Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #251
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The strange thing is, I think he has a very good voiceand thought he should have stayed last week. But last night was really, really bad.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #252
Ksyrup

So frickin' CLOSE! Next week, bitch is OUT!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #253
FBPro
College Starter

Ugh, bad call, bad call........
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025

Last edited by FBPro : 03-16-2005 at 08:35 PM.
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #254
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who got booted?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:50 PM   #255
FBPro
College Starter

Lindsay, Mikalah was next to last but shouldn't even be in the top 12(IMO).
Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #256
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

You know that Mikalah chick wouldn't be so bad if she didn't talk and didn't sing. She's kinda cute, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Last edited by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn : 03-16-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #257
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
You know that Mikalah chick wouldn't be so bad if she didn't talk and didn't sing. She's kinda cute, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
I concur, if she didn't say anything or have to open her mouth I'd probably be a fan.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #258
Ksyrup

OK, OK, I give in:

Meet Mikalah Gordon, YOU'RE American Stick Figure!

I guess I could live with that.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #259
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
I concur, if she didn't say anything or have to open her mouth I'd probably be a fan.

Well, she can open her mouth sometimes... wait, is 17 legal in Vegas... wait, its legal here, who cares.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #260
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

I haven't seen this mentioned so I dont know if its a new episode or not, but I'm watching Elimidate right now and Constantine is one of the competitors. It just started, but I will update you all at the end of the show.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 AM   #261
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

My first dola...

Perhaps in a prelude of things to come, our boy Constantine was the victor and bagged himself a moderately attractive female by the name of Tina. According to the almighty info button, the show was from 2001. He took a lot of flack for the way he dressed, wearing leather pants. A few gay jokes were thrown in his direction, but in actuality all the other guys were pretty much douchebags. His competition in the finals took off his shirt and dropped trou on the dance floor, which pretty much sealed his fate. Only busted out the singing briefly, but said his goal was to become a rockstar. If they could only see him now-and they can, as long as they have a TV.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:24 AM   #262
Ksyrup

BTW, that ensemble song they did was not only an awful song, but the performances were across-the-board pathetic. Nearly everyone was out of tune. At one point, my wife looked over at me and asked whether the band was playing in a different key. Man, that was just painful...well, more painful than those things usually are.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:33 AM   #263
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
My first dola...

Perhaps in a prelude of things to come, our boy Constantine was the victor and bagged himself a moderately attractive female by the name of Tina. According to the almighty info button, the show was from 2001. He took a lot of flack for the way he dressed, wearing leather pants. A few gay jokes were thrown in his direction, but in actuality all the other guys were pretty much douchebags. His competition in the finals took off his shirt and dropped trou on the dance floor, which pretty much sealed his fate. Only busted out the singing briefly, but said his goal was to become a rockstar. If they could only see him now-and they can, as long as they have a TV.

Dude. I hadn't watch an Elimindate in two years, but I remember that episode.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #264
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
BTW, that ensemble song they did was not only an awful song, but the performances were across-the-board pathetic. Nearly everyone was out of tune. At one point, my wife looked over at me and asked whether the band was playing in a different key. Man, that was just painful...well, more painful than those things usually are.

I always hate the group numbers. This one was as even worse than expected.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #265
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:

Now on that, I sincerely, respectfully, and wholeheartedly AGREE.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 AM   #266
Ksyrup

Some things are universal.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #267
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

So, I remember that they played up this "Constantine's band is gonna be upset because he is selling out by going for American idol" line. But, doesn't going on elimidate make you a 15 minutes of fame hungry sellout already?

and his singing kind of sucks. I'll take Pol Pot singing "Whipping Post" over Constantine every time.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:39 AM   #268
Ksyrup

IIRC, he was in a Broadway (off-Broadway?) production of Rent. So all of that was false drama BS, for the most part.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #269
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

To those who criticized me:

I'm not a music buff, by any means. My playlist in WinAmp consists of mostly late-80's/early 90's pop songs, with a few recent pop songs thrown in. I like listening to catchy music, because I do.

So what if I don't know/like '60's music.

I said that ___I___ though thte producers chose a bad category, and that since ___I___ didn't know any of the songs they sang, it wasn't very entertaining for ___me___. Is that such a crime?

~rpi-fan
Old 03-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #270
Ksyrup

I don't think it was criticism as much as disbelief. But from where you're sitting, I guess I could understand it if you didn't notice the difference.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #271
KevinNU7
College Starter

I just find it hard to believe that someone doesn't know atleast half the songs from Tuesday night. I don't think you are a horrible person or anything, just odd
Old 03-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #272
Joe
Pro Starter

hmm Constantine really reminds me of Scott Stapp. Maybe that's why he sucks so much?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #273
TLK
Pro Starter

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150702,00.html

Quote:
Ex-'Idol' Hires Clay's Lawyer
Thursday, March 17, 2005
By Roger Friedman

"Personal reasons" be damned. The secret is out (and so is the album).

Mario Vazquez, the guy who suddenly quit "American Idol" last week, has been "Clayed," or should I say, "Aiwakened?"

He's hired former "Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken's high-powered record-industry lawyer. And he may have jeopardized his "amateur" status by being featured on an album that's already been released.

Vazquez, I've learned, has gotten Atlanta entertainment lawyer Jess L. Rosen to represent him. Coincidentally — or not, depending on how you look at it — Rosen is most famous for extricating Aiken from his octopus-tentacled "American Idol" management contract with Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment last year.

Unbeknownst to anyone, Mario is featured on an album that was originally released last May and had a re-release this week, according to Amazon.com. He sings several pop songs as the only guest vocalist on "Worlds of Change," by an Argentine flamenco and R&B guitarist named Cesar.

The whole thing, which sounds like Santana with a younger, more sanctimonious Michael Jackson, can be heard on this Web site. My guess is some enterprising record exec will pick up the whole thing from Los Angeles-based Darque Records and release it under Mario's name.

Someone else will have to decide if that CD violated the "American Idol" rules. The show's Web site states: "In order to be eligible, the contestants are not permitted to have any CURRENT recording or talent-management agreements."

In leaving the show, Vasquez was obviously convinced of the value of bowing out now rather than continuing through the needless process of competition. Aiken would be his role model.

After losing "American Idol" to Ruben Studdard, Aiken realized that he was stuck with a management contract that kept him with Fuller, the show's owner, for years to come at a very high commission.

Rosen got him out of it and moved him over to Jeff Kwatinetz's behemoth agency, The Firm.

The result is that there is now nary a mention of the lovable, Barry Manilow-like Aiken on the "American Idol" Web site, except for unflattering pictures of him in his pre-makeover nerd days. Ouch!

So I guess it's fairly clear that Mario's "personal reasons" were specifically about the money he could make if he bolted the show before being indebted to them legally and financially for a couple of years.

Rosen, who did not return calls, prides himself on negotiating contracts for artists, according to his Web site.

As for Mario, he's also now using Susan Blond for public-relations help. She's the famous PR lady who once made Michael Jackson's "Thriller" a hit.

Next will come rumors that Mario's been signed for management by Tommy Mottola and for recording by Sean Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment at Warner Bros.

No one confirms or denies this, but either way, Rosen will be racking up the billable hours keeping Vazquez out of court once Fuller realizes what's happened.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #274
Joe
Pro Starter

so he had a contract with them? or not? I'm confused now.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #275
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Called this earlier. As an aside, what's Fuller's grounds for a suit? Vazquez never signed the "final 12" contract (atleast Clay did that).
Old 03-22-2005, 02:09 AM   #276
TLK
Pro Starter

Minor-spoiler listed below (song selections for tonight)....

Quote:
Carrie - "Alone" by Heart
Anwar - Unknown Chaka Kahn song
Constantine - "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family
Nadia - "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper
Mikalah - "Love Will Lead You Back" by Taylor Dayne
Jessica - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
Nikko - "Incomplete" by Sisqo (The 12th number one hit of 2000)
Anthony - "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" by ???
Bo - "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce
Vonzell - "Best of My Love" by the Emotions
Scott - "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins

"Against All Odds" is one of my favorite songs, and Carrie performing some Heart, is nice. Looks like a good show. I was under the impression that these were live, but this was taped tonight.... go figure.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:14 AM   #277
Ksyrup

Carrie performing some 70's Heart, or even something off of their latest album, would have been cool. From the 80's? Meh.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #278
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Anthony - "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" by ???
Is that the famous George Michael - Aretha Franlkin 80s duet?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #279
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

??? What is the theme? Crappy Songs you might hear at a wedding?

I think Anwar REALLY needs to start singing songs that most of the general population knows.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #280
KWhit
Coordinator

Looking forward to hearing:

Old 03-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #281
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I was under the impression that these were live, but this was taped tonight

I believe the show that's on tonight is live (with a couple of minutes delay in case Simon swears, or Scott Saval drops his pants to get his big fat hairy ass on live tv), but that they also tape a full rehersal the night before. The previous nights rehersal is used for all the clips they use during the live show, like at the end where they show a little bit of somebody singing and say "if you liked this loser, vote 2 now".

But I could be wrong.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 AM   #282
Joe
Pro Starter

they are live taped. they do the tapings on mondays, when there are too many performances to fit into the 1 hour format for editing and such. when it gets down to fewer people, then they go live on tuesdays.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #283
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Called this earlier. As an aside, what's Fuller's grounds for a suit? Vazquez never signed the "final 12" contract (atleast Clay did that).

Apparently, everyone in the final 24 signed a contract that they can't perform elsewhere or do anything until 90 days after the American Idol finale in may. So that's what he is trying to get out of.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #284
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Looking forward to hearing:

Yup. Those sound pretty close to make-or-break.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #285
KWhit
Coordinator

Nikko sucks. That was not good, no matter what they say.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #286
KWhit
Coordinator

Carrie was outstanding though. I thought her "performance" was pretty bland, but damn she sounded amazing! I would buy that single (download) just as it was performed tonight. Better than Heart's original, IMO.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #287
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Nikko sucks. That was not good, no matter what they say.

I thought he was fine. Then again, his song is the only one that I'm not familiar with tonight...
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #288
Joe
Pro Starter

I thought Bo sucked.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #289
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I thought Nikko was better tonight than at any other point thus far.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #290
KWhit
Coordinator

I just don't care for Nikko's schtick. I have the same opinion of his performances that Simon did with Federov's - That it was like watching Randy in Baywatch.

Nikko came across like a smarmy pimp. No. He came across as a nerd trying to play a tough, sexy, pimp, who happens to be smarmy.

I agreed with Simon's assessment of Federov too. He looked seriously out of place trying to woo the ladies.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #291
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I think Constantine needs to go.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #292
KWhit
Coordinator

Constantine can sure sell a song. I don't care for his voice, but he can perform.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 PM   #293
Joe
Pro Starter

hmm.. nice mohawk on Nadia... wtf
Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #294
Ksyrup

Federov is ass. Honestly, I'd rather listen to Clay.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #295
KWhit
Coordinator

Well, Nadia was terrible tonight, but I still think she's the bomb.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #296
Ksyrup

Someone kidnapped Nadia and replaced her with someone trying to lose the competition for her.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #297
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Someone kidnapped Nadia and replaced her with someone trying to lose the competition for her.

Yeah, totally. That was so strange given her previous performances.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nadia was very disappointing. So far, I would say Constantine should go. Carrie sounded amazing tonight. She vaulted back to my favorite singer in this competition. She looked good too.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #299
KWhit
Coordinator

Please go away Mikalah.

Please.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #300
Joe
Pro Starter

sweet, looks like mikalah will be gone this week.