Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #301
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm guessing you will nose me out in getting to 20. I'm just a smidge into 19 right now.

How was the group after Brillig and I left last night? The guys we were with earlier seemed a little on the reckless side. For example, I know you ended up dying in a mission where there was no good reason for a death.

For tonight's stuff I would love to check out either Faultline or Boomtown if people are up for that. I know that a couple of us have Faultline missions and, last I saw, Neon has a Boomtown mission as well.

It was alright. Managed to find a solid group.

2 tanks, 1 controller, 2 defenders, myself, and 2 blasters. Solid all-around, and we cakewalked through my rampage to lvl 19.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #302
Brillig
College Prospect

You can take your time with Faultline, there are two very short story arcs from 15-20, and a short and medium length one that you can't get to until levels 20-25.

----

Checked out the base, looks like things are getting going, but you seriously need some paint . No need to think about going to a bigger plot any time soon, that should come well after you get rid of the oversight room and replace it with 'real' power and control rooms. Besides, the smallest plot size is free, once you upgrade you start having to pay rent (in prestige) monthly...
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #303
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey, I'm on, and I'm hoping to do Positron tonight (wanna hit 15-16 tonight). Let me know if you can make it on
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #304
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I was on and off a bit tonight. I wont get any solid play time until the weekend.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 AM   #305
hoopsguy
General Manager

So attempt #1 at Positron was not exactly a success - I think we got about halfway through before people dropping combined with party makeup did us in.

Played long enough to clear out some old missions, get about halfway through 19. See you guys on Thursday and Friday nights - after that my trial will be up and I'll be taking a break for awhile.

I've pretty much decided to play on, but at a reduced schedule. I'll probably be good for 1 night per week and probably one weekend day/night. Will tinker with starting up villains and seeing if I can keep Waterloo close enough to the other characters to be mildly interesting.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #306
Brillig
College Prospect

Positron can actually be soloed, as it's the only Task Force without a archvillain.

Also, TF's don't need to be finished in a single setting, but it takes a pretty together group to log back on and pick up a TF after stopping mid-stream.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #307
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Hey what kind of stuff do we need for our base? I wanna do some building.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #308
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
Hey what kind of stuff do we need for our base? I wanna do some building.

I actually did some building last night. Not much, but check out the room when you teleport inside the base. If you have access, all you have to do is use the current influence to purchase items/decorations.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #309
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Then it's on like donkey kong! I'm gonna pop in now and take a look.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #310
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
Then it's on like donkey kong! I'm gonna pop in now and take a look.

To make these changes, I believe you have to click the "Edit Base" button. If you click "Upgrade Base", it will only give you options to build other rooms.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #311
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got a bunch of weapon racks that I can add if people want to see those.

Also, last I saw we were capped on enhancements. Is there a way to go beyond 100 of these? If not, then lets start moving some of these items out of there, folks.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #312
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Once we build a bigger base, we can build another enhancement table

(Of course I think we can move any basic enhancement right out of there.)
Old 09-27-2007, 04:26 PM   #313
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Did we build a med-lab? Because we should get one of those!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #314
Eilim
High School Varsity

Ok, so I'm in Perez Park the other day, helping my good friend Waterloo locate a cave entrance. While he's inside doing his thign fighting crime, I'm just sorta roaming around checking out the park when a giant ball of snot hits me in the head. Not only was this annoying, but it hurt! (350 damage, plus a small DoT after the fact.) Now, Founders Falls, Crey's Folly.. I understand this sorta thing, its expected.. But Perez park?!?1 Come on now. So I hop on the wall and take in my surroundings, low and behold I see the mighty Kraken.

Now, normally, I'd see the purple with no level, the tag "Giant Monster", and just be on my way. But this thing had the nerve to spit snot at me! He was going to go down. After recording some images of other heroes engaging the kraken (yeah, so what if they all went down like a sack of potatoes, they aren't me.. I'm the Mighty Uafasach, damn you!). the call goes out. The brave heroes Waterloo and Neon Chaos MK.II join me in my battle. This despite the protests of our not so fearless leader.. "Your all going to die", along with other disparaging remarks along those lines. And she calls herself a hero, worse yet, a scrapper. *Hides face in shame*

Anyways, we enter the fray.. and I'm sure you all know there was only one way this could end.

Had a blast in the attempt to even scratch him, failed attempt that is. Only regret is I think Waterloo faceplanted along with me, next time run dammit! If a scrapper makes the run call, you know things have gone bad. Unless of course its Galeana, the gurly scrapper. *snicker*
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #315
Lorena
Unregistered

burn
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #316
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Score:
Snot flinging Giant Monster: Lots
Silly scrappers who Like XP Debt: ZERO.

Uafasach: "Hey! Guys! Lets throw ourselves at the Giant Monster who does six hundred damage a stomp!"

Me: "You guys like XP Debt huh?"

Uafasach: Awww we can take em! Forward men!

*splat*

Me: Told ya so.

Uafasach: I just wish I could've reported that we budged his HP bar.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #317
Eilim
High School Varsity

I'll have you know it was initially Waterloo's idea to take him on. I was completely content with repeatedly running up and punching him in the jewels a few times then running away.

As of now I know if I actually had inspirations, I can tank him for a good bit of time. Also, I can sit there with my damage near capped, cycle through all my attacks for a while and he will just stand there, laugh at me, step on my head, and then continue to spit snot at me.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #318
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Shoulda ducked.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 AM   #319
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Shoulda ducked.

Doh! Now you tell me, I'll try that next time I see him up. Waterloo, Neon, you game for another try? This time I'll duck! He's doomed for sure.

I'm just annoyed I had stopped the demo recording a bit before we attacked and didn't think to start it back up. Could have made a nifty little music video out of it. Ofcourse, I would have had to find a short song... A very short song.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 AM   #320
Eilim
High School Varsity

Dola:

I also believe at one point Foz warned the others something to the effect "You guys do realize your listening/following a guy who has been recording demos of heroes getting stomped by the kraken for fun, right?"

Here is one such demo recording I had made a little while before tasting the dirt of Perez park. At the time I hadn't realized fozzie was hunting in the area untill he sent me a tell asking if I was just going to stand up on the wall all day. (That right about the point you'll see me pan over and see Gal standing over quite a few prone bodies.) You might notice my somewhat delayed response, but I was giving a running commentary of the fight in about 3 different chat channels at the time. I think this was the 3rd or so group I saw fail in their attempt. You'll also get a nice shot of me getting a snot ball in the face as I lost sight of the kraken and went in for a look. Going to try and turn it into an animated gif for use as an avatar on some forums.

Heres the demo: Link (right click, Save as)

And here's a link to the demo launcher that makes demo viewing so much easier: Demo launcher link

Edit: Just actually sat through the 3+ minutes of nothing after the heroes fled, didn't realize I had recorded that long. If you actually bare through the time of me just staring at the kraken, you'll see me make one of my runs to see how much damage I could do, and take from him. This is one of, if not the first runs I did, as I bailed the minute he landed a heavy blow, not sure how often he would land it. No laughing at my hopping, thought I had hit super jump, but obviously hadn't. After a few later runs, realized he seemed to miss quite a bit, and didn't land the 600+ blow as often as I feared. Also came to the conclusion touch of fear was not going to work, and that I seemingly could not damage him at all on my own no matter how often I landed blows.

Last edited by Eilim : 09-28-2007 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Just watched
Old 09-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

I still believe that if we had a group of 10+ people going in after him - like I had when I was part of a Paladin mission in Kings Row - that we could take this guy down. And I want a part of it.

As for the face-plant, I got whacked in the time it took Inertial Reduction to go on - couldn't jump away in time after taking a couple of hits immediately following the defeat of Uafasach.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #322
hoopsguy
General Manager

On an unrelated note, two of my three missions are in Kings Row. Seriously, when are they going to stop shipping me here? I'm frigging Level 19 and there isn't anything above Level 10 in the whole place!

I want Faultline, Talos, and Independence. I'll accept Boomtown, Steel, and Skyway for another couple of levels. But no more Kings Row, Atlas, or Gal City! For whatever reason, my contacts haven't gotten the memo on Kings Row.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #323
Eilim
High School Varsity

*looks over at the others and whispers* Guess I shouldn't tell him I spent most of 35 doing contact missions that sent me to King's Row... with a few hollows trips thrown in for good measure.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ugh - I blame your contacts

Let me know who they are so I can avoid them.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #325
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Well the trial has come to an end last night and Eilim is correct, we do have to pay. I am still curious if this holds for buddy accounts, but I guess that doesn't matter since I don't have one. So with that said, I would have to pay $60 for DC and I to continue and then tack on the $30 bucks a month.
I don't mind doing this if a number of people are going to stay. Neon has already informed me that he may not continue due to both the price and bad network connections at home. So I am just curioius. Who plans on continuing?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #326
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm continuing.

Get the Good v Evil Pack for the two of you. $19.99, a free month for one account and some bonus powers.

You'd still have to pay the monthly fee for the both of you though.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #327
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm continuing.

Get the Good v Evil Pack for the two of you. $19.99, a free month for one account and some bonus powers.

You'd still have to pay the monthly fee for the both of you though.

Where are you getting $19.99. I keep seeing $29.99 for that.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/store/goodversusevil/
Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #328
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I saw it for $19.99 at the local gamestop.. let me check their webpage
Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #329
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Says $30 on Gamestop.. *shrug* know what I saw
Old 09-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #330
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ok....wait a minute. It looks like Fry's Electronics. I will have to see if the price is still the same since we live half a mile from one.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to continue playing for a little while at least. I'll probably be taking one week off before getting back in the mix.

Finances just got a little tougher at home, but I think I can justify the $15/mo for this will keep me from spending money on other activities that would exceed this rate. We'll see how long I can keep telling myself that
Old 09-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #332
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I'm definitely going to keep playing. I've actually been spending alot of time on the villain side lately.

If you're over there, I'm playing as Naretev, lvl 7 mastermind.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #333
Eilim
High School Varsity

Well, I'm far too addicted to stop playing. I'm even working on a small website to post screenshots and tell the tales of my adventures.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #334
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Going to keep playing as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #335
larrymcg421
Head Coach

You guys want me to set up a Villain Group? I was thinking of CFOF: Villains for Hire, or Maximum-Villains.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #336
Brillig
College Prospect

That's Maximum-Villains 2.0, foo!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #337
larrymcg421
Head Coach

We can't be 2.0 until we buy the beer tent for the base!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #338
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm all for the villains group - will break one out in the near future.

Played last night with Neon in a fun group, finishing off the Dr. Vahz storyline. Hit 20, picked up Vengeance. So, while I won't be rooting for anyone in our parties to die, I am looking forward to breaking this power out
Old 09-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #339
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*snerks*
Old 09-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #340
Eilim
High School Varsity

Just got Sweat Shop to level 6, here's him with his boys, Slave Wage and Overtime:

Old 09-30-2007, 12:19 AM   #341
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Okay, got the villain group created. It's Maximum-Villains. Send me a tell in game (Naretev) and ill invite you.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 09-30-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #342
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Anyone game for the parade? I recreated King of Mardi Gras for it...

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...=0#Post9259889
Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #343
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you can play across servers then I'll pull out my all-time favorite COH character, Don the Baptist.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #344
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Naretev is up to level 15, after leveling twice in a two hour period last night. With this build (MM Merc/FF) I've been able to solo on the highest setting (relentless) without much trouble at all.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #345
Eilim
High School Varsity

Masterminds are definitely a blast to play. So far its been the only character to pull me away from Uafasach at all. I'll probably get back to him after this recent push to 40. I want another costume dammit. (I say that now, but once I hit 40 I'll probably want to push for 50, just because I'm getting close and I'm falling in love with the RWZ. )
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #346
hoopsguy
General Manager

Who else is still playing? I haven't seen Ant/DC or Sir Fozzie the last few times I've been online.

I think we still have Sachmo and Yellow, but are there others that are still playing?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #347
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing, just my time has been restricted the last few days.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #348
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I'm still playing, time restricted also. Should be on all weekend though.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #349
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Restricted times as well, but im not the play every day type anyway. Hence my 10 level 8 characters!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #350
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Restricted times as well, but im not the play every day type anyway. Hence my 10 level 8 characters!

You're Virtue's version of Marmel
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote