Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #3151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
I've had a lot of fun with it. Check out a let's play to see if it's for you. It's th sort of game where you'll gt your $10-15 worth. But th scenarios can seem somewhat similar after a while. You might only come back to play the game every few months.

Planet of the Apes

I bought it and killed everyone with my MACK-6 virus! On easy of course!

Pretty cool game!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #3152
oykib
College Starter

I think my 'e' key had a virus.

Oddly, I think I've had the most fun playing Plague Inc. when I've been sick.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #3153
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

haha oykib...

What about Card Dungeon? Another fun looking game I think I'm going to try out today.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #3154
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

For $9 I purchased Card Dungeon.. fun little game! Very addicting!

I love how it saves after each turn, so if you quit, when you come back you can just continue where you left off without the fuss.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #3155
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I pre-ordered the Steam Controller and Link over the weekend, which I'm really stoked about. However, in Canada they are ordered through EB Games and the stupid default shipping option is 10 days. I wasn't prepared to pay an extra $17 for 1-2 day delivery so I stuck with it. 10 days?! Pretty lame.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #3156
Schmidty
Coordinator

I finally nabbed FM15 yesterday for 16.99. I couldn't say no.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #3157
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I finally nabbed FM15 yesterday for 16.99. I couldn't say no.

the same
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #3158
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst View Post
the same

Me, too.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #3159
Izulde
Head Coach

I forgot to buy. Oof.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #3160
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I forgot to buy. Oof.

Summer sale starts Thursday so the deal may be back up again soon.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #3161
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Me three
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #3162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have been thinking about saving up for a new laptop this year but am seriously tempted on going for an Alienware Steam Machine. My current laptop still works fine for online, finances and research so it may make sense to get a Steam Machine instead. Something to use just for gaming, and doing so on the TV could also eliminate any temptation to going to either an X-Box One or PS4.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #3163
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Have been thinking about saving up for a new laptop this year but am seriously tempted on going for an Alienware Steam Machine. My current laptop still works fine for online, finances and research so it may make sense to get a Steam Machine instead. Something to use just for gaming, and doing so on the TV could also eliminate any temptation to going to either an X-Box One or PS4.

I'm renovating my basement and putting in a home theater area. Still going to have a PS4, but thinking about picking up the Alienware box just so I can play all Steam games down there too.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #3164
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm renovating my basement and putting in a home theater area. Still going to have a PS4, but thinking about picking up the Alienware box just so I can play all Steam games down there too.

I'd come visit the winery and endure all measure of Royals talk to check that out.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #3165
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'd come visit the winery and endure all measure of Royals talk to check that out.

Going to do reflective paint on the wall. Just under a 10' screen with a 1080p projector. I'm pretty giddy.

In return, my wife gets to do whatever she wants in the rest of the basement.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #3166
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In return, my wife gets to do whomever she wants in the rest of the basement.

That's a serious trade off....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #3167
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Going to do reflective paint on the wall. Just under a 10' screen with a 1080p projector. I'm pretty giddy.

In return, my wife gets to do whatever she wants in the rest of the basement.

I love my projector. Big screen and so much easier to move than a TV. Hope you got a good surround sound system to go with it.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #3168
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm a big projector fan as well. The one I got was a Viewsonic. It produces a screen over 100 inches with outstanding clarity, and is said to be capable of up to 300 inches. The bulb has lasted well over 10,000 hours and the whole setup only cost about 500 dollars to put together. I would get a projector over a TV in almost any case given my experience with this one. Makes the prospect of a steam box a very enticing one, especially given my new found interest in computer gaming.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #3169
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

For everyone thinking about getting a Steam Machine, I think it's worth noting that all of the upcoming Steam Machines run SteamOS, as far as I have heard. That basically means a huge amount of top games would not be playable without manually swapping out the OS on the box.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 06-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #3170
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I haven't researched them enough to see what has changed, but I built my own gaming living room PC after it seemed like they were going to be SteamOS. Which meant to me I either stream from another gaming system(defeating the purpose) or I'm only playing games with a Linux flavor.

Very happy with the PC I put together though. Not much larger than a toaster, has a fraction of the noise level of my PS4/Xbox One and is significantly more powerful than both.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-09-2015 at 09:40 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #3171
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Alpha steam machine I have is nice but it does get kind of hot. When I bought it they had a decent price point going on the entry level one so I just bought that and upgraded the Ram and got an SSD. Pretty sure the steamOS one coming out is largely the same as the one I already have. I kinda figure that if something like this takes off, the graphical capacity should be fine for awhile as companies would want to make games playable on it at a decent level. Upgrading is easy, just took a second.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #3172
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola, graphics not upgradeable but you can upgrade the processor, ram, hdd
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #3173
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Don't buy a Steam Machine | The Verge

Old 06-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #3174
Shoveler
High School Varsity

If you already have a good PC, any reason not to consider going with the steam link?

Granted you are streaming off of your computer over the network..

Curious how well that will work, will definitely need to see some reviews in the future before even considering this option.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #3175
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well you can test that now if you have a laptop or some crummy computer lying around. Before I built my PC I had a laptop streaming from gaming PC. Anything with a Steam client can act as a link.

Works better than you'd think, but you still can tell it's being streamed. Slight latency with the controls and the occasional compression artifacts. My biggest complaint was surround sound wasn't supported, I'd have to imagine they fix that at some point in time.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-09-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #3176
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Curious how well that will work, will definitely need to see some reviews in the future before even considering this option.

I ordered the Link along with the controller to use with my Surface Pro 2, and I will definitely post my results here when it arrives in October. If anything my results will probably be on the bad side because my SP2 isn't exactly a gaming rig and it will be talking wirelessly to the Link (not over Ethernet).
Old 06-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #3177
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Rutro, Steam summer sale starts tomorrow.. Personally I'm watching for a deal on Fof.. Among other things..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #3178
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Pillars of Eternity tops my list for the summer sale. But I have 30 things on my Wishlist I'll jump on if the price is right.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #3179
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Pillars of Eternity tops my list for the summer sale. But I have 30 things on my Wishlist I'll jump on if the price is right.

It's the best game I've played in a long time. I paid full price (which I never do) and I haven't regretted it once.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #3180
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post

Ditto.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #3181
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Rutro, Steam summer sale starts tomorrow.. Personally I'm watching for a deal on Fof.. Among other things..

I'm hopeful that I will be selected for a one-day featured product sale, which will get me millions of eyeballs that otherwise would never have seen the game. A bit scary, because I've never participated in any significant type of sale before.

But, yes, FOF will be 15% off during the entire sale period.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #3182
mckerney
Coordinator

Pillars of Eternity is a must buy, I'd also recommend looking for a sale on Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a gorgeous and challenging metroidvania and ranks second for my early GOTY behind Life is Strange.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #3183
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'm hopeful that I will be selected for a one-day featured product sale, which will get me millions of eyeballs that otherwise would never have seen the game. A bit scary, because I've never participated in any significant type of sale before.

But, yes, FOF will be 15% off during the entire sale period.

Best of luck.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #3184
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I bought my roommate Ori and she loved the hell out of it.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #3185
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I find Pillars of Eternity bland and boring, and thought Divinity Original Sin was much more entertaining, but I appear to be in a small minority.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #3186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I find Pillars of Eternity bland and boring, and thought Divinity Original Sin was much more entertaining, but I appear to be in a small minority.

I am confuzzled.

Finding D: OS better is nothing. I get that. I've put more time into Tales of Maj'Eyal in the last two weeks (82 hours)that I did into Pillars's entire time (40). But that don't mean that I'm calling Pillars "bland and boring". It's far from it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #3187
Ramzavail
College Starter

I can't get into ToME. Maybe I need to try again.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #3188
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I am confuzzled.

Finding D: OS better is nothing. I get that. I've put more time into Tales of Maj'Eyal in the last two weeks (82 hours)that I did into Pillars's entire time (40). But that don't mean that I'm calling Pillars "bland and boring". It's far from it.

Well, I don't mean to suggest that you or anybody else shouldn't be enjoying it, or that it doesn't deserve the praise it's getting, it's just not my flavor of RPG. I find the combat wonky and boring, as you can seemingly choose between over-involved hyper-pausing or apathetic auto-battling, with neither extreme giving me that much of a feeling of control or involvement. Likewise I find exploration way too static and slow: creep around all borders of square map, fill in blank spaces, repeat. Basically, it just moves too slow for me, but my attention span for RPGs appears to be shrinking (which is why I love the aforementioned ToME)
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #3189
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sorcerer King is almost finished and one hell of a 4x game!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #3190
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Well, I don't mean to suggest that you or anybody else shouldn't be enjoying it, or that it doesn't deserve the praise it's getting, it's just not my flavor of RPG. I find the combat wonky and boring, as you can seemingly choose between over-involved hyper-pausing or apathetic auto-battling, with neither extreme giving me that much of a feeling of control or involvement. Likewise I find exploration way too static and slow: creep around all borders of square map, fill in blank spaces, repeat. Basically, it just moves too slow for me, but my attention span for RPGs appears to be shrinking (which is why I love the aforementioned ToME)

I guess I almost feel like it's a fantasy novel that I'm involved in the outcome. I read all of the stuff, even the magical item. There is a lot of love put into this game and I appreciate it. It's not just explosions and cut-scenes.

Best RPG since Divinity: OS.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #3191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I had thought that this steam sale would likely pass by without me getting anything, but then, just minutes ago, I just found a 20 wallet code from 2012. Have NO memory of how I got it, but into the wallet it went an an opportune time.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #3192
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I finally uploaded all the unused steam cards I had laying around...Entering the Steam summer sale with 120 bucks in my wallet.....

Good thing I saved them...Being on medical i'd just be a poor bystander crying on the sidelines.....
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #3193
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

When does the sale start?
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #3194
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Today supposedly. 1EST usually
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #3195
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
I finally uploaded all the unused steam cards I had laying around...Entering the Steam summer sale with 120 bucks in my wallet.....

Good thing I saved them...Being on medical i'd just be a poor bystander crying on the sidelines.....

Wait. You can use those Steam cards to get some sort of Steam monies or credit?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #3196
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Wait. You can use those Steam cards to get some sort of Steam monies or credit?

He's talking about the Steam Wallet Cards. Like the ones you buy at Gamestop, etc.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #3197
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I played Pillars of Eternity for about 8 hours one day. I enjoyed it, but haven't gone back to it. That was a few months ago now.

I have played about 90 hours worth of Divinity: Original Sin. I really like it. I am playing co-op with a buddy of mine. I'm not sure if I would like as much playing alone, but we have a blast. We don't get to play it that often. It's almost been a year now since we started.

Currently, I'm also playing Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Me and three friends play it co-op a couple of nights each week. It's a lot of fun. We have some crashing issues from time to time, but nothing too bad.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #3198
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
He's talking about the Steam Wallet Cards. Like the ones you buy at Gamestop, etc.

Ah. Phew! I have a friend of mine who I give all of those Steam card things away to all of the time. There was about to be some 'splainin' to do!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #3199
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Ah. Phew! I have a friend of mine who I give all of those Steam card things away to all of the time. There was about to be some 'splainin' to do!!!

But it should be noted that the next few days are the best time to sell the cards you collect on Steam if you're looking for a few extra dollars to spend. Prices are always best during the sales.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-11-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #3200
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
But it should be noted that the next few days are the best time to sell the cards you collect on Steam if you're looking for a few extra dollars to spend. Prices are always best during the sales.

It's too late! I've already "traded" all of them to my buddy.