Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #3301
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think Abe rolled dice to determine who was going to win before the game started, and at this point is basically playing the game without you.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #3302
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think Abe rolled dice to determine who was going to win before the game started, and at this point is basically playing the game without you.

Hey now!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #3303
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Sure is nice relaxing out here on the beach with our big company salaries and our liquor, eh?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #3304
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm dead and I'm still so confused.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #3305
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #3306
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Yeah. Easy for you to say.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #3307
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
+1
Old 05-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #3308
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
+1

I think weekend play is now for dead people.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #3309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In February and March, 1921, President Harding pulls the Federal Troops out of the state and refuses to send them back in when queried by the new Governor.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #3310
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

Zombies rule!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #3311
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I came here to post that the special rule for Monday was that all of the Dead were going to return to the game for one last Hurrah!

Zombie miners.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #3312
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh I forgot to add that, I've come and found an appropriate audience.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #3313
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was kinda looking forward to dying, so somone could explain all this shit to me.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #3314
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On May 12-14, 1921, a series of battles took place between the miners striking and the company gun-thugs. They took place near the tent colonies in various places. Tents of strikers were shot up, and some of the gun-thugs were killed. President Harding is asked for Federal troops and Federal Martial Law and again refuses.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #3315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm - well that was a weird deadline that came and went with no activity
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #3316
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh wait it's saturday not sunday - LOL
Old 05-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #3317
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oh wait it's saturday not sunday - LOL

Don't rush the weekend dammit!!!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #3318
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If that strategy game coming up is going to be anything like I think it may be I don't care who wins as long as someone avenges me and kills barkeep.

That is all.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #3319
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If that strategy game coming up is going to be anything like I think it may be I don't care who wins as long as someone avenges me and kills barkeep.

That is all.

It's going to be a single elimination "rock paper scissors lizard spock" tournament.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #3320
Danny
Head Coach

So where are these strategy rules? I want a light saber
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #3321
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Trolls die quickly as Dwarfs win out. that would be a good rule.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #3322
Danny
Head Coach

Good thing I am a Trow then
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #3323
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and NTN, with all of the stress you have endured this game, I think you need a support group. Sign up for my game and I'm sure we will help you!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #3324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

WORK HUNTING

Just to get this in.

Weird game. Not yet sure what to make of it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #3325
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On May 19, 1921 – One year to the day after the Battle of Matewan, and after another series of battles in southern WV, Governor Morgan will declare Martial Law.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #3326
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

???? What happened to my timeline post?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #3327
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That sucks hard!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #3328
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You hear the sound of a group of gun-thugs arriving again. Daddy Torgo is again arrested, this time for impersonating an officer. You doubt this one, since the last one proved false, but they have the muscle to back it up.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #3329
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
???? What happened to my timeline post?

Did you just post it? Maybe check your recent posts.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #3330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm talking about the one in the front of the thread where i kept updating the timeline info

Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #3331
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Even without DT you manage to complete the hunting tasks and everyone pitched in and did their part.

You have successfully managed to convert Matewan! This counts as two wins.

Tomorrow, you will be marching back north.

Night actions, 1 am, etc.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #3332
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Horseshit CR.

A little vouching for USFL? Where? How? Because he was arrested? That's hogwash and you know it.

And excuse me if I didn't really care for his role reveal. He gave us the name. I'm of the ilk that if you're going to put yourself out there like that and make yourself a target you might as well actually tell us what that name meant. Union Firebrand. I have no idea what that is.

"Look everyone, I'm the Union Chef" (I'm not)

So if I said that would everyone now just cease to vote for me?

Nice MMQB'ing there CR.

Just noticed this.

Not that it matters now, but, frankly, we had some uncleared individuals, and then we had a whole bunch of at least somewhat cleared individuals. Noting no one is clear in a game with bribes (and there's nothing we can really do about that), doesn't it make more sense to first go after the players who are completely uncleared before jumping on the ones that at least have something going for them? And that was before USFL even said anything about a role. As a prior arrestee, he gets a little "clearance" for that. Then he claims a role, one no one denies and with plenty of time for that to happen. Could he have come out with details on it sooner? Sure. But with, what, 4-5 completely uncleared players still on the board, guys like DT, clap, ntn, etc., we allow a late run on a semi-cleared player who claimed a role?!? WTF!

I'm sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but that was one of the stupidest villager moves I have ever seen, and anyone involved in it should do us a favor and lynch themselves.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #3333
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The night action actions are all in and will be run in about 15 -20 minutes.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #3334
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It is August, 1921. For years the miners have had to put up with everything being against them. Martial Law has been declared numerous times. The Supreme Court of the state issued various rulings against them. Kangaroo courts were set up to jail miners 50 60 70 and 80 at a time. The government offices meant to protect miners were filled by mine owners who used the agencies to attack miners. Laws are passed to help companies, and companies ignore laws that are on the books to protect miners. Police, mayors, governors, legislators, ministers, reporters, and judges have all been on company payrolls. Gun-thugs have beaten and attacked miners at length. The Bull Moose Special went through a mining camp and shot at women and children. Votes for political offices were changed. Governors threatened them. Companies cheated them.

The miners are men. They have been beaten down, punched, kicked, attacked, slandered, jailed, and killed. As everyone knows, you can only push men so far. Sure, the miners were not perfect, and occasionally responded with too much violence.

But you can only push men so far.

The assassination of Sid Hatfield on the courthouse steps was the last straw. Here was the one guy who stood up to the companies, the one lawman who would not be bribed, the one official whose integrity was not for sale. And he won. But the company could not have that They assassinated Sid Hatfield when he was weaponless, on the steps of a courthouse in front of dozens of witnesses, police, planted guns in their hand, walked away and then escaped justice. That is simply not how America is supposed o operate. The courthouse is for justice, not for rule by the moneyed. Police are for justice, not for sale to the highest bidder.

It is simply too much. There is only so far you can push a man.

With thousands and thousands of miners already striking, it is a simple thing to get them together. After a few weeks, thousands and thousands of armed miners have gathered in Marmet in southern Kanawha County. They are refusing to give in anymore.

You are going to take justice back from those who would sell it. You are going to unionize those who would want it. You are going to march, armed, ready to lay your lives on the line for the cause. You are united.

By August 20, thousands of miners have gathered and are listening to speeches by various people.

You commandeer a train and rename it the Blue Steel Special. You use it to carry you south into Boone County.

You meet up with other miners in Danville, is the eastern part of Boone County. From there you march west into Logan County and cross the border.

However, you are anticipated.

The sheriff of Logan County, Don Chafin, who gathers men and materiel. He uses mine money to hire thugs and deputizes his men in massive numbers.

There are peace negotiations in Madison, right by Danville. After they go well for the miners, Chafin knows they will get their day in court, with President Harding willing to listen and give them their due if they all go home (according to his representative). On Auguest 25, the agreement is made and the miners start going home

Chafin orders some of his men to fire on miners and family in Sharples, WV right nearby. The miners simply will not have it. Right after they had an agreement with Chafin, some of his men cross into Boone County and shoot at miners. This is another insult, and as Chafin expected, they turn around in force.

Chafin has the best equipment he can obtain and a large amount of money. He will not skirt using any method available to him in order to win.

The miners arrive at Blair Mountain, where Chafin has organized his defense.

On August 29, battle is joined.

The Battle of Blair Mountain is the nation’s largest civil uprising, and the largest of any kind since the Civil War. Thousands and thousands will fight on each side. Blood and bullets will settle this issue.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #3335
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Rules for The Battle of Blair Mountain

The game will consist of stages. Each stage will last 4 hours. At the midway point, the Sympathizers must submit to me their move. At the end of the Stage, Labor submits to me their move. I will then process the moves, tell you who wins, and move to the next Stage.

For each Stage, your decision is simple. Each Stage represents a different front or flank in the Battle. All you have to do is tell me how me how many soldiers you want to send out for that Stage. That’s it.

Stage One will begin at 9:00 am EST.

That means I will have to have a Stage One decision from the Sympathizers by 11:00 am EST (You can send it early tonight). Then by 1:00 pm, I need to have a decision from Labor as to how many soldiers you want to send out.
Labor has more soldiers, but they are not as well equipped or trained, so in battle, they are not as good. Once you send troops out, they cannot be reused, they are out fighting.

Whenever a side wins a Stage, the other side loses one randomly determined member. Then WW rules apply to see if there is a winner (1:1 ratio for Sympathizers to win, kill all Sympathizers to win as Labor).
If one side runs out of soldiers, then the next Stage they lose the Battle of Blair Mountain, and thus, the game.

Because of roles, you will Barkeep is anointed the reporter of the Labor. It is Barkeep’s responsibility to tell me, in BOLD, how many troops to commit to the Stage. Discuss freely. Barkeep may appoint another player, by posting in BOLD, to report the soldiers in his stead. Because of this mechanic, you now know that BK is a member of Labor. However, you still do not know about others. Some of those advocating certain strategies will already know what the Sympathizers submitted, so be careful.

Because you have converted 5 camps, you will get 10,000 miners
Because you got Mother Jones, you get another 2500 miners.
Total Initial Solider Count: 12,500

As of now, roles do not matter, nor do items. Only sides and game events.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-10-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #3336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are the deadlines:

Stage One:

Begins - 9:00 am EST
Sympathizer Decision - 11:00 am EST
Labor Decision - 1:00 pm EST

Stage Two:
Begins - 2:00 pm
Sympathizer - 4:00 pm
Labor - 6:00 pm

Stage Three:

Begins - 7:00 pm
Sympathizer - 9:00 pm
Labor - 11:00 pm

This schedule will repeat each day for Stages 4-6, and 7-9 if needed.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #3337
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I knew I should have killed Mother Jones when I had the chance
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #3338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I knew I should have killed Mother Jones when I had the chance

so you're saying you're a wolf?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #3339
Danny
Head Coach

Not surprised Lathum us a wolf, EF was on the right track there.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #3340
Danny
Head Coach

Barkeep, regardless of what anybody says or suggest here, including me, I suggest you go with your own number.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:29 AM   #3341
Danny
Head Coach

Abe, after the round is the number of soldiers committed shown or just the winner of the round?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #3342
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I STRONGLY recommend to the rest of the village:

Do not once discuss our strategy for the first phase until after the Sympathizer deadline has passed. It would be to our advantage to make them guess.

We should continue that with each phase, although it will be harder to surprise them after the first phase.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #3343
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I STRONGLY recommend to the rest of the village:

Do not once discuss our strategy for the first phase until after the Sympathizer deadline has passed. It would be to our advantage to make them guess.

We should continue that with each phase, although it will be harder to surprise them after the first phase.

100% agreed. I'll make sure to be up and online for our stage.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #3344
Danny
Head Coach

Not strategy, but I'm guessing NTN is the other wolf.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 AM   #3345
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting. I have some thoughts, but it would be prudent to wait.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 AM   #3346
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The question I have.

Is the miners 12,500 their contingent for the whole battle? Or does it reset every game day?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #3347
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with everyone above, although knowing Abe's dynamics, I would recommend that everything that is said between the sympathizer deadline and the miner deadline be "taken under advisement by BK" and then he ultimately goes with his own number. There have been a number of surprises this game and I don't want to see us settle on a number and then have some mechanic drastically change it. Just my two cents.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #3348
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Because you have converted 5 camps, you will get 10,000 miners
Because you got Mother Jones, you get another 2500 miners.
Total Initial Solider Count: 12,500

BK, some math numbers I came to, take it for what you will. There are no suggested course of actions here, just figures.

Let's assume for the sake of equity that this works for the wolves as well. They 'won' 4 camps, that means they would have approximately 8,000 soldiers. So we currently have a 12,500-8,000 lead. Maybe they picked up a 2,500 soldier bonus as well (talking worst case scenario), that means we're still up 12,500-10,500.

We then have to look at how many wolves we thing there are. If there are two, we currently have a 9-2 lead, meaning we would have to lose 7 times in a row for them to win. Heck, even if it is 8-3 or 7-4, we have a very, very nice advantage. Kind of like sports, right now we've got the home field advantage.

All of that being said, I leave it in BK's hands.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #3349
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's something we can discuss. I can tell you right now I'm going to have to delegate some stages. It would be helpful to have a rank order of who you'd like me to delegate to.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #3350
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well, with an apparent wolf reveal by Lathum, I think our COT (outside of you) is pretty much demolished. I would say go with your gut, I know that doesn't help but seriously, anybody could be tainted at this point, whether or not they were scanned good or not.