Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #251
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

figured out how to do the multi-player offline dynasties ... pain in the ass but you can still control up to 12 teams
Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #252
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I have no interest in being a thumb jockey and controlling players, so I bought this game strictly for dynasty, coaching and recruiting. I have to say I'm disappointed to see UCF and Miami of Ohio playing in the 2012 National Championship game. For you experienced players, is there any way to adjust the ratings of the teams or some slider setting to make this more realistic? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but a championship match-up like that should take some years to occur, not in 2012.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #253
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
figured out how to do the multi-player offline dynasties ... pain in the ass but you can still control up to 12 teams

can you share your findings if itīs not the same as before ?

Last edited by whomario : 07-16-2011 at 11:06 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #254
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
my game officially wonīt arrive for the weekend, still "prepared for shipping" (and itīs near 5.30 pm here) ...

If anything is bugged it seems to be Head Coach Prestige (but aparently it doesnīt have much impact outside recruiting and there itīs the same/too high then for everybody).

I actually donīt think ratings/progression is all that bad really. Stats from a guy from the OS forums :

Thereīs 305 guys rated 90+ in the 1st season roster (and i guess most of those are Soph, JR or SRs that were in the base roster) compared to 468 in season 9 going back to 393 in season 11 which indicated that the high mark was partly due to a couple super recruiting classes.
And there is a ton of guys that are barely rated 90+ (199 players in season 11 are 90 or 91)
The weird drop from season 2 to 3 would mean that the sophomores in the base rosters are really lowly rated btw, thatīs a weird drop.

Sure itīs a tad bit strong, but it seems far from catastrophical to me and i could very well see that this is merely a cosmetical problem and doesnīt actually screw with gameplay and simmed results/season stats all that much.
Plus even a 99 rated guy isnīt nescessarily perfect and for a couple positions a 90 rating is very easy to achieve because thereīs few core ratings (linemen, Kickers/Punters).
There seem to be too many outstanding quarterbacks though.

Iīm definitely willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

My concern would be with the parity in the game. College football isn't necessarily built like the NFL where a bottom half team has a good shot to beat a top team every week. If there are more 80-90+ players out there, it means that a lot of the mid-tier schools are getting the trickle down and are much more competitive.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't want a top 10 team to only have a slight talent advantage over a team in the 40-50 range. I guess it's not a dealbreaker per say, but it's something I'd be worried about.

My other concern is where these players are showing up. Are all the startng QBs rated highly later on? Is this a positional thing or overall? If the rating increase is universal for all positions, you'd think it'd be an easier fix for them. Simply lower the incoming freshment by a percent or dampen the development by a certain percent.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #255
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tweaked the sliders some more to try and get the passing game on par with the running game and found an interesting theory on pass rush/protection that actually seems to work quite well. Basically you jack up the pass pro ratings to make the O-Line smarter when picking up twists, stunts and blitzes and then jack the pass rush settings up even higher to make the Oline work harder. The sacks are in line with the skill in the trenches. The most I have had over 7 games is 6 when there is a big talent disparity and have had some games with only 0 or 1 by either the CPU or my controlled team with a good Oline.

Also experimented with a lower speed threshold due to the lowering the pass coverage slider as I don't want the long ball to become a money exploit and this allows speedy corners and safeties to close better when the ball is in the air, in fact I am actually completing less long balls now and more short to intermediate.

Changes bolded
AA - 8 minute Quarters
Game speed - Normal
Speed Threshold - 15

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 35 / 35
Pass blk - 70 / 70
WR cat - 65 / 65
RB skill - 60 / 65
Run Blk - 60 / 55
Coverage - 30 / 25
Pass rush - 90 / 80
Int - 25 / 20
Run Def - 50 / 50
Tackling - 40 / 40
FG Pow - 45 / 50
FG acc - 35 / 35
Punt Pow - 50 / 50
Punt acc - 40 / 55
KP - 45 / 50

Example of a game I should win

Oregon (me) 49 San Jose State 7
First Downs: 14 / 7
Rushing: 36-246 yds / 31-66 yards
Passing: 14-26 279 yds / 7-20 76 yards
Int thrown: 2 / 1
Sacks allowed: 0 / 1 (Pressure caused their QB to scramble and throw bad balls resulting in a lower completion percentage, but it looked realistic watching replays)

James ran for 157 yards on 23 carries for the Ducks and Darron Thomas added 86 yards on 11 carries.

I also played a game I should lose (Rice vs FSU) and an even game (BYU vs Utah) and stats were also very much in line.

If a couple of people would like to give these updated sliders a try and post results/feedback I would be interested to see how much is the sliders and how much is just my skill level (average at best) at the game.

I am running a test dynasty now with BYU and will post more results with these sliders.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #256
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
can you share your findings if itīs not the same as before ?

From what I found so far ... you can pick one existing coach ... go through and start the dynasty like normal ... then go to the coaches tab, click on coach info, the (for XB) hit the RB to create a new coach ... you can do 12 total

Haven't figured out a way to control more than one existing coach though so you have 11 D- prestige coaches
Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #257
BYU 14
Coordinator

What is everyone using for Passing Sliders on AA

The results for the running game with my sliders above are great, sacks and time to throw are solid, interceptions are good, but completion percentage is too low.

So what are your sliders for pass coverage, QB accuracy and receiver catching?
Old 07-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #258
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Tweaked the sliders some more to try and get the passing game on par with the running game and found an interesting theory on pass rush/protection that actually seems to work quite well. Basically you jack up the pass pro ratings to make the O-Line smarter when picking up twists, stunts and blitzes and then jack the pass rush settings up even higher to make the Oline work harder. The sacks are in line with the skill in the trenches. The most I have had over 7 games is 6 when there is a big talent disparity and have had some games with only 0 or 1 by either the CPU or my controlled team with a good Oline.

Also experimented with a lower speed threshold due to the lowering the pass coverage slider as I don't want the long ball to become a money exploit and this allows speedy corners and safeties to close better when the ball is in the air, in fact I am actually completing less long balls now and more short to intermediate.

Changes bolded
AA - 8 minute Quarters
Game speed - Normal
Speed Threshold - 15

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 35 / 35
Pass blk - 70 / 70
WR cat - 65 / 65
RB skill - 60 / 65
Run Blk - 60 / 55
Coverage - 30 / 25
Pass rush - 90 / 80
Int - 25 / 20
Run Def - 50 / 50
Tackling - 40 / 40
FG Pow - 45 / 50
FG acc - 35 / 35
Punt Pow - 50 / 50
Punt acc - 40 / 55
KP - 45 / 50

Example of a game I should win

Oregon (me) 49 San Jose State 7
First Downs: 14 / 7
Rushing: 36-246 yds / 31-66 yards
Passing: 14-26 279 yds / 7-20 76 yards
Int thrown: 2 / 1
Sacks allowed: 0 / 1 (Pressure caused their QB to scramble and throw bad balls resulting in a lower completion percentage, but it looked realistic watching replays)

James ran for 157 yards on 23 carries for the Ducks and Darron Thomas added 86 yards on 11 carries.

I also played a game I should lose (Rice vs FSU) and an even game (BYU vs Utah) and stats were also very much in line.

If a couple of people would like to give these updated sliders a try and post results/feedback I would be interested to see how much is the sliders and how much is just my skill level (average at best) at the game.

I am running a test dynasty now with BYU and will post more results with these sliders.

Going to take a run at these sliders tonight and will post results.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #259
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Going to take a run at these sliders tonight and will post results.

Be interested in your results DT. One last change is put game speed to slow. Makes the play a lot more fluid and has solved the passing issues for me, making stats more realistic without needing to tweak anything.

Playing the Holy War now against Utah in my first game on slow with these sliders. I will post the stats when I am done.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - I'll take a run at a few games in an hour or so...after Argentina-Uruguay game is done
Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #261
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay - I'll take a run at a few games in an hour or so...after Argentina-Uruguay game is done

Sounds good just finished the Holy War. One last thing. Playing on slow makes the speed threshold much more noticeable, so I would say 25-30 is the sweet spot on slow setting. I changed to 25 mid game and I think things are pretty much spot on for my skill level and in the way the game plays.

The Utah game was a great contest, they controlled the ball early and dominated in number of plays in the first half, but only led 13-7 as the defense stiffened up in the Red Zone. I took a 14-13 lead on a nice drive in the third and it stayed that way until Sausen Shakerin (Should be Harvey Langi since Shakes is done with Football due to injuries) popped a 75 scamper off tackle and the Utes went up 21-14 after the 2 point conversion. (I am playing dynasty so I am the OC only at this point, the CPU calls the D)

After an exchange of punts I put another good drive together, but threw into double coverage in the red zone and it went house to give the Utes the win 28-14 in a very disappointing finish, that was a typical BYU/Utah slugfest until that point.

Stats
First downs
BYU 14 - Utah 17

Yards Rushing
BYU 22-85 - Utah 37-212 (That big run killed me)

Yards Passing
BYU 18-33 233 yards 1 TD, 1 Int - Utah 18-27 232 yards 1 TD

Turnovers
BYU 1 Fum, 1 Int - Utah N/A

Sacks allowed
BYU 3 - Utah 1 (Wynn made great decisions to scramble as well)

So with that I think I am happy with these sliders and I will play this dynasty as a test for another week or so to check recruiting as well as make any adjustments on feedback from anyone using these.

Final Sliders (Changes Bolded)
AA - 8 minute Quarters
Game speed - Slow
Speed Threshold - 25

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 35 / 35
Pass blk - 70 / 70
WR cat - 65 / 65
RB skill - 60 / 65
Run Blk - 60 / 55
Coverage - 30 / 25
Pass rush - 90 / 80
Int - 25 / 20
Run Def - 50 / 50
Tackling - 40 / 40
FG Pow - 45 / 50
FG acc - 35 / 35
Punt Pow - 50 / 50
Punt acc - 40 / 55
KP - 45 / 50

For penalties I bump offsides, false start and holding up 5, bump Off/Def pass interference as well as KR interference to 100 and leave the rest at default.

Substitutions I change game to game, with the exception of the QB who is always 40-60

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #262
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool - will play using those in another half hour or so when this soccer game is done.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #263
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Base sliders are working pretty good for me, to be honest. Not seeing the massive amounts of interceptions or any other number that pops out as "what were they thinking?". I'm sure I'll be making tweaks but from the day 1 results they seem to be far better than NCAA 11.

My recruiting on year one is quite interesting, as Florida I'm recruiting some 4* and even a few 3* guys. In past versions I would be targetting almost all 5* players, and would only grab a few 4* ones to fill in the holes. Seems like the initial talent pool is considerably lower.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Not sure bout these sliders after this first game...maybe I'm just real good at defending against Spread offenses?

BC vs. #5 Oregon (game I should get crushed in)

Team Stats (Oregon - BC)

Score: 17-35
First Downs: 11-20
Total Offense: 195-403
Rushes-Yds-TD: 21-34-0 (Oregon), 42-170-1 (BC)
Comp-Att-TD: 14-26-1 (Oregon), 17-28-4 (BC)
Passing Yards: 161-233
3rd Down Conversions: 0%-58%
Turnovers: 4-4
Fumbles Lost: 1-1
INTs: 3-3
PR Yds: 7-20
KR Yds: 129-90
Total Yds: 331-513
Penalties-Yds: 3-35 (Oregon), 5-48 (BC)
TOP: 10:42-21:18
Old 07-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #265
bhlloy
Coordinator

Spread offenses were completely broken in 11 and I think I remember reading they were broken again in 12. Which is really not good considering they are the in thing in college football right now.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #266
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure bout these sliders after this first game...maybe I'm just real good at defending against Spread offenses?

BC vs. #5 Oregon (game I should get crushed in)

Team Stats (Oregon - BC)

Score: 17-35
First Downs: 11-20
Total Offense: 195-403
Rushes-Yds-TD: 21-34-0 (Oregon), 42-170-1 (BC)
Comp-Att-TD: 14-26-1 (Oregon), 17-28-4 (BC)
Passing Yards: 161-233
3rd Down Conversions: 0%-58%
Turnovers: 4-4
Fumbles Lost: 1-1
INTs: 3-3
PR Yds: 7-20
KR Yds: 129-90
Total Yds: 331-513
Penalties-Yds: 3-35 (Oregon), 5-48 (BC)
TOP: 10:42-21:18

Ugh, I hope I am just not that bad of a player.

I will say though that the perimeter running teams are easier to defend than the downhill running teams. Try a game against Wisconsin and if the results are the same I need to get out of the slider business
Old 07-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #267
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ugh, I hope I am just not that bad of a player.

I will say though that the perimeter running teams are easier to defend than the downhill running teams. Try a game against Wisconsin and if the results are the same I need to get out of the slider business

Very true...will do that later
Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #268
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Played my first Coach Mode game today, a nice breath of fresh air. Really enjoyed it and hoping to develop some nice sliders.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #269
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Spread offenses were completely broken in 11 and I think I remember reading they were broken again in 12. Which is really not good considering they are the in thing in college football right now.

I don't think they were completely broken in 11. The read option and QB wrap plays did not handle blocking assignements correctly, which screwed up the read and the running game was at times difficult because the hand off animation took too long. The draw and most inside runs did work really well if the D was in a pass heavy defense. So partially broken would be fair.

In 12 the run game is much better out of the SG and the read options are for the most part blocking correctly. There is a little problem with good or athletic Defensive Ends crashing down on the RB and still being able to pull away and get the QB on the keeper, which is not how it is supposed to work. Also, some of they O line behavior is problematic on option plays when blocking defenders that are not on the line of scrimmage when they blitz. Although you can still move the ball on option plays.

All in all you can run great spread offenses and they are in fact some of the most productive in the game. Now if you want to run Oregons offense just like they do it in real life, then you probably will be upset.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 07-17-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #270
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Although you can still move the ball on option plays.

All in all you can run great spread offenses and they are in fact some of the most productive in the game. Now if you want to run Oregons offense just like they do it in real life, then you probably will be upset.

just wanted to point out that the real problem allways was the fact that the CPU couldnīt run or wasnīt able to use the spread and/or option offenses, iīm very interested if thatīs still the case ?
The user can in most cases "work things out" to a point, but the CPU is allways only as good as what EA delivers.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #271
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
just wanted to point out that the real problem allways was the fact that the CPU couldnīt run or wasnīt able to use the spread and/or option offenses, iīm very interested if thatīs still the case ?
The user can in most cases "work things out" to a point, but the CPU is allways only as good as what EA delivers.

This. I'm sorry, there's no way the AI running the spread option wasn't completely broken in 11. I could hold Oregon to negative rushing yardage every single time I played them - I had to sim those games otherwise it wasn't even close to fair. Of course the user can do better but it doesn't mean shit if the AI goes backwards 5 yards on every play.

If that's fixed in 12 cool (I won't pick it up for a while), but DT's post certainly doesn't suggest it is, in fact it looks exactly like 11.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #272
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have a set of sliders I picked up off of the OS boards that I am having a good time with. I haven't played anyone like Oregon yet so I will fire up. These sliders have made it really tough on me so far to the point where my current Ohio State dynasty I actually lost 31-10 @ Miami(it is pretty unusual for the CPU to be able to defeat me on any sliders).

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-18-2011 at 08:16 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #273
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I stopped just shy of a half.

Oregan carried 15 times for 130 yards and a TD although this is skewed by a 97 yard TD run. The QB was 4-10 for 30 yards. Not great here by any stretch.

I will say Oregan came out in a 4 WR 1 TE set on one drive on first down. They got a first down on the pass and then no huddled into a one back set and handed the ball off to their TE for 3 straight plays. That was odd to say the least.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-18-2011 at 08:52 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #274
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'll try a non-Oregon game tonight...I have a feeling it will be much harder - although that just irritates me that spread offenses are borked so much. Is it that hard for them to go "okay...spread offenses can confuse defenses...give every defender a hit to their "play anticipation" rating?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #275
The Jackal
Coordinator

I haven't made a decision on buying this game this year as of yet. Can I ask what speed setting you are using DT?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #276
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I haven't made a decision on buying this game this year as of yet. Can I ask what speed setting you are using DT?

Whatever BYU said - I think it was slow/25?

My thought would be that a higher speed setting might speed up the CPU players, but it would also speed up my defenders too, right? So it'd in effect neutralize.

Interesting idea though.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #277
The Jackal
Coordinator

I remember last year I pretty much always went with between 0-5. It makes the guys that are supposed to be really fast -that- much faster in the open field. If you miss a tackle against a spread offense that guy is going to be gone, instead of caught from behind going sideways. That made it seem more realistic to me.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #278
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Whatever BYU said - I think it was slow/25?

My thought would be that a higher speed setting might speed up the CPU players, but it would also speed up my defenders too, right? So it'd in effect neutralize.

Interesting idea though.

25 seems to be the sweet spot this year. A higher setting doesn't speed the players up, just decreases the speed difference between fast/slow players.

When I was playing on slow 15, you could really see the difference when a speedy RB would hit the edge and just fly past the DE. With 25 you won't have D-linemen or slower LBers running down anyone from behind, but you also won't see guys that are a 95 in speed pulling away from 90 speed guys either. Over 40 yards they might gain a couple of steps on them.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #279
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I enjoy that it's not an interception fest this year, and not every pass goes for 30+ yards.

I've seen a few punt returns, some very tiny and a couple of big ones that broke through.

From the base sliders I'd probably increase the pass rush a bit more, they don't seem to break through the line at all.

I'm still really really impressed at how this game plays football, seems to me like there's the potential for the best on-field action in any EA football game.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #280
Izulde
Head Coach

I every time I don't see NCAA Football '12 in my mailbox. It'll be here sometime this week.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #281
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I actually got a punt block in a game I was playing. I had the other team punting from their own 2, so I sent the rush. They got in and blocked the kick for a safety. I never blocked a punt in '11.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #282
korme
Go Reds

This game lags like crazy
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

BYU, I've played a few games with your sliders and find them to be very good for my skill level. I might bump up the RB ability a bit for spread teams just to help them out, but otherwise, I think these are what I'm going with for my dynasty. I love that defense is back. Just had a defensive slugfest with me controlling USC vs Auburn.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #284
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
BYU, I've played a few games with your sliders and find them to be very good for my skill level. I might bump up the RB ability a bit for spread teams just to help them out, but otherwise, I think these are what I'm going with for my dynasty. I love that defense is back. Just had a defensive slugfest with me controlling USC vs Auburn.

Thanks EF, glad they are working out for you. I am finally happy with the passing game as I can complete 55-60% now and a good CPU QB will sometimes get over 60%

I am with you on the spread teams, things just seem to develop too slow and the defense defends the speed and read options far too effectively. I was thinking about bumping down run defense when I play a spread option team. It stinks to have to tailor sliders on your opponent, but I would rather do that than hold Oregon to under 100 yards, then have lesser teams that run downhill more get 150+ on me.

Hopefully EA tunes the way AI controlled players defend the option. Even if they could just tune the DE's to honor their initial commitment (QB or RB) for a second longer it would make a big difference. Let me know if you find any additional tweaks that improve things.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #285
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I still do not experience the lag others are complaining about....I have been playing the hell out of this game.

I am using BYU's sliders and things are great for me...
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #286
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I every time I don't see NCAA Football '12 in my mailbox. It'll be here sometime this week.

Haha.. me too.. damn free super saver shipping.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #287
ColtCrazy
College Starter

After really enjoying my high school career in RTG, I'm seriously wondering about my college career. I ended up going to IU despite several offers from big schools. After winning week 1, we lose to Virginia thanks to some horrendous clock management and play calling. Down 13-10 with a minute left, we have second and goal from the 5. The play is some sort of complicated play action boot screen. Of course I get sacked before I can even set up. Knocks us back, we miss the field goal and lose. WTF? This ignores the fact we had the ball midfield before the half with a minute and a timeout and I get 3 straight running calls. Love the game, but can't play this mode if this continues.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #288
Izulde
Head Coach

My copy came today but won't get a chance to play until tomorrow.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #289
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
After really enjoying my high school career in RTG, I'm seriously wondering about my college career. I ended up going to IU despite several offers from big schools. After winning week 1, we lose to Virginia thanks to some horrendous clock management and play calling. Down 13-10 with a minute left, we have second and goal from the 5. The play is some sort of complicated play action boot screen. Of course I get sacked before I can even set up. Knocks us back, we miss the field goal and lose. WTF? This ignores the fact we had the ball midfield before the half with a minute and a timeout and I get 3 straight running calls. Love the game, but can't play this mode if this continues.

I have no clue if that kind of play would be a regular occurrence, but honestly there has been FAR worse play calls on a regular basis in real life than that one on 2nd and 5 with less than a minute left. I am having no difficulty at all imagining a play like that being called in real life.

The halftime one is a bit worse, but again also I can totally see conservative coaches pulling that kind of move.

This all assumes that these are relatively isolated occurrences, which is almost certainly not the case. But I would not get completely worked up yet...
Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #290
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Well if you'd win some games you would get to audible
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #291
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

But, according to Wayne Fontes, your back can go the distance at any time.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #292
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
This ignores the fact we had the ball midfield before the half with a minute and a timeout and I get 3 straight running calls. Love the game, but can't play this mode if this continues.

I think its part of a series of bugs. I was a freshman RTG QB for Memphis and every time our team was down and needed to score at the end of the first or second half, the computer called running plays as if it wanted to run out the clock. OK, so maybe its just a conservative coach to run out the first half, but to have no timeouts left, down 3 points with 1 minute left, and the computer calls 4(!) straight runs at midfield? I can't describe how pissed off I was. I understand you at last, Keyshawn Johnson.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #293
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Really liking it so far, beat Miami U 30-3 in the opener, can't wait to play some more this weekend.

Gameplay is really solid.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #294
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Well if you'd win some games you would get to audible

Remember, I did say I was playing at IU.

It's gotten better. The play calling is still questionable at crush time, but I'm up to where I can hot route at home and switch up to 5 plays a game...though when it says you get 3 extra options, its really 2 because one is the original play. I'm at 5-4 with IU and I'm playing decently well as a freshman. One loss is my own stupidity at the end if the game to go for it on fourth (if you go no huddle you get to repeat the last play), one was the game I mentioned earlier, and two others were IU simply getting whipped. I should go bowl eligible and be in good shape for ny sophomore year.

But yes, RPI, I remember many a Ron Meier coached Colts team running in third and long for no apparent reason so maybe the puzzling play calling can be explained. Still, that stupid play action screen has to be the slowest developing play ever. Even in practice, I get sacked during the animation.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #295
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Haha.. me too.. damn free super saver shipping.

I ordered mine the night before it came out with super saver shipping and it arrived last Friday. Huh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #296
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I ordered mine the night before it came out with super saver shipping and it arrived last Friday. Huh.

Depends on what locations those items ship from. I've had super saver items arrive in two days before. I've also had 7-8 day waits.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #297
Kodos
Resident Alien

Amazon Prime rocks.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #298
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Not me, I had to wait for a trade in to register.

I'm not really complaining, mine came a day earlier than expected!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-20-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #299
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

So what's the consensus? I liked last year's game and I've heard the gameplay is great this year...

But hated how OL stats were not consistent in/out of games being played versus simmed. I know this hasn't been fixed and likely never will, but I'm curious if it effects recruiting and/or awards.

I've heard the coaching carousel feature has coaches progressing like crazy.

Is the AI recruiting enough at each position?

Will recruited skill position players actually wear numbers 1-19 other than QB and K/P?

Is static conference prestige an issue? I've heard that one being mentioned...

I know there are some others I've heard and it's tough to get straight answers this early at OS.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #300
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
This game lags like crazy

Online, or solo play? I found bumping down to 720p from 1080p made a real difference. Not nearly as many hiccups in limited play since I made the change.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote