releasing a single game/mode in which people had the option to select or deselect various options currently limited to one mode or the other.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #290
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I get an in-game email message that lists all of my players with under six months to go on their contracts. The message also has a "set to release" button.

1) What does the set to release button do? I searched the manual without luck. Does hitting the button free up salary so that I can sign transfers whose contracts begin when the released players' contracts end?

2) Is there any option other than hitting the button and setting all of them to release, or not hitting the button and setting none of them to release? A few of those players I would rather resign and not set to release, others I am happy to let go. While I admire the players' mutual loyalty in demanding that I either resign all of them or none of them, that's not very realistic.

The manual is really of no help for Classic mode. It just has one page asserting that "Classic mode is different, and all the changes are entirely intentional."

I think that SI, instead of releasing two games under the guise of different modes, would have been better off releasing a single game/mode in which people had the option to select or deselect various options currently limited to one mode or the other.

I wondered this about "set to release" too...
Old 11-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #291
MrBug708
Head Coach

I wonder if it's a notice that you have no intention of resigning them
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #292
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Set to release means you tell them you have no intention to resign them when their contract ends, so they will be more aggressive about accepting bosman offers and/or transfer offers probably
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #293
whomario
Pro Starter

might also hold some weight when you have contract negotiation as part of your assistant managers responsibilitíes ?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #294
Bobble
College Prospect

In past versions, you could change your team kit colours (or, translated into American - your uniform colors) with a .lnc file in mid-game. Can you not still do that? Did I just dream that? I've taken over Gainsborough and ugh! Them unis are tough to take.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #295
Grover
Pro Starter

Saw this while my game was running operations.

Hmm.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #296
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I'm sure this will be rectified in the future.

Quote:
The problem with this is that you could actually 'strim' FM PC/Mac down a fair bit and play it fairly fast previously but we found that people simply didn't because they then felt they were 'missing out' on stuff because they turned it off.

The hope with FMC as a separate mode is that people who have limited time will find they play it and accept it as a 'whole experience' because its designed to be the way it is - so far it appears most people are (although as always its impossible to please everyone all of the time).

On that note I've some FMH debugging to do
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #297
TroyF
Coordinator

Had something funny happen. An agent offered me a GK from Russia. (not Akeenfiv) He said the team would be willing to let him go for 320 million dollars. I look up the kid to see how special he is. I had to scout him and when the report came back, he showed up as 2.5 stars with the potential for 4 stars. He's a 19 year old kid.

In the Summer, the agent sent me the same offer. Not sure how I could hold myself back, but I never made a bid.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #298
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm sure this will be rectified in the future.

The problem with this is that you could actually 'strim' FM PC/Mac down a fair bit and play it fairly fast previously but we found that people simply didn't because they then felt they were 'missing out' on stuff because they turned it off.

The hope with FMC as a separate mode is that people who have limited time will find they play it and accept it as a 'whole experience' because its designed to be the way it is - so far it appears most people are (although as always its impossible to please everyone all of the time).

On that note I've some FMH debugging to do

For me, you couldn't turn off bits, you have to sub it out to your AssMan, who usually didn't do what you wanted, so it was less detrimental to do it yourself.

If you could actually turn aspects off so that they had no impact on the game (in particular the mind numbing team talks, press conferences, etc) that would be perfect. Mix it with instant result with match plans from FMC and you have my perfect FM! Pretty please?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #299
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
For me, you couldn't turn off bits, you have to sub it out to your AssMan, who usually didn't do what you wanted, so it was less detrimental to do it yourself.

If you could actually turn aspects off so that they had no impact on the game (in particular the mind numbing team talks, press conferences, etc) that would be perfect. Mix it with instant result with match plans from FMC and you have my perfect FM! Pretty please?

a way to sim the games while still having some controll over things (without holidaying) is my single greatest wish for the game ...

@ TroyF: Maybe ucrainian Maxim Koval ? 19 yeal old GK from Dynamo who is really something

I absolutely canīt decide where to start, itīs just maddening ... Tried england, spain, brazil, ukraine, france, denmark, coaching a NT and even the freaking MLS ! Nowhere got further than 1 1/2 months or so in ...
Now iīm back to starting in England and pondering between Arsenal and Tottenham ...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #300
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
a way to sim the games while still having some controll over things (without holidaying) is my single greatest wish for the game ...

@ TroyF: Maybe ucrainian Maxim Koval ? 19 yeal old GK from Dynamo who is really something

I absolutely canīt decide where to start, itīs just maddening ... Tried england, spain, brazil, ukraine, france, denmark, coaching a NT and even the freaking MLS ! Nowhere got further than 1 1/2 months or so in ...
Now iīm back to starting in England and pondering between Arsenal and Tottenham ...

Yup, that was the guy. Maybe my scout underrated him. Still, for 320 million, he would have to have some sort of forcefield that came with him.