Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2005, 07:27 AM   #251
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

I have been pretty obsessed with my FM2006 career but now that hockey season is rolling along I have been feeling pushed to start up a new game with the latest patch.

Before I do can someone give me a feel of the game & the AI with the new patch?

My concerns are that I played just after the NA release and I noticed players like Owen Nolan & Doug Weight getting released. Also there were questionable contract
offers made by the AI while other high caliber players went unsigned. It just did not feel like hockey to me...Could be because I have been spoiled by FM2006 but I am probably an NHL fan before all other major sports and I just could not get into this version.

Also, I saw a post over at SI that mentioned PIM's are way out of wack in the minors, anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #252
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip
I have been pretty obsessed with my FM2006 career but now that hockey season is rolling along I have been feeling pushed to start up a new game with the latest patch.

My concerns are that I played just after the NA release and I noticed players like Owen Nolan & Doug Weight getting released. Also there were questionable contract
offers made by the AI while other high caliber players went unsigned. It just did not feel like hockey to me...Could be because I have been spoiled by FM2006 but I am probably an NHL fan before all other major sports and I just could not get into this version.

Also, I saw a post over at SI that mentioned PIM's are way out of wack in the minors, anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

The release of certain players in one of the latest versions was due to the new salary cap and some teams being over the cap with the starting rosters. So releasing older players (especially ones currently injured, like Nolan) was the "least dumbest" thing for the AI to do after being cornered. After the latest roster update that we did last month, the starting rosters are in quite good order as teams in real life had managed to sneak back under the cap so the AI does not need to make big decisions against the cap right off the bat.

The minor league PIM issue has been looked at and we are working towards a small patch that will tone them down as well as tuning and fixing some issues that were still reported on our forums.

I'll leave the "feel of the game" etc to be commented on someone who is not biased
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #253
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well, right now EHM is getting the most playing time from me... knocking TPB 2005 down to #2.

It's probably the deepest sports sim I've ever played and although I'm still learning as I go, the best part of the game has to be the massive amount of players available to scout. I'm the Blues, in dead last place and I have so many directions I can go with this team AND try to keep my job. Owen Nolan is in FA, because he's out for quite some time with an injury, but after the initial "getting rid of older high priced players" is over with for the CPU teams, the game is quite competitive with the CPU AI teams.

I can't comment on the offseason stuff yet as I haven't made it though a season yet, but a few here can comment on that stuff.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #254
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip

Thanks

Some guys don't get signed during the summer because their demands are out of control. I am using Carolina and Erik Cole wanted a 3 year deal worth aprox 7 mil. For a guy who scored 39 points the year before, I said no way. He stayed to those demands and went unsigned. I finally offered him a 3 year deal worth 3.5 million and he accepeted. Forsberg held out too because he was sticking to his guns on making the league max. Columbus finally ponied up a 1 year deal worth 7 mil.

As far as the Minors go, I haven't noticed anything too out of whack. My only complaint is College scoring is too low, as you never see any college guy have 60-70 points, but since it's not a playable league it's not that big of a deal.

The AI though is good. The waivers are sometimes funny but I've never seen a big name go on there who didn't deserve it, much like IRL. (Eg: Curtis Joseph when on Detroit).

EHM is the best game I've played in a long time and is incredibly addictive.

I've never played FM but I am a hockey man at heart.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:36 PM   #255
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hey, the Blues just put LaLime on waivers, IRL.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-13-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #256
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm the Blues, in dead last place.

NO!

I'm shocked, I say. Shocked.

As for the game, it's one of the best I've played. Ever. I have been playing it almost consistently for the last year or so now. That said, I have yet to update the game with the NA patch. I just have too much vested in my Caps career. I am not yet ready to give it up...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #257
condors
College Starter

I am in season 3 with the latest patch and while i really enjoy fm2006 i spend more time playing ehm2005. With the salary cap it really adds so much to the offseason as good players can be had but at what price. I loaded up on salary in season 2 going over what management wanted won the cup and couldn't resign any of my players in the offseason. I now have to figure out what a 60 point player is worth and if that 1st round pick is worth resigning at 2+ million a year from 450k (which means exposing a veteran player to waviers to get back under the cap).

One thing i would like to say for next seasons version revamp the practice screen or allow some kind of default setup that works as i spend way too much "brainless" time adjusting it all the time. I have 3 schedules that i rotate to get the most out of guys and it really get tideous switching everyone from one schedule to the next. Like say work on shooting for 2 weeks then say work on conditioning for 2 weeks then work on skating for 2 weeks etc. There is too big a gain from rotating guys to not do it from what i have seen.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #258
bhlloy
Coordinator

This is an awesome game.

One minor gripe... I am in season 2 and some computer AI moves (seems to be especially the Devils because of their salary problems) just do not stack up. They have put their two top defensemen, their backup goalie and Scott Gomez (who I picked up and is tearing it up for me ) on waivers and lost them all. That's fine. If they are over the cap I can live with that.

But then they go and sign Jamie Langenbrunner for 1.3m a year, and a load more decent/fringe NHL players for around 500k a year. Which added up means they could at least have afforded to keep Gomez and possibly one of the D-men, and they would have been an infinitely better team. They are waiving people who aren't that much better than the guys they are signing to fit the new guys in the team.

This, and the old "trade a third round pick for a guy in the offseason (usually a crappy enforcer) and then waive him when the season starts and watch him spend the whole season in the AHL or get picked up by another team, who will then waive him again" are the only AI issues I really have seen.

Amazing game though. I can't put it down. I love the draft, the scouting is by far the best implementation I have ever seen and developing players is a lot of fun and seems very solid. I can't wait to see what EHM 2007 looks like after another year of development. I'd love to see as much player/fan/media interaction as Riz can possibly code, and more detail in the junior and college leagues.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #259
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I keep wanting to go back to EHM 2005 because I was enjoying it so much (I would start a new career with the latest patch, though). I want to try to get the Devils a Stanley Cup. I can't put Worldwide Soccer Manager down. SI, you guys are all awesome, and I hope you continue to put out games like these for a long time to come.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #260
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm 13 games under .500, have the worst record in the league, and basically feel like a let down to the team.

The board tells the press they are still happy with my performance so far. I love those owners. I just hope they really mean it, as it's going to take a few years to rebuild this team.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #261
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Well, I'm 13 games under .500, have the worst record in the league, and basically feel like a let down to the team.

The board tells the press they are still happy with my performance so far. I love those owners. I just hope they really mean it, as it's going to take a few years to rebuild this team.

quit playing my career! hehe.

despite the posts from a few nights ago, i found myself going back to the game and trying to learn rather than trying to win at all costs.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #262
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
quit playing my career! hehe.

despite the posts from a few nights ago, i found myself going back to the game and trying to learn rather than trying to win at all costs.

Yep, me too. Little things have effects on your team, and I like that.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #263
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

do your own tactrics and do your own practice. it makes a difference

if you let coach handle practice, they will not do a proper job on it.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #264
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
do your own tactrics and do your own practice. it makes a difference

if you let coach handle practice, they will not do a proper job on it.

Well, it's my first year and I haven't messed with practice, but I do dabble in tactics if only to make a line change or goalie change. Other than that, I feel it's my coach's responsibility. If he can't handle it, I'll get some one who can.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:33 AM   #265
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Unfake for the newest patch AND Smetana roster update can be found HERE.

Note: there were some complaints on the Champman boards that the was some crashing with all leagues selected in December of 2005...so be careful!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #266
riz
SI Games

Another victory for textsims

NHL EHM 2005 has been reviewed in the latest issue (February) of PC Gamer over on that side of the pond. I knew around Christmas that the review was going to be there and also learned that it scored a nice 90%, but according to the first reports coming in from people who have the mag, the review sounds absolutely fantastic

As posted on the OOTP forums:
Quote:
I cracked open the February 2006 edition of PC Gamer and reviewer Joe Mitch had this as his opening comment on the game......

"I'm just going to come right out and say it: this is the best sports simulation I've ever played. Over the past couple of months I've devoted more than 200 hours to it, and I've got plenty more to go."

The game received an overall score of 90% and was rated an Editor's Choice.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:33 AM   #267
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
NHL EHM 2005 has been reviewed in the latest issue (February) of PC Gamer over on that side of the pond. I knew around Christmas that the review was going to be there and also learned that it scored a nice 90%, but according to the first reports coming in from people who have the mag, the review sounds absolutely fantastic

As posted on the OOTP forums:

That's great news Riz!

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #268
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Very good news and justly deserved. Joe Mitch is a wise man.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #269
riz
SI Games

Oh and btw, 2.1.3 patch is now out
Old 01-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #270
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Oh and btw, 2.1.3 patch is now out

Sweet!!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #271
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

is this gonna break the unfake patch again?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #272
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
is this gonna break the unfake patch again?

No data changes in the latest patch at all. So it won't affect your edited/unedited/customized databases
Old 01-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #273
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

riz, I got a little question. Last time I fired up EHM was when the big data update came out. I took control of the Brandon Wheat Kings, since I ran them the last time I played a long career. I glanced over the ratings of the returning players and they looked pretty much exactly the way they did in the 2004-05 season.

Am I imagining things or is it possible that the data didn't get updated thoroughly for this particular team/league (if at all)? How does the data get updated? Maybe some tweaking by hand or maybe you let the sim engine roll for a year (or a combo of both)?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #274
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Riz,

Another question for you.

I have the original EHM 2005 DVD (European release). After installing the game what patches do I need to download and install to make the game as current as possible?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #275
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Am I imagining things or is it possible that the data didn't get updated thoroughly for this particular team/league (if at all)? How does the data get updated? Maybe some tweaking by hand or maybe you let the sim engine roll for a year (or a combo of both)?

You're imagining things. I've gone over each of the WHL rosters twice since the end of the last season, once prior to the North American update and once before the last big data patch. All of them got many changes, particularly the second time around as I rearranged things in response to how well guys were playing this year. The Wheaties were probably at the lower end of the scale for receiving changes, though, since I had seen a lot of them late last season when they went to the WHL final and was pretty happy with what was in place.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #276
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR
You're imagining things. I've gone over each of the WHL rosters twice since the end of the last season, once prior to the North American update and once before the last big data patch. All of them got many changes, particularly the second time around as I rearranged things in response to how well guys were playing this year. The Wheaties were probably at the lower end of the scale for receiving changes, though, since I had seen a lot of them late last season when they went to the WHL final and was pretty happy with what was in place.

Can't argue with that. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #277
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Riz,

I have the original EHM 2005 DVD (European release). After installing the game what patches do I need to download and install to make the game as current as possible?

Thanks.

Pretty sure just need the newest patch, that should have everything.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #278
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Is the unfake patch safe? I was just thinking about starting a new game, and I really want to do it now that a new patch is out. I just wonder if the unfake patch is still crashing people's games before I apply it.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #279
st.cronin
General Manager

What's the fix list for the new patch?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #280
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
What's the fix list for the new patch?
Changes since v2.1.2
News

Tweaked NHL All-Star Game news items about roster selections
Fixed Memorial Cup host selection news item to appear properly

Screens

Fixed last 10 games display on game preview screen when less than 10 games are played
Fixed the line matching options to display matched lines in the order explained in the manual
Added a new line matching option
Tweaked default sorting rules on draft screens

Trades/Transfers/Contracts

Tweaked salary cap rules and calculations for NHL
Tweaked handling of salary cap restrictions and players on injured reserves when human managing but not coaching
Allowed NHL contracted players already playing in minor leagues to be sent on loan without clearing waivers
Tweaked player evaluations in trades and roster management

Match Engine

Tweaked excessive fighting in lower leagues to more realistic levels
Tweaked the occurance of line brawls
Tweaked home ice advantages and team streakiness

Competitions

Fixed storing of league winners/runner ups for QMJHL
Fixed home advantage for the first two rounds of the Finnish league playoffs
Fixed resetting Memorial Cup history
Fixed AAL3 scheduling error
Added an extra goal to the final boxscore for the team winning in shootout
Added an extra goal scored to the standings for the team winning in shootout
Fixed winning percentage calculation in leagues using games won per games played combined with no ties
Fixed European Hockey Tour points calculation for shootout results (fix takes effect for first new season or a new game)
Fixed overtime win points for Finnish First Division
Fixed CHL-Russia Challenge series to play all stages normally even after first season
Changed CHL-Russia Challenge to select only canadian players for the CHL teams

Awards

Fixed evaluation of players for sportsmanship and humanitarian awards

Other

Fixed random name generation when using no real player names from game startup
Tweaked the generic player hall of hame selection limits
Tweaked board update news to evaluate roster costs better for leagues with a salary cap
Fixed some missing NHL rights via the extra_config.cfg file
Tweaked players to try and keep their jersey number when moving teams
Fixed a possible case where user could run out of disk space when saving without getting an error message
Old 01-19-2006, 03:05 AM   #281
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Is the unfake patch safe? I was just thinking about starting a new game, and I really want to do it now that a new patch is out. I just wonder if the unfake patch is still crashing people's games before I apply it.

Can't remember hearing anyone reporting serious problems after using it. I think the guys were fairly careful this time around about not trying anything too risky with their edits.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:39 AM   #282
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Riz,

Thanks.

Actually, seeing as the 2.1.3 patch only includes game changes and no data at all, then you'll need to update your database with one of the earlier patches first before applying 2.1.3 (or alternatively download some custom data update after installing 2.1.3). Patching first to 2.1.1 should get you the needed official database update for the current season and then applying 2.1.3 will get your game exe up-to-date.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #283
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Actually, seeing as the 2.1.3 patch only includes game changes and no data at all, then you'll need to update your database with one of the earlier patches first before applying 2.1.3 (or alternatively download some custom data update after installing 2.1.3). Patching first to 2.1.1 should get you the needed official database update for the current season and then applying 2.1.3 will get your game exe up-to-date.

Excellent. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #284
Swaggs
Coordinator

If/when you take over an national team, do you get to select the players?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #285
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
If/when you take over an national team, do you get to select the players?

Yes.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #286
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Not a bad spot of press, Rizo. Though it would have been nice to have Canada win the gold...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154868&hubname=nhl

The Olympic hockey tournament ends in heartache for Canada - at least in a computer simulation of the competition.

Sports Interactive, a London-based leader in the field of sports management games, simulated the Olympic men's hockey tournament for The Canadian Press using its NHL 2006 Eastside Hockey Manager PC game.

There was no virtual happy ending. Despite reeling off seven wins in a row, Canada had to settle for silver after losing to Russia in the championship finale.

Team Canada strolled through the opening round of the Turin simulation, going 5-0 in the first round with Flames sniper Jarome Iginla collecting 10 goals along the way.

The round-robin highlights included a 5-2 win over the Czechs, thanks to a hat trick by Iginla and singles by Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier.

Canada also defeated Italy 6-0, Switzerland 5-1, Finland 5-3 and Germany 4-2.

Some of the newcomers helped the Canadian cause. Former taxi squad member Bryan McCabe and late addition Jay Bouwmeester both scored for Canada. Todd Bertuzzi also chipped in with a pair in the opening round.

The Czechs finished runner-up to Canada in Group A, while the Finns edged Germany to place third. Host Italy upset Switzerland 4-3, sending the winless Swiss to the group basement.

The U.S. ruled Group B, matching Canada with a 5-0 record including a 5-2 win over Russia and 2-0 victory over Sweden.

Russia and Slovakia also qualified, despite a less than spectacular showing. Sweden struggled to advance, eventually finishing fourth helped by an 8-0 win over Latvia.

Kazakhstan placed fifth in Group B but managed a tie with Slovakia. The Latvians were simply outmatched, outscored 26-2 in the round.

Sweden's tournament ended in the quarter-finals, blanked 4-0 by a relentless Team Canada. Joe Sakic, Joe Thornton, Lecavalier and St. Louis scored for the Canadians while Martin Brodeur stopped all 18 shots.

The Czechs edged Slovakia 5-4 in a barnburner. The Slovaks led 4-2 after 40 minutes but the Czechs rallied, with Ales Hemsky scoring the winner seven minutes from the end as Slovakia paid for some poor goaltending.

The U.S. had its hands full with Germany before posting a 2-1 comeback win on Keith Tkachuk's second-period power-play goal.

In the fourth quarter-final, a previously lacklustre Russian side blew past injury-ravaged Finland 4-1.

That set up a semifinal rematch between Canada and the Czechs while Russia took on the U.S.

Canada dispatched the Czechs 5-2 in impressive fashion after snapping a 2-2 tie with goals by Shane Doan, Dany Heatley and Simon Gagne. Brodeur finished with an impressive 41 saves.

Russia advanced to the final with a 4-2 victory over the U.S. in a game closer than the score indicated. The Russians finally solved an impressive Robert Esche in goal and the Americans failed to handle the Russian power play.

The Americans finished on the podium, however, downing the Czechs 4-1 despite being dominated for long portions of the bronze-medal game.

The Russians turned it on in the gold-medal game, with Alexander Ovechkin opening the scoring early and Ilya Kovalchuk making it 2-0 35 seconds into the second period.

Iginla reduced the deficit with his 11th goal of the tournament, beating Evgeni Nabokov midway through the second.

But five minutes into the third, Pavel Datsyuk made it 3-1 and Kovalchuk capped a beautiful passing play with a man advantage to increase the lead to 4-1 midway through the period.

Iginla (11 goals, no assists) and Chris Pronger (one goal, 10 assists) led Canada, just ahead of Heatley (two goals, eight assists).

Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive is the creator of the hit Championship Manager soccer series. The English company's current titles include Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 and NHL 2006 Eastside Hockey Manager. A baseball game - Out of the Park Baseball 2006 - is due out in the spring.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #287
Marc Duffy
SI Games

We couldnt cheat, not even for Canada
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #288
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I blame this on the lack of a looney under the face off spot...

FM
Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #289
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I blame Janet.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #290
cmgdodgers
High School JV

Ok, after watching Olympic Hockey the last couple of days I'm ready to fire this up again, after playing very little since I purchased it.

Slight snag though, it is taking forever to download the digital river version of the latest patch.

Does anybody know of a mirror?

For some reason I've had this issue with WSM patches when donwloading directly from the SI site. It is estimating almost 3 hours, and I have DSL.

Any help would be appreciated!
cmgdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #291
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgdodgers
Ok, after watching Olympic Hockey the last couple of days I'm ready to fire this up again, after playing very little since I purchased it.

Slight snag though, it is taking forever to download the digital river version of the latest patch.

Does anybody know of a mirror?

For some reason I've had this issue with WSM patches when donwloading directly from the SI site. It is estimating almost 3 hours, and I have DSL.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, I can't help you find a mirror. I do know your pain though as I have to download the Mac patch and mirrors are few are far between. When the 2nd patch came out, I wasn't able to download it for 2-3 days after it was released.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #292
General Mike
Pro Starter

Anyone know a store in the US that carries the CD version of the game?
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #293
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
Online stores...like amazon
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #294
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I bought mine in a Gamestop but not every store got it.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #295
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

You mean like an actual store with walls and stuff? I've never heard of an American buying the game off-line.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #296
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I can't say I've looked specifically for EHM, but I haven't seen it around anywhere in stores. I would say your best bet would buying the CD version on-line if you can.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #297
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I bought mine in a Gamestop but not every store got it.

Well okay then.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #298
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I was checking out a friend's issue of PC Gamer over the weekend. It was the "Best of 2005" issue. There was a small blurb declaring "EHM 2005" as the best sports text sim of the year.

Well done.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #299
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Online stores...like amazon

1 used & new from $69.95

That ain't gonna happen. None of these online stores have it either.

GoGamer.com has it for $49.90 but that seems awfully high.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #300
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think I found a secret XXX unlock. In my current career I have seen both:

"Woodey Shopped Around"

and

"Unhappy Pecker Put on the Block"