Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #3301
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Huh? Magically Attuned = being able to talk? That's just...out there.

Qwik, sorry my man, I don't think there's anything you can do at this point to convince me. The only reason you didn't come out with the truth to begin with is because you didn't think we'd buy it? So you came up with a lie? Your story has changed three times. I think that's enough to kill any support I might have given you.

Front page...chubby=magically attuned...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #3302
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
...Qwik and king could very be the last two necros (or think they're the last two necros) and are trying anything to keep the pair together another day.

But see, even if Qwik was successful today in convincing us to off Lathum, he knows that he'd be in the noose tomorrow. So that doesn't seem to make sense.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #3303
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Front page...chubby=magically attuned...

I know that, but assuming that Lathum is too, and THAT is why they were able to talk is just...weird.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #3304
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
But see, even if Qwik was successful today in convincing us to off Lathum, he knows that he'd be in the noose tomorrow. So that doesn't seem to make sense.

What is the benefit of lasting another day?!?! Seriously, if there were two necros left, how many would be killed before they were found out...I swear....
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #3305
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know that, but assuming that Lathum is too, and THAT is why they were able to talk is just...weird.

He is the prophecy, I don't deny that...but the prophecy doesn't always mean for good...it's not far fetched Vince...there are role which can be a choice of good or evil...Lathum chose evil...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #3306
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

We know next to nothing about what Lathum can or can't do assuming he is the prophecy (which I think we all pretty much agree on).
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #3307
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
He is the prophecy, I don't deny that...but the prophecy doesn't always mean for good...it's not far fetched Vince...there are role which can be a choice of good or evil...Lathum chose evil...

See, again with the twisting of words. I'm not saying that Lathum can't be bad because he's the prophecy. I'm not saying that it's far fetched for him to be magically attuned too. I'm just saying that assuming that Chubby and Lathum were able to talk because they were both Magically Attuned is weird. Unnecessary. I don't get it.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #3308
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #3305:

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128)

Qwikshot - SnDvls (3134)

King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Lathum (3172), Vince (3175), Dubb (3207), Path (3245), Saldana (3259)

Not voted: Schmidty, Tanglewood
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #3309
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
We know next to nothing about what Lathum can or can't do assuming he is the prophecy (which I think we all pretty much agree on).

yeah...but there is nothing hidden about that...right? I mean, we just blankly assume he's on the side of good...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #3310
path12
Coordinator

Qwik, it says that if your brother dies, there will be consequences for you. Do you have any idea what those might be?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #3311
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
See, again with the twisting of words. I'm not saying that Lathum can't be bad because he's the prophecy. I'm not saying that it's far fetched for him to be magically attuned too. I'm just saying that assuming that Chubby and Lathum were able to talk because they were both Magically Attuned is weird. Unnecessary. I don't get it.

How would they have talked then...are you mad, you think I would just pick random...I know Lathum could talk with chubby...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #3312
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Qwik, it says that if your brother dies, there will be consequences for you. Do you have any idea what those might be?

jesus path, I posted that up earlier...I guess having the head necro for a brother isn't bad enough...but apparantly I was supposed to know this all the time...then I find out he's talking to Lathum and everyones shrugs...

I guess the consequence was raising the issues, I should've shut up and let him take your throne.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #3313
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah...but there is nothing hidden about that...right? I mean, we just blankly assume he's on the side of good...

Well, speaking just for myself, I did not just blankly assume he was on the side of good. I was ready to duke him a couple nights ago remember. However, then it was shown with Fouts' death that he raised an avatar (good), and then pointed out a bad guy with 100% certainty.

You have to admit, those are the kind of things that will start to make you think someone is at least on the side of good.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #3314
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, speaking just for myself, I did not just blankly assume he was on the side of good. I was ready to duke him a couple nights ago remember. However, then it was shown with Fouts' death that he raised an avatar (good), and then pointed out a bad guy with 100% certainty.

You have to admit, those are the kind of things that will start to make you think someone is at least on the side of good.

The avatar would've have served him to his purposes, not for the benefit of YOU.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #3315
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Votes as of Post #3305:

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128)

Qwikshot - SnDvls (3134)

King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Lathum (3172), Vince (3175), Dubb (3207), Path (3245), Saldana (3259)

Not voted: Schmidty, Tanglewood

So just about everyone I trust is voting with me against King, and then Anxiety and Tyrith are doing so as well (they were the first two). Interesting.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #3316
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

It's one of those things where you're desperate, you take the only play you've got, you hope it opens up some more oppourtunities and you get lucky. When it's the only way you really have a chance you do what you have to do to try to win.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #3317
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's one of those things where you're desperate, you take the only play you've got, you hope it opens up some more oppourtunities and you get lucky. When it's the only way you really have a chance you do what you have to do to try to win.

The Hail Mary of Werewolf right...I wasn't desperate, I just presented the information because I knew it would benefit...but it's on deaf ears. I can't win unless we win, and we won't Lathum will be too strong...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #3318
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
jesus path, I posted that up earlier...I guess having the head necro for a brother isn't bad enough...but apparantly I was supposed to know this all the time...then I find out he's talking to Lathum and everyones shrugs...

I guess the consequence was raising the issues, I should've shut up and let him take your throne.

yet another avoided question...in the past, when one brother dies, the other does too, what happened to you when your brother died....nothing?

and if the brother role lets you pm another player, and is specifically defined for that purpose, how do the magically attuned players, which are specifically defined for something else, do the same thing?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #3319
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Dude, you have a Blade-like way of getting people on your side at times. Listen to me: I am trying to believe you.

Now, having something in the rules which says: there WILL be consequences for the surviving brother, and then having you speculate that consequence is either a) not being believed, or b) having a bad guy for a brother is that consequence. I believe both of those reasons are bullshit and do not qualify as "there will be consequences for the surviving brother".

So that's where the question comes from.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3320
path12
Coordinator

No offense, Blade. I see you're in the thread.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3321
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
yet another avoided question...in the past, when one brother dies, the other does too, what happened to you when your brother died....nothing?

and if the brother role lets you pm another player, and is specifically defined for that purpose, how do the magically attuned players, which are specifically defined for something else, do the same thing?

I believe I lose in vote count. I could PM chubby but he was quiet in his role. I do not know how Lathum and Chubby were able to talk, I believed the magically attuned was the link, I just know they talked.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3322
Schmidty
Coordinator

All the ducking and dodging by Qwik makes this easier this time:

Vote kingfc
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3323
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

See, I don't think it was his only play, though. Today he wasn't really getting any heat until he came out with his cryptic "Lathum is evil" messages. It increased as he continued to reveal more and more weird stuff.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #3324
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dude, you have a Blade-like way of getting people on your side at times. Listen to me: I am trying to believe you.

Now, having something in the rules which says: there WILL be consequences for the surviving brother, and then having you speculate that consequence is either a) not being believed, or b) having a bad guy for a brother is that consequence. I believe both of those reasons are bullshit and do not qualify as "there will be consequences for the surviving brother".

So that's where the question comes from.

Maybe it hasn't happened yet...I don't know path...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #3325
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
No offense, Blade. I see you're in the thread.
I actually rather enjoyed it since qwik is one of the ones who has gotten angry at me over my play style in the past...feels like a bit of retribution

Oh, and i curse the very ground you walk on, but thats besides the point
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #3326
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe it hasn't happened yet...I don't know path...

hoops has a rather deviant way of killing people off...perhaps it's a matter of time...I believe it's always up to the storyteller's mind.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #3327
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I actually rather enjoyed it since qwik is one of the ones who has gotten angry at me over my play style in the past...feels like a bit of retribution

Oh, and i curse the very ground you walk on, but thats besides the point

Learned from the best Only I do it in loving...and far better. I haven't gotten schmidty to melt down and vote himself yet...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #3328
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
See, I don't think it was his only play, though. Today he wasn't really getting any heat until he came out with his cryptic "Lathum is evil" messages. It increased as he continued to reveal more and more weird stuff.

But king was probably gonna take the lynch otherwise. He was our default choice today by consensus. One nec alone has absolutely no shot of winning; they can't even pull of night kills. It's not worth keeping the last bad guy hidden because of how badly it degrades the team's offensive potential.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #3329
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Here's the thing. I don't think he was really going to end up lynched today. There have been a lot of different directions going on. So it doesn't fit as a panic move. I believe that he may be onto something. But damn, it's like pulling teeth here, and I don't like that. So I'm really torn right now, even though I realize I may be the only one.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #3330
Vince
Pro Starter

Not really. A hidden bad guy still has a lynch every day, and a 50% shot at killing people at night.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #3331
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Here's the thing. I don't think he was really going to end up lynched today. There have been a lot of different directions going on. So it doesn't fit as a panic move. I believe that he may be onto something. But damn, it's like pulling teeth here, and I don't like that. So I'm really torn right now, even though I realize I may be the only one.

I was just at the dentist...I got the x-rays and they cut my mouth all up...sucked. But not as bad as this...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #3332
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I was just at the dentist...I got the x-rays and they cut my mouth all up...sucked. But not as bad as this...

Yeah, it's a fun game sometimes, isn't it.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #3333
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Learned from the best Only I do it in loving...and far better. I haven't gotten schmidty to melt down and vote himself yet...
See, only after game after game of him hating me did he melt down and vote himself...it was i who drove him crazy I smile every time i see him melt down, knowing i had a hand in the legacy

Schmidty, thats humor ^^^
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #3334
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Not really. A hidden bad guy still has a lynch every day, and a 50% shot at killing people at night.

Assuming 10 people left alive a single nec would have to hit the good side of fifty percent five nights in a row and have us swing and miss on four lynches, including one where the would be only three people left. And that assumes no EG blocks.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #3335
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, it's a fun game sometimes, isn't it.

Only when the emotions don't get too worked up...this is such a sad ending to the game. It's just very frustrating...like the time when I got Tangle killed because I was the seer, only to find he was the seer too...kills me, because there is no logic to these games...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #3336
path12
Coordinator

I'm out soon to head home. Maybe the commute will bring clarity. Maybe not. I'll be back at some point before lynch.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #3337
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
See, only after game after game of him hating me did he melt down and vote himself...it was i who drove him crazy I smile every time i see him melt down, knowing i had a hand in the legacy

Schmidty, thats humor ^^^
You're dead. Let the living be unhaunted by us.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-27-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #3338
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Assuming 10 people left alive a single nec would have to hit the good side of fifty percent five nights in a row and have us swing and miss on four lynches, including one where the would be only three people left. And that assumes no EG blocks.

Or discount what Lathum can do...I don't think the game ends when the necros die.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #3339
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, it's definitely a tough row to hoe. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #3340
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm out soon to head home. Maybe the commute will bring clarity. Maybe not. I'll be back at some point before lynch.

It's a fair point, I'm done for the night too...there is little here I can do to protect you further.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #3341
path12
Coordinator

No Cronin, Blade, Barkeep, Alan or Hoops in this game anymore. I think I've posted more today than I ever have. I never realized how much work this takes!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #3342
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely a tough row to hoe. We'll see what happens.

Well they might have a thermonuclear bomb?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #3343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
No Cronin, Blade, Barkeep, Alan or Hoops in this game anymore. I think I've posted more today than I ever have. I never realized how much work this takes!

Tell me about it
Old 06-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #3344
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Or discount what Lathum can do...I don't think the game ends when the necros die.

from page one the rules....victory condtions...yes we do.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #3345
Vince
Pro Starter

Random question -- Does anyone know what the overall score is, in terms of Villagers vs. Werewolves, in all the FOFC games?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #3346
Tyrith
College Starter

All I know is that wolves won 24-26 (I think Sith was 24, correct me if i'm wrong) and lost 27. I didn't read all the ones before that.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #3347
hoopsguy
General Manager

Don't know the score - there have been a couple of ebbs and flows between the sides and I'm guessing the wolves are a little bit ahead but have never tabulated those results.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #3348
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Random question -- Does anyone know what the overall score is, in terms of Villagers vs. Werewolves, in all the FOFC games?
you dont want to know in my two games, unless youre a wolf that is.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 PM   #3349
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, what is the string of consecutive villager deaths in your games?

Just checking
Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #3350
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Saldana, what is the string of consecutive villager deaths in your games?

Just checking

funny you should ask, i just went back and checked.....37 straight villagers (counting 2 turncoats that werent technically wolves)