Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #301
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Which healthy Saints' WR is the better pickup, Meachem or Henderson?

EDIT: Sorry, it's a PPR league.

Your guess is as good as anyone's- it's a toss up of who gets open. If Moore and Colston are both out then I could Devery getting more catches- but really it's just a shot in the dark.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #302
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My QBs are Josh Freeman and Kyle Orton. Orton scared me last not, not only looking poor but also the crowd chanting for Tebow.

My league has Fitzpatrick, Cam, Grossman, Henne, and McCoy on the free agent wire. Should I consider dropping Orton and picking up one of those guys? Which one? Am I overreacting after 1 week?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #303
Danny
Head Coach

Drop Orton for Newton now. I was not high on him before the season, but it looks clear he should put up some good fantasy stats. I would also drop him for Fitz as well personally, not the others though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #304
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Drop Orton for Newton now. I was not high on him before the season, but it looks clear he should put up some good fantasy stats. I would also drop him for Fitz as well personally, not the others though.

Well with that I have managed to revamp my entire roster. I dropped Roy Williams, Bernard Berrian, Ronnie Brown, and Kyle Orton. I picked up Devery Henderson, Nate Burelson, Ben Tate and Cam Newton. Hopefully my bench is in a better spot now.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #305
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I'd go for Fitzpatrick- he was solid at the end of last year as well.

Cam - While I was very impressed he will be up and down this year, and won't get to play the Cardinals every week. If he put up solid fantasy numbers again this week against the Pack then I'd make room for him on my roster.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #306
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea. Fantasy wise, if I had to choose one or the other I'd take Fitzpatrick.

I give Cam props, but I'm not ready to label him anything yet.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #307
MrBug708
Head Coach

Should I trade Stephen Jackson now? Or should I plan on holding onto him and hope he bounces back? I currently have Ray Rice, Shonn Green, and Beanie Wells on my team. My WR corps are a little more tenuous as I have DeSean Jackson, Steve Johnson, Mike Thomas, Lee Evans, and Lance Moore (who is currently out, but he likely won't be doing special teams anymore, so his value is poor for me)

The WR's on the team that is interested are:
Nicks
Wayne
Gibson
Britt
Floyd
D. Henderson

Last edited by MrBug708 : 09-13-2011 at 05:29 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #308
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post

Cam - While I was very impressed he will be up and down this year, and won't get to play the Cardinals every week. If he put up solid fantasy numbers again this week against the Pack then I'd make room for him on my roster.

I agree..Fitz is solid.... And on the plus side he faces Miami twice and the Pats twice.....thats good for about 2000 yards right there..

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 09-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #309
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

He won't be available then. You don't win fantasy football titles by going with the solid player. Cam has far more upside than Fitz due to his running ability.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #310
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Thoughts on a trade...

12 Team PPR League
1-2-2-Flex (RB/WR/TE)-1-1-1 Starters

QB - Stafford, Henne
RB - McFadden, F. Jones, B. Wells, J. Best, T. Hightower, Tate
WR - A. Johnson, S. Holmes, S. Moss, J. Jones
TE - Gates

I've got a guy desperate for a running back and he's willing to move Jermichael Finley to get one. If I land him, I can play either Finley or Gates in the flex spot.

Now, I'd like to do it for Hightower but not sure he would take it. Is it worth doing for Beanie Wells, or should I try and package up Hightower with Julio Jones?
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #311
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like Wells or Hightower better for the flex spot right now than I do Finley. I wouldn't trade.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #312
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He won't be available then. You don't win fantasy football titles by going with the solid player. Cam has far more upside than Fitz due to his running ability.

Depending on the makeup of the roster- I'd rather go with a safe bet at QB (I'm assuming if he needs a QB the RBs and WRs should be pretty damn good). Cam will have some bad games, I'd wager he'll have more bad games that cost you a win than good games that will win you a week.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #313
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Thoughts on a trade...

12 Team PPR League
1-2-2-Flex (RB/WR/TE)-1-1-1 Starters

QB - Stafford, Henne
RB - McFadden, F. Jones, B. Wells, J. Best, T. Hightower, Tate
WR - A. Johnson, S. Holmes, S. Moss, J. Jones
TE - Gates

I've got a guy desperate for a running back and he's willing to move Jermichael Finley to get one. If I land him, I can play either Finley or Gates in the flex spot.

Now, I'd like to do it for Hightower but not sure he would take it. Is it worth doing for Beanie Wells, or should I try and package up Hightower with Julio Jones?

I would rather have Wells starting as my flex over Finley. If you could do it for Hightower & something then go that way- gives you flexibility, and could then try to package Finley + something for an upgrade at another starting position.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #314
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I would rather have Wells starting as my flex over Finley. If you could do it for Hightower & something then go that way- gives you flexibility, and could then try to package Finley + something for an upgrade at another starting position.

Yeah, I'm pretty deep as is. Finley gives me a bye week tight end and flexibility throughout all of the bye weeks (and insurance for any possible Gates injuries).

I cut package up Jones with Hightower. Colston was just cut due to his injury and I probably have the depth to pick him up and sit on him for a few weeks.

So basically I'd be flipping Hightower and J. Jones for Finley and Colston on my roster.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #315
Danny
Head Coach

Hightower is a better PPR player than Wells...
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #316
Danny
Head Coach

Trade Wells straight up for Finley if you can. Finley should score about the same amount of points as Wells in a PPR and give you TE depth. I would definitely do that over Hightower and Jones
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #317
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I like Wells or Hightower better for the flex spot right now than I do Finley. I wouldn't trade.

Definitely make the trade. I suggest my preference, but I would do either honestly. Finley scores as much as Wells and close to Hightower (in PPR) and gives you a stud TE in the event Gates gets hurt. And you have a ton of RB depth.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #318
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Should I drop Nate Burleson to stash an injured Lance Moore on my bench? Burleson is purely bench this week. He is my #5 in a league that requires 3 starting WRs.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-18-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #319
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Burleson might flirt with 1000 yards this year and is a clear number 2 in an offense that will score often Stafford also likes him. Only dump him if Stafford goes down. Moore is just a piece in an offense that tends to spread the ball a lot, and unpredictable numbers suck for fantasy teams. (Thats why I never draft Chris Johnson) Burleson, to me, is a good bit more valuable than Moore.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #320
bhlloy
Coordinator

God damn it, 2 points behind with Vick and Turner - doesn't look like Vick is coming back and Turner can't buy a yard
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #321
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
God damn it, 2 points behind with Vick and Turner - doesn't look like Vick is coming back and Turner can't buy a yard

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #322
bhlloy
Coordinator

board reverse mojo FTW!

That was awesome...
Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #324
kingfc22
Head Coach

Looks like it worked
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #326
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is Felix Jones as garbage as I think he is? Pretty much over him already.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #327
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
It's only 52 yards, I want the TD also.

How about a fumble now since that opponent is me.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #329
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola, what kind of role does McCluster have going forward?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #330
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have him in a couple of leagues and he didn't get as many carries as I had hoped with Charles out, that backfield is a mess with McClain and Jones around and you know he's not getting any goalline touches.

Still worth a gamble I'd say - especially in Yahoo leagues where he seems to qualify as a WR as well as a RB. But my expectations are pretty low after the # of carries he got today after Charles went down.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #331
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So...

From here on out...I got

Phil Rivers
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Do I even /consider/ making Cam my starting...he's like mini-Vick? Do I try to sell high on him and net something back (what would I even shoot for)?

I lost again this week, but I'm not panicked.

Rivers did okay (22 points)
Lions defense got me 21.
DJax hurt me with 2, but Bowe had 11.

My opponent just had a better week but next week

Rivers vs KC
Netwon vs Jax

hmmmm.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #332
spleen1015
Coordinator

I would try to trade one of your QBs, maybe to the owner of Vick or Romo.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #333
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Love, love, love it when ESPN adjusts you down by 7 points overnight. It shouldnt be hard for them to have the right score.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #334
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just lost Vick and Felix Jones and Hernandez.

How about romo and Fred Jax for my Britt and Kolb? Or is Britt truly among the top 3 fantasy WR in the league?

Is that good value.

Last edited by stevew : 09-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #335
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My RBs right now are Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Ben Tate, and Jahvid Best. It is a 12 person league.

Honest question, what do you guys think the odds are that Tate keeps the starting job or at the very least splits carries when Foster comes back. The coach there benched Foster a few times last year, once for fumbles and once for his attitude.

I think when Foster comes back they split carries.

This leads me to my question comment. I am hell bent on trying to get a WR at this point. In the above money league I have to start 3 WRs and 2 RBs. The last 2 weeks I have had Bernard Berrian give me 0 points and Johnny Knox 4 in the WR 3 spot. Combine that with my WR1 Desean Jackson having an uncertain status right now I would like to get a WR.

Everyone in my league seems to be downplaying my RBs. I thought I was set pretty good here. I won't trade Rice. I would like to move one of Best/Gore/Tate, but I'm not willing to get ripped off. I had the following offers:

Ray Rice for Calvin Johnson(really?)
Frank Gore for Santana Moss(not feeling it)

No one wants any part of Best or Tate. I mean come on, this is a 12 team non PPR league. What gives?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #336
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah.. I have Tate and Foster, and I'm just at a loss for what to do.

I didn't play either in week 1. Played Foster in week 2.

Just not sure where to go from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #337
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Kubiak said today that until Foster gets over his hamstring that Tate will be the primary back and get the load.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #338
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Kubiak said today that until Foster gets over his hamstring that Tate will be the primary back and get the load.

With that said am I expecting too much? Shouldn't I be able to get someone with more weekly potential than Moss for Gore? What should I expect in return for Tate/Best at this point?

I suggested Tate for Moss and was literally laughed at. Was offered Hines Ward for him by one guy and another owner(one with Foster) joked I should cut him and let him pick him up. I asked what he would give me for Tate and he said nothing.

EDIT: I also mentioned that and said I don't expect Foster to get the job back 100%(I see a load split) this season barring a Tate injury/serious drop in production. No one buys that in my league either.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-19-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #339
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Fuck your league. Just keep your guys and beat em. They're either trying to bait you into doing some thing stupid (probably whats happening) or they are obviously demented.

You need the help at RB, but don't do something stupid just to get a WR2 or something. Call the guys on their bluff.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 09-19-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #340
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Britt/Kolb for Knox/Romo/Fred Jackson.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #342
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
That's right Giants. Air it out or hand it to Jacobs. Keep Bradshaw on the sideline so I can win my game this week. Can my 1.8 lead stick through the 4th quarter?

Come on! Run the clock out with Bradshaw...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #343
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like with all the new concussion rules, leagues should really add IR spots.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #344
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I feel like with all the new concussion rules, leagues should really add IR spots.

The FOFC Auction league has this
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #345
wolverine29
n00b

Would anyone consider this trade?

I was offered Antonio Gates/LaDainian Tomlinson for Vernon Davis/Knowshon Moreno.

I also have Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews, Steven Jackson, Ben Tate, Shonn Greene, Brandon Jacobs at RB currently.
wolverine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #346
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I don't think the difference between Vernon Davis and Antonio Gates is all that much (maybe that's wishful thinking for the 49er offense to wake up, but I can't imagine they'll remain this stagnant), and I think Moreno is worth a good deal more than LT at this point. Even though you seem pretty stacked at RB, I don't like the deal.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #347
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I would try to trade one of your QBs, maybe to the owner of Vick or Romo.

I guess does anyone believe that Cam is a QB1 for the rest of the season?
Does anyone think I should sell high on him?

One owner has offered me MJD for Rivers which I would consider low bid (QBs in our league get 6 points per TD). He's got Freeman/Crawford as his QBs.

I'm not sold that MJD is going to be that good this year, especially with no QB (it's like Chris Johnson last year).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #348
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Ok I have a pretty big trade offer on the table...11 teams, total points only, no h2h, standard PPR, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T)

My roster:
RB - Mendenhall
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Tolbert
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Benie Wells
RB - Willis McGahee

WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Greg Little (dropping him for hopefully David Nelson thursday)

TE - Finley
TE - Mercedes Lewis

So I like to think this roster is pretty stacked- I told a friend I'll give you any 2 WRs for Andre Johnson (jokingly) he said ok Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace. So now that would leave me with less depth, but I'm thinking Johnson + Britt > Jackson + Wallace? Then I'd keep Brandon Lloyd and whoever else is my WW pickup as backups and pretty much roll with 3 RBs most of the season as I really like Wells and Tolbert as the flex.

Am I looking at this the right way? Should I hold tight with who I have?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #349
MikeVic
Head Coach

I would say Andre Johnson for Wallace and Jackson would be very uneven (you'd be losing out a ton). I think Wallace and Jackson will have good seasons and could both be top 5 or so... Andre Johnson could be top 5 too, but I'd say you're giving up way too much there.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #350
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Agree with Mike. I'd stay pat if I was you.

Johnson and Britt combined will probably equal less then Jackson and Wallace on seasons end. There's too much upside for Jackson and Wallace for me to even consider that trade, personally.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 09-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.