Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2004, 03:55 AM   #251
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, scheduled for 8 rounds.

David ‘The Assassin’ Gonzalez (0-3-1) vs. John ‘Killer’ Naumoff (0-2)

Both fighters are in perfect shape, and still looking for their first victory.

The two fighters had a series of very nice exchanges in round 1, both scoring nicely. Naumoff will get the advantage n this round thanks to some very effective counter punching though.

Naumoff comes out throwing some power shots to the head of Gonzalez. Gonzalez reacts by hitting on the next break. He gets a stern warning. After the warning, Gonzalez starts landing some shots, but then once again hits on the break and immediately has a point taken away! Naumoff comes back and starts targeting the body. He gets a good shot into the gut of Gonzalez and he hit’s the canvas for a 4 count! This was a really strange round, but with the point deduction, it could have been a 3 point round for Naumoff!

In round 3, the two fighters seem to have resorted to just trying to knock the other one out with massive swings aimed in the vicinity of the others head. Having said that, it is a weak looking jab from Gonzalez that sends Naumoff to the canvas for a 4 count!

In round 4, Naumoff gets Gonzalez on the ropes midway through the round and sends him down to the canvas with a flurry of punches. Gonzalez answers to a 4 count though and the fight continues. On overhand right from Naumoff sends Gonzalez to the canvas for the second time in this round. This time he answers to a 5 count. Gonzalez is able to stay on his feet and survive the round.

Halfway through the fight, you gotta think Naumoff is winning by a very wide margin.

In round 5, Gonzalez shakes off those knockdowns and has a very productive round, easily out scoring Naumoff in this round!

In round 6, Gonzalez is looking stronger than at the start of this fight, if that is even possible. Naumoff is starting to suck wind, and when Gonzalez sweeps a hook shot across his forhead, he hit’s the canvas for a 3 count! Naumoff has a fairly large gash over his right eye, but the fight goes on. Late in the round, Gonzalez lands a short clean jab that sends Naumoff down again! Naumoff responds to a 7 count, but even though he got up, the ref is not going to let this one continue!

I thought I would never get to say it but….

The winner, by TKO at the 2:49 mark of Round 6 is DAVID ‘THE ASSASSIN’ GONZALEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:08 AM   #252
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2, Scheduled for 8 rounds.

Charlie ‘Swaggs’ Swager (1-1) vs. Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong (1-2-1)

Both fighters are in perfect shape tonight and we are ready to go…

Early on, Kong gives Swager a lesson in power punching, but Swaggs shrugs it off and cracks one right into the ribcage of Kong, sending him down to the canvas, gasping for air. He gets to his feet at the count of 7. After that, for some strange reason, it was Swaggs doing a lot of clinching.

Kong comes back strong in round 2. He is throwing his best punches at the head of Swager and having incredible success. He really has Swager out on his feet, but he just cannot finish him off before the bell sounds to end round 2.

Round 3 saw a slow down in the action. Each fighter landed just a couple of effective punches. Swager had a late combination and uppercut that may have won him this round.

Round 4 was very even as well, but this time it is Kong who finished strong and took the round. We are halfway done with this fight and it is very, very close. Swaggs has to have the edge though, because of the early knockdown.

Swager is going to be known for that 3 punch combination followed by a hard uppercut. He throws it again and this time Kong hit’s the mat for an 8 count. Kong barely makes it out of the round after that. Nobody would have questioned the ref if he stopped it here.

Kong must know he was lucky to get out of the last round, and he is hanging it all out on the line here in the 6th round. He scores a big victory over Swager in this round.

Kong puts together another extremely impressive round here in the 7th. With just 1 round to go, you cannot count Kong out of this fight, even if it goes to the cards. He does need a strong final round though.

Kong finishes this fight in style, winning all three of the final rounds. I think it might be just enough to overcome the knockdowns. We’ll find out for sure in a minute as the judges have their decision…

Hector Hernandez scores the fight 75-75, even.

Arthur Mercante scores it 76-75 for Clyde Kong.

Deborah Barnes scores it 75-75, even.

This fight has been declared a MAJORITY DRAW.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-02-2004, 05:18 AM   #253
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow. Killer fight.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:46 AM   #254
Kevin
High School JV

"American Bear? Must be teddy bear. Everyone knows bear is the symbol of the Rodina. We look forward to this tune-up for Juice. Juice is only thing he'll be able to eat after his jaw is broken by the Soviet hammer."
Old 04-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #255
TRO
College Prospect

I need to find a way to stay on my feet, another Maj. Draw, w00t I guess
Old 04-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #256
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Sheesh. Vomiting blood? Norton's future ain't looking terribly bright at the moment. Those other "random" elements of his character must be coming into play somehow.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #257
Blade
College Prospect

Marmel, can you get me on the next card?

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #258
MikeVic
Head Coach

Low blow?!?! What was that ref on? That Vicious fellow had his shorts hiked up to his armpits. I don't think the ref should take "below the belt" literally... I was left with no other option than to swing for his head on every punch! I finally landed a body shot, and the ref DQs me! I'm tired of these cheating fighters that don't want to face me man-to-man. There HAS to be a boxer out there in boxing land that wants to actually FIGHT me! Is anyone man enough to step in the ring with Mr Miller??
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #259
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Marmel, can you get me on the next card?

Sure will!

Old 04-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #260
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Gertbeef ‘The Adversary’ Roe (2-0) vs. Tony ‘Wildfire’ Williams (2-2-1)

Both fighters appears to be in great shape physically, however Williams and his management have had their differences lately, and he could be distracted between the ears tonight.

We have two students of the sweet science in the ring tonight. They both take their boxing techniques quite seriously. Early in this fight, Roe looks to be the better trained fighter, as he is landing some nice combinations and a few power punches, as well as working the jab. Williams was trying to do as much, but he is just not finding the range with his shots yet.

Another very impressive round for Roe here in the 2nd. He opened with a classic left-right combination, then followed with a nice series of shots to the head and body of Williams. Tony still looks a little frustrated out there, and is having trouble getting it done.

Williams continues to give Roe all sorts of time to double up on the jab, or throw a 2-3 punch combination. He needs to counter punch as soon as Roe gets that first one off, other wise he will drop three straight rounds like he has done here.

In round 4, the action slowed down quite a bit, but a late flurry from Roe just might have gotten the job done in this round for him.

Round 5 was also a pretty slow round. Williams tends to force this kind of action, especially when he is boxing well, like he did in this round. It was even most of the way, but a great finish to the round definitely gave the advantage to Williams. Still, we are halfway through the fight and this is the only round that was a clear win for Williams.

This fight has slowed down to a complete crawl, if not a stop. Your guess is as good as mine as to who won this round. I’ll say Williams.

A nice short jab here in round 7, from Roe, split William’s lip open. He had plenty of time to wipe the blood away though, because of all the clinching, holding and general non-action of this fight. Roe has to get this round though.

The first half of round 8 was the same old, same old, but the last half was a clinic on jabbing. I’m not sure how exciting that is, but Williams showed how effective it can be. He easily out pointed Roe in this round with a lightning fast jab. He also cut Roe open under his left eye!

Williams seems like he is just starting to warm up now that it is round 9, and we only have 1 more to go. His fight plan, which we have seen so many times in action already, is working perfectly know. He is using Roe as his small bag and getting in a good workout! Another easy win for Williams. If all of his fights were 20-25 rounds, he would never lose.

In the 10th and final round, it seems Roe is tired of getting his face beat in with the jab, so he comes out in a flurry of speed and power, knocking Williams to the canvas for a 5 count early on in the round! Roe moves in for the kill, but you are just not going to knockout Williams. Not in just 10 rounds at least. Williams lasts the full fight, but I think he is in trouble as we go to the cards.

John Rupert scores the fight 97-91.

Carol Castellano scores it 97-91.

Rodolpho Jill scores it 97-91, for the winner by unanimous decision, GERTBEEF ‘THE ADVERSARY’ ROE!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #261
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fighters who have yet to be knocked down (minimum, 2 fights):

Gertbeef Roe, 3 fights
KGB, 3 fights

Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #262
condors
College Starter

i shoulda gone into golf gimmie someone on a losing streak too so one of us will end up in the right direction
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #263
StanGunner
Mascot

"Stunner" is ready for his next victim.
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #264
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn, I didn't think I was going to pull it out against Mayes. But I guess there's no answer to pure, unadulterated strength...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #265
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Jeff ‘Jellybean’ Nights (1-0-1) vs. Chris ‘The Silver Subby’ Shue (1-2-1)

I have no idea how Shue, with a losing record and only 1 win has worked his way into a Co-Feature bout with an undefeated fighter, but he better step up to the plate unless he wants to be relegated back down to opening bouts.

Anyway, both fighters appear to be in great shape and they are ready to fight!

Nights looked about as good as we have ever seen him here in round 1. He got off a series of nice punches, mixing up his attack, and scored big points in this round. He easily takes it. In between rounds it appears that Shue’s corner is working on a small swelling on his right eye. We will keep an EYE on that for you.

So Shue comes out in round 2 and must be thinking that his best defense (for his eye) is a good offense. He lands some nice shots, but he is leaving himself wide open on them, and it is only a matter of time before Nights takes advantage. Once he got a few body shots in, Shue slowed down and Night was able to easily take round 2.

Shue is much more effective when he is defensive minded, like he was in round 3. Not only does he protect his injured eye, but he is forced to pick his spots. As a result, he easily takes his first round of the fight.

Shue slowed things down even more in round 4, and it appeared to be working well, until Nights got off some big power punches in the last 30 seconds of the round to steal it away!

In round 5, Nights started to really target the eye of Shue. Up until now, his corner has done a nice job with it, but he took a lot of shots up there in this round, and that is not going to help things at all. An easy win for Nights in this round. I would give Nights 3 of the first 5 rounds of this fight.

In round 6, Shue got off to a very nice start, but then he got a warning for hitting and holding. This only seemed to fire up Shue, as he doesn’t think he was doing it. He really gave it to Nights in this round!

Another huge round for Shue. About halfway through the round, Nights was clearly out on his feet, just needing that one more punch to go down, but Shue just could not land it, so Nights gets out of the round, but not before taking a huge beating!

Shue has really taken over this fight in the later rounds, and it continues here in the 8th. He is not giving Nights any openings to shoot for, and when Shue does fire a shot, it is usually right on target.

All that momentum that Shue has built up comes crashing down with 1 hard uppercut into his mouth and bottom of his nose. Shue drops like a rock and is down for a 9 count! Nights killer instinct kicks in and he starts raining blows to the head and body of Shue, which drops him down again, this time for a 5 count. Shue does get out of the round, but he is in big trouble now, both on his feet and on the cards, as we head to the final round.

Shue did not have much to offer in the 10th and final round, and Nights was able to have an impressive final round. Lets go to the cards for the judge’s decision…

Gale Van Hoy scores the bout 96-92.

Richard Houck scores it 97-91.

Raul Caiz scores it 97-91, for the winner, by unanimous decision, JEFF ‘JELLYBEAN’ NIGHTS!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:00 PM   #266
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The Main Event, scheduled for 12 rounds to determine the #1 contender for the FOFC Title.

David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope (4-1) vs. Alexander ‘KGB’ Yakushev (3-0)

Both fighters come into the ring in perfect shape tonight. The fans go crazy for Yellope here at Foxwoods, which is just a stones throw from his hometown.

KGB lands the first two punches of this fight, and they were both huge right hands that shook Yellope. His legs looked a little shaky for the rest of the round, and KGB easily takes this first 3 minute round.

In round 2, Yellope started off very strong, working the body, and taking a few shots at landing some power punches to the face of KGB. In the last minute, KGB was able to land another couple of thundering shots to Yellope, who once again clearly was showing the effects of KGB’s power. A very even round, it could go either way.

Round 3 is all KGB. Yellope was totally out on his feet. The ropes were the only thing keeping him up and he faked like he was fighting back with just a couple week jabs that glanced off the massive shoulders of KGB. Yellope is in big time trouble right now!

In round 4, Yellope tried to turn this from a slugfest into a boxing match. That didn’t stop KGB, but it did slow him down quite a bit. Call this round even as well.

KGB has totally broken down Yellope’s defense in this fight and continues to have great success going to the head of Yellope. Round5 was an easy win for KGB and he is starting to pull away on my card.

In round 6, Yellope decided he was just going to trade punches with KGB. Over the long haul, you will lose if you want to do that with the Russian, but in this round it caught KGB by surprise and Yellope out worked him and took the advantage in this round. Halfway through the fight I have KGB ahead, 4 rounds to 2!

It worked in the last round so Yellope tries to go toe to toe with KGB again this round. This time, however, it is the big slugger who gets a pretty sizable advantage in the exchange, and KGB takes this round.

The action slowed down a bit here in the 8th round, but it is still the big Russian, KGB, who takes this round. He is wearing out Yellope now.

KGB has totally taken over this fight here in the 9th round. We are at the point, with just 3 rounds left, where Yellope might need a knockout to win, and that is against a man who has not even touched the canvas yet.

In round 10, it is still all KGB. He opened up a cut over the right eye of Yellope early on, and then really went after him. He won the round big time, but Yellope snuch in a nice punch that cut KGB on his right cheek bone.

KGB continues to have his way with Yellope in the 11th round. This is becoming a very lopsides fight as we head to the 12th and final round.

KGB can just take this to the cards with confidence, but he wants to finish in style. He crushes Yellope with a series of punches to the head, then drops down to the ribs with one shot that sends Yellope down for an 8 count. He probably would be better off staying down. He does get up though and finishes this fight.

Robert Grasso scores the bout 117-109.

Marshall Walker scores it 118-108.

Gary Merritt scores it 119-107 for the winner by unanimous decision, ALEXANDER ‘KGB’ YAKUSHEV!!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #267
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Early announced fights and fighters for the next card:

Paris takes on KGB for the FOFC Title.

Stan Gunner (1-0)
Tony Williams (2-3-1)
Mike Tokunaga (1-2)

Old 04-02-2004, 01:52 PM   #268
Kevin
High School JV

Spahkoynoy nochee Teddy Bear!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #269
lytic
College Benchwarmer

{Steps out of character} I finally beat RavenHawk at SOMETHING! {/Steps out of Character}

I told you Cobra, you don't want none. I said it was going to be quick and painful, now I own you. Out of respect I will give you a rematch, when you heal up.

I was hopin' KGB lost... I wanted my rematch with him.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #270
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'm calling out the other blade's Colton Mayes, while "Cobra" heals.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-02-2004, 02:27 PM   #271
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hey, Gunner, I'm looking at you right now. You've been away from the ring for a couple of cards, perhaps thinking over how to be a better boxer? Well, show me what you got! I trust you won't hug me or hike your shorts up to your armpits either. So, what do you say? Will you take me on??
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #272
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I got first dibs on Mayes. He beat Babson's brother in golf so it's payback time in the ring. Sissy golf punk.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #273
RainRaven
High School JV

"They call him the "King"... of what may I ask exactly? He must be the King of France since once I got a soild punch on him he cowered like a little girl and wanted me to stop the punishment. Norton got lucky in the first two rounds before I made him bleed all over the place. I look forward to facing my next victim."- Brandon "Cobra" Valike
Old 04-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #274
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
Fighters who have yet to be knocked down (minimum, 2 fights):

Gertbeef Roe, 3 fights
KGB, 3 fights

Gert is a rock, plain and simple...both physically and mentally.

Waiting for his shot at a #1 contenders match or a chance to knock KGB off that no knockdown list.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #275
kingfc22
Head Coach

Naumoff - You should just go and retire. You let Mr. Knockdown himself get a TKO against you. I'm going to take a couple of cards off to enjoy my first victory because I don't know when I will get another one.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #276
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would've loved to have been at that fight. Each fighter taking turns knocking the other down until a brutal, blood-filled finish.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:12 PM   #277
JeffNights
College Prospect

"Gertbeef! The Jellybean is gonna be your biggest "adversary"! Step into the ring and try and shake with the BEAN"

Jeff "JELLYBEAN" Nights
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #278
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytic
I'm calling out the other blade's Colton Mayes, while "Cobra" heals.

Im game! Book it, as my confidence is ow after these last few fights. Hopefully i dont blow another one im dominating
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #279
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Chris Homan wants back. He had his first fight in hand but just didn't have a little luck on his side. His 0-1 record shows nothing.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:52 PM   #280
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch. KGB put me down, but not out. You think you can do any better Scoobz? Let's Throw Down.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:37 PM   #281
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
"Gertbeef! The Jellybean is gonna be your biggest "adversary"! Step into the ring and try and shake with the BEAN"

Jeff "JELLYBEAN" Nights

I have my qualms about stepping into the ring with a man named Jellybean, but 4-0 sounds better than 3-0 to me, so I'm game. Maybe another win is what it takes to make the world know that The Adversary is the man who deserves a shot at the title.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:00 PM   #282
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Fight Date: 2/3/2005

Opening Bout: Mike Tokunaga vs. Tony Williams

Preliminary Bout #1avid Yellope vs. Chris Homan

Preliminary Bout #2:Colton Mayes vs. Lytic Virus

Support Bout: Stan Gunner vs. Mr Miller

Co-Feature: Gertbeef Roe vs. Jeff Nights

Main Event: Johnny Lee Paris vs. Alexander Yakushev for the FOFC Title

Old 04-02-2004, 11:11 PM   #283
BYU 14
Coordinator

Throw me in

First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Lee
Nickname: The English Assasin
Left or Right Handed: Left Handed
Hometown: Chilton, England

Use 33 points among these three categories:

Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers (max 15): 11
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers (max 15): 10
Power: Duh...Power! (max 13): 12

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown: 2
Chin vs. Knockout:2
Recovery: 2

Choose 1 which you want to be better at:

Absorb Punishment

Use 24 points among (max 10 in each category):

Killer Instinct: 7
Aggresiveness: 7
Endurance: 10

Choose if you are better at fighting inside or fighting outside
Inside

Choose style:
Slugger

Choose foul frequency:
Occasionally
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:16 PM   #284
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Mike ‘Blade’ Tokunaga (1-2) vs. Tony ‘Wildfire’ Williams (2-3-1)

Tokunaga looks to be in perfect shape for this fight. Williams looks distracted and rumors are, Williams is not happy with management and their booking of him in an opening bout on a title card.

We all know Williams’ style of fighting by now. In round 1, his jhab was just not connecting much, but he was able to land 2 solid uppercuts to win the round. Williams is in constant motion and Tokunaga proved it is tough to hit a moving target.

Jabs to the face and hooks to the ribs and body are Williams’ bread and butter, and he sure ate well in round 2, at the expense of Tokunaga. Blade needs to figure out how to land some shots to slow Williams down.

Williams is limiting Tokunaga is about 1 clean crisp punch landing per round. That is not going to get it done when Williams is constantly popping you in the face with his jab. Another round to Williams.

I know quite a few people who have actually fallen asleep during a Williams fight, but I’ll tell you one thing. They just gets it done. Four rounds in the books and every one of them has been a lopsided affair. Williams is not necessarily hurting his opponent, but he is frustrating the hell out of Tokunaga, not to mention tiring him out, slowly but surely.

By now it is clear that Tokunaga is not in the class of Williams. They are both boxers and both have a unique style, but Williams just has more talent, and much more big fight experience under his belt. Needless to say, 5 rounds to Williams, none to Tokunaga so far.

Round 6 is more Williams, although Tokunaga had a bit more success than usual, landing a few nice power punches along with a combination. He actually made this round pretty tight.

Every time Tokunaga tries to take the fight inside, Williams wraps him up. Tokunaga is disgusted and take a cheap shot to the back of the head of Williams on his umpteenth clinch of the fight. Tokunaga gets a stern warning from the ref, but he doesn’t seem to care.

Round 8 and this fight, thankfully come to and end. It was boring, but yet total domination. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the judges cards read 80-72.…

Michael Pernick scores the fight 79-73.

Bob Flamme scores it 77-75.

Rocky Young scores it 80-72 for your winner, by unanimous decision, TONY ‘WILDFIRE’ WILLIAMS!

Old 04-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #285
juiceparis
n00b

kgb is going down in the 7th tonight. He dosent have the power, skill or experience to compete with Juice!
juiceparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #286
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Naumoff - You should just go and retire. You let Mr. Knockdown himself get a TKO against you. I'm going to take a couple of cards off to enjoy my first victory because I don't know when I will get another one.

Come on man, you got to give me a rematch, if I lose, ill consider retiring....I cant be bad enough to lose to you twice in a row....can I
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:39 AM   #287
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, scheduled for 8 round.

David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope (4-2) vs. Chris ‘The Tenacious Tenderfoot’ Homan (0-1)

I am not sure how Homan got such a prestigious fight so quickly, but here we are anyways. Both fighters are in tip top shape and we are ready to go!

For the first two minutes of this fight, Yellope is giving the youngster, Homan, a little lesson in the ring, but eventually Homan finds his confidence and matches the veteran Yellope punch for punch. Give Yellope the round, but Homan looks fine out there so far.

Homan carried the momentum over from the end of round 1, into round 2, and was throwing 1-2 combinations into the face of Yellope. David’s legs looked like they were about to give and he stumbled to the ropes for support. Homan chased him down and went to work on the body. When Yellope’s hands came down to cover his ribs, Homan went to the head. Yellope has a dazed look on his face and his arms are at his sides. As Homan is about to unleash a finishing shot, the ref grabs his arms and halts this fight. He probably saved Yellope from some serious damage!

The winner, by TKO, at the 1:54 mark of Round 2 is CHRIS ‘THE TEACIOUS TENDERFOOT’ HOMAN!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #288
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Whafuck?
Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #289
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Colton ‘The Blade Bomber’ Mayes (2-2-1) vs. Lytic ‘Ravenhawk Killa’ Virus (1-1)

Both fighters are in perfect shape and we are ready to go…

The opening bell sounds and Virus rushes into Mayes head first. He lands a right and then a head butt. The ref immediately halts things and give a good tongue lashing to Virus in a neutral corner. If he does it again, he is DQ’d. That was about all of the excitement in round 1 though. Give the round to Virus.

In round 2, it is still all Virus. He lands some good shots, then backs away. At one time, he was leaning way back on the ropes and waving Mayes over, telling him to come get some. Mayes did, and got some. The two fighters butted heads again, and Mayes took the worst of it, but it was purely accidental.

In round 3, the dirty tactics continue. I don’t know why, since Virus is having great success fighting cleanly, but he mixes in a low blow and has a point taken away from him. Virus goes right back to work and is all over Mayes. The ref is getting awfully angry as he catches Virus rabbit punching and gives him a warning for that. Why is Virus resorting to these tactics?

In between rounds, Mayes corner is totally in the face of Mayes. Spittle is flying into the face of Mayes and his trainer gives him a slap in the face and tells him to get out there and kick some ass. Sadly, even that cannot fire up Mayes. Virus is just having his way with him and he even cuts Mayes open under his left eye in this round. We have halfway through the fight and we have yet to see any offense, or defense for that matter, from Mayes.

In round 5, it looks like Virus has had enough of this fight and he burries Mayes in a barrage of punches that send him down for an 8 count. Mayes gets to his feet and Virus shakes his finger at him, telling Mayes that is a bad idea. Mayes does last the round, but one eye is bleeding and the other is swollen up, not to mention he is way behind on the cards.

We are now through six rounds, and Mayes is taking the worst beating of his life. His corner should just throw in the towel at this point. He has not even attempted to mount an offensive attack in this fight.

It got just plain old ugly in round 7. Virus is just measuring up Mayes and then unleashing devastating power punches. Finally Mayes goes down, and he is not getting up.

The winner, by Knockout, at the 2:42 mark of Round 7 is LYTIC ‘RAVENHAWK KILLA’ VIRUS!!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #290
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Come on man, you got to give me a rematch, if I lose, ill consider retiring....I cant be bad enough to lose to you twice in a row....can I

I do owe you a rematch, but I'm scared that you'll just kick my ass and expose me as the WORST FOFC boxer.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #291
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ah.. the Vaunted Oliver McCall school of Defense..
Old 04-03-2004, 01:13 AM   #292
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Stan ‘Stunner’ Gunner (1-0) vs. Mr ‘M-Squared’ Miller (1-2)

Both fighters have trained hard and look to be in great shape.

Some great action in round 1. Gunner got off to a great start with some very hard jabs and some stinging uppercuts to the chin of Miller. Miller responded later in the round with a series of solid combinations that should have given him the nod in the first round.

Both fighters got off some nice shots in this round. Mainly they are throwing power punches at each other, but the difference in this round was the jab. Miller is landing a nice effective jab, but Gunner is landing a hard power jab that is scoring more points.

Miller cut open Gunner on his right cheek bone early in the round, but Gunner didn’t even seem to notice and fought Miller to an even round here in the 3rd.

Miller looked incredible here in round 4. He almost had this one put away at the sound of the bell. Gunner was really reeling from some big shots he is taking to his face, and his legs looked like jelly as he was stumbling around, trying to avoid the leather that Miller was delivering. Halfway home and Miller is gaining a decided advantage right now. That same eye where the cut is on Gunner has started to show some signs of swelling.

I was just about to say that Miller has totally taken control of this fight, when Gunner suddenly came to life with about 1:40 left n the round. From then on, it looked like a completely different person in the ring. Gunner just took the fight to Miller after that, like he didn’t care anymore and he was tired of getting beat up. Gunner comes back and take this round and pulls himself back into the fight!

Gunner’s comeback may have been short lived. Miller came back nicely in round 6 and did just enough work to probably win this round. Both fighters look awfully worn out already.

Gunner is not giving up though. He comes right back in round 7, and has Miller covering up and backpedaling for his life in this round. Gunner’s punches don’t have the pop they did earlier in this fight, but he is landing enough of them to cause some heavy damage!

Gunner comes out in the 8th and final round and puts it all out there. He is swinging hard and often and connects early on the chin of Miller. The punch sends him sprawling across the ring, off the opposite ropes and down to the canvas! He stumbles back up at the count of 8! Gunner moves in for the kill, and I think if it was not the last 30 seconds of the final round of this fight, the ref would have stopped it and given Gunenr the TKO, but instead we have to see what the judges think, in what turned out to be a great, very close fight!

Mickey Vann scores the fight 77-75 for Stan Gunner.

Gus Mercurio scores it 76-76 even.

Carlos Berrocal scores it 77-74 for the winner by majority decision, STAN ‘STUNNER’ GUNNER!!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 01:30 AM   #293
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Gertbeef ‘The Adversary’ Roe (3-0) vs. Jeff ‘Jellybean’ Nights (2-0-1)

Well, we have two fighters who could be in line for a title fight in the near future with a victory today. They both know this and have trained hard, and appear ready to battle.

For the first two minutes of the fight, nothing happened. Then Roe landed the first clean shot of the fight and that carried him on to a nice win in the first round.

From the looks of things, Wildfire Williams is fighting out there tonight. But no, it is Nights and Roe, and they are not throwing any hard punches, just a punch of jabs, and half hearted hooks to the body. Give the round to Roe.

Roe is still controlling this fight in the third round, and for the first time, we really saw him start to land clean Hard shots. Hard being the important word. He is still throwing the jab a lot, but he is throwing some power jabs and some uppercuts too. The hook to the ribs still very effective.

Welcome to the fight Jeff Nights. Nights finally gets something going in the 4th round. In particular, a nice hook to the head of Roe, buckled his knees and knocked him off balance. He stumbled, but was able to stay on his feet. Give the round to Nights, his first of the fight.

In round 5, Nights again is having some success. Midway through the round the two fighters go toe to toe for about 30 seconds in the middle of the ring. Roe takes the brunt of the damage and comes away with a big gash over his left eye. Give another round to Nights. I have Roe ahead 3-2 after 5 rounds.

Nights puts together another very solid round in the 6th, and by my reckoning, he has pulled even with big Gertbeef Roe in this fight!

Roe finally finds some offense again in round 7. He still has not found a way to slow down Nights though and the two fighters duel to a very even round here.

In round 8, they once again were fighting very even, at least until the last 10 seconds. It was then that Roe doubled up on the hook and then unleashed a devastating combination that sent Nights back to his bench at the sound of the bell, hearing bells.

We have two rounds left and this fight is still up for grabs. Nights almost gives this fight away in the 9th round. He is letting Roe work him over good. Roe is landing in bunches and Nights is not doing anything to back away or cover up! A huge round for Roe and if he can take care of business in the 10th and final round, his perfect record will still be intact.

Roe does in fact finish this fight up strong, out scoring Nights 2 to 1 in the final round on my card. I see Roe as the clear winner in this fight. Let’s see if the judges agree.

William James scores the bout 95-95 even.

Arthur Mercante scores it 96-94 for Gertbeef Roe.

Julie Lederman scores it 96-64 for the winner, by majority decision, GERTBEEF ‘THE ADVERSARY’ ROE!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 01:48 AM   #294
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino on the Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada! Tonight we have one of the most hyped cards in recent memory, and it all comes down to 12 rounds of boxing for the FOFC Heavyweight Title of the World!

First, fighting out of the red corner, he is the challenger. He hails from Vladivostock, Russia. He has a perfect professional record of 4 wins without a single loss. One of those wins have come by way of knockout. This man has never even been knocked down in a fight before. He is the challenger, Alexander ‘KGB’ Yakushev!!!!

And now, making his way to the ring with his 14 man entourage, and fighting out of the blue corner. He hails from Oveido, Florida in the United States. He has a professional record of 5 wins without a loss, and 1 draw which he later made up for by knocking that same man out in 9 rounds. He is the undefeated and undisputed FOFC Champion of the World. He is JOHNNY LEE ‘JUICE’ PARIS!!!!!!

KGB has waited his whole life for this fight and appears to be in absolutely perfect shape. Paris, on the other hand, has been enjoying himself while on top of the world. We have seen him looking better for a fight, but the man is still in great shape. There’s the bell for this title fight and we are under way!

KGB landed the first clean punch of the round, the last of the round, and most of them in between. He came out and was not intimidated by the champ one bit. He took the fight right to Paris. But Paris is used to taking his opponent’s best shot and weathered the storm just fine.

Round 2 was pretty even the whole way. Both fighters took some of the other’s best shots and shook them off with ease. I think the challenger looked a bit more effective in this round though.

Paris has his best round of the fight here in the 3rd, but it was just barely enough to take the round from KGB, who is fighting a terrific fight out there tonight.

Paris has another huge round in the 4th. For a minute there I thought Paris was going to send the big Russian on his first trip to the canvas, but KGB stumbled around in a very awkward looking manner and held on to get out of the round. We are 4 rounds in and I see it as 2-2.

KGB responds to that beating in the last round with one of his better rounds of the fight! An early uppercut to the bottom of the nose has Paris watery eyed and covering up- for most of this round while KGB got the damage done.

Round 6 will go down as an all time classic. As the bell rings, Paris is already on his feet and ready to go, he charges in with a wild over hand right that lands clean on the forehead of KGB. It splits him open and blood gushes down his face and into his eye. While KGB is swiping at the blood, Paris comes in for the kill, but KGB expected it and shot a straight right into the side of Paris’s face, cutting his cheek wide open! With blood flowing from both fighter’s faces, they squared off at center ring and traded blows for about 30 seconds. KGB started getting the better of the exchange and Paris backed off. The big Russian followed him into the corner and just unleashed some of the most devastating punches I have ever seen. Paris was slumped in the corner and the ref was stopping the fight, yet the big Russina threw one more good punch in for good measure and sent Paris down after the bell!

The winner, by TKO and NEW FOFC Heavyweight Champion of the World, ALEXANDER ’KGB’ YAKUSHEV!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 01:57 AM   #295
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats Kevi.....uhhhh......KGB, sir.

You know the one fight the world is waiting to see happen is Gertbeef Roe vs. KGB. It cannot be too far off now.

Great run Paris, I am sure at some point yoo will be the 2 time champ.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:24 AM   #296
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just like Mayes to duck me...damn sissy golfer.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #297
JeeberD
General Manager

Gimme some of that Subby action!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:57 AM   #298
juiceparis
n00b

Congratulations KGB. Enjoy it while you can because I'll be reclaiming MY belt soon. I blame my loss on the time i took out of training camp to record my rap album. I will dismiss my posse and return to dedicated training
juiceparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:10 AM   #299
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I almost beat KGB too!!!

Mayes was no match for me... my only loss was the current Champ... It's almost time
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #300
JeffNights
College Prospect

Post fight fracus:

"Robbed! what fight were those judges watching? The JellyBean was dominant! Were the Judges from the Iraqi Ministry of Information or something?

Jeff "JellyBean" Nights
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote