Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #251
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Some observations...

Some bad calls against the Bengals. Still, happy to see them get in over a not very good Titans team and the Jets.

Still hate the Pats. I think the only way they don't make the super bowl is if they end up having to play the Steelers and Ravens back to back.

The Colts offseason is going to be interesting.

The Saints-Pack title game is this years super bowl, the real super bowl won't compare.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At what point does Romo become a liability? IT seems obvious he isn't right. The one deep ball was poorly thrown, he isn't scrambling well, and seems very skittish.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Shit Tynes, can't leave points on the board
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #254
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have wondered, at times this year, if Rob Ryan is throwing games with his inept schemes and play calls. But the players are contributing to this one with their butter fingers ... so frustrating.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #255
cougarfreak
College Starter

Man, the refereeing at the Bengals game was atrocious. I don't know if anyone watched it, but good god, in person it was horrendous.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #256
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bradshaw 30 yard run there is Exhibit A of horrible schemes by Ryan. No idea what was supposed to happen there.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #257
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Still hate the Pats. I think the only way they don't make the super bowl is if they end up having to play the Steelers and Ravens back to back.

See, with their defense, there almost isn't a team in the league that I don't think has a shot to beat them on any given Sunday. And while their offense has been consistent when looking at the numbers at a high level post game, they've been pretty erratic during the game. Not to much of a stretch to see them struggling to get it going one day.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #258
ColtCrazy
College Starter

If the Colts do decide to resign and then shop Manning, I can see an epic bidding war being played between Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.

Sure looks like wild card weekend will be won by nfc home teams and afc road teams.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #259
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'll take Manning being traded to the Redskins. I'll be first in line to buy his jersey.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #260
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Should be interesting to see if Washington or Miami try to trade up for RG3.

Or Jacksonville.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #261
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Will someone please take Eddie Trunk's Twitter access away from him until the NFL season is over. His obsession with coaches who have the last name Ryan is getting downright scary.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #262
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Man, the refereeing at the Bengals game was atrocious. I don't know if anyone watched it, but good god, in person it was horrendous.

It was horrendous no matter how anyone saw it. I usually think bad calls kind of even themselves out during most games, but this was like the Bengals playing against the Ravens AND the Refs.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #263
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Ryan Fitzpatrick: Example #4,539 why you don't give players big extensions in the middle of the year. Remember when we were 5-2? That was awesome!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cowboys put together a nice drive and look like they made some good adjustments at the half. Eli needs to answer with a good drive here.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #265
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Getting a little nervous now
Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #266
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755 View Post
Ryan Fitzpatrick: Example #4,539 why you don't give players big extensions in the middle of the year. Remember when we were 5-2? That was awesome!

Its tough to be successful when your defense is complete ass.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #267
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If the Colts do decide to resign and then shop Manning, I can see an epic bidding war being played between Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.

Sure looks like wild card weekend will be won by nfc home teams and afc road teams.

Isn't he already signed?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #268
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
It was horrendous no matter how anyone saw it. I usually think bad calls kind of even themselves out during most games, but this was like the Bengals playing against the Ravens AND the Refs.

+5000000

God that was a horribly officiated game.

Here's hoping the playoff games are handled better.

No matter the outcome from here on out I'm THRILLED for this season. We're 2nd or 3rd youngest in the NFL and this team played its ass off. Can't wait to see what a few more pieces of the puzzle and a full offseason and training camp can do for these guys.

Bengals need to draft a Shutdown corner with one of those 2 first rounders then perhaps a top flight safety with the other.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Getting a little nervous now

Why? Did the Cowboys trade Romo at halftime?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #270
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think if the Colts decide to keep Manning (which I think would be a mistake given the state of team around him) then the most likely trade suitors for Andrew Luck would be Cleveland (have Atlanta's 1st round pick as well), Washington, Miami, and maybe Minnesota as a long shot. Of course, guessing what team would want to trade up is pure speculation.

I honestly can't see Luck willing to sit behind Manning for a year. That's not really an option given Manning's contract so I don't think the Colts will begin next season with both.

Last edited by Racer : 01-01-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #271
hoopsguy
General Manager

Witten was really weak on that one not pushing hard for first down, but trying to get cute.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #272
hoopsguy
General Manager

And it costs the team ... was hoping to see a replay on Witten to determine if he was soft, or super-soft.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #273
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Starting to feel a little sick. Having flashbacks of the Eagles game last year. Giants at the very least need a long drive to give the defense a break. A FG at the very least would be nice to go up by 2 scores.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #274
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, how bad is the Rams front office?

2012 - 2nd overall pick
2011 - 14th overall pick
2010 - 1st overall pick
2009 - 2nd overall pick
2008 - 2nd overall pick

That's a really bad five year stretch.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #275
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I love the Cowboys, but I fucking hate this team. This defense is inept as fuck.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #276
sabotai
General Manager

Nicks makes me nervous with the way he just holds the ball out when he's running with it. Wouldn't surprise me if that behavior results in a few costly fumbles in the future.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #277
kingfc22
Head Coach

Enjoy the off season Jerry!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #278
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Nicks makes me nervous with the way he just holds the ball out when he's running with it. Wouldn't surprise me if that behavior results in a few costly fumbles in the future.

I agree but his hands are so huge and he seems to have a great sense of when to tuck it in.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #279
cougarfreak
College Starter

I heard a stat on the way to the Bengals game I forgot to share. This was the 10th game this season the Bengals have had a game where they are plying a top 10 defense. All things considered, I'd say Dalton and Green have had a hell of a first year.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #280
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This takes a little of the edge off the lousy season, thanks Giants.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #281
Rizon
Pro Starter

Romo!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #282
Danny
Head Coach

Giants will be a dangerous team in the postseason. I wouldn't want to play them
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #283
sabotai
General Manager

Happy the Giants make it to the playoffs and I am thoroughly prepared for the Giants to get bounced in the first round.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #284
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I heard a stat on the way to the Bengals game I forgot to share. This was the 10th game this season the Bengals have had a game where they are plying a top 10 defense. All things considered, I'd say Dalton and Green have had a hell of a first year.

Absolutely. I can't wait for them with another year of maturity and growth under their belt and a hopefully healthy Jordan Shipley in the slot.

I have to say I've been very impressed with Hawkins as well, I hope he can continue to grow as well.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #285
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Happy the Giants make it to the playoffs and I am thoroughly prepared for the Giants to get bounced in the first round.

I think they beat the Falcons. They can beat anyone in the league when they are on, but they lack consistency
Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #286
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

The Giants scare me, IMO. I think they could beat the 49ers (they were pretty close earlier this year), and potentially the Saints as well, and they played the Packers well.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #287
Danny
Head Coach

You guys need a Bengals love thread
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #288
sabotai
General Manager

Eli finished 67 yards short of 5000 passing yards with 4,933, shattering the Giants previous single season record for most passing yards held by Kerry Collins (4,073).
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #289
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Atlanta is rather beatable.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #290
Danny
Head Coach

We are in the time of the passing game with rule changes along with some really good qbs
Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #291
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think they beat the Falcons. They can beat anyone in the league when they are on, but they lack consistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Atlanta is rather beatable.

STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am beyond fired up right now. With all the injuries I didn't expect much from this team. With a division win and a home playoff game I am ecstatic. This tam reminds me a lot of the superbowl team. I was critical of Coughlin earlier in the year, but looking at the season as a whole he has done a great job.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #293
mckerney
Coordinator

Wilfs don't plan on any major changes | StarTribune.com

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, while saying he was disappointed with the 3-13 record after losing 17-13 to the Bears on Sunday, said that there would be "no radical changes among the football executives, including coach Leslie Frazier, for the 2012 season."

That likely means that all those who call the shots when it comes to football personnel will return, including Rick Spielman, vice president of personnel; Rob Brzezinski, vice president of football operations; George Paton, director of player personnel, and Scott Studwell, director of college scouting. But there could be some changes among the assistant coaches.

While members of the media continue to encourage the owners of the team to name a general manager, this is something the Wilfs haven't believed necessary, and Zygi refused to comment on that subject. But I wouldn't be surprised if a move is made before Zygi and Mark Wilf leave the Twin Cities on Tuesday, with Spielman being put in charge of the football said of the operations.

After going 6-10 last year and 3-13 this year, I have a hunch that the Wilfs will give strong consideration to giving more power to somebody in the organization, and the likely candidate would be Spielman.

Fuck, these idiots are the reason the Vikings are in the shape their in and they might get promoted. Hoping this isn't true, or the Wilfs really are the worst owners in the league.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #294
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Rather pathetic that the top two items that make you consider a season a succcess are other teams not making the playoffs. You must have a sad life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This takes a little of the edge off the lousy season, thanks Giants.

Et tu, EagleFan?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #295
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hmm. I like Eli's shirt and tie combo.

/does not wear ties often, but does like them
Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #296
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I think if the Colts decide to keep Manning (which I think would be a mistake given the state of team around him) then the most likely trade suitors for Andrew Luck would be Cleveland (have Atlanta's 1st round pick as well), Washington, Miami, and maybe Minnesota as a long shot. Of course, guessing what team would want to trade up is pure speculation.

I honestly can't see Luck willing to sit behind Manning for a year. That's not really an option given Manning's contract so I don't think the Colts will begin next season with both.

Is it crazy to think that the 49ers might want to be on this list? And that they possibly have enough young defensive talent to make it work without ruining the team?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #297
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't see how the 49ers could do it. They just don't have good enough picks in the 1st round. Cleveland makes sense although I wonder if you'll get pushback from Luck on going there. I think Washington will overpay for the pick though and give up like 6-7 high picks over the next few years. Just seems like a Dan Snyder thing to do.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #298
Thomkal
Head Coach

My beloved Cardinals really aren't laughing at you Cowboys for icing your kicker and going on to lose the game and then not making the playoffs. Really they aren't.

I just wish they had lost that game to Seattle-hurt their draft position with Seattle above them, and maybe a few teams between them and us now. I also hope we get some quality O-Line talent next season so poor Kevin Kolb isn't running for his life every game. Not a good start to his Cardinal career.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #299
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am beyond fired up right now. With all the injuries I didn't expect much from this team. With a division win and a home playoff game I am ecstatic. This tam reminds me a lot of the superbowl team. I was critical of Coughlin earlier in the year, but looking at the season as a whole he has done a great job.

I agree on the whole. I think we'll be as good or as bad as the d-line is healthy & energetic, though. JPP, Osi, Tuck, Canty, Joseph, will ALL need to be on their game as we rely on beating up QBs and making them nervous.

Bradshaw looked a little healthier & the o-line seems to have at least settled into some form of being mediocre (as opposed to bad) so we may have a shot at getting past Atlanta.

That said...I'm fully prepared for a 27-10 meltdown game.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #300
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

I watched Jets/Dolphins, Ravens/Bengals, and parts of Giants/Cowboys, and it was quite clear the refs were in playoff whistle-swallowing mode already, except for offsides / false start which were thrown in plenty. As just one example, on the late key Matt Moore TD where he scrambled left, the announcers completely ignored the WR getting tackled at the back of the end zone. Lots of that all day.