Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #3351
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He is the one proposing a 45% tariff on Chinese imports. He has no clue how the economy works. Being a pretend successful businessman on TV does not make you one in real life.

You can't privatize the health care industry. Even Reagan understood that.

Why cant you privatize health insurance? Im really curious. Because I dont know.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #3352
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
HRC's Supreme Court answer is helping Donald with the nose-holders. We'll see if Trump drops the ball in his response.
He barely even addressed the Court in his answer.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #3353
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Link please

Here.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #3354
Edward64
Head Coach

The debate seems pretty boring ... which works to Trumps favor. Hillary hasn't been able to get much under his skin IMO.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #3355
PilotMan
Head Coach

He's really has no clue how to formulate a thought does he. It's all sound bites. There's no substance there at all.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #3356
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why cant you privatize health insurance? Im really curious. Because I dont know.

No one is going to offer insurance to someone who has cancer. No one is going to offer insurance to someone born with a genetic defect.

That and we don't want people dying because they can't afford the costs of closest emergency room when they are having a heart attack.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #3357
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Trump is winning the primary debate tonight.

ftw

Like Steam?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #3358
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

That is all the stuff he said. I was loking for a link about suburban women being offended and not voting for him.

But thanks for that. Now Im part of the millions that are fact checking on a liars site. You made me part of her statistics.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #3359
Butter
Coordinator

Tarcone, you use liberal in every one of your posts like it's a shameful slur. I'm proud to be liberal. At least I have the good fucking sense to not vote for the least qualified person to ever run for president for a major party in the history of this country under the guise of "he knows about the economy" because he's had multiple businesses declare bankruptcy.

And I also had the good sense not to watch this debate when my vote is already decided and there is football and/or poker on.

Last edited by Butter : 10-09-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #3360
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
That is all the stuff he said. I was loking for a link about suburban women being offended and not voting for him.

But thanks for that. Now Im part of the millions that are fact checking on a liars site. You made me part of her statistics.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #3361
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
No one is going to offer insurance to someone who has cancer. No one is going to offer insurance to someone born with a genetic defect.

That and we don't want people dying because they can't afford the costs of closest emergency room when they are having a heart attack.

Okay. Legit on the preexisting. But couldnt the government step in?

As far as Hospitals, I think the whole system is rigged against you and me. I believe Big Pharma, Heralth Insurance and Health care is a big scam. I believe they keep costs high to make a profit.

So I dont believe a hospital couldnt afford to help someone.

Why is an ambulance ride cost $500? Why does an epi pen cost $600? Why does a bottle of insulin cost hundreds of dollars?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #3362
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Dying laughing ....what do you have positive to say about one another....hmmm...I respect his children LMAO.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #3363
PilotMan
Head Coach

This debate won't move the needle for anyone at all. One person talking about what they will do, and the other saying whatever thoughts happen to pop into his head.

Like Steam?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #3364
digamma
Torchbearer

Wait, Tiffani Trump didn't get to sit in the family box?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #3365
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

There are major rumors swirling that Mike Pence is actively seeking a way to leave the ticket, and also weighing how Trump could be removed.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #3366
Thomkal
Head Coach

Was reading the comments on this, a pretty fun one="Quick, someone tell Anderson Cooper's ear piece"-that might be the topper of the night if he reported that his running mate just dropped out.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-09-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #3367
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There are major rumors swirling that Mike Pence is actively seeking a way to leave the ticket, and also weighing how Trump could be removed.

Trump is not leaving the ticket. And no one in the GOP has the balls to stand up to him. Ted Cruz, a man who Trump insulted his wife, claimed his Father was part of an assassination of JFK, and called a liar every single day, was phone banking for him.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #3368
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Tarcone, you use liberal in every one of your posts like it's a shameful slur. I'm proud to be liberal. At least I have the good fucking sense to not vote for the least qualified person to ever run for president for a major party in the history of this country under the guise of "he knows about the economy" because he's had multiple businesses declare bankruptcy.

And I also had the good sense not to watch this debate when my vote is already decided and there is football and/or poker on.

And Im happy you are proud to be a liberal. Good for you. And smart move not watching.

And I think you are missing the boat on Trump. Its not about what he knows or doesnt know. Its about "insider vs. outsider" Or the perception of this.

HRC is THE ultimate insider. While Trump comes across as THE outsider.

Im not voting for either. I just love the double standard that this thread has become. And I love watching HRC get punched in the balls, as it were.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #3369
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trump can't be removed.

If Pence wants to leave his name would still be on a lot of ballots but I'm not sure what could stop him from doing so. It would be a little opportunistic after he had his very good VP debate performance, but the scandal timing gives him enough of a smokescreen I think he could pull it off.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #3370
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
This debate won't move the needle for anyone at all. One person talking about what they will do, and the other saying whatever thoughts happen to pop into his head.

See this what Im talking about. Trump said a lot about what he would do. But all you heard was him "popping off"

Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #3371
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Admittedly, I can't believe I watched that entire thing. However I will say the last answer seemed like the only genuine, legitimate answer I heard the entire night.

Now I am just waiting for the next audio tape, email and/or video that will be coming in the next few days that is going to contradict something they asserted as not true.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #3372
RedKingGold
College Starter

I think Trump dissing Pence will end up being the story of the debate.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #3373
digamma
Torchbearer

In the second half of the debate, Trump was much better than the first debate and the first half of this debate. But that's from ground zero of a starting point.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #3374
tarcone
Coordinator

What about HRC shaming the women Bill raped? Oh wait, talk is so much worse than action. LOL.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #3375
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think Trump dissing Pence will end up being the story of the debate.

Probably. I think because it stirs up the drama of Pence dropping out.

But I think the biggest story is Trump saying he's going to lock up Clinton if he wins. That's shit you see in 3rd world countries.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #3376
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Wait, Tiffani Trump didn't get to sit in the family box?

Asked my wife that - looked like she had to come around from the back along with in-laws, etc.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #3377
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

HRC is THE ultimate insider. While Trump comes across as THE outsider.

Ask Minnesota how Ventura worked out for them. Her political experience puts her head and shoulders above him as far as dealing with problems in the world. Trumps advisors are going to need a speak n say to educate him on every single matter at the most base educational levels.

Trump may have won, but like someone said earlier, he's straight playing to his base and nothing beyond.

Like Steam?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #3378
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Seems like a debate that won't move the needle much.

Probably a net benefit for Trump in that it will change the conversation from his locker-room-talk tape. And he did not implode, so I don't think that the GOP will pull the plug on supporting him.

One thing I did notice--early on, Cooper got Trump to state that he never sexually assaulted anyone. Trump tried to get out of saying it. If Clinton's team has any proof that he has, we'll see that proof sometime soon.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #3379
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The Bone Zone - Grey Tee | Barstool Sports
Old 10-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #3380
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But I think the biggest story is Trump saying he's going to lock up Clinton if he wins. That's shit you see in 3rd world countries.

So is Hilary.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #3381
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Ask Minnesota how Ventura worked out for them. Her political experience puts her head and shoulders above him as far as dealing with problems in the world. Trumps advisors are going to need a speak n say to educate him on every single matter at the most base educational levels.

Trump may have won, but like someone said earlier, he's straight playing to his base and nothing beyond.

I agree. But I think Trump knows his base may not come out an dvote like they did in the primary if he doesnt flame HRC. That was what stirred up his voters in the 1st place. The us against them rhetoric. If he doesnt play to that he will lose a lot of his folowing. Just for the fact that they will stay home.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #3382
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
See this what Im talking about. Trump said a lot about what he would do. But all you heard was him "popping off"

Everything is a disaster, I'm going to fix all of that, we're going to make everything so much better than she will. The moderator re-asked an entire question because after 2 minutes he didn't answer 1 thing related to it. This his answer completely blasted Pence, but he didn't expand on it at all. Super broad generalizations, no concept of what it actually takes to accomplish things, no concept of global geopolitical strategy, and idea that a single Senator wields all power in the Senate. I mean the list just goes on and on.

Like Steam?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #3383
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Trump can't be removed.

Thank you.

Ballots are largely (completely?) closed by this late date. Several states (4, IIRC) have already begun early voting, literally ballots already cast.

It was sheer silliness to suggest HRC was coming off the ballot around her fainting spell/collapse/whatever it was, it's even sillier today about Trump simply because there's even more logistical issues.

Short of literal death, these are the two candidates in November.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #3384
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree. But I think Trump knows his base may not come out an dvote like they did in the primary if he doesnt flame HRC. That was what stirred up his voters in the 1st place. The us against them rhetoric. If he doesnt play to that he will lose a lot of his folowing. Just for the fact that they will stay home.

Totally agree that if he doesn't play to them that he loses them. He has no choice, they've got him by the balls.

Like Steam?

Old 10-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #3385
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Everything is a disaster, I'm going to fix all of that, we're going to make everything so much better than she will. The moderator re-asked an entire question because after 2 minutes he didn't answer 1 thing related to it. This his answer completely blasted Pence, but he didn't expand on it at all. Super broad generalizations, no concept of what it actually takes to accomplish things, no concept of global geopolitical strategy, and idea that a single Senator wields all power in the Senate. I mean the list just goes on and on.

And he blasted her on her terrible foreign policy and economy record. And she had nothing.

Trump is not a stupid dude. I know you liberals think he is and I think that will be your downfall. Trump knows who he is playing too. And he is a master at playing to the. He is a reality TV star and this the ultimate reality TV show.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #3386
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

this kelly mcenamy is bat shit crazy....i love her!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #3387
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I think Trump would be a disaster, but I don't think that Jesse Ventura worked out that poorly for Minnesota. Part of it was working from outside either party, he put together a bipartisan and highly qualified cabinet that he allowed to work effectively. In the same manner he was highly praised by the legal community for his judicial appointments. There were some missteps, but he did manage to get some reforms passed, and did things like getting light rail started in the Twin Cities and actually investing the state's tobacco settlement money in endowments rather than using it for temporary budget fixes like some states.

Quote:

Some of the reaction I've seen is that the GOP isn't going to be thrilled by.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #3388
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

the CNN talking heads are hammering the point that he said hes going to put Hillary in jail....pretty scary.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #3389
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
And he blasted her on her terrible foreign policy and economy record. And she had nothing.

Trump is not a stupid dude. I know you liberals think he is and I think that will be your downfall. Trump knows who he is playing too. And he is a master at playing to the. He is a reality TV star and this the ultimate reality TV show.

Wow. If he's running for class president, then yeah, he's totally winning. Trump tells us all the time how smart he is. I don't remember the last time that Stephen Hawking just belted out, "I'm the smartest dude on the planet," cause if that's a thing I want to find it and put it on repeat on my phone.

Generally, the guy spouting off about that it is trying to convince you for one reason or another.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #3390
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
How is this a point for Trump? How will this get him the undecideds and moderate voters, particularly the educated suburban women he needs, to vote for him?

The Clinton don't hold a "superiority" argument on the misogynistic behavior/abused of women. People don't live in the stone ages anymore when it comes to getting and sharing information with smartphones, Google, and social media. That's why the mainstream media has lost the influence and people view it with such caution and even distrust.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-09-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #3391
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The NBC poll on PA today showed Clinton winning almost 2-1 with college educated whites. Romney easily won that demo four years ago.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #3392
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

And after blasting her record he showed that he, the guy who knows more than the generals, has no idea what's going on in Syria.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #3393
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
the CNN talking heads are hammering the point that he said hes going to put Hillary in jail....pretty scary.

Bob Schieffer mentioned that as well and included the term "banana republic." He sounded generally disgusted about the whole affair.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #3394
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Thank you.

Ballots are largely (completely?) closed by this late date. Several states (4, IIRC) have already begun early voting, literally ballots already cast.

It was sheer silliness to suggest HRC was coming off the ballot around her fainting spell/collapse/whatever it was, it's even sillier today about Trump simply because there's even more logistical issues.

Short of literal death, these are the two candidates in November.

I've had some trouble understanding the anger that Trump's supporters have for the establishment GOP. Then this weekend I watched the GOP D.C. insiders on Twitter all gleefully tweeting each other about how they were going to get to replace Trump and how the ballots didn't matter because you could just "free" the electors and then they could vote for whomever (i.e. the hand-picked candidate of the establishment). And certainly with no acknowledgement that voting for Trump has already started.

Then I understood. The contempt that the establishment GOP has for GOP voters is shocking. I disagree with their choice of candidate. But I would not think to change the rules of the election after it started just to make sure that their votes would not count.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #3395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If there's ever been a candidate worthy of "hung by the neck until dead", she's probably it.

The jail thing is nice scare tactics for the leftists, it's a wonderful warm feeling for Trump voters. Everybody wins apparently, since these circuses are nothign more than free red meat for existing supporters.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #3396
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The contempt that the establishment GOP has for GOP voters is shocking.

At this point though, it's also quite mutual in many camps. It just took a lot of voters a while to catch on & catch up.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #3397
digamma
Torchbearer

Just as with the Pence debate, I expect the Clinton team to have a really solid ad out tomorrow morning that highlights his crazy first 30 minutes of the debate, whether it's the locker room talk to ISIS pivot, his overbearing walking or lingering in the background. That has a chance to live on from the debate. I don't think the Trump team has the same ability or material.

Last edited by digamma : 10-09-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 PM   #3398
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The NBC poll on PA today showed Clinton winning almost 2-1 with college educated whites. Romney easily won that demo four years ago.

We should see the new polls--post-debate--around the end of this week?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:28 PM   #3399
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

How did our country fall so low?
Old 10-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #3400
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Ask Minnesota how Ventura worked out for them.
How did Teddy Roosevelt work out? The problem isn't with the idea of an outsider, it's the specific populist messenger.

(And like others have said, both Ventura and Schwarzenegger had their foibles, but they didn't seem any worse than the average governor in those states.)
Quote:
this kelly mcenamy is bat shit crazy....i love her!
It's CNN's idea of fair & balanced... 5 qualified liberals, 1 crazy liberal, 1 crazy & clearly unqualified conservative. She does do her job of providing them with cannon fodder quite well though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
How did our country fall so low?
Toute nation a le gouvernement qu’elle mérite

Tell everyone their opinion matters equally, create echo chambers for each side, and here we are. #ReturnToElitism2020
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote