Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #251
MikeVic
Head Coach

I thought the episode was good too. Mohinder didn't bug (hah) me as much this time, but Maya did a bit. The Parkman's dad/Linderman thing was great. Claire seeing that maybe her dad isn't that great, Peter continuing onto his evil path, Sylar continuing onto his good path, the way Adam escaped from Hiro... those were all good moments.

I hope there's a good explanation for Hiro stabbing Ando though. If it really was just a cold-hearted stab, that seems so far out of Hiro's character that it's dumb. But with Hiro's power, I think there's a good explanation there somewhere. If it does end up being an actual stabbing, maybe Adam comes back and saves Ando with his blood, and they team up to take out Hiro? That's why Ando gets that fire blast power too?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #252
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Maybe Hiro didn't stab Ando - what if it was Maury messing with their minds? I also wonder who's calling the shot to go after Parkman. Is it Arthur Petrelli to recruit him for the new company or is it Maury to get revenge on his son?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #253
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sylar + HRG = better episodes. Ditto Ma Petrelli and usually Nathan.

Peter in a coma = a good start. Maya and Mohinder killing each other off would be just too great; far too great to actually happen.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #254
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I thought the episode was good too. Mohinder didn't bug (hah) me as much this time, but Maya did a bit. The Parkman's dad/Linderman thing was great. Claire seeing that maybe her dad isn't that great, Peter continuing onto his evil path, Sylar continuing onto his good path, the way Adam escaped from Hiro... those were all good moments.

I hope there's a good explanation for Hiro stabbing Ando though. If it really was just a cold-hearted stab, that seems so far out of Hiro's character that it's dumb. But with Hiro's power, I think there's a good explanation there somewhere. If it does end up being an actual stabbing, maybe Adam comes back and saves Ando with his blood, and they team up to take out Hiro? That's why Ando gets that fire blast power too?

I was shocked in a way, but knew immediately it was a set-up some how. Hiro stopped time and did something, but that also means speed-girl knows as well. Did you see her reaction to the order to kill Ando? She's not very evil it seems.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #255
Anthony
Banned

i'm assuming Hiro stabbed Ando knowing he could go back in time to reverse that, in order to get closer to that New World Order group. it seemed so out of character that it was rather obvious a part of some plan of Hiro's.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #256
Anthony
Banned

i need Maya to be dead. she offers nothing to the show. at least now Mohinder has a purpose.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #257
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think Hiro stopped time and some how set it up to make it look like he killed Ando. He knew he needed to pass that test so that he could get "in" with the villians and work against them from the inside.

Peter in a coma is great for any episode.

The vortex power was cool. I wish there was more of it.

The episode did start to set things up nicely and give the season some structure. They still need to cut the fat though. Enough with Mohinder. He's become ridiculous. Other than being very hot, Maya's always been a waste.

The Puppeteer looks cool and creepy.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole HRG standoff thing. It was forced and kind of silly.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #258
Anthony
Banned

Noah and Claire's conflicts with one another have been going on since season 1. it's really time they expand the dynamic of that relationship cuz it's it's not going anywhere new. Claire wants to be independent and rebel and Noah wants to reign her in and shelter her for her safety. we get it. let's move on.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #259
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Noah and Claire's conflicts with one another have been going on since season 1. it's really time they expand the dynamic of that relationship cuz it's it's not going anywhere new. Claire wants to be independent and rebel and Noah wants to reign her in and shelter her for her safety. we get it. let's move on.

That's one of the biggest problems with the writers of the show. They don't like to move on. Their characters are caught in this never-ending cycle and never really seem to evolve. There are quite a few examples of this, the worst being the whole Maya and her brother thing for last year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #260
Anthony
Banned

i was watching some show on E! and they said one villain that is endeared by many will die, and one character that hasn't caught on with audiences will leave the show - for good.

based on that info, i'm thinking HRG will die (can he be considered a villain?) and possibly Mohinder or maybe Maya...i don't know, that info is too vague to really be able to identify who they're talking about. i still don't know if HRG is a villain or not, Sylar is too valuable to allow to leave the show. whoever it turns out to be, i'm glad they'll be off the show for good since killing people who can come back to life adds no dramatic tension whatsoever. i didn't even flinch when Hiro stabbed Ando.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #261
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

HRG isn't a villain.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #262
MikeVic
Head Coach

They'll just be brought back.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #263
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't think they could kill Sylar... and I'm not sure HRG would qualify to be a villain (though he is to some in the show, so who knows). Ma Petrelli? But is she "endeared by many"... though what does that mean?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #264
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I don't think they could kill Sylar... and I'm not sure HRG would qualify to be a villain (though he is to some in the show, so who knows). Ma Petrelli? But is she "endeared by many"... though what does that mean?

it was rather vague, i agree, but the point was the villain was endeared by many, and the non-villain never caught on with audiences. in this show i don't know who is and isn't a villain any more outside of Papa Petrelli, Parkman's Dad and that guy who gets power from people's fears. i can only assume the other character will be Maya (since she's already Mohinder's captive) rather than Mohinder, since he's the narrator of the show and the show needs a scientist/evil scientist type person. i want to search more for this to see if i'm providing the info verbatim as it was presented on E!. if its too revealing i won't post here. i'm not into spoilers, but i am into speculation and hearing people's theories and we get to discuss who was right.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #265
Anthony
Banned

ok, i checked out the blog of the person who did the clip on E!, and it was a tad too revealing (not overly spoilerish but very easy to put 2 and 2 together). i will say i was right about one of the people i thought was going to die. i won't post the part about what the reporter said regarding that character cuz while she doesn't come out and say who it is, you'd be dumb not to guess who.

EDIT: removed the quote from the blog, cuz as Ronnie showed it's too spoilerish (it's the same quote that's in Ronnie's spoiler tag). i reread the part about the villain and i was able to deduce who.

she also went on to say we're going to find out what makes Claire so special, per Sylar's words.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-16-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #266
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Found the information, and it's pretty spoilery.

Spoiler

i wouldn't necessarily call that villain "endeared". certainly not on the list of "most-hated Heroes characters", but not the first person on the list of "most endeared".
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #267
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though

Spoiler
Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #268
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Spoiler

i didn't know she was a "spoiler person", or else i would've stayed away and just continued with the speculation. her definition of not being a spoiler is "i won't tell you what color the sky is, but let's just say the sky isn't yellow, it's not orange, green, red or purple....".

i won't be viewing her blog anymore. fucking cunt. i'll refrain from commenting any further on the content of the next episode, anything else i say up until next monday will be all speculation and theory.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #269
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Though

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #270
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 10-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #271
TRO
College Prospect

Spoiler
Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #272
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Spoiler

As they say, there can only be one.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #273
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #274
Izulde
Head Coach

I knew it! I called it that the blade didn't go deep enough.

Man, it feels so awesome to be right about something in this show.

All in all, I felt like this was a really good building episode and I loved the Russian roulette scene with the Puppetmaster, whose like, the creepiest villan ever.

I was crushed to see what happened to Adam. He was one of my fave characters.

Oh and I can't get enough of Parkman and the turtle. Makes me laugh my ass off every time I see them on screen.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #275
Huckleberry
College Starter

Okay, I need a recap of what happened between when Ando and Hiro said "Seriously? Seriously." And when Eric Doyle was on the ground and HRG injected something into him.

The damn DVR screwed up that entire section.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #276
Swaggs
Coordinator

That was a pretty solid episode.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #277
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Pretty good episode, I guess because you are starting to see certain people go in one direction or the other and that means a possible battle down the road of good size.

I did have one moment of " oh crap, again? this is getting a bit old" when Peter just got brought out of sleep by Sylar only to turn around and put him into a forced coma. When the hell are these guys going to be awake/not disabled at the same time? Obviosuly Peter now lost his powers (again, though in a cool way I guess) so even when Sylar is back in action Peter won't be. It was cool to see Peter and Sylar battle each other, since that may be the last time they really fight against each other and I have always found those to be some of the better fights on the show.

So, Peter's dad takes other's powers away from them and keeps them for himself? I guess it runs in the family in one way or the other.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #278
sabotai
General Manager

I thought the episode was kinda weak.

Spoiler

I'm pretty much sick of Claire's whole story arc. It's been stale for well over a season now. I would love to see what Noah would do if Claire was killed.

I think the only thing keeping me interested in the show right now is Hiro and Ando.

Last edited by sabotai : 10-21-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #279
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Spoiler

I'm pretty much sick of Claire's whole story arc. It's been stale for well over a season now. I would love to see what Noah would do if Claire was killed.

I think the only thing keeping me interested in the show right now is Hiro and Ando.

The two guys who have turned into two total idiots most of the time? All the dumb mistakes is getting old, and Hiro passing his 'test' tongiht doesn't give me too much hope he has turned a corner. It just seems this character is more dumb now then naive and enthusiastic, which is what he was in the first season.

edit to add another thought: Future Hiro was pretty badass in season one and I would like to see a move towards that at some point. Obviously it wouldn't happen over night, but the guy has to start to smarten up at some point. Maybe this season that will happen by the end.

Last edited by Cringer : 10-21-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #280
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I thought it was a good epsiode. I'm sort of tiring of the Nathan/Tracy bit so that story arc needs to go somewhere in a hurry. I always like the Hiro/Ando bits - I thought him going back in time only to get hit with the shovel there and then watch himself get hit with the shovel was pretty funny. "High Five Turtle" got a laugh from me as well. I also really like the introduction of Arthur and what he can do - I hope we get some backstory on how/why everyone believed he was dead and how he formed Pinehurst.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #281
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought it was ok.

Mohinder has turned into some sort of really bad B-moive horror villian. He was always a weak character, but the direction he's taken is really stupid. He lures people into his evil scientist liar, knocks them out, does experiments on them and then webs them to his creepy wall. The whole thing hidden behind some black tarp. All that is missing is his evil laugh and him explaining all of his plans to his victims before webbing them.

They really haven't had any idea what to do with Nikki/Tracy. The only decent plot they had for her was when she was the "hitwoman" for Linderman. As much as I like Ali Larter, she has nothing to do. Nathan's been a waste as well. Also, he mentioned in this episode that he "always thought he got his powers from God." Uh... did he? I thought that was a pretty recent phenomenon. Whatever. The writers are wasting some of their best actors in Larter and Pasdar.

Ando and Hiro were less annoying this episode than they have been. I liked that they tried to have Hiro go back into the past a few minutes and change the outcome of his shovelling. Fans have been squawking about that for years.

Claire has become incredibly tiresome. That said, Noah and his wife (the one with Mr. Muggles, not the flame one) are two of my favorite characters on the show, so, I'll take the bad with the good there.

The Peter putting Sylar in a coma thing was tiresome. These writers love nothing more than repetition. It's their favorite device. The whole Sylar as part of the Petrielli family thing is still stupid. It really makes his interactions with them feel like a really, really bad soap opera.

I'm glad Peter lost his powers. Hopefully they stay lost.

I'm still not 100% sure what's going on with the show. Mr. Petrelli has gathered his villains but for what aim? To give everyone else super powers so he can steal them? I guess it will be revealed in time.

As for Adam Monroe, poor guy. A tough way to go after living so long. Didn't Ma Petrelli send Hiro and Ando off to dig him up? If so, maybe she's in cahoots with her husband? Why else free Adam if not to "resurrect" Mr. Petrellli. Then again, maybe she didn't think about that. The Petrelli's aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack. They aren't quite Mohinder dense, but they do have some severe lapses of judgment.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #282
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's a shame that the Puppetmaster is back in Level 5. He was an incredibly creapy villain. Wow... how twisted was he?

Pa Petrelli really seems to be a badass. It does look like he takes powers away from others and keeps them for himself. Kind of explains Sylar's and Peter's powers which are kind of a version of that one. Looks like Peter is "normal" now and Sylar will probably end up saving the day somehow. Maybe Peter gets back his powers by being injected with the formula? Or perhaps he decides to stay a non-super.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #283
MikeVic
Head Coach

It was OK.

There's good, and there's really confusing/stupid.

I liked the "high five turtle" line too. I like Daphne, so I like pretty much any scene with her in it. Peter losing his powers is good.

I was confused with Hiro traveling back in time, seeing himself get hit twice, and then going up to Ando to say no more time traveling... wouldn't that time line have three Hiros now? Am I missing something obvious?

Mohinder IS REALLY REALLY IDIOTIC. Tracey SHOWS HIM HER POWER... and he touches her hand when she's restrained!!! WHAT THE HELL!! That bugged me to no end.

Claire making those eyes and saying "it's ok, shoot me." And then no one really reacting emotionally to Claire "dieing" should have been enough for that mimic guy to smell something was up. Also, he just escaped from Level 5 right? Why the hell is he running his marionette business? lol. I've never heard of an escaped criminal go back to their legitimate line of work as if they're not fugitives.

The main story is keeping me interested enough, but the little things are pissing me off.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #284
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why the hell is he running his marionette business?

It doesn't seem like he is. It seems he's just hiding out there.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #285
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It doesn't seem like he is. It seems he's just hiding out there.

Yeah. A cool, creepy hideout is a staple for certain villains. I think it made sense. It added to his already creepy nature.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #286
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yeah. A cool, creepy hideout is a staple for certain villains. I think it made sense. It added to his already creepy nature.

Don't you guys remember him coming to the front when Claire's Mr. Muggles mom rang the bell? And she was asking about booking a party, he said he didn't do children's parties anymore... then she said she'd pay cash and he said fine he'll do it, and gave her a sheet to fill out.

To me, that's still running your business.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #287
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't you guys remember him coming to the front when Claire's Mr. Muggles mom rang the bell? And she was asking about booking a party, he said he didn't do children's parties anymore... then she said she'd pay cash and he said fine he'll do it, and gave her a sheet to fill out.

To me, that's still running your business.

Uh no.. that's seeing a big wad of cash and being intrigued by some extra money. That and her filling out the form would get her out of there.

And didn't you notice that door was blocked by a metal fence? And the place just looked closed.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-21-2008 at 09:41 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #288
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Uh no.. that's seeing a big wad of cash and being intrigued by some extra money. That and her filling out the form would get her out of there.

But why answer the bell? Why even have the front door unlocked? He's an escaped convict. He's been caught before, he can be caught again. You'd think he would stay in his hideout and not want to be seen by people?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #289
MikeVic
Head Coach

The front door must not have been blocked if normal mom got in.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #290
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

She opened the metal gate, which anyone would have taken for "closed".

And, he'd want to answer the bell to prevent anyone from walking in back and seeing his prisoner.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #291
MikeVic
Head Coach

Huh, I guess I missed the gate moving then.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #292
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

When she's at the front desk, you can see the gate behind her.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #293
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Was he all that smart about his choice of creepy hideouts? No. Not really.

Should he have had some better security? Most definitely. I mean, if Claire's mom knew where to find him still, it's pretty clear that The Company should have known his whereabouts.

Was he still running his business? No.

He said that he didn't do that anymore when Claire's mom asked about a puppet show, but then had her fill out of the form when she flashed a wad of cash in his face. He had her fill out the form as a formality and as a way to get cash. Maybe he would have been willing to do the puppet show for a little cash. A one time thing. He looked like he could use some toiletries like shaving cream and a razor.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #294
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

As for Adam Monroe, poor guy. A tough way to go after living so long. Didn't Ma Petrelli send Hiro and Ando off to dig him up? If so, maybe she's in cahoots with her husband? Why else free Adam if not to "resurrect" Mr. Petrellli. Then again, maybe she didn't think about that. The Petrelli's aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack. They aren't quite Mohinder dense, but they do have some severe lapses of judgment.

The Petrelli mom sent Hiro to get Adam before she knew about her husband. When she found out about the husband is when he came to her in her dream and made her comatose. I am pretty sure she wanted Adam to be on her 'side' but Adam decided to take off from Hiro and Ando, which is when he got jumped and caught in the alley by Daphne and the Fear=Strength guy.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #295
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
But why answer the bell? Why even have the front door unlocked? He's an escaped convict. He's been caught before, he can be caught again. You'd think he would stay in his hideout and not want to be seen by people?

You'd think he would choose a hideout that is not his last known address...
Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #296
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
You'd think he would choose a hideout that is not his last known address...

Based on almost everything you have seen from the various characters on this show, what leads you to that conclusion?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #297
MikeVic
Head Coach

That's two of the Level 5 guys that have chosen their last-known address then, right? I don't wonder anymore how they got caught in the first place. Don't seem to be the brightest bulbs in the tanning bed.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #298
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler

i'm officially sick of the Claire storyline. Claire's storyling in season 3 is the DL/Nikki-Jessica/Micah storyline of season 1 and the Micah/Micah's cousin who can mimmick what she sees storyline of season 2.

i'm done. she has no offensive abilities, her only ability is she can be captured and tortured and killed and come back to life to rinse and repeat. if she hasn't learned her lesson with the Vortex guy and now the Puppetmaster that she doesn't have the ability to stop people then i don't know what to say about the show's writer's. if they were imaginative, they'd have her want to become a cop so that she becomes a maverick cop who charges into dangerous situations and she quickly develops a rep for being a fearless cop and eventually we'd see her in the future as some police commish hellbent on stopping crime.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #299
Anthony
Banned

i didn't think the episode was weak, btw. it was a fun one to watch, especially now that Peter is powerless. i like Sylar is gravitating towards good, i like him more in that role instead of the annoying villain who you know will kill whichever unsuspecting person with a power he comes across. he's much more dynamic now, and he seems more fleshed out. great job on the writer's part with that character. they got one right, at least.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #300
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't buy the angel that the puppetmaster was tempted by Clairs moms money. He could just walk up to anyone on the street, make them pull out their wallet and give him all their money.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote