Hall Of Famer

Coming soon from SI: Asswhite Manager 2k7
Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #252
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
yes and yes

But if you want to ignore what others said on my expense thats fine.

It doesn't excuse SI for rushing out there last 2 products ootp 2006 and Ehm with this many bugs.

I am sure SI team will fix it in time. Its just frustrated to see the intial release this buggy on the last two products SI put out.

Actually the game is pretty solid. The injury bug was introduced in the first patch, as far as I can tell, and was "hot fixed" within 24 hours.

I am curious though since you've become such a game critic and hero to the uneducated game buying public if you would list the last 10 games you purchased that you were happy with on release? Games you thought were not rushed and totally playable out of the box?

I'm not being a smartass, this is a totally serious question and I am very interested to read your response.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #253
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
yes and yes

But if you want to ignore what others said on my expense thats fine.

It doesn't excuse SI for rushing out there last 2 products ootp 2006 and Ehm with this many bugs.

I am sure SI team will fix it in time. Its just frustrated to see the intial release this buggy on the last two products SI put out.

I have no idea what the problems were with OOTP because even though I got it on release day, I've yet to play out more than a month... because no one, even the development team, even knows what the coefficents and modifers actually do... and that's not SI's fault, IMO.

As for EHM, this version as I see it hasn't been any more buggier than previous versions... and the fact that they've been so quick with the patch's has even increaesed my opinion of SI, not decreased it.

I honestly don't know why SI is getting so much heat on this...
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #254
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Actually the game is pretty solid. The injury bug was introduced in the first patch, as far as I can tell, and was "hot fixed" within 24 hours.

I am curious though since you've become such a game critic and hero to the uneducated game buying public if you would list the last 10 games you purchased that you were happy with on release? Games you thought were not rushed and totally playable out of the box?

I'm not being a smartass, this is a totally serious question and I am very interested to read your response.

FOF
TPB
FBCB
OOTP 6.51
Madden 2007 (pc version)
NWN
MVP 2005 (pc version)
Baldur's Gate 2
Civ 4
College hoops 2k6 (play station 2)
Starcraft
MLB06 The Show (play station 2)

No particular order.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #255
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
FOF
TPB
FBCB
OOTP 6.51
Madden 2007 (pc version)
NWN
MVP 2005 (pc version)
Baldur's Gate 2
Civ 4
Starcraft

No particular order.

Not to be nitpicky here, but OOTP 6.51 doesn't qualify as an 'out of the box' release. That little .51 should be your first clue.

Civ 4 was solid, but that memory leak caused an awful lot of people an awful lot of problems early on. That can't be ignored.

Won't speak to Madden 07 PC, because I know for the last few years the PC and console versions have appeared to be different beasts.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #256
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Madden 07 PC? *snickers*
Civ 4? *chorles*
OOTP6.51 *giggles, remembering all the flamewars over that*
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS??? (falls down laughing)

As a member of a debate, you make a wonderful comedian JB
Old 09-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #257
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
FOF
TPB
FBCB
OOTP 6.51
Madden 2007 (pc version)
NWN
MVP 2005 (pc version)
Baldur's Gate 2
Civ 4
Starcraft

No particular order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Madden 07 PC? *snickers*
Civ 4? *chorles*
OOTP6.51 *giggles, remembering all the flamewars over that*
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS??? (falls down laughing)

True that, especially Civ 4!

Plus, you cannot compare console games and PC games as regards "bugginess upon release." It's a lot easier coding a console game, where everyone is running basically the same configuration, than a PC game, where the possible software and hardware configurations are almost endless.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #258
Hurst2112
College Starter

you guys are too funny.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:05 PM   #259
Router Help

Quote:

Starcraft

Great game no doubt, but come on, that was 8 years ago.

Last edited by Router Help : 09-28-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #260
Hurst2112
College Starter

hey, i know you guys are comparing pocket protectors and shit but I was wondering:

does anybody know how to adjust your reserve list? I cant seem to be able to uncheck guys.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #261
Hurst2112
College Starter

nevermind. figured it out.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #262
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

so Hurst, how are your pocket protector?

FM
Old 09-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #263
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
so Hurst, how are your pocket protector?

FM

all your base are belong to us?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:49 AM   #264
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Just simmed through a season without a job, and I'm a little disapointed by the results.

- Only three players played 82 games
- no 100 point players
- two 90 point players
- 5 80 point players

Now, alot of the lack of scoring comes from the players not playing near 82 games, only two players in the top 50 in scoring played 80+.

Perhaps I forgot to install the patch... I'll install it again, and run another season while I'm at school.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #265
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

... and how does one set it so you don't except jobs during a vacation. I had the except higher level jobs option set to "no", but I still ended up the GM of a QMJHL team by Jan. 2007, I was on vacation till April. Obviously when I returned the Board wasn't too pleased with me...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 AM   #266
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

triple dola,

Marc, I'll reply to your PM when I get home.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #267
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Ok, so it seems that I must have not installed the patch... after simming another season it seems the injury problem is no more. However, I do see a couple of more problems...

- Again I started unemployed, made sure the only automatic apply for job option was turned off... yet I got hired as the Medicine Hat GM in the WHL in September... last time it was a QMJHL team in January. Am I doing something wrong?

- Scoring still seems low:
~ One 100 point player
~ two 90 point players
~ eleven 80 point players

- And again the computer GM's think 4th round picks are the best thing EVER. First month Langenbrunner is traded for one 4th round pick... and Drury is traded for two 4th rounders.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #268
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

... another thing, though this seems like something that could be debated. Teams seem to be trading players that they would be very unlikely to part with in real life, Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith traded by Edmonton in February... the Sens trading Redden, and Carolina trading Brind'Amour.

The Sens one in particular makes me wonder, because I'm sure the argument for this type of deal would be that the Sens were more than likely not going to make the playoffs when they traded him... so they did it to rebuild. I'm sorry but if the Sens are out of the playoffs, something tells me they aren't just going to give up and throw away someone like Redden for a couple of middle of the road youngsters.

And BTW... the Caps won the President's Trophy going 53-21-7... how you might ask? Well they ended the season with Rob Blake, Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Jamie Langenbrunner, Petr Sykora, Jason Smith, Alexander Mogilny, Jason Allison... and of course Ovechkin and Kolzig...

... welcome to bizzaro world.
LETS GO JAYS!!

Last edited by Joe Canadian : 09-29-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #269
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
... another thing, though this seems like something that could be debated. Teams seem to be trading players that they would be very unlikely to part with in real life, Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith traded by Edmonton in February... the Sens trading Redden, and Carolina trading Brind'Amour.

The Sens one in particular makes me wonder, because I'm sure the argument for this type of deal would be that the Sens were more than likely not going to make the playoffs when they traded him... so they did it to rebuild. I'm sorry but if the Sens are out of the playoffs, something tells me they aren't just going to give up and throw away someone like Redden for a couple of middle of the road youngsters.

And BTW... the Caps won the President's Trophy going 53-21-7... how you might ask? Well they ended the season with Rob Blake, Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Jamie Langenbrunner, Petr Sykora, Jason Smith, Alexander Mogilny, Jason Allison... and of course Ovechkin and Kolzig...

... welcome to bizzaro world.

Hrmm... Odd indeed.

Well, I guess Leonsis (the Cap's owner) felt like it was time to strike and the iron was hot. They certainly have the cap room to make apparently a dozen big moves or so.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #270
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Ok, so it seems that I must have not installed the patch... after simming another season it seems the injury problem is no more. However, I do see a couple of more problems...

- Again I started unemployed, made sure the only automatic apply for job option was turned off... yet I got hired as the Medicine Hat GM in the WHL in September... last time it was a QMJHL team in January. Am I doing something wrong?

- Scoring still seems low:
~ One 100 point player
~ two 90 point players
~ eleven 80 point players

- And again the computer GM's think 4th round picks are the best thing EVER. First month Langenbrunner is traded for one 4th round pick... and Drury is traded for two 4th rounders.

In my first season, the scoring seemed alot lower then normal. Mats Sundin ended up winning the heart trophy with 94 points. Scoring seems to have shot up significantly in season 2 though!!!. There are about 7 players on target for over 100 points.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #271
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Marc,

Just to let you know I wasn't taking a shot at SI Games. What I actually meant was the large studio games such as EA that bring out game syear after year with the same problems.

I fully understand the smaller or especially the one man studios that can't catch everything but the bigger studios should have much better testing and quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Simply put we do our utmost to ensure the game are as bug free and flawless as possible - we use standard software engineering techniques, very organised testing etc. .... but simply put with over a million lines of code in most of our titles its virtually impossible for them to be 100% tested and perfect upon release.

For an example of this consider FM - it has 50 odd leagues in it, consider the number of permutations you can have upon starting the game and selecting the leagues:

50x49x48x47x46x45.....

We don't even have enough time to START the game in every possible permutation let alone test their individual vagrancies, we do the best we can and use sensible techniques to try and ensure sanity but sometimes unfortunately its not enough.

I realise this isn't what you'd prefer to hear but its honest and imho thats the main thing.

As always we'll do our utmost to support EHM and I hope you all enjoy the game.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #272
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
In my first season, the scoring seemed alot lower then normal. Mats Sundin ended up winning the heart trophy with 94 points. Scoring seems to have shot up significantly in season 2 though!!!. There are about 7 players on target for over 100 points.

I've encountered the same thing... which is even more reason to be concerned, IMO. Why is it that there seems to be a lack of scoring in 2006-07, but scoring picks up by quite a bit the next season?
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #273
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Because EHM is self-aware and implements future rule changes that haven't been proposed yet
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #274
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Any word on if they are planning on fixing the schoring level problems? I've simmed through 4 more seasons... all with only 6-10 players getting over 90 points, and 1-2 over 100. That was fine before the rules changes, but scoring should be higher...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #275
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Any word on if they are planning on fixing the schoring level problems? I've simmed through 4 more seasons... all with only 6-10 players getting over 90 points, and 1-2 over 100. That was fine before the rules changes, but scoring should be higher...

could it be debatable that scoring is broken? obviously, last year there were 14 90+ scorers and 7 100+ scorers, but that was year one of the (annoying buzzword alert) New NHL. It's not hard for me to imagine a slight correction in the scoring this year, bringing numbers a bit closer to what you're seeing.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #276
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

btw, fwiw, 1/3 of the way into my first season, I've got 20 players on pace for 100. Jagr is on pace for 145
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #277
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
could it be debatable that scoring is broken? obviously, last year there were 14 90+ scorers and 7 100+ scorers, but that was year one of the (annoying buzzword alert) New NHL. It's not hard for me to imagine a slight correction in the scoring this year, bringing numbers a bit closer to what you're seeing.

Well I suppose it could, but it seems like scoring is down even from EHM 2005... To me if scoring was higher with the previous version of the game, and the most recent real NHL season refelcted that higher scoring number... then I can't figure out why SI would bring scoring levels down on purpose, if you know what I mean.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #278
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I suppose it could, but it seems like scoring is down even from EHM 2005... To me if scoring was higher with the previous version of the game, and the most recent real NHL season refelcted that higher scoring number... then I can't figure out why SI would bring scoring levels down on purpose, if you know what I mean.

SI must of study all the NHL stats and tested/tweak that out.

So the average your seeing is probably what SI came up with when they did their NHL stats studies.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #279
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
SI must of study all the NHL stats and tested/tweak that out.

So the average your seeing is probably what SI came up with when they did their NHL stats studies.

Yes, I understand where they get the stats levels... what I'm saying is that if SI came up with a figure that produced the scoring levels we saw in EHM 2005 and scoring last season mirrored those levels... there's no reason for that level to decrease, unless they changed the way the averaged out stats.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #280
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

do you think the scoring being down is because of the injuries seeming to be up?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #281
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Ok... I simmed through two seasons again, same thing occured with the stats. Once again, I picked the option to not apply for jobs... but I ended up with a job & then being fired because I was on vacation.

So I retire, and create a new GM... take over the Maple Leafs. Who in two years have traded away Steen, Raycroft, Sundin, Kaberle, and McCabe with nothing much to show for it... they did sign Strake to a $6.5 Million deal for one season. The I look at Wellwood, who had 46 points in 06-07, and 55 points in 07-08. His contract runs out after this season, but JFJ re-signed him before I took over... to a... one year contract worth:

$8,800,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

... although it's a two way deal, so he'll only make $1.5 Million if I send him to the AHL.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #282
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
do you think the scoring being down is because of the injuries seeming to be up?

The problem I mentioned a while ago regardin injuries was due to me not applying the updated patch, I downloaded it but never installed it. Of the top 28 in scoring only 8 played less then 80 games... so injuries doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #283
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Ok... I simmed through two seasons again, same thing occured with the stats. Once again, I picked the option to not apply for jobs... but I ended up with a job & then being fired because I was on vacation.

So I retire, and create a new GM... take over the Maple Leafs. Who in two years have traded away Steen, Raycroft, Sundin, Kaberle, and McCabe with nothing much to show for it... they did sign Strake to a $6.5 Million deal for one season. The I look at Wellwood, who had 46 points in 06-07, and 55 points in 07-08. His contract runs out after this season, but JFJ re-signed him before I took over... to a... one year contract worth:

$8,800,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

... although it's a two way deal, so he'll only make $1.5 Million if I send him to the AHL.

8.8!!!!...damn

The only player ive seen making that much was Dion Phaneuf. Infact, Calgary found itself paying their players 12 million too much at the start of a season, so they had to put 4 or 5 players, good players on waivers. I couldnt pick anyone up though, sense i too got myself in salary cap hell by signing players like St. Louis, Kariya, and Stillman.
TML
Old 10-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #284
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Have you posted about this on the SI site along with your data showing where in game scoring is compared to where it is in the real NHL? I know Graeme
was scheduled for a two week vacation and said he would be playing the game over those two weeks looking for problem areas. I believe when he returns the first big patch with roster updates will be worked on. Somewhere I believe they said they "plan" on an October release. So I would think now would be a good time to make your case.

I guess if you don't belong to the SI board you could try PMing Riz, Marc D., or Graeme(I think he is a memeber)here to make sure they are aware of the issue.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #285
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
The problem I mentioned a while ago regardin injuries was due to me not applying the updated patch, I downloaded it but never installed it. Of the top 28 in scoring only 8 played less then 80 games... so injuries doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny93g
8.8!!!!...damn

The only player ive seen making that much was Dion Phaneuf. Infact, Calgary found itself paying their players 12 million too much at the start of a season, so they had to put 4 or 5 players, good players on waivers. I couldnt pick anyone up though, sense i too got myself in salary cap hell by signing players like St. Louis, Kariya, and Stillman.

Canadian grammer ain't what it used to be...

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #286
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Canadian grammer ain't what it used to be...

TML
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 AM   #287
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Current fix list for the next patch (no release date set)

General
=======
- Can no longer ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets unless you have an assistant employed at your team.
- Fixed human being unable to change U20 side's roster coming upto the WJC-U20 ( need to start a new game )
- Salary cap is now configurable via the config file transfer_rules_config.cfg, in the database folder. Set to values to 0 or remove the entry to remove the cap for competition entirely. Caps

cannot be added to leagues that do not already have them.

Crashes
=======
- Fixed a crash continuing from Nov 21st to Nov 22nd
- Fixed crash going to see-also menu with teams in "A minor league"
- Fixed potential crash on November the 14th, if the game has been saved/re-loaded between certain days.
- Fixed a problem with player rights that could cause the game to crash on apparently random dates

User Interface
==============

- Fixed problems continuing the game when there was a modal screen in the history
- Retiring as GM shouldn't continue the game
- Colour clash fixes, improved readability of text on menubar and match screens where colours were similar
- Fixed being able to set the second nationality of a new GM as the same as the first nationality (and vice versa)
- Fixed award custom images
- Fixed sorting of GAA and Save% on hall of fame screen
- Clicking "Unread All" on the news screen should redraw the screen
- Fixed display issues on transfer screen for players who had requested to be transferred
- Can now untick "Ignore Exhibitions" in the team comparison screen
- Can now deselect divisions in the group menu on the league standings screen
- Fixed job title text being cut off on team screen personnel list
- Fixed progress bar displaying invalid scores when a game was abandoned
- Memorial Cup should use the same position button colour for all teams
- Fixed alignment issues on the bans section of the player profile
- Fixed alignment issues on shootout choices screen
- Cannot set invalid squad status for staff from the club screen contract management view
- Moved Pull Goalie button away from the Confirm button on tactics screen to prevent accidental clicks
- Removed border from player pics on the front office screen that were too big.
- Using the quick flicks on the Team screen Personnel section now remembers the original view when moving between clubs
- Fixed overlapping buttons on the competiton screen for the British Cups
- on the league information screen for Continental Competitions the correct division each team comes from is now displayed.
- Schedule calendar view, fixed that shootout scorers where listed in the match scorers and the extra goal is now added on for an OT win.
- When configuraing a custom tournament you can now no longer set lose points to be greater than or equal to win points. Also 2 points can be given for an OT win.
- Add Manager Screen, if set to perform Fantasy draft in a league other than that which the game start date was set for the Nation/ League menus would display the text for the league the date was

selected instead of the league the fantasy draft is taking place in.
- Add Manager screen nav arrows now work when first time in Fantasy Draft mode
- Start Uneployed option completed removed in Fantasy Draft mode ( was just disabled before, but caused some confusion )
- Oldest / Youngest Player on the Team Information screen was sometimes displaying incorrect values for how many days the player had been that age for.
- overall standings league table view, PK % was slightly being cut-off
- Fixed league information screen possibly showing incorrect details about Friendly tournaments
- The quick link item for Roster now does not change colour moving between different screens.
- Fixed pressing cancel on search filers on the draft screen still applied the filters.
- Fixed minor alignment issue with jobs panel on the front office screen
- Fixed overlapping text in the match screen when two humans are playing matches simultaneosly in a network game.
- Shortlist button on Front Office screen now goes to shortlist instead of player search
- Fixed getting into Pause/Resume loop at the end of the game if accessing tactics after game ended
- Detail level screen did not remember changes to the preset settings for Continental games
- Fixed salary sorting on the Waiver wire screen
- On player & Staff search there were two options called Export, one of them should have been Delete and is now re-named.
- Fixed problem where some President's Tophy winners wouldn't be displayed on the team history screen
- Added affiliates links to Front Office screen
- Training screen now has multi-select to change player schedules en masse.
- training screen remembers which attributes were being shown for each schedule type
- Training screen shows the number of players on each schedule in the Schedule menu.
- Fixed when selecting Canada on the select leagues screen then changing to it to Standard, Canada remained in the start date options dropdown.
- Fixed goalies being included in skater stats on the home screen
- When an exhibition tour has the maximum games (10), then all other dates are marked as unavailable
- Fixed player bio problem where a player's best season was noted as an award winning year when it wasn't
- Fixed incorrect alignment of delete button on shortlist
- Invite (for exhibition)/Scout Team/Apply for Job now available via right click
- Qualifying offer text on contract offer screen is linkable and now sets the offer to that value

Competitions
============
- Stage names for some all star games were appended with "Final". Not necessary.
- Tweaked scheduling for European club competitions
- Ensured Continental Competitions use the correct game rules.
- European Super Cup first year entered team changes
- olympic Final Qualification Tournament uses the correct game rules
- Updates some teams and dates of matches for the Euro Ice Hockey Challange - fixes some date clashes with European league fixtures
- Friendly tournaments are now played at the organising teams Arena, not Unknown Arena
- Ensured friendly tournaments use the rules specificed by the user.
- Fixed the hosts of the Olympic Hockey Tournament in 2010 sometimes being USA instead of Canada
- Fixed player stats tracking problem which caused non-rookies to be considered rookies (fixes both new games and saved games)
- Fixed no points being given for Shoot-out wins and losses in the Central Hockey league
- Removed the relegation stage from Danish league (applies to new games and ongoing saves, except for current season if stage already in process)

Transfer/Trade AI
=================
- Fixed trading of the rights to unattached prospects currently on trial
- Fixed returning from loan to the right team after being traded whilst being loaned out from a farm affiliate
- Tuned more native players to attend training camps as walk-ins where possible
- Fixed major junior signing issue of european imports with no club

Roster Management
=================
- Russian player releases tweak, should not release players while shortlisting at the cap check, because they need to supply the second teams with players
- Removing a player from IR updates virtual players on roster
- Asking coach for lines during the game repeatedly without clearing them first will no longer mess up the lines
- Improved AI team's handling of signing their prospects to entry level deals
- Enforced the affiliation skater/goalie limits
- Improved AI for taking on loan players in the minor leagues

Contracts
=========
- Finetuned NHL entry level contract demands
- Fixed counting of accrued NHL seasons to not count on-going season when determining free agency status
- Fixed contract extensions so that the last year of the existing contract is not re-negotiable in any case as per CBA
- Fixed an issue with some AI team non-playing staff not being on proper contracts

Printouts
=========
- Fixed printing player statistics the heading label said "Team" for National sides and vice-versa.

Drafts
======
- Fixed Fantasy Drafted players being added back into the draft pool, and the team who originally picked him not actually getting him
- Improved game created draft pool material
- Tweaked CHL Import draft availability and player interest

Finances
========
- Finetuned board cap control in non-NHL leagues

News
=====
- Fixed a missing hyperlink in trade news, for the player whom the rejected team did not like
- Tweaks to training camp report news to single out a player for praise
- Fixed prize money news not being sent out
- Fixed when a player rejects a offer of a try-out the news item mentions that the reason is because scouts from the team that offered the try-out were watching him.
- Disabled response button on status clarification news item if the player had already moved teams after the request for status update
- Tweaked trade rumors (toned down the number of these created)
- Fixed player form news coming up outside of the season

Other
=====
- Fog of war should be visible for free agents who were last playing in manager's nation
- Disabled manager speculation news for the first few days of a new game
- NEW_AFFILIATION and AFFILIATION_CHANGE config commands now support setting affiliation mode and maximum skater and goalie counts
- Fixed _ in team name in the score upload

Assets
======

Data
====
- Fixed problem with Georgian language having no nation set.
- Made sure playrs like Jagr can speak English, and Quebec based players can speak French and English

Awards
======
- Canadian Humanitarian of the year award was incorrectly associated with the OHL, now moved to Memorial Cup to encompass the entire CHL.

Translations
============

2D Engine
============
- Tweaked player AI on dumping the puck in too eagerly
- Enforced no-change rule after icings
- Improved goalie AI to respect the no-go zone behind the goalline
- Improved linechanging AI
- Improved coaching AI when picking special teams
- Fixed puck getting stuck to netting too often
- Tweaked suspension frequency for players sent out to fight on purpose but not targeting specific players (ie. headhunting)

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/2992034952
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #288
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The sooner you guys get this patch out, the sooner I'm buying the game. I'm just saying.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #289
Fouts
College Starter

Are overall points in CHL standings being fixed? I don't see it listed.

Edit: found it.

Quote:
- Fixed no points being given for Shoot-out wins and losses in the Central Hockey league

Last edited by Fouts : 10-04-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #290
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Broken Dola

My wife will probably buy a copy, too, once this patch is out. C'mon, you've got two sales pending right here!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #291
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Broken Dola

My wife will probably buy a copy, too, once this patch is out. C'mon, you've got two sales pending right here!

I may even buy an additional copy for Pumpy and his wife... Just cause.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-04-2006, 08:19 AM   #292
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

There we go! More potential sales! This has to happen!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #293
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
Current fix list for the next patch (no release date set)

Finances
========
- Finetuned board cap control in non-NHL leagues
- NHL salary cap rules no longer apply to the New Jersey Devils

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/2992034952

Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #294
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have not laughed this hard in a long time!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #295
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy

Fixed problems continuing the game when there was a modal screen in the history

This is really big, and might bring Ksyrup back into the fold!
Seriously, that started to annoy the crap out of me after he pointed it out.

Quote:
clash fixes, improved readability of text on menubar and match screens where colours were similar

I found this one playing as the Stars. Gha.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #296
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

a nice bit of realism - Garth Snow was the first GM fired in my league, 2 months into the season, and less than a week after receiving a vote of confidence from Charles Wang
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #297
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

guh. Jan 1st, the 2nd place Sabres waive Chris Drury and the 3rd place Devils waive John Madden. both teams are well under the cap
Old 10-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #298
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
guh. Jan 1st, the 2nd place Sabres waive Chris Drury and the 3rd place Devils waive John Madden. both teams are well under the cap

I've been hearing too much of this for my liking, along with the assist bug. I'm waiting for the patch before purchasing to see if things get cleared up. But by then, FM '07 will probably be on the radar.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #299
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Washington is doing the same thing in my game.
they've picked up Mogilny and Drury on waivers, Langenbrunner, Brisebois and Theodore via trade, Daze, Perreault, York via free agency
Old 10-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #300
kserra
H.S. Freshman Team

I saw Drury on waivers in the two games I've started so far...

I've also seen a lot of this: I'll offer a team one of my players for a draft choice, only to have the computer team counter with a trade offer of a high pick (usually a 2nd rounder) for two of my lower pickes (5th & 6th rounders usually). I accumulated four 2nd round picks like this before my conscience made me quit the game...

Also, the computer doesn't seem to consider my team needs when making offers...I'll put down that I'm looking for "young prospects" and end up with a bunch of offers that have 30 year players...

I'm hoping the patch helps out the GM portions of the game...

Kevin
kserra is offline   Reply With Quote