Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #3351
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Gorsuch is obviously qualified for the position. So was Garland. Trump may be the king of the idiots, but there are still partisan jackoffs populating most of both sides of the aisle.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #3352
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
You mean, like emails?

Was it 4 or 5 months? I cant remember.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:49 PM   #3353
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm not sure I understand the big deal about Gorsuch other than its sour grapes by the Dems. He seems to be well qualified, well thought of, and doesn't seem to be as extreme as Scalia.
Are you talking about the politicians or the people? I suspect that the main issue for the politicians is concern about getting primaried from the left, because many of the *people* on the left are bitter about Garland and they want their politicians to fight at all costs.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #3354
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Was it 4 or 5 months? I cant remember.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politi...mail-timeline/

Investigation into her emails began late 2012.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #3355
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou
Are you talking about the politicians or the people? I suspect that the main issue for the politicians is concern about getting primaried from the left, because many of the *people* on the left are bitter about Garland and they want their politicians to fight at all costs.

I think they should be bitter about Garland. I'd be right behind Schumer(for probably the third or fourth time in his career, ever) if he went the 'we're filibustering until Trump sends us the rightful nominee Garland' route. Instead, he basically said that Gorsuch didn't convince him that he would be independent and follow the law. I think that's namby-pamby horse manure. Will be interesting to watch, because I think Gorsuch is exactly the kind of justice that should be on the court ... but I hate the idea of anyone benefitting from the kind of stonewalling nonsense that got us to this point in the first place.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #3356
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You can't bring a knife to a gun fight. Remember that several GOP senators were laying the groundwork for never confirming a Dem nominee and reducing the court to seven members. Not only would the politics within the party be bad if the Dems cave, but capitulating on Gorsuch rewards the behavior of the GOP. They'll still get Gorsuch, but the Dems better make them own the end of the judicial filibuster. In the end that's at least a decent consolation prize.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #3357
tarcone
Coordinator

Yay. More stupidity by the legislative branch. Games and more games.

We need to reform our system. But Im afraid this system is almost broken beyond being fixed.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #3358
Jas_lov
College Starter

The right move for the Dems is to filibuster Gorsuch. Keeps the base energized and is payback for Garland. I get a kick out of the argument that the Dems should play nice and wait for the next SC nominee to filibuster. McConnell will just invoke the nuclear option for that pick. He held up Obama's nominee for almost a year. Dems can't just roll over on this one. Playing to the middle doesn't work as Trump showed.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #3359
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Here is a way to save money AND protest our borders.
Shut down bases in foreign countries and bring all those soldiers home and place them on the mexican border. Cut off aid to other countries and spend it at home.

Problem solved.

Having bases throughout the world is how we protect our borders. Tough to start a war with us when we can strike from so many places and have so many allies.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #3360
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Having bases throughout the world is how we protect our borders. Tough to start a war with us when we can strike from so many places and have so many allies.

We can do that from here already. I think the technology has made that possible.

Time to put up the laser sats.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #3361
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump was quoted below today.

The current NK stalemate will eventually lead to intercontinental missile capability and will be a much bigger threat then. I like Trump's bravado about not kicking the can down the road for another admin to deal with. Somehow, I don't think this is a bluff so China starts applying more pressure, he would keep all options on the table.

Trump Says United States Can 'Solve' North Korea Without China - NBC News
Quote:
President Donald Trump said he can "solve" North Korea's weapons testing program without the help of that country's strongest ally, according to an interview published Sunday in the Financial Times.

"If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will," Trump told the British broadsheet. "That is what I am telling you."

When the interviewer followed up, pressing Trump on whether such unilateral action could be successful, the president responded with a single word: "Totally."

Trump did not provide a larger strategy or additional details, telling the paper: "I don't have to say anymore."

"I'm not going to tell you," Trump said when asked about various strategies the U.S. could use to motivate North Korea. "You know, I am not the United States of the past where we tell you where we are going to hit in the Middle East. Where they say — I used it in the speeches — 'We will be attacking Mosul in four months'. A month later, 'We will be attacking Mosul in three months, in two months, in one month.' And why are they talking? There is no reason to talk."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #3362
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The WH is saying Kushner is currently in Iraq.

Of all the strange things in the Trump admin, Kushner as defacto Secretary of State is the weirdest.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #3363
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The WH is saying Kushner is currently in Iraq.

Of all the strange things in the Trump admin, Kushner as defacto Secretary of State is the weirdest.

I think he maybe misunderstood his father-in-law when he told him "Check out that rack"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #3364
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I think he maybe misunderstood his father-in-law when he told him "Check out that rack"

Regardless of your political bent, that was a very funny line. Well played cartman
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #3365
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitPersonality1 View Post
Regardless of your political bent, that was a very funny line. Well played cartman

Old 04-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #3366
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
We can do that from here already. I think the technology has made that possible.

Time to put up the laser sats.

Militarizing space won't have negative ramifications with Russia or China at ALL.

I see no way that proposal can possibly fail.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #3367
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Bannon Removed From The National Security Council

Is Putin starting to lose his grip on the White House?
Old 04-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #3368
Easy Mac

I'm willing to praise Trump when he does smart, reasonable things. This seems smart and reasonable (although with the caveat that it shouldn't have gotten this far). So well done.

Now, lets move on to infrastructure and stop with the tax reform and health care.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:46 AM   #3369
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

For fuck's sake.

The EPA is proposing to eliminate some rules limiting child exposure to lead. The total cost of the rules is about the same as half a dozen trips to Mar-a-Lago, with the bonus that we'll pay a lot more later for the costs of the low IQ and increased crime!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #3370
bronconick
College Starter

Everyone's children can turn out like Flint now.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #3371
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Everyone's children can turn out like Flint now.

I'm sure some of them will be like Lady Jaye.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #3372
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Virginia Joe, and to your fate!
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #3373
Easy Mac

So Devin Nunes can go back to organizing his sock drawer, or whatever else he's mentally capable of doing for 2 minutes a day.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #3374
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Seriously, even if nothing's there that would directly implicate the Trump team, they're doing a fantastic job of making it seem like there is :/
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #3375
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Militarizing space won't have negative ramifications with Russia or China at ALL.

I see no way that proposal can possibly fail.

Who cares? We will have laser sats. Knock out thos nukes. Take out a leader or 2.

I see nop downside.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #3376
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting read in internal "family" politics. I think Trump needs to be careful, I can see Bannon being spiteful and dishing out some real dirt.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Quote:
Donald Trump’s chief strategist Stephen Bannon has called the president’s senior advisor and son-in-law Jared Kushner a “cuck” and a “globalist” during a time of high tension between the two top aides, several Trump administration officials told The Daily Beast.

The fighting between Kushner and Bannon has been “nonstop” in recent weeks, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity. It’s been an “open secret” that Bannon and Kushner often clash “face-to-face,” according to senior officials.

One official said Bannon has lately complained about Kushner trying to “shiv him and push him out the door” and likened him to a fifth column in the White House.

“[Steve] recently vented to us about Jared being a ‘globalist’ and a ‘cuck’…He actually said ‘cuck,’ as in “cuckservative,’” the administration official told The Daily Beast.

“Cuck,” a portmanteau of “cuckold” and “conservative,” has become a favorite slur on the right, used like a sexually and racially charged version of “RINO,” a Republican In Name Only. “Globalist” is a term typically used by nationalist, pro-Trump right-wingers against political opponents; however, the term has also come under fire for at times carrying anti-Semitic tones. (Kushner is Jewish.)
:
A Republican source close to Trump told The Daily Beast confirmed this level of insecurity over Bannon’s reputation coming from the president, and mentioned that the president was “irked” after catching a glimpse of a recent cold-open on Saturday Night Live.

Bannon was depicted as a Grim Reaper character who manipulates Alec Baldwin’s President Trump into sowing global chaos and diplomatic breakdown. At the end of the scene, “Bannon” tells Trump to give him his Oval Office desk back. Baldwin’s Trump calls the Reaper “Mr. President,” and then proceeds to go sit at his own much smaller, shorter desk, where the president plays with a kid’s toy instead of governing.

"Did you see this crap?" Trump asked the confidante, referring to the SNL sketch.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #3377
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Learn something new every day. Never seen/heard that portmanteau until just now. Clearly I'm not associated with enough conservatives I guess.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #3378
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Learn something new every day. Never seen/heard that portmanteau until just now. Clearly I'm not associated with enough conservatives I guess.

It's the word of choice for the 4chan/T_D subreddit part of the Trump base.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #3379
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who cares? We will have laser sats. Knock out thos nukes. Take out a leader or 2.

I see nop downside.

Your thinking is too small. Build a time machine and kill our enemies when they were babies.

No downside.

Last edited by JPhillips : 04-06-2017 at 12:35 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #3380
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Your thinking is too small. Build a time machine and kill our enemies when they were babies.

No downside.

Yeah they could always build a wall to keep lasers out.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #3381
Easy Mac

If Steve Bannon thinks Jared Kushner is a "cuck"... what does that mean he thinks about Ivanka?

Also, I'm glad to be alive in a time when "cuck" and "globalist" are equal insults to a certain part of the population.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #3382
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

No downside.

Now this is thinking.

We need this technology for when the machines take over. So let us get on it now.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #3383
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
If Steve Bannon thinks Jared Kushner is a "cuck"... what does that mean he thinks about Ivanka?

That he thinks he has a shot with her?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #3384
bob
College Starter

So, predictions if / what we do in Syria?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #3385
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
So, predictions if / what we do in Syria?

Unless Russia/Syria backs down, Trump will have to do some sort of military action. My guess is some sort of no-fly zone plus additional US troops on the ground in friendly areas.

He's already said a red line has been crossed so don't see him not do anything.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #3386
tarcone
Coordinator

Tired of the Middle East.

Ban muslims from coming here and pull everything and everybody out. Start drilling here and become self sufficient and let them and God sort it out.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #3387
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

lol
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #3388
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

lol, indeed. Especially since this current crisis was only brought upon because the Administration said we'll let the Russians take the lead in the Middle East. Oh wait, they don't give a shit that Assad is going to use chemical weapons? Oops... Surprise!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #3389
tarcone
Coordinator

He isnt the 1st to use them and wont be the last.
So we get Assad out. The what? We have another unstable country that some extremist group will claim as their own.
And things will be worse.

It is a broken record. Never should have taken Hussein out of Iraq or Amin out of Libya.
Strong men in those countries are a must. But the stupidity that keeps happening because they are tribal people, will continue to happen.

Artificial borders placed by the West dont mean squat to them.

The Middle East is a money pit that takes lives.

What does any of this intervention do?

Old 04-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #3390
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
“I think we’ve had one of the most successful 13 weeks in the history of the presidency”

DJT to pool reporters
Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #3391
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We're headed for a shutdown, aren't we?

Freedom Caucus chair: Government shutdown isn't likely - POLITICO

Caucus Chairman Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), who helped orchestrate the last government shutdown, said the Caucus has "six or seven" leverage points with the Trump administration to get what they wanted attached to a spending bill.

"The reason why I don't believe that there will be a shutdown is because of the other leverage points," said Meadows, who sat alongside Freedom Caucus members Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Justin Amash (R-Mich.). " … In any Congress, you have only two or three leverage points on must-pass pieces of legislation. This year, we've got six or seven different leverage points, and so those leverage points provide another opportunity."

Those leverage points, Jordan said earlier during the panel, included repealing and replacing Obamacare, overhauling the U.S. tax code and securing funding for the border wall, all of which President Donald Trump repeatedly promised during his presidential campaign.

"I think those other leverage points allows the shutdown talk to be minimized in a couple of weeks because there are other things that are following right behind," Meadows said.

This almostsounds like "We have so much leverage. So much much leverage. People will be tired of leverage"
Old 04-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #3392
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's the word of choice for the 4chan/T_D subreddit part of the Trump base.

Wait ... that exists?

Srsly?

I had no idea.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #3393
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Wait ... that exists?

Srsly?

I had no idea.

Much like TV channels and podcasts, everything exists in those places now.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #3394
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Wait ... that exists?

Srsly?

I had no idea.

Yeah. 4chan has a huge (YUUUUGE) Trump supporting contingent. Basically angry white dudes mad that they've failed at life and that no girls will ever fuck them.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #3395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
DJT to pool reporters

It's only been 11 weeks Donald, come back when its 13.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #3396
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yeah. 4chan has a huge (YUUUUGE) Trump supporting contingent. Basically angry white dudes mad that they've failed at life and that no girls will ever fuck them.

Don't forget the subreddit algebra for the_donald (correlation of overlapping subreddits amongst users of the primary sub when you add or subtract another subreddit to see what remains).

(source: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ine-following/ )

4chan/reddit's trump userbase are just bad people, basically.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #3397
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

sounds like a Syria strike is coming soon.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #3398
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola:

It has begun.

Jesse Rodriguez on Twitter: "NBC News: US military has launched more than 50 missile strikes on al-Shayrat military airfield near Homs, Syria"
Old 04-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #3399
Easy Mac

#syriahoax
Old 04-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #3400
Edward64
Head Coach

Seems to be measured as its focused on the airbase responsible for the chemical attack.