Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #301
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The TV announcers feel that Gary Teale who has 12 goals in 39 games this season will be my key player. They feel that Dave Kitson who has 16 goals in 35 games will be Preston's key player. They feel that my team is in good form right now, and will likely beat Preston today in a close match.

9 minute mark: Teale with a nice dribble down the right sideline.. passes to Rix just outside the box.. Rix passes into the box to Giuliani.. he fakes right.. the keeper isn't fooled.. he tried to shoot for the upper left corner.. the keeper blocks the shot.. the defense clears it.

15 minute mark: Begeorgi fakes out two defenders while dribbling down the left side of the pitch.. he crosses for Teale in the right edge of the box.. the pass is a little off target but Teale gets to it just before it crosses the endline.. he gathers it.. passes to Giuliani who is right in front of the net.. Giuliani immediately volleys it.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! Spectacular goal!

Halftime: We dominated the ball in the first half and mostly played in their half. Giuliani is looking particularly good and had a few opportunities. We are up 1-0.

It's nice to see that we have over 17,000 fans here at home today.

49 minute mark: Mares with a nice defensive play.

51 minute mark: Nicell clears a corner kick with a good header.

68 minute mark: Elliott on for Begeorgi and Kelly on for Rolfes.

83 minute mark: Teale with a great pass to Elliott in the box.. Elliott shoots.. the defender blocks it.. we have a flurry of shots.. each of them blocked by the keeper or a defender.

88 minute mark: Teale crosses to Elliott who heads it to Giuliani in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. great save by the keeper.

90 minute mark: Mares with a big tackle on Jackson in the box.

92 minute mark: Rix steals it in the midfield.. passes it to Lunt on the left wing who passes it to Elliott in the left side of the pitch.. Elliott with a quick short cross to Giuliani by the far post.. Giuliani heads it.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is Giuliani's 2nd.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 10-2 (8-1 on goal)

Giuliani has a 9 for form and wins MoM, 14 of 21 pases, 1 of 1 tackles, 7 of 10 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Sorry Doc,
I tried to get a good word in. He said that they were looking for a new ball boy though.

Thanks for the effort
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #303
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This a rumor, or have they come and expressed interest or made an offer?

Just a rumor on a national website that local TV has picked up. I was asked to comment and said that I will sell him at the right price.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Mr. Whelan was seen dancing in the owner's box after the game with the owner. Later this evening, he came up to me and offered my a cigar. He said that he is very happy with my management of the team lately. He hopes I keep the team on this winning streak.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #305
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 21, 2009 (Later that night) -

Kenny Lunt has 3 9's and 2 8's for form in the last 5 games. He has a 7.64 for the season. I decide to release a media story praising his recent play.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 22, 2009 -

Fans wrote in droves to the newspaper agreeing with my praise of Lunt.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 24, 2009 -

Alberto Giuliani was selected to the Championship Team of the week.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #308
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
There is/was an instructional manual of about 50 pages. It is fairly good, but I recommend getting a strategy guide from the FOFC forum to help fill in the blanks. Of course, I (and others in this forum I'm sure) are always glad to answer specific questions.

Edited to clarify: I meant you should get Marc V's strategy guide which can be found in the general forum.

EF,
I am having some trouble finding the guide. What was it titled, or do you have a link to it?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #309
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
EF,
I am having some trouble finding the guide. What was it titled, or do you have a link to it?

SunDancer, or anybody else wanting the Hints and Tips guide (that's what it's called), simply PM me an email address and I'll send it to you. I have it here...

Know in advance that it's the CM4 version, as I think Marc Vaughan is still working on the FM2005 version.

You can also get it from the SI website (www.sigames.com), somewhere in their download section.

FM
Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 28, 2009 -

Today we host Reading. We are currently in 18th place. Reading is currently in 6th place. Reading has a talented team that is led b striker Dean Morgan. Morgan is very fast and is a good scorer. He has 8 goals on the year. Their other strikers Tommy Smith and Steve Brooker also have 8 goals. Their fourth striker Darren Francis has 7 goals. Their balanced scoring is actually quite impressive. Their midfielder Alan Quinn is a main assist man, but he also has 6 goals. Their top defender, right fullback Pascal Chimbonda is injured for this game. Their Centreback Ibrahima Sonko is an experienced shut down defender. Keeper Iain Turner is very good and will be difficult to score against.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 60's today.

GK: Paddy
DL: Mares
DC: Wall
DC: Ward
DR: Nicell
ML: Lunt
MC: Elliott
MC: Rix
MR: Teale
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Giuliani

S1: Gerken
S2: Rolfes
S3: Graham
S4: Ambourouet
S5: Kelly
Old 02-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #311
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Alan Quinn gets a yellow card for pulling Teale's jersey.

30 minute mark: Lunt with a pass to Elliott who shoots.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

36 minute mark: Rix passes to Elliott in the box.. he shoots.. keeper saves it.

39 minute mark: Lunt passes to Elliott in the left side of the box.. he shoots for the upper right corner... the keeper blocks it and the defense clears it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We only have 11,000 fans here today..

48 minute mark: Elliott passes to Rix who gets it to Giuliani in the box.. Giuliani with the hard shot towards the upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. it bounces off the crossbar.. the defense clears it.

50 minute mark: Teale's nice pass is cleared by the centreback before it can get to Giuliani.

62 minute mark: Elliott gets a yellow card for pulling Turner's jersey.

65 minute mark: Graham on for Begeorgi who is tired.

81 minute mark: Elliott passes to Teale.. Teale shoots.. barely over the bar.

88 minute mark: Rix passes to Lunt who heads it to Giuliani.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.

Game over. 0-0 tie. We dominated possession against one of the top teams in the league, but couldn't get one by their tough keeper.

We outshot them 15-2 (6-1 on goal)

Iain Turner, their keeper, won MoM for his 6 saves.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Stuart Elliott injured his ankle and will miss approximately 5 days.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2009 -

Mr. Whelan has told me that he is pleased with my performance as manager of the team.

Charlton's Francis Jeffers has won Championship Player of the Month. Nicky Fenton of Doncaster came in 2nd, and Gavin McGann of Leicester came in 3rd.

Fabrice Begeorgi has won Young Player of the Month. Danny Guthrie of Ipswich came in 2nd and Dean Evans of Plymouth came in 3rd.

Crewe's John Ward has won Manager of the Month. I came in 2nd! Stephen Constantine of QPR came in 3rd.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:46 PM   #314
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 3rd, 2009 -

I accidently lost the preview information today, but we are currently traveling to face West Ham which is 21st in the Championship. We are 18th. Their offense is led by Zamora. Barrett is their most consistent midfielder lately. Purse leads their trio of good centrebacks. Keeper Danny Coyne is just average at the age of 35. We should be able to beat them today.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 60's today.

Our lineup is the same except Elliott is injured and Rolfes is starting at midfield again alongside Rix. Wright becomes the extra sub on the bench.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #315
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Zamora injured Nicell. I'll have to keep a close eye on Nicell.

23 minute mark: Rolfes passes to Giuliani who passes it to Teale in the box.. Teale with a strong shot.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

25 minute mark: Paddy stops a good shot from Zamora.

35 minute mark: Ward with a strong defensive play on Zamora.

42 minute mark: Teale passes to Giuliani who shoots for the upper right corner.. strong shot from only 15 yards away.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

46 minute mark: Stockdale passes to Zamora in the box.. he shoots.. great save by Paddy.

59 minute mark: Mares with an excellent pass to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. keeper tips it over the bar.

63 minute mark: Long pass from Mares to Begeorgi.. he heads it to Giuliani.. he shoots.. over the bar.

65 minute mark: Rolfes has had a fairly poor game.. I sub Kelly in for him.

I also sub Graham on for Giuliani who is just tired.

82 minute mark: Rix steals it at midfield.. passes it to Lunt ont eh left wing.. who crosses for Teale.. who heads it to Graham in the middle of the box.. he shoots immediately.. over the keeper's right shoulder... GOAL!!!! 1-0.

89 minute mark: Rix passes to Teale who passes to Graham who heads it to Begeorgi who shoots.. Coyne dives.. great save.

Game over. 1-0 win on the road

We were outshot 14-9 (but it was 6-3 in our favor for on goal shots)

9 guys had an 8 for form (Rolfes has a 5 and Giuliani had a 7.)

Pavel Maes wins MoM, 22 of 27 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 12 of 14 headers, 2 interceptions.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 4, 2009 -

The first knockout round of the Europeans Champions Cup concluded today:

Ajax beat Anderlecht 6-2 on aggregate.

Arsenal beat Real Sociedad 7-4 on aggregate thanks to an impressive 6-2 win at home today.

Deportivo beat Bordeaux 2-1 on aggregate.

Chelsea beat Monaco 4-3 on aggregate thanks to a 4-1 victory at home.

Liverpool beat Porto 3-0 on aggregate.

Man Utd beat Benfica 3-1 on aggregate.

Real Madrid beat Olympiakos 1-0 on aggregate

Juventus beat Werder Bremen 3-2 on aggregate.

So all 4 English Teams will be in the Quarterfinals!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-24-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #317
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 4, 2009 -

Fabrice Begeorgi came to me today and told me he feels like he has finally settled in at Wigan. He says it feels like home, and he really looks forward to elevating his game as he can now focus on football. He is enjoying life in the area and looks forward to a long term with the team.

Hopefully, he will pick up some English soon.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 7, 2009 -

Georges Ambourouet has informed me that he has settled into life at Wigan and now feels comfortable here. He is looking forward to a long career with us.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 7, 2009 -

We are currently in 16th place and today we host Doncaster. They are currently in 20th place. They have had a lackluster year. Centreback Nicky Fenton has been one of their few bright spots and he has played very well. Right fullback Dave Mackay has also played well. Keeper Nick Colgan has been good. Their leading striker is Daniel Nardiello with 7 goals. Gavin Mahon has been the most consistent midfielder.

We are even odd favorites.

It's going to be overcast with temperatures in the low 60's today.

DC: Ward
DR: Wright
MC: Rolfes

S2: Elliott
Old 02-24-2005, 04:58 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

25 minute mark: Allsopp gets a pass in the box.. he shoots.. strong save by Paddy.

32 minute mark: Teale makes a good move to earn a corner kick. Teale takes the corenr.. goes for the near post.. Rogers outjumps Giuliani and clears it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

60 minute mark: Rolfes gets a yellow card for a trip on Allsopp.

65 minute mark: lunt crosses for Giuliani.. he heads it.. barely wide left of the goal.

67 minute mark: Teale crosses for Begeorgi.. Begeorgi lets it go through his legs.. to Lunt.. Lunt draws two defenders.. passes it back to Begeorgi.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

69 minute mark: Mahon gets the ball at midfielder.. passes it to Jarvis in the box.. Jarvis shoots from 15 yards out.. lower right corner.. Paddy dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. Tied 1-1.

73 minute mark: Kelly on for Rolfes and Graham on for Giuliani.

85 minute mark: Teale crosses for Rix who heads it to Kelly.. Kelly shoots.. barely wide right.

Game over. 1-1 tie. Tough tie in a game we should have won.

We outshot them 12-3 (2-2 on goal)

Danny Allsopp (another Hull CM 03/04 player I liked) wins MoM, 20 of 22 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 8 of 9 headers, 1 interception.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 8, 2009 -

Fabrice Begeorgi has been called up to play for the U21 French team in matches against Russia and the Ukraine.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:24 PM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 11, 2009 -

I've heard that Michael Stewart wants to leave Preston as a Bosman player. This 28 year old Scottish midfielder is very talented. I decide to contact his agent to see how much he wants. They state that he wants 4,400/week. I decide this is a great bargain for such a good player and offer them that.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-24-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 13, 2009 -

Paddy Kenny has been called up for the Irish National Team's match against South Africa on March 25th.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:39 PM   #324
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 14, 2009 -

Michael Stewart has agreed to come join our team as a Bosman transfer. 4,400/week is a major bargain for this talented player who is currently valued at 3.4 million. He will join the team on July 1, 2009.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-24-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:49 PM   #325
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 14, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Nottingham Forest. We are in 16th place and they are in 3rd place. They are led by the excellent play of midfielder Rohan Ricketts who has 12 assists and 7 goals on the year. He has made many very good plays for them. Striker Sam Parkin has been a star this year, and has benefitted from the excellent midfield play. Parkin has 22 goals on the year. Left fullback Gary Naysmith and centreback Ryan Handbury combine to lead a solid defense. Keeper Stuart Taylor is a veteran who is hard to score against.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining today and temperatures are supposed to be in the high 50's.

DC: Wright
MR: Nicell

s2: Elliott
Old 02-27-2005, 08:00 PM   #326
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Take a few days off from the game?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #327
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Ricketts with a nice cross for Parkin who heads it.. great save by Paddy.

17 minute mark: Ricketts passes to Johnson on the left wing.. he crosses to Parkin in the center of the box.. Parkin with a diving header.. into the left lower corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

19 minute mark: Teale with a pass to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

25 minute mark: Lunt passes it into the box for Giuliani who quickly shoots.. powerful shot.. towards the left corner.. barely wide left.

26 minute mark: Ricketts with a corner kick.. sends it to the near post.. Hamilton heads it... it deflects off Lunt.. Evans hits it on the half-volley.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

Halftime: Down 2-0. We were dominated this half. They have over 27,000 fans here.

55 minute mark: Paddy stops a flurry of shots before Mares finally clears it.

62 minute mark: Lunt has been lackluster, I bring on Elliott for him. I also sub Graham on for Giuliani who is tired.

70 minute mark: Elliott with a good pass to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. barely wide left into the side netting.

78 minute mark: Elliott crosses for Graham inside the right half of the box.. he heads it.. barely over the bar.

81 minute mark: Payne passes to Parkin in the box.. he shoots from 10 yards left half of the box.. Paddy tries to cut down the angle.. great save by Paddy.

Game over. 2-0 loss.

We were outshot 19-8 (5-0 on goal)

Paul Hamilton (DC) had a 10 for form and won MoM, 17 of 22 passes, 7 of 9 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 8 interceptions.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #328
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Take a few days off from the game?

Yes. For the explicit purpose of pacing myself. I don't want to finish this season until after the patch is out. I want to get the regen benefit ASAP.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #329
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes. For the explicit purpose of pacing myself. I don't want to finish this season until after the patch is out. I want to get the regen benefit ASAP.

Whats that mean? I don't have the game, so I don't know the flaws.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is a bug currently in the game (among quite a few minor ones that still exist) where regens didn't develop technical attributes.

In the game when players retire, they eventually become regens. They have a new name, new identifying data, but similar abilities. It is a technique to keep game balance over time I believe. So, any of the regen players wouldn't develop properly with this bug.

The patch will fix this bug and will have a retroactive fix. As a result, when the patch comes out on 3/2 any of the regens I have in my system might start developing signficantly over a season's time. Furthermore, new regens will be introduced into the game when the season ends and the patch will make sure they don't get hit hit with this bug. So I don't want to get to the end of the season until after the patch comes out.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 15, 2009 -

Manchester City has fired Gary Megson. Kevin Keegan is the favorite to take over the job (didn't he manage there already?) Reviewing his history I see that he did work there until he resigned in December of 04. Apparently, he might think he can go back home again.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #332
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 18, 2009 -

Since Barry Ferguson was hurt, Gary Teale has been called up to the Scottish National Squad.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #333
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 21, 2009 -

Micky Adams has left Nottingham Forest to become manager of Everton. It will be interesting to see what happens to Nottingham Forest.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #334
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 21, 2009 -

I've been informed that Stuart Elliott was magnificient in N. Ireland's World Cup Qualifying match against the Czech Republic. The game ended in a 1-1 tie. Elliott had a 9 for form in the match and made many key passes.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 22, 2009 -

Kevin Keegan and Manchester City couldn't come to an agreement. Instead, Richard Money will be leaving Stoke to take over Manchester City.

I came to an agreement with Bristol City to take 27 year old centreback Tom Hutchingson off their hands for 6,000 dollars. I think this English gent has the ability to rotate in some at centreback for us and for such a cheap price, I'm willing to give him the chance to play some. He accepted a backup role and 2,400/week salary.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #336
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 25, 2009 -

Farbice Begeorgi played well in a U21 match for France against Ukraine. The game ended in a 0-0 tie, but Begeorgi had 3 good attempts on goal and had a 7 for form.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #337
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
There is a bug currently in the game (among quite a few minor ones that still exist) where regens didn't develop technical attributes.

In the game when players retire, they eventually become regens. They have a new name, new identifying data, but similar abilities. It is a technique to keep game balance over time I believe. So, any of the regen players wouldn't develop properly with this bug.

The patch will fix this bug and will have a retroactive fix. As a result, when the patch comes out on 3/2 any of the regens I have in my system might start developing signficantly over a season's time. Furthermore, new regens will be introduced into the game when the season ends and the patch will make sure they don't get hit hit with this bug. So I don't want to get to the end of the season until after the patch comes out.

Oh thanks..When they regenerate, they regen as youth players, with those skills, but likely develop to the level they are at of the player "they take over"? Do they re-emerge with the same clubs, or are they at the lower levels and get bought up by the big clubs?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:14 PM   #338
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My understanding is somewhat limited so perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

My belief is that they regen as youth players (somewhere around 16 years old) and they don't have the skills yet, but they have the potential. Of course if they are a regen of a true superstar, their skills will look good for a 16 year old at that age. They can develop with any club, and sometimes even in different countries (I'm really not sure about that part.) They could develop at a low level club or a top tier club with a good youth academy.

Again, I hope someone will correct me if I misunderstood something about the process.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:15 PM   #339
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am sure that there is no guarantee (and it is unlikely) for them to appear at the exact same club where they played.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:16 PM   #340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March, 28 -

Our kickoff time for our match with Stoke on April 25, 2009 has been pushed back to 17:30 as television wishes to televise the match.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #341
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
My understanding is somewhat limited so perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

My belief is that they regen as youth players (somewhere around 16 years old) and they don't have the skills yet, but they have the potential. Of course if they are a regen of a true superstar, their skills will look good for a 16 year old at that age. They can develop with any club, and sometimes even in different countries (I'm really not sure about that part.) They could develop at a low level club or a top tier club with a good youth academy.

Again, I hope someone will correct me if I misunderstood something about the process.

EF, that is about how I understand it too.

FM
Old 02-28-2005, 03:54 AM   #342
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

The only thing I'd add is that I'm pretty sure that they don't automatically assume the same position they had before. So a SC could become a regen DMC. Just as long as they have the superstar potential. I'm not positive about it, but I think this change was an adjustment from the previous system in CM4.

Last edited by Desnudo : 02-28-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #343
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
The only thing I'd add is that I'm pretty sure that they don't automatically assume the same position they had before. So a SC could become a regen DMC. Just as long as they have the superstar potential. I'm not positive about it, but I think this change was an adjustment from the previous system in CM4.

Hmmm...I post it over the main board, and ask Marc.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #344
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 28, 2009 -

Today we travel to play the Wolves in an important game. We have dropped back down into 18th and we only have a few games left to make our goal of being close to if not in the top half of the table. The Wolves are currently in 5th place but three of their best players are injured for this game. As a result of these injuries, they will be relying heavily on left fullback Julian gray. They also will be counting on strikers Jay Bothroyd and David Healy to step up. They are a potent scoring pair and they could be very tough to contain. Centreback Jody Craddock leads the defense in front of a solid keeper, Ben Williams.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining and temperatures are in the mid 50's today.

DL: Mares (he is doubtful for this game and I will be watching him closely to see how he can play on a sore ankle.)
DC: Wright
DR: Nicell

S2: Elliott
Old 02-28-2005, 07:38 PM   #345
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Thompson kicks the corner to Karl Henry who settles the ball.. turns around.. fakes out Wall.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

4 minute mark: Lunt with a through pass into the box.. Begeorgi gets it.. shoots.. powerful shot.. the keeper partially blocks it.. it is trickling towards the goal.. Maybury gets to it just before it crosses the line and clears it.

10 minute mark: Rix passes to Teale on the right edge of the box.. nice fake out move on Maybury.. into the box.. Thompson tackles him just before he can shoot... defense clears it.

20 minute mark: Gray steals it at midfield.. passes it to Bothroyd on the left wing.. crosses to David Thompson on the right wing.. he shoots from the right corner of the box.. powerful curving shot.. it sails over Paddy's left shoulder.. GOAL. DOwn 2-0.

Halftime: Down 2-0.

60 minute mark: The team has played ok, but I need to light a spark under them. I bring in Ambourouet at left fullback for Mares, Elliott on for Begeorgi and Graham on for Giuliani. I also tell them to speed up the tempo.

76 minute mark: Lunt passes to Elliott in teh box who shoots.. the keeper saves it.

88 minute mark: Elliott passes to Graham who shoots for the upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Game over. 2-0 loss.

We were outshot 20-4! (6-4 on goal)

David Thompson won MoM, 33 of 40 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 3 interceptions, 8 runs, 1 goal. 9 for form.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Ben Rix has sprained his wrist and will be out for about a week.

Charlton have won promotion to the EPL today.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #347
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2009 -

Mr. Whelan has informed me that the board are pleased with my performance as manager of the team.

Coventry's Patrick Suffo has won Player of the Month. Titus Bramble of Coventry came in 2nd, and Tommy Doherty of Millwall came in 3rd.

Coventry's Anthony Grant has won young player of the month. Ryan Miller of Crewe has come in 2nd, and Magnus Troest of Reading came in 3rd.

Crewe's John Ward has won Manager of the Month. Stan Ternent of Coventry came in 2nd, and Paul Fairclough of Wolverhampton came in 3rd.

I've never seen this before: Dean Ashton had the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best goals of the month! Leicester's striker has had some great goals this month.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #348
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 2, 2009 -

Leighton Baines is finally back from his fractured skull and is completly cleared to start playing again.

We've just re-signed several coaches including star keeper coach Josu and physio Thierry Gomes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:19 AM   #349
Kevin
High School JV

I go away on vacation for 2 weeks only to find out you've sold your soul to Wigan. Look out for Quiksand, he hates Wigan.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #350
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I go away on vacation for 2 weeks only to find out you've sold your soul to Wigan. Look out for Quiksand, he hates Wigan.

sorry for the intrusion but... you should never, ever take a vacation from FOFC. Bad things happen when you do that...

FM