Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #3251
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

To reiterate what I said earlier about the exhaustion stuff..

Quote:
Status – Exhausted

Exhaustion places a person at a disadvantage for all attacks. Further some actions may have a slight chance of failure if you are exhausted. You may only have one status Exhausted at a time. If you continue to push yourself, you simply remain exhausted.

Anytime you take an action at night, you become exhausted.

A player may choose to "Stay Awake" by PM’ing the GM. That night he will also gain a trait of "Resistant" since he'll see any Spawn coming. Someone who is already exhausted may not take advantage of "Stay Awake".

Exhaustion can be healed after one night of undisturbed rest. Undisturbed rest is defined as not taking an action. Spawn who attack have a small chance of becoming exhausted (which is increased any time there is a Spawnling attack, especially for those who performed the attack).

The way I read that is the default state for a spawn after an attack is rested... but no member of our crew should be rested after tonight with the possible exception of our Slayer role... Whomever is the slayer might want to consider not using it tonight so you don't get mistaken for a spawn.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #3252
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Keep in mind what I said earlier.. People who were spawnlings at latest become spawn tommorrow.. so still chance on people switching sides..

Second not all spawn know who each other are.. so they in some cases vote just as blindly as we do.

As I mentioned during our earlier debates, I think early voting records are fairly meaningless in this game.. I don't think anyone should put too much emphasis on them.

Well, the eldest three spawn would all know who the others are. Do you think there were more than three spawn left after today? Further, especially in the case of Telle, we have to remember the probability game -- how much would the wolves want to vote for someone with such a good chance of being a spawn or spawnling? Not going to lie, I think the sequence of votes on Day 3 is useful -- of course, it puts me in a good light but I was RIGHT, so I'll toot my own horn a little :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #3253
Tyrith
College Starter

Alan, I'm pretty sure someone who doesn't sleep will still wind up exhausted, spawn, slayer, or otherwise. The exhaustion for spawn thing just works the opposite -- them showing up exhausted would they shouldn't is a sign that they could be troublemakers. I highly doubt it works in reverse.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #3254
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, if the slave pen is repaired tonight and I'm still alive tommorrow then I'll kill off the slaves.. if I die over night I assume kwhit will kill off the slaves tommorrow..

At this point I feel that I did everything as captain to help us win that I could in my role.. so if I die once the slaves are dead, I'll consider it a personal victory.

Of course I will.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #3255
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Well, the eldest three spawn would all know who the others are. Do you think there were more than three spawn left after today? Further, especially in the case of Telle, we have to remember the probability game -- how much would the wolves want to vote for someone with such a good chance of being a spawn or spawnling? Not going to lie, I think the sequence of votes on Day 3 is useful -- of course, it puts me in a good light but I was RIGHT, so I'll toot my own horn a little :P

I think it is possible that either or both Telle and LSG got infected while outside the planet, so because of that they wouldn't necessarily be known by the spawn council. Barkeep listed both Telle and LSG as simple spawn in the death list, but I'm not sure if he would fully list spawn with other roles (such as spawn queen) or if he would also list them just as a spawn.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #3256
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I'm pretty sure someone who doesn't sleep will still wind up exhausted, spawn, slayer, or otherwise. The exhaustion for spawn thing just works the opposite -- them showing up exhausted would they shouldn't is a sign that they could be troublemakers. I highly doubt it works in reverse.

Possibly.. I'm just speculating alot tonight, so I may be off base.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #3257
Tyrith
College Starter

Bleh, you have a point, but I still think the voting record has some value -- even if we're working with probabilities and not certainties.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #3258
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it is possible that either or both Telle and LSG got infected while outside the planet, so because of that they wouldn't necessarily be known by the spawn council. Barkeep listed both Telle and LSG as simple spawn in the death list, but I'm not sure if he would fully list spawn with other roles (such as spawn queen) or if he would also list them just as a spawn.
It's been asked privately so I'll answer publicly: you will learn what spawn role they had, if any, on death.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #3259
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith,

I will say though if I were to take your side of the arguement, this vote really doesn't look good for Passacaglia who didn't really have the most confident vote on Telle yesterday and then today was pushing the vote completely elsewhere and when no one went with him he voted Bullet instead of LSG.

So of course my suspicion of him that I already had was just increased again if you are right and I am wrong about them knowing LSG and/or Telle were a spawn.

Render you might want to consider making someone new a Warden just in case Pass is bad, we'd lose the brig for even longer if people vote him tommorrow...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #3260
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's been asked privately so I'll answer publicly: you will learn what spawn role they had, if any, on death.

Which adds a lot of merit to your case, Alan.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #3261
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ok, with this, I'm still thinking neither LSG or Telle were part of the spawn council, so the chance that other spawn knew who they were definitely isn't 100%... And I realize I can't argue both sides of this arguement in regards to Passacaglia. I'm just trying to think all possibilities through.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #3262
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith,

I will say though if I were to take your side of the arguement, this vote really doesn't look good for Passacaglia who didn't really have the most confident vote on Telle yesterday and then today was pushing the vote completely elsewhere and when no one went with him he voted Bullet instead of LSG.

So of course my suspicion of him that I already had was just increased again if you are right and I am wrong about them knowing LSG and/or Telle were a spawn.

Render you might want to consider making someone new a Warden just in case Pass is bad, we'd lose the brig for even longer if people vote him tommorrow...

I think we've had enough problems with Pass at this point that it's time to do something with him, whether it involves a noose or an invasive rectal probe.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #3263
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Awesome lynch guys...I got home about 10 minutes ago and just about ran to the computer to see what had happened. I tried to log in on my blackberry but it was giving me fits (I think it's time to swap my pearl for hubby's curve!). I'm in and out over the weekend...

oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #3264
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also someone do the math for me please what the chance of Telle, LSG and Saldana all becoming infected off the ship?

I can't imagine that either Telle or LSG were spawn convert targets on the ship as people knew they might eventually take heat or get votes for leaving the ship.. so I really think if they didn't start spawn, they got infected off of the ship... So someone better in math than me, tell me what the chance of all three getting infected is?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #3265
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

alright I'm heading to bed since I believe we have til monday morning and I need to decide which area I want to hang out in and scope for spawn activity.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #3266
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Also someone do the math for me please what the chance of Telle, LSG and Saldana all becoming infected off the ship?

I can't imagine that either Telle or LSG were spawn convert targets on the ship as people knew they might eventually take heat or get votes for leaving the ship.. so I really think if they didn't start spawn, they got infected off of the ship... So someone better in math than me, tell me what the chance of all three getting infected is?
Call on me! Call on me!
I know! I know!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #3267
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Call on me! Call on me!
I know! I know!

I have a different question for you! You'll get it via PM soon!

(I know you can't wait)
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #3268
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Well, it seems like in this game that the chance of each person getting effected is entirely independent. So whether or not LSG and Telle were spawn does not matter; saldana is either a spawn or not based on his own time spent outside. The probability of all three of them being spawn would serve merely as an interested fact.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #3269
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I've got a crap load of catching up to do I'm sure. Just got back from the game, sorry.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #3270
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I've got a crap load of catching up to do I'm sure. Just got back from the game, sorry.
No need to apologize. The Cubs won.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #3271
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I can see where you guys are coming from against me. But, what if bulletsponge is also bad?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #3272
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I can see where you guys are coming from against me. But, what if bulletsponge is also bad?

Oh, don't worry, he's probably got something coming. But at this point, you're due for a dose, too.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #3273
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

WOW, great job with the lynch guys. I'll admit, I probably would've voted Bulletsponge so I would've blown that possibly.

I got a PM that is interesting, I have to read the rules to figure out exactly what it means.

I am not putting in an order for working on the slave pens.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #3274
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

That should read: I am now putting in an order for working on the slave pens.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #3275
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Also, song is coming tomorrow. I'm beat, have a headache (too much beer) and I think it is sleepy time.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #3276
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Once again the cold hand of death approaches one of the crew. This time it is Lonestargirl whose time has expired. The mob, after last night’s victory, descends upon her ruthlessly. And when the crowd is done they step back to examine the carnage and they find

a SPAWN!.

Now no one is going to miss you.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #3277
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nice result!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #3278
Danny
Head Coach

Purduebrad, was the breakdown of where we go again tonight?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #3279
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and I might have voted for Bulletsponge as well. Still might soon
Old 07-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #3280
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well, the Brewers lost, but we got another spawn. Huzzah!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #3281
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

hmmm just a theory, but both spawns have been women. did barkeep pull a "girlpower" thing and make oliegirl or saldana the other spawn(s)

then again one could have been converted, so nevermind
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #3282
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
hmmm just a theory, but both spawns have been women. did barkeep pull a "girlpower" thing and make oliegirl or saldana the other spawn(s)

This is like the third or fourth game in a row that someone has mentioned this theory.. I know you haven't been playing the others so probably didn't even know... but this theory is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine!

The only good reoccuring theory that I know of is if Hoops is alive on day 5 he must be a wolf...
Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #3283
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is like the third or fourth game in a row that someone has mentioned this theory.. I know you haven't been playing the others so probably didn't even know... but this theory is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine!

The only good reoccuring theory that I know of is if Hoops is alive on day 5 he must be a wolf...

And another in which someone things that sal is a woman...
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #3284
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, don't worry, he's probably got something coming. But at this point, you're due for a dose, too.

What I mean is, if bullet is bad, then my vote doesn't look bad at all.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #3285
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

2 down and .... to go!

Great job guys - I look forward to a productive weekend of info sharing/finding. I'll be in and out tomorrow and out all day Sunday (driving down to Oregon).
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #3286
Danny
Head Coach

I'll be around off and on over the weekend as well. The next day we have an empath and two scans assuming none of those three are killed. Who does everyone feel is the best scan target?

Chubby is a good one because clearing him could clear two people depending on who he empaths. I know some have suggested me and I would like that since I do have an ability and it would be helpful for you guys to trust me if I ever do find a spawn through it. Who do others think we be a good target?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:48 AM   #3287
RendeR
Coordinator

Wait......Saldana's a CHICK???

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #3288
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

ha ha ha.......dick
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #3289
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'll be around off and on over the weekend as well. The next day we have an empath and two scans assuming none of those three are killed. Who does everyone feel is the best scan target?

Chubby is a good one because clearing him could clear two people depending on who he empaths. I know some have suggested me and I would like that since I do have an ability and it would be helpful for you guys to trust me if I ever do find a spawn through it. Who do others think we be a good target?

Actually Chubby's first scan (Marc) has already been cleared anyways.. And Chubby's second scan (future scan) would be cleared at his death if he was killed.. So I don't see Chubby as a high scan priority myself.

Now that we're in space, I think the better scan priorities probably are going to be some of the security staff. Last game I remember alot of the security staff was targeted as they are the ones that bodyguard as well as there is nothing fishy about them being up and about at nights.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #3290
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Purduebrad, was the breakdown of where we go again tonight?

Danny, I did a fairly cursory read through but I believe we're needed on the slave pens so that they can be rounded back up and then killed. If I'm mistaken, somebody please correct me.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #3291
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Danny, I did a fairly cursory read through but I believe we're needed on the slave pens so that they can be rounded back up and then killed. If I'm mistaken, somebody please correct me.

Yeah I remember the priority post, but I know some engineers already put their orders in.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #3292
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Tyrith, you're in thread, maybe you can give me a quick answer w/o having to dig. I put in orders for the slave pen, does that give us enough man-hours for the three plus extra just in case? If so, what should Danny do? Also, did I make it too many people doing it and should I switch as well?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #3293
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

800 messages..... 10 pages.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #3294
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'd agree. I think that's exactly why they took out Collins.

I think you may be correct in asserting that one of the 5 of us is a Spawn. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. You've just picked the wrong one. In order of trust of the 4, I list (most trusted at the top)

1. Tyrith
2. Danny
3. PB
8675309. clap

u r spawn not me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #3295
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
No offense really meant to people, but I'm tired of the "I have eleventy hundred pages to read and I was gone 12 minutes!" or people telling me (and others) to stop posting or post less.

It ain't gonna happen. I'll post when I want to post and at the frequency I deem necessary. Sorry. Thems the breaks.

This is Werewolf, not Tiddlywinks, and Spawn at that, you knew and were warned about what you signed up for.

I don't want to get in a pissing match with anyone on the matter, but I want to put that out there.

I do genuinely like and respect each of you, but reading that is tiring.

You can keep posting it if it makes you happy, but I, just so you know, am whole-heartedly ignoring it (granted I'm gone till Tuesday anyways, so who cares, but still).

stop postign!!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #3296
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This theory sucks
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #3297
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll be around for the duration of the day - well, on and off - if people want to talk about night actions or anything else.

Scan options - worth talking about now or save until day action in order to avoid tipping off the Spawn? Ditto trust lists?

I'm thankful there wasn't much play this weekend with me being out of action, but long night phases kind of suck in terms of having to be cautious with conversation.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #3298
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yep. First time, and we're nervous as hell about it. It's weird, because people do it all the time, so it must not be THAT big of a deal, but it still is.
congrats! jusy bought myself! lots of work! but wait till we file for our taxes and all of a sudden see tons of writeoffs

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #3299
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not going to lie -- the level of non-voting we've had the last two days, really, really disappoints me.

i disagree..... not just that i said i woudl be away... we only need 1.3 instead of 50% +1 so there is less honus on us to vote unless you are sure

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #3300
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clap, I try no to speak for people on in-game WW topics (like feeding them an answer to a question about their actions) but this one seems like a big-picture WW thought.

The bummer on non-voting is that people who don't vote, as either a villager or a wolf, aren't taking their opportunity to help their team win. When this is something that happens for one player out of twenty, you figure something weird happened. When it happens for something like 15-20% of the field over two days, then you get a little more concerned.

I know when I'm battling hard for my team in the game - which, you can certainly argue that I take a little too seriously - that it is frustrating to see others not at least mark their participation with a vote.

That is all. Not meant to be combative, not meant to make assumptions about the schedules of other people. Just pointing out where I've felt some disappointment in previous games from non-voting and had a similar sentiment to the one Tyrith expressed his post.