Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You are saying Nike. They win.

That about sums it up.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #302
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU was lucky to pull the win out. Although they did control the time of possession, they just couldn't get the ball in the end zone.

Ole Miss DB's man handled our supposedly taller and stronger WR's and took them out of the game forcing Heaps to attack underneath to the TE's and RB's. Add in the fact I think Doman was being VERY and I do mean VERY conservative with his playc calling in his first ever game.

The one thing I thought would be our biggest question mark that ended up showing strong was our defense.

Kyle Van Noy and Jordan Pendleton on the outside are beast.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #303
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't understand Nike's strategy. It seems most people find the uniforms ugly. Is this some kind of viral marketing? Does making ugly uniforms equate to revenue somehow?

I'm being totally serious. What is the strategy behind these uniforms?

Summing it up in three words: Teenagers like them.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #304
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
You are saying Nike. They win.
Wouldn't we be saying it if the uniforms looked good?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #305
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dang, Moore is 7/7 on a drive to start the second half, now 21-7 Boise.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Below the radar today, Richmond beat Duke 23-21
Stony Brook leads UTEP 10-3 at the half
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #307
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii Colorado on espn2 if anyone wants to check out the Warriors this season.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #308
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Despite the events of last night saying "Not so fast".. if Boise state scores here, it's gonna be VERY hard for GA to come back.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #309
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

68 yd punt return punts SC up 56-31 with 9 mins left. That's a 42-7 advantage for the Poultry in the 2nd half.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #310
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Also of ACC interest, UVA absolutely steamrolled FCS #3 William & Mary 40-3 (and it wasn't as close as the score indicates). There is no reason at all that UVA can't be 5-0 heading into the ACC home opener verse Georgia Tech. UVA had 6 freshmen make a big impact, so things looking much more positive than in the past few years.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #311
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Boise just looks as sound and solid as any team I've seen yet.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #312
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I wonder if Boise will finally get some respect if they win this by 4 scores. Its about time people stop making excuses why a team that clearly has talent to match any team in the country doesn't deserve to have a shot at the title.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #313
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii QB Moniz has 56 yards rushing on 2 attempts
Old 09-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #314
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

wow. Boykin almost pulled that one off too.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #315
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Boise just looks as sound and solid as any team I've seen yet.

They're also exposing a mid-pack SEC team. To this point I'd have to wonder whether Georgia doesn't end up with a new OC before the season ends (unless they want a new HC after it's over).
Old 09-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #316
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I wonder if Boise will finally get some respect if they win this by 4 scores. Its about time people stop making excuses why a team that clearly has talent to match any team in the country doesn't deserve to have a shot at the title.
Their talent is still a small notch below most BCS schools, but they are so well coached and just don't make mistakes. I don't know if Peterson would be able to pull this off with a major program, but I'm blown away by how disciplined they are on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #317
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They're also exposing a mid-pack SEC team. To this point I'd have to wonder whether Georgia doesn't end up with a new OC before the season ends (unless they want a new HC after it's over).

Agreed for the most part. I've also heard Richt is on the hot seat after last year

still anyway you put it, its a dismantling of a top 20 team.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 09-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #318
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Their talent is still a small notch below most BCS schools, but they are so well coached and just don't make mistakes. I don't know if Peterson would be able to pull this off with a major program, but I'm blown away by how disciplined they are on both sides of the ball.

pretty much right on. They can compete with anyone in the country because of there discipline and excellent coaching. The talent is good, but not great.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #319
Tigercat
College Starter

If Lee can shake off the jitters sometime this year.... I like LSU against any team in the nation. That may be a big if though, considering those jitters date back to 2008.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #320
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

And as I say that , Boise blows a coverage
Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #321
RainMaker
General Manager

Right after praising their discipline, they make a bonehead penalty and have a blown coverage.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #322
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I guess even the most disciplined teams can fuck up, they just do it less then most
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #323
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Wouldn't we be saying it if the uniforms looked good?

I wonder if we would as often? Nike makes it "controversial" (ie. ugly) means we talk about it more than if it were good.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #324
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

State wins the opener against Liberty. However, they looked unimpressive in doing so. Naturally, the longknives are out, especially after watching Russell Wilson tear up UNLV on national TV Thursday night. To me, it's a win and any win is a good one when it comes to State athletics. I am not anticipating big things (7-5 or 6-6, another middling bowl appearance), so I'm not working myself up much about it.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #325
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

In college coaching is way more important then the pros, obviously. If you can get a coach that coaches up the players they have you can be successful. I consider Iowa in this department. We consistently get 3* players, with the occasional 4*. Never a 5*. But the Iowa coaching staff just coaches them up. To the point that they end up as 5* type players.
Boise does this and then they play a weak conference schedule and rarely get beat.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #326
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
still anyway you put it, its a dismantling of a top 20 team.

Well, somebody has to be ranked outside the top 10.

Realistically, this looks like a team that (if they lose tonight) is probably 7-5 this year, 8-4 if they steal one they shouldn't somewhere along the way. Maybe that's a top 20 or top 25 team in today's landscape but I'm not sure how much that really means anymore.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #327
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well, somebody has to be ranked outside the top 10.

Realistically, this looks like a team that (if they lose tonight) is probably 7-5 this year, 8-4 if they steal one they shouldn't somewhere along the way. Maybe that's a top 20 or top 25 team in today's landscape but I'm not sure how much that really means anymore.

This. No depth (or talent) at OL, no depth at DL or LB. Georgia will be lucky to be a top 20 team at the end of the year. 7-5 would be the best that can be hoped.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #328
tarcone
Coordinator

Will Oregon lose a chance at the NC. Esp. playing in the weak PAC12?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #329
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This. No depth (or talent) at OL, no depth at DL or LB. Georgia will be lucky to be a top 20 team at the end of the year. 7-5 would be the best that can be hoped.

I've got them losing to SC, FLA, AUB, and splitting with the two MS teams.
Winning both Ole Miss & Miss St then they'd end up 8-4 unless they manage to lay a massive egg somewhere else.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #330
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Will Oregon lose a chance at the NC. Esp. playing in the weak PAC12?

I'd think so, unless there's some perfectly timed losses that generate a lot of 10-2 teams and Oregon runs the table from here on out.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #331
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yea I think 8-4 too. Not great, and definitely out of the top 25 by seasons end, or at least they should be.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #332
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I can't agree more with this. This offseason has been amazing to me. UGA fans have gone from wanting their coach's head on a plate to thinking they will probably win the SEC east to thinking that UGA is the only team outside the top 10 with a chance of winning the national championship (I actually heard the local radio station do about 2 hours on this). All while losing AJ Green and I think their #2 WR from last year and their entire RB depth. They assume that at worst the new freshman RB will be Marcus Lattimore. No other fanbase I'd love to shut up early in the season like this.

Thank you Boise St. Can't wait to hear the sports talk radio implosion here in Atlanta.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #333
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Oregon not looking good at this point, but for some reason I feel like they are still a top 5 team. Quite possibly not but maybe its just a down game
Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #334
GrantDawg

Quote:
Thank you Boise St. Can't wait to hear the sports talk radio implosion here in Atlanta.

That's what you get for listening to talk radio and thinking that they might be reasonable.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #335
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's what you get for listening to talk radio and thinking that they might be reasonable.

Eh, I expect that the entertaining stuff will be cut with a healthy dose of "y'know, that Boise team ain't bad". I'm expecting a ton of that on the local (Athens) sports talk, the red & black tinted glasses will be in full effect here come Tuesday morning.

One of the best things that happens for Georgia in this is that Monday is a holiday, so a lot of stations may not have regular schedules.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #336
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Oregon not looking good at this point, but for some reason I feel like they are still a top 5 team. Quite possibly not but maybe its just a down game

Im not so sure about this. Unless LSU is just the best team in college this year. Oregon hasnt done much the entire game and has been dominated on both lines.
They are fast, but that is all they have shown is speed.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #337
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im not so sure about this. Unless LSU is just the best team in college this year. Oregon hasnt done much the entire game and has been dominated on both lines.
They are fast, but that is all they have shown is speed.

yea the more I watch , the more your probably right. They may run the table after this, but the rest of there schedule isn't exactly against top 10 teams either.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #338
bob
College Starter

Quote:

Fair enough. I could never decide if the show hosts were so high on UGA because they were idiots or because it gets them good ratings.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #339
GrantDawg

Quote:
Fair enough. I could never decide if the show hosts were so high on UGA because they were idiots or because it gets them good ratings.

The later.

I love football commentators. Basically he just said Georgia's defense needs to stop the run and the pass. Ummmm, duh. Name a defense that doesn't.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #340
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I guess the main reason I was thinking favorably of Oregon, is I feel that they have out played LSU and haven't looked bad. 5 turnovers will kill any team.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #341
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii QB Moniz now has 96 yards rushing and a TD after that 57 yard td run
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #342
molson
General Manager

Speaking of sports talk radio, Boise is starting to feel more like a big-time college football town as the sports radio here gets more ridiculous. The other day they did 2+ hours on whether Jared Zabransky should represent the team in the pre-game ceremony, in light of his meltdown at Athens about 6 years ago.

Other than that, it's still all surreal, because Boise doesn't feel like a big-time anything (which is one of the best things about the city). The stadium has the blue turf, but otherwise, it's a tiny dump right off a strip mall road. There's no real campus, the school is still a glorified commuter school in the shadow of U of Idaho (which itself doesn't cast that much of a shadow, of course).

It's been a fun ride though. I'm not a "fan", but it's fun to see them do well.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #343
bob
College Starter

Quote:
I guess the main reason I was thinking favorably of Oregon, is I feel that they have out played LSU and haven't looked bad. 5 turnovers will kill any team.

Yep. Ask Notre Dame.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #344
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #345
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

For portions of this game? Sure. For the whole game? No way. LSU's D is further ahead of Oregon's D tonight than Oregon's O is ahead of LSU's offense. And LSU has the special teams edge. And that is without taking into account that LSU has played smarter with the ball and with penalties.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #346
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii's Defense looking solid.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #347
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yea, the penalties have been bad for sure.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #348
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

It still blows my mind that now days Boise has freshmen from Georgia, Florida, New York, Louisiana, etc. Crazy how these kids want to go to Boise.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #349
tarcone
Coordinator

LSU is showing Oregon how much better they are with this drive. Oregon cant stop a big line
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #350
tarcone
Coordinator

Oregon/Stanford will be huge. That will be the BCS game.