Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #251
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I just want to say...I'm responsible.

I'm responsible for everything: plague, locusts, herpes, and cheating in FOF.

Sorry.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #252
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So you were the one that gave me herpes...

Bastard.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #253
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
who knows, HA did pose as coolroy in an attempt to get back in the league (coolroy did fill in for another owner or two)

and your commish, as well as your league presidents, were well aware of me.

and i was never outed, rather, i came out and revealed who i was when i decided that i didn't want to go back to IHOF afterall. as coolroy i was responsible for designing your IHOF monthly magazine covers and for creating some widely acclaimed images, i contributed more in my short time as coolroy than many in that league. stop making this into into me being evil or deceitful - i told my plan to the commish that once i was in line to get a team i would have revealed myself. i wanted people to treat me differently than they do someone named Hell Atlantic. that was all.

and i was going for that WWF routine that the Sports Guy always goes for, when JR goes "wait...that's Hell Atlantic's music.....oh my God! nooooooo!!!", lol. woulda made for some great entertainment.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #254
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot

Sorry.
Did you steal my bologna sandwich back in 5th grade?!?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #255
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar

For that too, I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry for Caddyshack 2.

I take full responsibility for that one.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #256
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

and i was going for that WWF routine that the Sports Guy always goes for, when JR goes "wait...that's Hell Atlantic's music.....oh my God! nooooooo!!!", lol. woulda made for some great entertainment.

"BAWH GAWD!!! WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?! THERE IS GOING TO BE CARNAGE TONIGHT!!! HE DOES NOT LOOK HAPPY!!!"
Old 10-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #257
Samdari
Roster Filler

I am tempted to hit "Report" not because I think bannings should be rampant, I just want to move the drama along a little bit.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #258
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:

No, I did. You want it back?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #259
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and your commish, as well as your league presidents, were well aware of me.

and i was never outed, rather, i came out and revealed who i was when i decided that i didn't want to go back to IHOF afterall. as coolroy i was responsible for designing your IHOF monthly magazine covers and for creating some widely acclaimed images, i contributed more in my short time as coolroy than many in that league. stop making this into into me being evil or deceitful - i told my plan to the commish that once i was in line to get a team i would have revealed myself. i wanted people to treat me differently than they do someone named Hell Atlantic. that was all.

so you leave IHOF because you "can't be yourself" and then return as another person with a different persona? makes sense to me
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #260
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
So you were the one that gave me herpes...

Bastard.

Sorry, and I'm sorry about that bout with crabs too.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:22 AM   #261
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry, and I'm sorry about that bout with crabs too.

I feel worse for the hookers and midgets that were there that night.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #262
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So hey...anyone wanna join FastFL?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #263
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
regarding my leaving - IHOF is a very nice league, elite, even, but they take it personally when you leave, almost as if you're foolish for wanting to leave *them*. i enjoyed many over there, but it became impossible for me to be myself and to enjoy myself due to my getting too passionate about my team and for getting a little too involved in bashing other people's team. kinda made me not liked by almost half the league. wasn't fun after a while. i left because it wasn't fun for me. that's all. i haven't been in the league since Feb or March of '05, and i hate having to constantly talk about it, by people who are happy i'm no longer in the league or whomever. i'm past IHOF, i wish them the best. i left of my own accord, John. i tried to leave even before that, behind the scenes without much fanfare, but the commish and even a league talked me out of it because they valued my contributions. as much as i chide cthomer from time to time, i like him, and i respected him asking me to come back when i left the first time. when i decided to leave the 2nd time i didn't look back.

i don't think you'll find anyone who'll say that i cheated or bended rules at IHOF. my thing over at IHOF, as many will say, was roleplaying, i treated the players as if they were players and not formula's (which they essentially are). in fact, many will say i was a big supporter of "gentleman's rules", where things regarding fair play and no cheating shouldn't have to be spelled out - they should already be assumed.

the fact that i was so vocal about fair play and wasn't ever called out at IHOF for any rule bending makes me even more furious. of course, since i don't have many friends over at IHOF i don't think they'll rush to my defense, they might get a kick out seeing me angered. but, it is what it is.

I agree with all of this basically. I don't ever recall any accusations of H.A. cheating, I thought he was a valuable member of the league (both for his photoshop/writing work and his "bad guy" element), and did help talk him back into the league when he first considered leaving. I could call him a lot of things, but cheater is not one of them.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #264
Buzzbee
College Starter

Cool!! We don't have to entertain ourselves with drama anymore.

NFL In Pictures Week 5 by Flere is out!!!

WooHooo!!!

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=43557

C'mon everyone. Let's go!!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #265
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that HA’s response was/is a bit over the top. However, a banning or suspension here would not be just. I am fully aware of the history of HA. I think he was provoked and no one, not even Blackadar, has come up with any justification for the provoke. I also remember a recent thread where Blackadar said some pretty offensive comments about someone’s wife but was not punished for it.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 10-13-2005 at 11:27 AM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #266
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I could call him a lot of things, but cheater is not one of them.
I concur. Although I tired of him shooting his mouth off all the time (and that holds here at FOFC as well), and in the end felt the IHOF was a more enjoyable place with him gone, I personally never had a direct problem with him. He was a diehard with his team, and I think cheating was never even a consideration.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #267
WrongWay
Banned

But, are you responsible for Slap Shot 2?
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #268
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Question

Quote:
I'm also sorry for Caddyshack 2.

I take full responsibility for that one.
Did you convince John Travolta that Battlefield Earth was a good idea?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #269
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
so you leave IHOF because you "can't be yourself" and then return as another person with a different persona? makes sense to me

i explained to your commish and league president at the time (albion) that i wanted people to not attack everything i wrote, for them to see i wasn't all about negativity. i decided IHOF needed a break from HA, that not everyone wants to hear how and why their team sucks, and decided that people getting used to me, albeit in another guise, would go far in showing them that i can "play nice with others". at the appropriate time i would have revealed myself, at which time i felt many who considered me a bad element to the league would say "hey, i dealt with him as coolroy, and he was a normal person who i had good relations with, i guess he isn't as bad an influence to the league as i originally pinned him". that was the plan, at least. but there was no cover up, everyone in a position of authority knew who i was, and probably a few others who had their suspicions. no malicious intention to deceive people.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #270
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I concur. Although I tired of him shooting his mouth off all the time (and that holds here at FOFC as well), and in the end felt the IHOF was a more enjoyable place with him gone, I personally never had a direct problem with him. He was a diehard with his team, and I think cheating was never even a consideration.

But you don't like that you haven't been able to beat AST/WIL in the regular season since he left ...

Well, there was that pesky playoff game though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #271
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I agree with all of this basically. I don't ever recall any accusations of H.A. cheating, I thought he was a valuable member of the league (both for his photoshop/writing work and his "bad guy" element), and did help talk him back into the league when he first considered leaving. I could call him a lot of things, but cheater is not one of them.

thank you corey. i will take down my sig. sorry to the person who PM'd me that he found it offensive.

i accept my boxing (if it comes), i'm a big boy. i have my reputation as a trustworthy MP owner to uphold, that's why i was angered.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #272
Alf
Pro Starter

Unhappy

Quote:
YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER. YOUR WIFE IS A DIRTY WHORE.
i will say a prayer tonite to God to bring disease and bad fortune on you and your family. may you all die slow deaths.
OK : great way to get discredit on the church and his believers. Brilliant !

That reaction is primarily why I don't want to get into something organized around religion. I can be good and not be endorsed by a religion while morons with great principples can say things like that.... So fucking stupid.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #273
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didn't get the impression that it was a rookie-contract you posted there. Obviously the guy has cheated beyond belief, my point was that that single contract wasn't obviously ridiculous (to me). There is a ton of bonus money there.

What I pointed out earlier is that I didn't think it was an unfair contract, just a stupid one. I also pointed out earlier that he shelled out over 120 million dollars in bonus money to 9 players alone. Cheating? No. Stupid? In my opionion, yes.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #274
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
I am pretty sure that was his God, L. Ron Hubbard.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #275
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
thank you corey. i will take down my sig. sorry to the person who PM'd me that he found it offensive.

i accept my boxing (if it comes), i'm a big boy. i have my reputation as a trustworthy MP owner to uphold, that's why i was angered.

Too bad, I was in NYC just last week.

Aw, shucks.

Yes, you have a reputation to uphold. You've managed to reinforce it quite well here.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #276
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
But, are you responsible for Slap Shot 2?

Yes, and for Freddie Got Fingered, it seemed like such a good idea, oh, and for both Charlie's Angels movies.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #277
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

For that, Stay Cool, and Look Who's Talking Too...
Old 10-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #278
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:

Sorry.

You couldn't have been responsible for Mary-Kate and Ashley, could you? Not even you would do that to us, would you?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #279
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
You couldn't have been responsible for Mary-Kate and Ashley, could you? Not even you would do that to us, would you?

Sadly I apologize for making this joke (if it ever was funny) way too long, I apologize and will now leave the discussion.

Sorry for not adding anything meaningful, socially important, or substantial in anyway.

I will move on now and be silent, sorry again.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #280
Buzzbee
College Starter

Just call me joke-killer.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #281
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Too bad, I was in NYC just last week.

Aw, shucks.

Yes, you have a reputation to uphold. You've managed to reinforce it quite well here.

So, basically, you imply HA is a cheater, never offer any support for your implicit accusation, and then laugh at the over-reaction to your provocation. Total dick move.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #282
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
No real cheating as far as I'm aware. There were accusations of Blackie tanking to get the top pick. However, they were accusations.

HA left because he had become such a jerk that everyone ganged up on him whenever he posted. He got tired of being the punching bag, picked up his photoshop and went home.

That's about the nuts and bolts of it, at least as I see it.

that's a fair assessment of what happened.

(inside IHOF joke) you put the "ass" in assessment.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #283
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
So, basically, you imply HA is a cheater, never offer any support for your implicit accusation, and then laugh at the over-reaction to your provocation. Total dick move.

this shoudln't surprise you.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #284
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
this shoudln't surprise you.

I guess not - but it sure seems like the very definition of a troll: posting just to piss people off and then laughing at them.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #285
cuervo72
Head Coach

I could *really* go for a bologna sandwich right now.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #286
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Well if you can hold off, I can send you one in the mail.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #287
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

In a complete threadjack, Ashley Olsen is in my brother's French class. Much more impressive than when I was in college--my only brush with a celebrity classmate was when I had a class with Tracee Ross, of "Girlfriends" fame. I don't know why I even bring it up, other than to jack up my post count, since it is utterly irrelevant to everyone and everything.

Oh yeah, I don't even own FOF, so maybe I should leave this thread now...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #288
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i don't think you'll find anyone who'll say that i cheated or bended rules at IHOF. my thing over at IHOF, as many will say, was roleplaying, i treated the players as if they were players and not formula's (which they essentially are). in fact, many will say i was a big supporter of "gentleman's rules", where things regarding fair play and no cheating shouldn't have to be spelled out - they should already be assumed.

I would agree with this. I think I remember a thread or two where HA blasted Chubby for his backloading exploit, and am pretty sure that HA never did anything shady with his team. The whole Coolroy thing was pretty bush-league and he can be a total prick at times, but I wouldn't agree with Blackie's accusation of cheating.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #289
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I would agree with this. I think I remember a thread or two where HA blasted Chubby for his backloading exploit, and am pretty sure that HA never did anything shady with his team. The whole Coolroy thing was pretty bush-league and he can be a total prick at times, but I wouldn't agree with Blackie's accusation of cheating.

At this point, can we even believe Blackie's accusation of HA baiting him?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #290
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Well if you can hold off, I can send you one in the mail.

I tried the "Lunch by Mail" plan with wig, it didn't work.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #291
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I could probably drive over to you faster since I live somewhat close by. Do you have any Bak Choi?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #292
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So what do you guys think of opening the game as another team, just to find out what a player's contract demands are, if you're interested in trading for him? Do most of you guys find that to be cheating?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #293
Hoya1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
So what do you guys think of opening the game as another team, just to find out what a player's contract demands are, if you're interested in trading for him? Do most of you guys find that to be cheating?
yes
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #294
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia

Seems odd to me since I've always found that owners are willing to tell you this if you just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #295
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This thread is now about complete. Somebody needs to ask for the obligatory "Pix pls k thx" and mention trout and we're done here.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #296
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Seems odd to me since I've always found that owners are willing to tell you this if you just ask.

I think he is in a league with AI controlled teams.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #297
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
I could *really* go for a bologna sandwich right now.
Buzzbee's apparently got mine, but it's from 1975.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #298
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Buzzbee's apparently got mine, but it's from 1975.

Yeah, it is a little green and crusty, but the ooze has dried up and become quite crunchy. Kinda like a side of chips.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:16 PM   #299
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Yeah, it is a little green and crusty, but the ooze has dried up and become quite crunchy. Kinda like a side of chips.
I was referring to the sandwich, not boogers.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:16 PM   #300
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Before everyone gets put in the box, can someone tell us in the peanut gallery what exactly happened at IHOF regarding cheating and/or HA leaving? Simply pointing to some threads on the issue would be great. Thanks.
Nothing. No one has ever been removed from IHOF for cheating. Case closed.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote