Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #251
Arles
Grey Dog Software

There's no way Ricky makes it through. Every time he gets a break, the judges seem to downplay him. Tatiana and Jasmine (dismal performances) get 3-4 minutes of hype and questioning after being named. Ricky gets name and Seacrest immediately gives him the Heisman to the couch (I don't even think the first scene of his video completed).

I would expect Ricky to be in the first 2 with Tatiana. The top spots will be angled for Anoop, Jasmine (who I agree will make it unless she goes exorcist on the stage) and Megan. Matt is a wildcard as the judges seem to like him a lot and he could get placed towards the end. Von and Jesse are "river bets" by the judges as they could do well or do terrible. But, they would take Anoop's spot. Jasmine and Megan will have to completely fall apart not to get fawning praise.

Finally, I can't get over the marginal talent that Scott is and how no one seems willing to admit that. I may be one of the handful of Bruce Hornsby fans that actually watch Idol, but Scott's version was terrible. It brought nothing, was dated and lacked any "making it their own" quality. If that exact performance had come from Alex, they would have ripped it to high heaven.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #252
MJ4H
Coordinator

I actually thought Scott was much better tonight than last night.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #253
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I thought Paula's attempt to cover herself for chastising a previous contestant for doing a Hollywood song and then letting this guy off the hook was pretty lame. We saw him do this song in Hollywood. Oddly enough, the first time I'd ever heard this song was during Hollywood week, when I heard roughly 75 different versions of it (or at least, 3-15 seconds of it). I don't even know what the original sounds like.

This oughtta help.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #254
Crim
College Benchwarmer

btw I love Tatiana. Huhlarious.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #255
JeeberD
General Manager

I damn near slit my throat when they let Tatiana back on. I would much rather have had Nick/Norman back on than her...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #256
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I damn near slit my throat when they let Tatiana back on. I would much rather have had Nick/Norman back on than her...

Honestly, she is a better singer by far than Nick/Norman.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #257
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Tatiana didn't surprise me at all, because the wild card is just a mini-version of the top 36, meaning there are the sure-things, the filler, and the jokes. I believe they already know who is going through, and barring a complete collapse by one of the pre-chosen ones, it's already set. I also think Anoop will be one of them.

I'm guessing the decision to put Jesse in at the last moment was based on the voting - if they had gotten 2 girls voted in last night, maybe they don't feel the need to add another girl to the wild card. I don't think it was a "last minute decision" so much as a different person depending on how the voting goes. So they probably had 2 people for that spot, and depending on how the voting played out, one got dropped and the other put in. I don't think there was anything more to it than that.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #258
Ksyrup

Oh and btw, did they really do a group song (which looked/sounded suspiciously lip-synched) with 'PMS' in the lyrics? That's a first for me. Another one I'd never heard.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-05-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #259
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
As for the rest, the 19 who are now eliminated, I'm disappointed only about Mishavonna Henson.

I don't know if you noticed, but she wasn't even there last night. From my count on the DVR recording, there were 20 people in the red room, and that included the 9 that just got cut. So there were only 11 (or maybe 12 if I missed one?) people brought back from the first 2 groups. Also missing that I can remember were Kai, Stevie Wright, Anne Marie - another pre-show favorite - Stephen, and a few others I don't even remember. I guess the budget cuts didn't allow them to fly everyone back.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

Yes, that was our reaction as well.

Quote:
Tatiana didn't surprise me at all, because the wild card is just a mini-version of the top 36, meaning there are the sure-things, the filler, and the jokes. I believe they already know who is going through, and barring a complete collapse by one of the pre-chosen ones, it's already set. I also think Anoop will be one of them.

Same here. I think they put Tatiana in for pure "comedy." I think they know who is going through unless those contestants bomb. I think it will be Jasmine, Megan, and Anoop.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #261
Ksyrup

That's about what I figured. I was only happy to see one person who made it - Jesse - simply because I like her for some reason. I don't think she has much of a chance to make it, unless Megan completely bombs. I guess the plus for her is she is a woman, and I think 2 women are going to make it.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #262
IrishHand
Mascot

It seems pretty obvious to me that they picked multiple people with zero chance of doing well on the show - Von, Jesse, Braddy and Tatiana. The latter is obviously for ratings...she's the biggest nutjob I've seen on the show. I had a doctor friend tell me that she (the doctor) regularly sees far saner people in the psych ward. Von, Jesse and Braddy are all ok singers with, far as I can tell, zero fan base or appeal. Defensible additions to the wildcard show, but zero chance of advancing.

Given the demographics of the current 9 finalists, the remaining options (Megan/Anoop/Matt/Jasmine) pretty much sort themselves out. They painted themselves into a corner with the 6M/3F split and the lack of minorities (both by-products of the new format, which marginalizes the smaller voting blocs). Jasmine clearly doesn't belong in this group based on her atrocious performance, but she's got to be the closest thing to a finals lock in the bunch since she satisfies the two glaring demographic holes. Megan plugs one, she's interesting and the judges seem to love her. I'd give Anoop the edge over Matt.
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #263
Ksyrup

Picture taken at the moment Tatiana was announced as a wild card:

Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That picture is great. I could also hear some loud laughing and "oh no" or something to that effect from the background (I think from contestants) when she was announced and when she was talking.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #265
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Finally, I can't get over the marginal talent that Scott is and how no one seems willing to admit that.

I admit it.

My son was listening to the show, working on his computer with his back to the TV (thus no sympathy factor). He must have said, 'that guy is way off' at least three times. I agree - he should not have been put through. Personally, I was pulling for Ju'not - I may be in the minority, but I really liked his simple, straightforward and under-hyped version of Delilah.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #266
Ksyrup

The Best explanation/conspiracy theory I've heard about Scott is that they want him to get through to the top 10 so he'll make the tour and give them a box office draw/story this summer.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #267
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Best explanation/conspiracy theory I've heard about Scott is that they want him to get through to the top 10 so he'll make the tour and give them a box office draw/story this summer.

Not sure how they will do anything stage wise with him on the show. They had to limit greatly what the guys could do with the group song because he couldn't get up and move around. The guys were on chairs most of the time, some got up, the rest slid over, he never left the chairs.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #268
Easy Mac

What is the point of singing tonight? The judges told Corkrey she sucked tonight, then saying they need her in the competition. Von actually sings decently, and he's all but thrown off the stage. Seriously, are we supposed to believe the judges haven't picked the final 3 yet?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #269
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I was just complaining to my wife about this. This is just a waste of time.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #270
Easy Mac

Meanwhile, Jasmine was not as horrible as last time (but still bad) and she gets a free pass. But, of course, the are low on women, blacks, and attractive women, so...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #271
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Meanwhile, Jasmine was not as horrible as last time (but still bad) and she gets a free pass. But, of course, the are low on women, blacks, and attractive women, so...

WHAT????

Old 03-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #272
MJ4H
Coordinator

Dola

haha she looks like that girl in the planter's commercial that was "intentionally" hideous and guys were walking into walls and crashing cars looking at her.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #273
Easy Mac

So most chose songs they've previously sung. Why did they bitch at Tatiana? Other than her being batshit insane.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #274
MJ4H
Coordinator

I would say since she sang the song that didn't get her put through. Anoop and probably the others (I don't know who else repeated) sang things from before that, like Anoop's was in Hollywood. They were successful with their song the previous time.

Anoop is hilarious singing that song too btw. That was awesome.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #275
Easy Mac

I am shocked Jasmine made it given the parameters outlined above. And now Megab? But they hated her singing tonight. But she is unique
Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #276
sabotai
General Manager

Is unique now used as slang for boring? If so, then yeah, Megan is definitely unique.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #277
Easy Mac

I want to take a stool on the idol stage
Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #278
MJ4H
Coordinator

Noop Dog!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #279
Easy Mac

If Anoop did not make it, I was done for this season. And I am a Duke fan
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #280
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Tonight's version of American Idol was an odd little charade. The idea was to hold a competition among eight decent singers who hadn't quite grabbed the viewers. But it wasn't exactly a competition.

In the end, instead of three new finalists, we gained four. Now are we supposed to believe the judges spontaneously petitioned Fox for an additional elimination round, all in the space of two commercial breaks? I'm not sure. Maybe the American public is dumb enough to buy it. Maybe they just don't care.

All I know is that, right about now, some angry bully is screaming and throwing food at a fat guy. I know this because I've seen the preview for his show 10,000 times in the last couple of weeks. I keep expecting him to break into song, "his father is the District Attorney!"

Fortunately, I've decided to spare myself actually watching his show, so I can entertain you with an abbreviated version of my rankings. No point going into depth when everyone knows the results.

1. Ricky Braddy. It wasn't a great night. Ricky looked ridiculous. And just because you can sing Stevie doesn't mean you should. But it was decent enough, and had he been ordained as a winner prior to the show, the judges would have raved and raved and raved. Maybe the lowest score I've ever given for a night-winner. Score of 80.

2. Matt Giraud. He likes to riff, and it wasn't really a cohesive performance. But he's good at it. I don't think he's quite right for this competition, but the producers seem to want variety and character this season above anything, so here he is in the finals. Score of 73.

3. Jasmine Murray. She could have worn a potato sack and belched God Save the Queen and made it through tonight. Luckily for us, she did an almost-on-key imitation of Christina. I have no idea what she'll do in the finals, other than go home soon, but at least she did the best of the women tonight, so it wasn't a total sham. Score of 68.

4. Megan Corkrey. Katharine McPhee sang this K.T. Tunstall song three years ago on April 14. It was the highlight of season 5. Megan's rendition was just a little odd. And even with her unusual style, it started to get boring when she wasn't moving out of the low register. By far her worst performance, but she was going through anyway so it didn't matter. Score of 65.

5. Von Smith. In every dystopian science fiction movie, there's a lounge singer. That was Von tonight. Score of 59.

6. Anoop Desai. OK, put the guy through who let the backup group do most of the singing, but has a lot of personality. Today, the first contestant on Dancing with the Frat Boys. Score of 57.

7. Jesse Langseth. She had a lot of pitch problems. I think she knows exactly what she wants to be able to do, but just doesn't have the voice. Her lower register is non-existent. Score of 54.

8. Tatiana Del Toro. Jesse had perfect pitch tonight, compared to Tatiana. She was better when she got louder, but I honestly don't see the point of letting her have this opportunity, other than the fact that the finalists were already chosen. Score of 50.

Who went through: Megan Corkrey, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Jasmine Murray.

Who deserved to go through: I would have gone with Megan and Ricky, though I'm not terribly enthusiastic about either performance.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #281
Drake
assmaster

I have gotten enough groan-inducing jokes out of Anoop's name for my kids (If he was Egyptian, he'd be Anoopis. If he was a reformed felon, he'd be turning over Anoop leaf. Etc.) that he is easily my favorite for this season. I'm glad they're bringing him back.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #282
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

I like me some Megan.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #283
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I like me some Megan.

Agreed.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #284
Thomkal
Head Coach

so what was Anoop talking about there at the end of his performance when he asked if he could say something to his college?

Not thrilled with the judges choices even Anoop, but at least he's likeable. So the judges don't want to have to hear them sing songs they've done before? This is Season 8 already, I would have thought they'd figure out by now to forbid the contestants from singing their previous songs. Because once again the judges want it both ways-either you sang the same song and I'm using that as my reason to get rid of you, or you sang the same song, but I like you and want you to do well so I'll just say you sang it better than the first time. It's a cop out either way and annoying to the nth degree after 7 seasons.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #285
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
so what was Anoop talking about there at the end of his performance when he asked if he could say something to his college?

Murder of Eve Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Happened a year ago today.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My DVR cut off the end, can someone sum up for me how we ended up with 4 and not 3?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #287
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My DVR cut off the end, can someone sum up for me how we ended up with 4 and not 3?

Because they make the rules.

They just had Matt and Noop up there and they picked Matt. After that, they told Noop that he was going to be the 13th.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 03-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #288
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

ah I remember now, thanks sabotai.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #289
Ksyrup

Man, was that lame. Picking the 3 who would go through was so easy. I wish we could bet on stuff like that (although I'm sure somewhere you can). And even adding the fourth - I was reading rumors yesterday that there would be a fourth simply because each judge wanted to pick one. Not sure that's exactly how we got there, but it still happened.

This was such a set up from the beginning, and all they had to do was substitute who they wanted versus who got voted in by the public. Even the 3 groupings were staged - why do you think Group 1 was so stacked? Because they knew they would be taking 3 more people from that group and wanted to give them as much time as possible to prepare for wild card night. Why did only Von make it to the wild card from Group 3? Because none of those people ever had a chance at making the wild card with only 1 day to prepare. Aside from who got voted in, they were all fodder.

This show has always been predictable and pandering, but now it's getting no better than the scripted situation comedies I swore off years ago, where I could just complete the joke before the actor on screen said his line. From the focus in the auditions to the pimp spot to the wild card, this whole season has reached new levels of manipulation and rigging. And now starts the crappy part of the show, for me...!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-06-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #290
Ksyrup

Oh, and I forgot to mention Tatiana. She was seriously disturbing last night. The fact that she parrotted Jorge's "when I'm emotional I think in Spanish" thing was..pathological? Dude just said that the night before and the crowd loved him for it, so one night later she lays on a thick accent and cops the same line, as if Jorge never said it? Someone should have greeted her with a straightjacket as she left the studio last night.

AI totally took advantage of an unstable person and put her in as many high drama situations as they could, without regard for her mental well-being. She's got issues. I expect to read tomorrow that AI traded her to The Bachelorette for a box of microphones or something.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #291
IrishHand
Mascot

Part of me is a little surprised that they didn't put Tatiana through. Totally batshit, true...but a ratings whore. I kept telling my wife that I thought she was useless and needed to go, but every time she was on the screen the past two weeks I watched enraptured waiting for the pending train wreck.

And is it just me, or are there a half-dozen people who have basically no shot at going deep into this competition? Kind of a wierd result of the new format imo.
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #292
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHand View Post
Part of me is a little surprised that they didn't put Tatiana through. Totally batshit, true...but a ratings whore. I kept telling my wife that I thought she was useless and needed to go, but every time she was on the screen the past two weeks I watched enraptured waiting for the pending train wreck.

And is it just me, or are there a half-dozen people who have basically no shot at going deep into this competition? Kind of a wierd result of the new format imo.

There are always people that you know have no shot of going deep into this. In 8 weeks (or whatever it is) we will be sitting there looking at a final 4 of Adam, Scott, Lil and Danny...

As for Tatiana going through, I don't know if they wanted to play with that fire, they could bring her back for one more night of drama, but after that I'm not sure they wanted to deal with the potential of her being back for god knows how long.

For the most part, I think people got the top 13 right. 95% of the rabble that was culled I don't want to hear again anyways.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #293
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I think American Idols now equals NBA refs. First, I refuse to believe Ricky chose that song. He makes it to this point on great technical singing and immediately chooses an up-tempo Stevie song when his life is on the line? I have a feeling the Idols producers went to him and said "Hey, Ricky, you can sing Stevie or "It's raining men". Hey, your choice!" Even with the sabotage effort, he was still top 3. It was pretty brutal how the judges did everything possible to limit his exposure and downplay him.

Meanwhile, we have Megan and Scott (last group, not wild card) who were able to give performances that would have been completely shredded had they come from Jesse and Von. Megan was like a drunken Amy Whinehouse doing Karaoke. The entire performance was in the same lower register, she had no vocal range and certainly didn't do anything to "make it her own" (outside of butchering it - I guess that's one way to make it your own).

Von was also significantly better than Jasmine, but got the opposite praise. The Christina "Reflections" song is also the best marginal voice enhancer with the right arrangement. You can set it up to where you only have to hit 2-3 tough notes and there's a pretty big build up to both (so Jasmine could take 7-8 breaths and prepare).

I actually liked Matt and was glad he made it, plus Anoop is atleast entertaining. But, the fact that Megan and Jasmine made it (as everyone predicted) despite marginal to terrible performances shows that the wild card show was simply a formality.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #294
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
There are always people that you know have no shot of going deep into this. In 8 weeks (or whatever it is) we will be sitting there looking at a final 4 of Adam, Scott, Lil and Danny...
If I have to listen to 8-10 weeks of Scott, I am going to break the Tivo button. But, I have a hard time arguing this point.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #295
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
If I have to listen to 8-10 weeks of Scott, I am going to break the Tivo button. But, I have a hard time arguing this point.

Yeah, you'd have to be blind not to see it.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #296
Ksyrup

Quote:
I think American Idols now equals NBA refs. First, I refuse to believe Ricky chose that song. He makes it to this point on great technical singing and immediately chooses an up-tempo Stevie song when his life is on the line? I have a feeling the Idols producers went to him and said "Hey, Ricky, you can sing Stevie or "It's raining men". Hey, your choice!" Even with the sabotage effort, he was still top 3. It was pretty brutal how the judges did everything possible to limit his exposure and downplay him.

Meanwhile, we have Megan and Scott (last group, not wild card) who were able to give performances that would have been completely shredded had they come from Jesse and Von. Megan was like a drunken Amy Whinehouse doing Karaoke. The entire performance was in the same lower register, she had no vocal range and certainly didn't do anything to "make it her own" (outside of butchering it - I guess that's one way to make it your own).

Von was also significantly better than Jasmine, but got the opposite praise. The Christina "Reflections" song is also the best marginal voice enhancer with the right arrangement. You can set it up to where you only have to hit 2-3 tough notes and there's a pretty big build up to both (so Jasmine could take 7-8 breaths and prepare).

I actually liked Matt and was glad he made it, plus Anoop is atleast entertaining. But, the fact that Megan and Jasmine made it (as everyone predicted) despite marginal to terrible performances shows that the wild card show was simply a formality.

Totally agree. Past seasons may have been as structured and pre-planned as this one, but the difference is that this year, it feels insincere. It's like they aren't even bothering to at least pretend the competition isn't slanted one way or another. Giving the pimp spots to the obvious producer choices, adding Kara - who I thought I would like but who I am growing to hate as a corporate shill even more than Paula, who has made some surprisingly clever/astute comments here and there this season - the phony wild card round, etc. It all comes off as if the producers are trying to insult our intelligence and then daring us to turn off the TV.

Even Simon last night directly said, in trying to justify putting Megan through right after her performance clearly didn't warrant it, that they had to "cast" not just a bunch of boring great singers but people with personality. I'm not sure if this is a result of Nigel leaving and the remaining producers failing to appreciate the subtle difference, or if they intend to make it so obvious that people talk about the show because of how pissed it makes them, but whatever it is, the rating are down about 15-25% for most shows and they are coming awfully close to jump the shark territory (as a TV show; the competition itself jumped the shark after a couple of seasons, IMO). Unfortunately for them, what people talk most about now is the show, not the contestants. And I think that's going to hurt them when they crown a champion and try to sell records.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #297
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Totally agree. Past seasons may have been as structured and pre-planned as this one, but the difference is that this year, it feels insincere. It's like they aren't even bothering to at least pretend the competition isn't slanted one way or another. Giving the pimp spots to the obvious producer choices, adding Kara - who I thought I would like but who I am growing to hate as a corporate shill even more than Paula, who has made some surprisingly clever/astute comments here and there this season - the phony wild card round, etc. It all comes off as if the producers are trying to insult our intelligence and then daring us to turn off the TV.

I got this sense as well. We always knew that these singers were corporate puppets, but we weren't reminded of that fact on a constant basis. It seems that this season, the judges have made no bones about speaking directly to where someone fits in the market, what kind of music that person wants to make...er, parrot, and their possible position as a commodity in the industry. That aspect of the show really has been overdone. It really is a game of chicken to see who's going to blink first, the audience leaving in droves after being insulted or the producers who are going to stop with the economic pandering.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #298
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Yeah, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Oh, well played.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #299
Danny
Head Coach

You know what, all the manufactured drama aside, I'm happy with the top 13. I probably would have liked to see Ju'not in there, but other than that there wasn't anybody eliminated that I wish was still in the competition.

I'm glad Anoop made it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #300
Drake
assmaster

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who really dug Ju'not's treatment of that song. It was the only moment I've had so far this season where I went, "Wow. Outstanding."