Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #301
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I look at it like this. A win is a win, especially in an archrivalry season opener. The offense will come along in time.

The two dropped pick sixes didn't help either. But Marshall, Brown, and the pass rush looked pretty good at least.

If I had seen your earlier post I'd have told you to try the MIA-BUF stream at ATDHE.net, it was clear and didn't stutter for the entire second half which is kind of remarkable.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #302
Thomkal
Head Coach

Poor Jimmy Clausen has to make his debut trying to prevent getting sacked in the end zone for a safety
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #303
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You don't see many walkoff wins like that in Football.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #304
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Also, how do you love that the way Buck (he was calling the game, right- I just switched over for that last play) frames it was "Well, it's the right call but there should be an exception". That way it sounds like the NFL got it right no matter what even tho it's not nearly so cut and dry

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #305
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

After Calvin got up and left the ball behind I was like, "Wait...," but in all honesty that should have been a catch. Detroit looks to be better this year, but they still can't turn improvement into actual wins.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #306
kingfc22
Head Coach

And we have a Nate Clements sighting. Nice to see he wants to contribute this year.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #307
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I KNOW!! Holy crap, since when did Ryan become an "elite" QB?? They've said that at least twice, and have also said things like "with Matty Ice out there, you know you have a good chance to blah blah blah."

Yeah, I was hoping that he'd keep throwing that "patented deep out" ball. That thing looks like a juicy pick 6. Gay dropped an easy pick 6 earlier in the game too.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #308
Schmidty
Coordinator

The NFL should be ashamed about that, because it's an absolute travesty. I'm really nauseous right now.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #309
henry296
College Starter

The Mendenhall TD play may have been the same play that Parker scored on in Super Bowl 40. I'd love to see if anyone asks Tomlin about that.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #310
cmp
Pro Rookie

I can't even watch another game today after that. I turned my TV off and am done with the NFL for the night.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #311
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And one final thing about the falcons. I love the fact that Jamal Anderson the RB is probably still a folk hero with the dirty bird crew. Then they draft a guy named Jamaal Anderson and he absolutely sucks.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #312
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd help post bail if someone wants to beat the fuck out of Joe Buck. He drips douche like a summers eve.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #313
Swaggs
Coordinator

Glad to see Troy back. He is one of the biggest difference makers in the NFL and, in my opinion, last season's injury moved us from contender to missing the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Big Snack and Max Stark may both be out for awhile. It's been a rough two years for injuries -- especially in the two areas where we have the least depth (along each line).

Dixon needs to get a lot better between week 1 and 2 if he wants to have a long NFL career, which is entirely possible. Too many rushed/bad throws today and not enough positive scrambling plays for my liking.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #314
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Glad to see Troy back. He is one of the biggest difference makers in the NFL and, in my opinion, last season's injury moved us from contender to missing the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Big Snack and Max Stark may both be out for awhile. It's been a rough two years for injuries -- especially in the two areas where we have the least depth (along each line).

Dixon needs to get a lot better between week 1 and 2 if he wants to have a long NFL career, which is entirely possible. Too many rushed/bad throws today and not enough positive scrambling plays for my liking.

He should only get better. Getting these starts this season will help him in the long run.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #315
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'd help post bail if someone wants to beat the fuck out of Joe Buck. He drips douche like a summers eve.

He's a two sport tool, too

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #316
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

No horse in Detroit-Chicago, but, then, not sure there is much disagreement. The Lions got jobbed.

That said, because Chicago ends up with the win, I might actually win some $$$.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #317
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Happy with the Dolphins win. Sure, it was ugly, but never take a road win for granted. The defense was terrific. The running game was solid. Brandon Marshall played much better than his stats show.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #318
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Can't believe that bS in the lions game, makes me sick
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #319
Thomkal
Head Coach

Adrian Wilson has blocked a kick an Intercepted a Bradford to Clayton pass already for my beloved Cards
Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #320
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Happy with the Dolphins win. Sure, it was ugly, but never take a road win for granted. The defense was terrific. The running game was solid. Brandon Marshall played much better than his stats show.

Having watched the whole game (friend is a Bills fan), I have to disagree with the defense playing well. The Bill's playcalling was atrocious, and their execution was horrid. How do you only rush 14 times with Jackson, Lynch and Spiller? The no-huddle drive was great, but otherwise it was more the Bills sucking than the Dolphins playing good D.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #321
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Oh Randy.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #322
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
#'s are a little inflated with the huge halftime deficit, but Ochocinco has looked great. 12 for 160 and a td on 13 targets, including at least 3 great sideline grabs (and another one right now while getting laid out by Meriwether). Gresham looks like a good pick-up in deep or keeper leagues, and even T.O. should get some stats - I don't think he'll blow up because Chad is his homeboy. Even Palmer had 340 and 2 td's.

Overall, the Pats offense did look very good (as expected), but any time you can add a defensive TD and a special teams TD your odds of winning go up substantially.

That was a werid game for stats. It felt like Palmer could/should have thrown 3-4 INTs with the risks he was taking. Instead he ends up with what looks like an efficient game (+ a free 50 yards on a useless hail mary).

I think the Patriots actually suffered from running that TD back for the first score of the 2nd half as their offense didn't see the field again until barely any time was left in the 3rd quarter and their defense wore out.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #323
kingfc22
Head Coach

Alex Smith rolling so far. Niners should just keep throwing as SEA has shown no answer in the secondary.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #324
SackAttack
Head Coach

How many sacks is this for Rodgers now? I thought this OL was supposed to be improved.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #325
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Adrian Wilson has blocked a kick an Intercepted a Bradford to Clayton pass already for my beloved Cards

And now has added a sack as well. Welcome to the NFL Sam.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #326
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

GET IT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING ENDZONE, 49ers
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #327
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ugh! This game should be 21-0 right now. The play calls onside the 10 have been atrocious.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #328
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Lions got fucked in the ass on that. I broke my remote.

That rule needs to go away.

Been one hell of a year for Detroit teams & bad calls. I hope the dick that made that call gets the stomach virus that had me laid up in major pain for the last week (lost 10 lbs in the process.) Fuck him.

Next week Lions, don't let the dickheads wearing stripes decide a fucking thing. Knock the other teams dicks off on every play then point to the scoreboard & tell the refs to suck it after the final gun.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #329
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Man this has been a pretty ugly Giants/Panthers game. And now Matt Moore may be hurt. 6 Carolina turnovers, 4 Giants turnovers

Moore was awful. He looked great during the 2 minute drill at the end of the first half. Outside of that he was just terrible. The first interception there were 5 defenders close to the intended receiver. The last two inside the red zone were just horrible decisions. The one thing that bugs me the most was watching Carolina get 1st and goal around the 5 after a pass interference call and watching them call three pass plays in a row, all three were terrible throws, Deangelo Williams doesn't get a single run inside the 5, really!?

At one point in the 2nd quarter they showed that Carolina had ~75 yards rushing and the Giants had -2. At the end of the game Carolina had 89 and the Giants over 100.

Last edited by Radii : 09-12-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #330
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Absolutely terrible PI call keeps the Seahawks drive alive, and they convert a TD. Sigh.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #331
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Ryan Grant seriously might be done for the year, the knee is not supposed to twist like that. he had to hop off the field on one leg to the locker room.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #332
Danny
Head Coach

Man I hope not, I have him in my money league.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #333
Galaril
Pro Starter

Holy crap what hell was the refs smoking at the end of Lions game?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #334
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Moore was awful. He looked great during the 2 minute drill at the end of the first half. Outside of that he was just terrible. The first interception there were 5 defenders close to the intended receiver. The last two inside the red zone were just horrible decisions. The one thing that bugs me the most was watching Carolina get 1st and goal around the 5 after a pass interference call and watching them call three pass plays in a row, all three were terrible throws, Deangelo Williams doesn't get a single run inside the 5, really!?

At one point in the 2nd quarter they showed that Carolina had ~75 yards rushing and the Giants had -2. At the end of the game Carolina had 89 and the Giants over 100.

Yeah was very surprised Williams didn't get a chance to run it in, especially given the play early in the game where he was on his way to a TD if not for a great play by the safety. Probably (hopefully) John Fox's last season if this game is any indication of what things are going to be like.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #335
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Ryan Grant seriously might be done for the year, the knee is not supposed to twist like that. he had to hop off the field on one leg to the locker room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Man I hope not, I have him in my money league.

THIS is what a hate about "fantasy" football. A guy's season may be over (who knows from there) and all you hear from guys is "damn, I started him in my fantasy league." On the other end, someone will claim to be a fan of a team, but be jumping up and down, thrilled because he started a player that just destroyed his real team.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #336
Thomkal
Head Coach

And the Cards get their first TD of the season with a 1 yard Hightower run and lead 10-3
Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #337
Danny
Head Coach

Should I go cry in my pillow instead? I'm not a Packers or Ryan Grant fan. Sucks for him of course if he is done, but people always pick out information that is relevant to them in some way.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #338
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
THIS is what a hate about "fantasy" football. A guy's season may be over (who knows from there) and all you hear from guys is "damn, I started him in my fantasy league." On the other end, someone will claim to be a fan of a team, but be jumping up and down, thrilled because he started a player that just destroyed his real team.

Let me know if you need a hand getting down from that horse.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #339
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Agreed, MGB. And this is coming from a big Fantasy Football guy. It's kind of why I avoid picking players from my own team and division rivals. The rivals is harder to do, but if I see equal value I'll take that just to avoid having to even consider rooting for the enemy.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #340
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

kolb looking strong. and by strong i mean he's had 3 picks dropped and just completed a pass to his center.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #341
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
kolb looking strong. and by strong i mean he's had 3 picks dropped and just completed a pass to his center.

Yeah, this has been the worst possible start to his career as a full time starter... I was always against trading McNabb and nothing that has happened today makes me change that stance.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-12-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #342
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dear Andy Reid,

Keep that animal molestor on the sidelines and let your inexperienced QB try to get into the flow of the game!!! Kolb will never get going if you keep putting that jackass in every other play, especially when it looks like you have no clue what plays to call when he is in the game and are putting him in just to put him in!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #343
bhlloy
Coordinator

Starting to hear some boos in Philly already... Kolb looks like a small school guy who has only started a couple of games in his career.

What's gotta be more worrying for Eagles fans is that Reid doesn't seem to trust him to throw down the field right now. Could see a lot more Michael Vick in the second half of this one.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #344
Thomkal
Head Coach

And Bradford gets his first NFL touchdown to tie the Cards at ten at the half. Cards might as well forfeit the rest of their games this season if they can't beat a poor Rams team with a rookie QB in his first start.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #345
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nix that good start by Smith. He looks lost out there and the Niners are watching this game sail away.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #346
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Hmm Kolb out with a concussion. Thats not good.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #347
Thomkal
Head Coach

Is Kolb hurt or they take him out? I knew he was injured earlier in the game.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #348
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ah posted one minute too late
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #349
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Or there is the other option, of going only with the creep. Unfortunately it's caused by a concussion but you need to let one QB get into the flow of the game. This every other play crap was idiotic.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #350
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This is looking like what I was afraid of, once the first Green Bay TD it would open the flood gates...