Nice ball security by Thomas.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #252
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Nice ball security by Thomas.

Terrible. Refs have been an abomination in this game. Three consecutive plays:\

1) McFadden runs out of the end zone, hops back in on his own, never gets the ball out, ball on on the one half yard line. Broncos, for some unknown reason do not challenge a clear cut safety.

2) next play, holding in the end zone on Dumerville, no call, Raiders get a 7 yard completion.

3) Run that comes back across the filed, guy clearly steps out a full yard before the out of bounds marker, ruling is first down Raiders. Broncos do challenge this, ref gets it right and the Raiders are forced to punt.

Two of the three plays cost Denver two points. Just terrible. That said, if the post I quoted is doesn't happen, Denver has a TD and doesn't have to worry about them. Hope we get those calls if we are pinned on the one later in the game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #253
Thomkal
Head Coach

The vaunted Cardinals defense not looking so vaunted today. Was worried the Cards would be flat today.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #254
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Hartline is finally turning into a decent receiver.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #255
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Terrible. Refs have been an abomination in this game.

You're doing it wrong.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #256
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Keep running Griffin around and it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #257
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Terrible. Refs have been an abomination in this game. Three consecutive plays:\

1) McFadden runs out of the end zone, hops back in on his own, never gets the ball out, ball on on the one half yard line. Broncos, for some unknown reason do not challenge a clear cut safety.

2) next play, holding in the end zone on Dumerville, no call, Raiders get a 7 yard completion.

3) Run that comes back across the filed, guy clearly steps out a full yard before the out of bounds marker, ruling is first down Raiders. Broncos do challenge this, ref gets it right and the Raiders are forced to punt.

Two of the three plays cost Denver two points. Just terrible. That said, if the post I quoted is doesn't happen, Denver has a TD and doesn't have to worry about them. Hope we get those calls if we are pinned on the one later in the game.

Minus the flow of the game, there's no difference between these officials and the replacements. I've seen a dozen calls that were horribly messed up today. We won't hear about them though because the real guys are back.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #258
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You're doing it wrong.

oh, give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #259
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Minus the flow of the game, there's no difference between these officials and the replacements. I've seen a dozen calls that were horribly messed up today. We won't hear about them though because the real guys are back.

I'm convinced the reverse is in play. The only ones who don't think there is a massive difference are the ones who early on predicted there wouldn't be one and are clinging on to that because they don't want to admit they were wrong.

There is a huge unmistakable fucking difference. At least in the Patriots games I've watched. I haven't watched other games closely. But today against the bills was night and day compared to every other game so far this season.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #260
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I'm convinced the reverse is in play. The only ones who don't think there is a massive difference are the ones who early on predicted there wouldn't be one and are clinging on to that because they don't want to admit they were wrong.

There is a huge unmistakable fucking difference. At least in the Patriots games I've watched. I haven't watched other games closely. But today against the bills was night and day compared to every other game so far this season.

You watched the Patriots game and believe that Brady rushing TD was called correctly?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #261
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

The play involving Stafford at the end?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #262
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Keep any player in the history of the game on the field in any capacity whatsoever and it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt.

If we're going for accuracy...
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #263
McLovin
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The vaunted Cardinals defense not looking so vaunted today. Was worried the Cards would be flat today.

Don't worry. Miami will find a way to lose.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #264
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Don't worry. Miami will find a way to lose.

I've grown accustomed to Miami giving away games they should win. Been doing it for the last fifteen years.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #265
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Ding ding ding!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #266
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Oh my. Horrible review decision in the NO -GBY game gives the Saints a free first down (instead of 4th down) at midfield and costs the Packers a time out. Just plain unbelievable.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #267
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Oh my. Horrible review decision in the NO -GBY game gives the Saints a free first down (instead of 4th down) at midfield and costs the Packers a time out. Just plain unbelievable.

That's it. Packers got screwed. Lockout's back on.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #268
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I wonder how many more misses before Carpenter is looking for work?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #269
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Or you could go for another option.

Those of us who did not think there would be a difference because the regular refs miss tons of calls. . . but realized how wrong we were right away because the replacement refs:

A) Could not control the game.
B) Did not know the rules of the game which caused disaster on many occasions (including their fatal mistake in the Packers game Monday night)
C) I'll back to that could not control the game comment again. They had no clue how to control chippy play, or complaints.

The regular refs, for the most part, do a terrific job of controlling the games. They miss a truckload of calls though. In this Broncos game, I've seen at least 8 different misplacement of the ball, blown calls and some unbelievably bizzare rulings.

For example, if you look at the statistics, you will see Broncos nickle back Chris Harris has a sack. That's good and all for Chris, but you might be surprised that he never touched the QB. It was a third and long. Palmer under pressure, threw the ball and it hit his offensive lineman in the ass. The refs spotted the ball at the spot of the "foul", but never called a foul. No intentional grounding flag. No illegal touch flag. No review of a fumble or forward pass (it was a forward pass).

Nope, just spotted the ball at the spot where he threw it without a call, causing the official scorer to have to come up with a reason why the hell the ball was placed there. So the ball was spotted right, but you would think a play that deserved a minimum of two flags would have had ONE thrown, right?

No. Fact is, the refular refs make their fair share of mistakes and made them again today. But there is no debate that they control the game better and hit on a higher rate than the replacements. Just not at the 98% most people insist they get right.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #270
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Or you could go for another option.

Those of us who did not think there would be a difference because the regular refs miss tons of calls. . . but realized how wrong we were right away because the replacement refs:

A) Could not control the game.
B) Did not know the rules of the game which caused disaster on many occasions (including their fatal mistake in the Packers game Monday night)
C) I'll back to that could not control the game comment again. They had no clue how to control chippy play, or complaints.

The regular refs, for the most part, do a terrific job of controlling the games. They miss a truckload of calls though. In this Broncos game, I've seen at least 8 different misplacement of the ball, blown calls and some unbelievably bizzare rulings.

For example, if you look at the statistics, you will see Broncos nickle back Chris Harris has a sack. That's good and all for Chris, but you might be surprised that he never touched the QB. It was a third and long. Palmer under pressure, threw the ball and it hit his offensive lineman in the ass. The refs spotted the ball at the spot of the "foul", but never called a foul. No intentional grounding flag. No illegal touch flag. No review of a fumble or forward pass (it was a forward pass).

Nope, just spotted the ball at the spot where he threw it without a call, causing the official scorer to have to come up with a reason why the hell the ball was placed there. So the ball was spotted right, but you would think a play that deserved a minimum of two flags would have had ONE thrown, right?

No. Fact is, the refular refs make their fair share of mistakes and made them again today. But there is no debate that they control the game better and hit on a higher rate than the replacements. Just not at the 98% most people insist they get right.

I agree with this stance, but that's not the chicken that bucc and his ilk are f'ing.

And, fwiw, your initial post seemed like you were in bucc's camp.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 09-30-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #271
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't thing anyone thought/thinks the regular refs are perfect. Just an order of magnitude better than the replacements.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #272
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Philbin always looks so sad...
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #273
Jas_lov
College Starter

Graham Harrell should never be put into a game, ever. Call a TO if Rodgers needs more time. Awful decision.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #274
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Damn... Miami just breaks my heart week after week.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #275
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Control of the game seems to affect the watchability/enjoyment of the game but not necessarily the outcome. Bad/wrong calls could probably affect the outcome, doesn't it? In the end, it's the standings that only matters.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #276
Radii
Head Coach

RKG was right. Its like the replacement refs never happened.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #277
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Cardinals might want to cover Hartline.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #278
Radii
Head Coach

400 yards for Tannehill?! wow.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #279
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Whoa Miami!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #280
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Control of the game seems to affect the watchability/enjoyment of the game but not necessarily the outcome. Bad/wrong calls could probably affect the outcome, doesn't it? In the end, it's the standings that only matters.

To you and your little fake stance about not "caring about the games" or whatever it is.

Believe it or not, a VERY large majority of NFL fans want to watch games and *gasp* enjoy them.

The standings are actually fairly far down the list in what matters.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #281
Buccaneer
Head Coach

No need to get hostile about a different viewpoint or perspective.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #282
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
No need to get hostile about a different viewpoint or perspective.

You're getting smarmy, condescending and snarky about an argument that no one is making.

You are in a very very very tiny minority here where the enjoyment of the game doesn't matter.

Throughout this issue you've been talking down to people for saying things they didn't say and then ignoring when people show you wrong.

I'm sick of it.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 09-30-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

seriously?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #284
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm starting to love Brian Hartline a little bit.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #285
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm starting to love Brian Hartline a little bit.

watch the Phins trade him to NE right before the trade deadline
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #286
Izulde
Head Coach

Ugh

Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #287
Radii
Head Coach

Nice drive by Arizona to tie that game up.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #288
AlexB
Pro Starter

Surely not two weeks in a row...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #289
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't know how my beloved Cards are even in this game let alone might win it with 8 sacks, and yet another rookie QB throwing for 400 yards against them.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #290
Izulde
Head Coach

...fuck.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #291
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
...fuck.

That should be "FUCK!!!"
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #292
Izulde
Head Coach

This is the Dolphins, so I kind of expected it.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #293
Jas_lov
College Starter

REFS SCREWED THE PACK AGAIN! THIS IS A LEAGUE CONSPIRACY!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #294
kingfc22
Head Coach

Even the real refs are out to screw the Packers. LOL

Last edited by kingfc22 : 09-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #295
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is the Dolphins, so I kind of expected it.

You and me both. But I still threw my Dolphins hat across the room when Naanee fumbled.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #296
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Thank goodness the "real" refs are back rofl
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #297
Izulde
Head Coach

AUGH!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #298
bronconick
College Starter

"Who the hell recovered that?"
"Shit, I don't know."
"That guy over there has it."
"Fuck it, let's just say down by contact."
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #299
Jas_lov
College Starter

This is the biggest screw job in sports history. They sent the worst ref to GB. Just awful.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #300
stevew
Hall Of Famer

poor green bay. lol.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote