Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #3301
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

If it weren't my own post, I would say that I don't like the looks of two posts like this coming so close together.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #3302
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
All participants on the mission seemingly performed well. Ghost Rider and Silver Samurai opened, smashing and slicing many insect-like creatures. Silver Surfer and I repelled the attack of Blastaar. Phoenix and Cable then beat down Annihilus. The Negative Zone invaders retreated back into their own dimension.

This is how I saw the encounter as well.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #3303
Tyrith
College Starter

Don't bore the mods. Bored mods tend to use their power to make themselves not bored. Often in highly destructive ways. *cackles*
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #3304
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom bores no one! Thrill, thrill at the adventures of Doom!
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #3305
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom must deal with the midget population of Castle Doom. He will return to render judgment before night falls.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #3306
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I must depart, but not before making my attack. I find Iron Fist's lack of mission participation to be deeply disturbing. He must be spending his energy on something. I find his attack on Scarlet Witch, who has been rising in the esteem of many, I think also suspect.

STANDARD ATTACK ON IRON FIST
It would help if the group could get their act together and indicate what direction to go in early in the day. Or at least give a preliminary order. I did not go on a mission and I did not have a chance to get send before the mission was run. I literally cannot jump in and catch up to go on a mission on such short notice.

I had negative energy after day 1. I participated and spent energy on a mission right after that. I was FORCED to guard and didn't complain one bit on TWO nights blocking me from going on a mission those days. Was my guard duty not appreciated?

I now have enough energy to meditate and affect Galactus tonight, but will get attacked forcing me to expend that energy now and likely die. This is almost rediculous not to mention very frustrating. So now that I can actually do something to help, you are going to cause a run on me.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #3307
IronFist
n00b

Revoke attack on The Scarlet Witch
Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #3308
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
It would help if the group could get their act together and indicate what direction to go in early in the day. Or at least give a preliminary order. I did not go on a mission and I did not have a chance to get send before the mission was run. I literally cannot jump in and catch up to go on a mission on such short notice.

I had negative energy after day 1. I participated and spent energy on a mission right after that. I was FORCED to guard and didn't complain one bit on TWO nights blocking me from going on a mission those days. Was my guard duty not appreciated?

I now have enough energy to meditate and affect Galactus tonight,
but will get attacked forcing me to expend that energy now and likely die. This is almost rediculous not to mention very frustrating. So now that I can actually do something to help, you are going to cause a run on me.

Bolded part mine. I'm sorry, but one day one it's very convenient that you come out with this. On a day that people are attacking you you state this. Why keep it from anyone? This entire post smacks of rebeliousness. The group get its act together? Why don't you try to help out a little with analysis, etc. Are you depending on someone to tell you what to do? Get some balls Danny.
STANDARD MAGICAL ATTACK IRON FIST
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #3309
Spider-Man
n00b

Scarlet Witch has performed for the good of the group. She's not the best choice tonight.

REVOKE ATTACK SCARLET WITCH
ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #3310
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Guys, I'm not being a smart ass. Did Doom not beat Galactus? As I said in my last post, this has been a brutal day. We finally got the car but it took forever. It looks like we each did well on our mission, good!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #3311
Spider-Man
n00b

Doom did not beat Galactus.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #3312
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

I now have enough energy to meditate and affect Galactus tonight, but will get attacked forcing me to expend that energy now and likely die. This is almost rediculous not to mention very frustrating. So now that I can actually do something to help, you are going to cause a run on me.

[ooc] Sorry, don't have time for a long post. Have RL work problems so have to make this short and sweet to get an attack in.

Putting my order in to attack Ironfist, primarily because I have big objections with how you are trying to place the blame of your inaction upon others. I stated first thing in the morning, and repeated several times during the day that this mission was important and I even stated once that you can always change your mission to something else if Doom or someone asked you to do so. I don't buy this cop out at all.

Sorry for making this short. I'll be back later at some point when I can[/ooc]

Standard Attack Ironfist
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #3313
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Bolded part mine. I'm sorry, but one day one it's very convenient that you come out with this. On a day that people are attacking you you state this. Why keep it from anyone? This entire post smacks of rebeliousness. The group get its act together? Why don't you try to help out a little with analysis, etc. Are you depending on someone to tell you what to do? Get some balls Danny.
Actually I correctly identified the nightcrawler possession as the Shadow King. What keen analysis have you put forth Mimc? Oh yeah, you spent 15 points on an attack. I have not had 15 points to spend in the entire game.

Ever since you you were supported as putting forth 15 energy points you have acted like a big floppy weiner.

Stop being a tool and let me have a shot at Galactus.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #3314
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
[ooc] Sorry, don't have time for a long post. Have RL work problems so have to make this short and sweet to get an attack in.

Putting my order in to attack Ironfist, primarily because I have big objections with how you are trying to place the blame of your inaction upon others. I stated first thing in the morning, and repeated several times during the day that this mission was important and I even stated once that you can always change your mission to something else if Doom or someone asked you to do so. I don't buy this cop out at all.

Sorry for making this short. I'll be back later at some point when I can[/ooc]

Standard Attack Ironfist
Well, for what it is worth the missions were not on the table this morning. You got support to make your device then fumbled it. All I ask is that you give me a chance to spend my special attack on Galactus.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #3315
IronFist
n00b

Mr. F, I'm not blaming my inaction on others, I have acted. I'm pointing out that I have been helping. You are just not counting the guard actions. Neither Jean or Doom came to harm while I was watching over them.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #3316
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc) Sorry for not joining the mission, just got back from work and that was posted after I left, had nothing do with with IC reasons (/ooc)
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #3317
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Do your aims include the preservation of this planet? If so, pledge your support to the Annihilus mission today.

Most certainly. I assumed you did not want me on the mission prior to my departure. If you wish I will assist a mission on the morrow.

Your subjects are wasting their time trying to inhibit me, I am not acting against you. They can do as they please but it is foolish if you wish to catch the rebels.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #3318
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Actually I correctly identified the nightcrawler possession as the Shadow King. What keen analysis have you put forth Mimc? Oh yeah, you spent 15 points on an attack. I have not had 15 points to spend in the entire game.

Ever since you you were supported as putting forth 15 energy points you have acted like a big floppy weiner.

Wait -- Mimic is stopping you from having a shot at Galactus?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #3319
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Curious, I've had my eye on you as well, Ironfist.

STANDARD ATTACK IRONFIST
Old 10-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #3320
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Okay, that was tongue-in-cheek, but seriously, what's stopping you? Until I get an answer..

STANDARD ATTACK IRON FIST
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #3321
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Curious, I've had my eye on you as well, Ironfist.

STANDARD ATTACK IRONFIST

Invalid attack.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #3322
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Spidey came in and helped with the Fury situation, this player has all but vanished from this game. Heck, I had to go look up and be sure I hadn't just missed his death in the 66 pages.

REVOKE ATTACK SPIDERMAN
ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI

What would you have me do, honored one? Forsake my responsibilities to please you with endless conversation?

I speak rarely, but when I do, I am forceful and ever present. I maintain my skills every day and prepare from the time when I can make myself best useful to the side of the honorable and righteous. I offer up my services regularly now. Evidence of my skills were on display in full view today. Perhaps you missed that?

I find it interesting to see you attack me, and Spiderman also choose to do so. In league, perhaps? I know not.

All I do know is that an attack on me is one wasted, one that can only hurt a powerful if solitary friend, and leave the rebellion untouched and one step closer to victory.

Consider carefully your actions. For one who values his honor cannot bear to have it sullied.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #3323
IronFist
n00b

Sure, piling on an lynching me will stop me from hitting Galactus. After day on I was at zero health and -2 energy. I have expended energy on the other Galactus mission I went on and have just now built up to enough energy to meditate tonight and hit Galactus with a powered up attack tomorrow.

I'm getting flak for not going on mission. Kind of like you Witch. You have not gone on missions, but have tried to help in the way your powers contribute.

I have done the same by guarding and preparing for the power attack.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #3324
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

TimGuru would be an awesome comic book name.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #3325
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Scarlet Witch has performed for the good of the group. She's not the best choice tonight.

REVOKE ATTACK SCARLET WITCH
ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI

If you want to find somone who is a good choice for having done little good, mayhaps you should perform hari-kiri? Would you like to borrow my kitana?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #3326
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Invalid attack.

Noted.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #3327
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Sure, piling on an lynching me will stop me from hitting Galactus. After day on I was at zero health and -2 energy. I have expended energy on the other Galactus mission I went on and have just now built up to enough energy to meditate tonight and hit Galactus with a powered up attack tomorrow.

I'm getting flak for not going on mission. Kind of like you Witch. You have not gone on missions, but have tried to help in the way your powers contribute.

I have done the same by guarding and preparing for the power attack.

Preparing for the power attack? I'm not sure I know what that means.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #3328
IronFist
n00b

Alright, if I am going down, tell me who you want weakened for tomorrow and I will power punch them. You can blow them over tomorrow using minimal energy.

I'll hit whoever Doom decides. If he does not make a decision, I will hit Mimic because I just don't like him/her.

I am not on either side in the war. I have independent win conditions.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #3329
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Has anyone compiled a complete list of attacks in game? Doom wonders.

Galactus is a danger no longer, Iron Fist. Your energy is better spent on crushing the rebellion.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #3330
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

An interesting admission. What are your goals then?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #3331
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Preparing for the power attack? I'm not sure I know what that means.
After I meditate (night action), my attack on Galactus is powered up. I alluded to this on day one and gave additional input to this effect several times.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #3332
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Has anyone compiled a complete list of attacks in game? Doom wonders.

Galactus is a danger no longer, Iron Fist. Your energy is better spent on crushing the rebellion.

Did I miss something, Oh Great Doom? Did not the Galactacus shrug off your attack and backhand you as far as Mt. Fuji is high?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #3333
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
After I meditate (night action), my attack on Galactus is powered up. I alluded to this on day one and gave additional input to this effect several times.

And it's taken you this long to get enough power for it?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #3334
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
An interesting admission. What are your goals then?
Basically I don't have a stake in who wins the war, as long as Galactus does not eat the planet.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #3335
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
And it's taken you this long to get enough power for it?
Yep, I just now built up to 11 points of energy. Pretty shitty if you ask me. Looks like some of you have ways of getting power a lot faster than me. It did not help ending day one with -2 energy.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #3336
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
Did I miss something, Oh Great Doom? Did not the Galactacus shrug off your attack and backhand you as far as Mt. Fuji is high?

You should believe your eyes less, Samurai, and instead believe in the might of Doom. That green monster the Hulk also struck Doom, and yet here I stand and there he lies. Galactus was defeated the moment he faced Doom in combat. He has only to learn it.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #3337
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Basically I don't have a stake in who wins the war, as long as Galactus does not eat the planet.

I just find that hard to believe. We lose if Galactus eats the planet. The rebels lose if Galactus eats the planet. If anything, a third party would have to WIN if Galactus eats the planet.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #3338
hoopsguy
General Manager

Attacks as of Post #3333:

Post #2955: vision attacks NickFury
Post #2969: IronFist attacks NickFury
Post #2991: Aardwolf attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #3000: cable attacks NickFury
Post #3004: Phoenix attacks NickFury
Post #3007: Punisher attacks NickFury
Post #3020: Hulk HULK STRONGEST! attacks DrDoom
Post #3033: Magneto uses defense on Doom
Post #3045: Punisher unattacks NickFury
Post #3062: Mimic ENCEPHALO DEVICE on NickFury
Post #3101: Kang attacks Spider-Man
Post #3197: Spider-Man WEBS NickFury
Post #3209: Punisher attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #3216: Scarlet Witch PROBABILITY MANIPULATION
Post #3259: GhostRider attacks NickFury
Post #3261: Spider-Man attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #3266: Kang revokes Spider-Man, attacks SilverSamurai
Post #3271: DrDoom builds Galactus Device
Post #3283: Aardwolf unattacks Scarlet Witch, attacks Cable
Post #3285: IronFirst unattacks NickFury, attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #3292: Punisher revokes attack on Scarlet Witch
Post #3299: SivlerSurfer attacks IronFist
Post #3300: Magneto attacks IronFist
Post #3307: IronFist revoked attack on Scarlet Witch
Post #3308: Mimic attacks IronFist (magic)
Post #3309: Spider-Man revoked ScarletWitch, attacks SilverSamurai
Post #3312: Mr.Fantastic attacks IronFist
Post #3320: Scarlet Witch attacks IronFist

Not attacked: DrDoom, IronFist, NickFury (webbed), Punisher, SilverSamurai
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #3339
IronFist
n00b

I will not that I started day 2 with 2 points of energy. Not much help on missions is it? But I still tried on the Galactus mission the next day, just to help out. I figured something small was better than nothing.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #3340
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
I just find that hard to believe. We lose if Galactus eats the planet. The rebels lose if Galactus eats the planet. If anything, a third party would have to WIN if Galactus eats the planet.
I didn't make the game rules. I figure it makes my role somewhat of a wild card. How would I show up on a scan, etc.? I don't know.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #3341
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I didn't make the game rules. I figure it makes my role somewhat of a wild card. How would I show up on a scan, etc.? I don't know.

I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying I don't believe it.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #3342
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

On the other hand, if it really is the case that you WIN if Galactus eats the planet, and Doom is right that Galactus is taken care of, then you're really of no threat to us, so I'd be inclined to look elsewhere.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #3343
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

[ooc] I think my conference call is wrapping up. but I'll likely be on and off the phone with Juniper networks tonight regarding this issue. I think I can try to keep up though from here till deadline at least now. I'll try at least [/ooc]

Ironfist, I have a few more problems with things you are saying. First, I am pretty much ok with lynching you if you are claiming to be a third party member. Without any way for us to confirm that right now, a lynch of you has one of two possible scenerios: 1) Lynch a bad guy claiming to be a third party .. or 2) Lynch a third party that doesn't help us nor count for our total numbers.

The other issue I have, is one you have mentioned many times. You keep saying that you were negative energy. Maybe I am wrong, but as best I can tell, I don't think it is possible to go negative energy, only negative health?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #3344
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post

I didn't know Iron Fist was Danny. I coulda used that info for the contest!
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #3345
hoopsguy
General Manager

This has come up multiple times over last hour via PM - there are scenarios where it is possible to enter negative energy. However, a player cannot commit their own points to go into negative energy.

In other words, someone else may be able to drag a player into negative energy, given the non-realtime aspect of the day session.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #3346
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

ENOUGH!!!!

I knew I should've mimicked Colossus' power. At least then I wouldn't be floppy.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #3347
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Mr. F, I'm not blaming my inaction on others, I have acted. I'm pointing out that I have been helping. You are just not counting the guard actions. Neither Jean or Doom came to harm while I was watching over them.

Even if you were a rebel, I don't think you'd actually take out the person you're guarding unless it was a endgame maneuver.

I would like to hear more about this meditation power you claim. What exactly can it do against Galactus?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #3348
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
On the other hand, if it really is the case that you WIN if Galactus eats the planet, and Doom is right that Galactus is taken care of, then you're really of no threat to us, so I'd be inclined to look elsewhere.

I was wondering if he could be the Herald.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #3349
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
[ooc] I think my conference call is wrapping up. but I'll likely be on and off the phone with Juniper networks tonight regarding this issue. I think I can try to keep up though from here till deadline at least now. I'll try at least [/ooc]

Ironfist, I have a few more problems with things you are saying. First, I am pretty much ok with lynching you if you are claiming to be a third party member. Without any way for us to confirm that right now, a lynch of you has one of two possible scenerios: 1) Lynch a bad guy claiming to be a third party .. or 2) Lynch a third party that doesn't help us nor count for our total numbers.

The other issue I have, is one you have mentioned many times. You keep saying that you were negative energy. Maybe I am wrong, but as best I can tell, I don't think it is possible to go negative energy, only negative health?
I checked the PM. It said that I finished the day at -2 energy. I can't post the PM and have no way of proving a game mechanic that is not stated in the general rules.

Also, lynching is how you get the rebels. If you lynch me, you cannot get a rebel. Absolute zero chance. You need a rebel more than you need me. I just don't think you will understand that at this point. Once we beat Galactus I will continue to support the Doom forces.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #3350
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I was wondering if he could be the Herald.

My thought as well.