Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
That little guy is so cute. Unbanned.
Booya!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #307
jbmagic
Pro Starter

is there a coach mode in ncaa 2005? where you just pick the plays and the game runs it.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #308
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

At around 2pm it was reported on a UK message board that the CompUSA just down the street from me is sell it. By now I'd imagine they are either sold out or pulled it off the shelves. Trying to decided whether to get dressed and go look...
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #309
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Stamina issue????

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99316

Last edited by jbmagic : 07-02-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That server is too busy for me to access right now (as it has been most of the time for the past few days.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #311
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, I went to CompUSA, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, K-Mart (!), and Toys R Us today. I asked about it at CompUSA and was told that it's out on the 11th. I didn't even bother asking at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. The girl who works electronics at K-Mart was at lunch, and her replacement didn't know if the game was out. I actually saw the game at Toys R Us in the case behind the counter. They had about 15 copies (maybe 6 XBox and 9 PS2), but I was told that they weren't allowed to sell it yet. The guy at Toys R Us actually tried to push "ESPN College Football" on me. Excuse me? Uncle Pillsbury Doughboy? There IS no ESPN College Football. Anyway, after I made it very clear that I didn't want anything except NCAA 2006, he finally told me that they couldn't sell it.

There's no point in me going to Gamestop on the 5th because I didn't preorder from there, but maybe I'll try someplace else. I'm still not optimistic, though. Oh, well. I'll give it another shot on Tuesday.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #312
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
is there a coach mode in ncaa 2005? where you just pick the plays and the game runs it.

What LA Best Buy had the game?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #313
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Lemme save you all the trouble..

best buy/comp usa was ordered to pull it from the shelves
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #314
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
What LA Best Buy had the game?

just got back from best buy.

the one in Hawthorne did. but when i got there, the guy told me he doesnt have anymore left.

damn i was ready to pick it up with a new console. seems like xbox is the way to go.

i wait and get it all when it comes out if the reviews are still good.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #315
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
Lemme save you all the trouble..

best buy/comp usa was ordered to pull it from the shelves

It's not expected that they will, though. Seems like many have not. And the "order" is still just a rumor that, while possible, has not been confirmed (at least when I last checked. This may have changed.)

I think it's pointless, now. Just sell the game. Some stores are reporting lost business because other stores are selling it, and it's taking pre-orders away.

All in all, this should be an ABC Movie of the Week.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #316
General Mike
Pro Starter

I want this game Now!
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #317
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I heard Al Qaeda hijacked a shipment of the game in hopes the youth of America will revolt against the MAN.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #318
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey

I think it's pointless, now. Just sell the game. Some stores are reporting lost business because other stores are selling it, and it's taking pre-orders away.

Exactly. That's why I think everyone will break street on 7/5
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #319
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

I can't access that thread from this PC, but I saw something about this. The guy said he saw no swapping out of running backs even after 6 or 7 rushes in a row. He said he was only playing 5 minute quarters (though I'm not sure that would make too much of a difference). Still, if that's the BIG problem this game has, I'm ok with that.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #320
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I can't access that thread from this PC, but I saw something about this. The guy said he saw no swapping out of running backs even after 6 or 7 rushes in a row. He said he was only playing 5 minute quarters (though I'm not sure that would make too much of a difference). Still, if that's the BIG problem this game has, I'm ok with that.

here some comments from that post at maddenmania.

"Some have noted they didn't see any halfbacks get subbed out in games during videos. That led me to t hink, what the heck is going on? To me there seem to be a couple of things. Right off the bat, I think they definitely wanted to make it so a high-stamina, impact-type RB could carry the ball all game ala LaDanian Domlinson at TCU or something. Also, Stamina is affected by what level you're playing on and the production of the running back. After a big play, rarely will you notice the HB getting tired. On varsity level, I could carry as much as I wanted with DeAngelo Williams and he wouldn't really go below 90% - I put it on Heisman and he tired out much more quickly, but still was able to stay in the game.

I put in a backup RB (84 stamina) and he was below 80% after three carries. I had one WR who was tired all game, (not catching passes) and the other one wasn't tired. Seems like stamina is now more "cumulative" than before, if you have a tired RB and the other team has the ball for awhile, he won't necessarily come back 100%. And the difference between a 95% and an 85% stamina is pretty big - Overall, I haven't reached any solid conclusions as to whether I "like this" better than before, or whether it's the right way to go about it."

"I saw the same problems, I have been playing on All-American and my RB got tired more than any other player, even when I wasn't running with him. It does not bother me that much, it seems like they would get tired more than any other player on the field"
Old 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #321
General Mike
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that as far as stamina goes, it's cumulative for the game, so if a guy carries the ball a ton in the 1st quarter, when you get to the 4th he's going to be running on fumes, where if you swap in your backups early, you can get good production all game long.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 07-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, if that is the BIG problem with the game, I'll be dancing with joy.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #323
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
here some comments from that post at maddenmania.

"Some have noted they didn't see any halfbacks get subbed out in games during videos. That led me to t hink, what the heck is going on? To me there seem to be a couple of things. Right off the bat, I think they definitely wanted to make it so a high-stamina, impact-type RB could carry the ball all game ala LaDanian Domlinson at TCU or something. Also, Stamina is affected by what level you're playing on and the production of the running back. After a big play, rarely will you notice the HB getting tired. On varsity level, I could carry as much as I wanted with DeAngelo Williams and he wouldn't really go below 90% - I put it on Heisman and he tired out much more quickly, but still was able to stay in the game.

I put in a backup RB (84 stamina) and he was below 80% after three carries. I had one WR who was tired all game, (not catching passes) and the other one wasn't tired. Seems like stamina is now more "cumulative" than before, if you have a tired RB and the other team has the ball for awhile, he won't necessarily come back 100%. And the difference between a 95% and an 85% stamina is pretty big - Overall, I haven't reached any solid conclusions as to whether I "like this" better than before, or whether it's the right way to go about it."

"I saw the same problems, I have been playing on All-American and my RB got tired more than any other player, even when I wasn't running with him. It does not bother me that much, it seems like they would get tired more than any other player on the field"
I like this feature seems more realistic. Now if they can only fix the catching problems.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #324
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just re-read this. They already announced that they have cumulative fatigue throughout the game where the maximum percentage of energy is lower in the 4th quarter than the 1st or 2nd quarter. Doesn't seem like a bug to me.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #325
CraigSca
Pro Starter

People have been talking on the forums all day about Compusa. If you go on their website now it says "sold out". go figure.
how do you know?

Old 07-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #326
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey
It's not expected that they will, though. Seems like many have not. And the "order" is still just a rumor that, while possible, has not been confirmed (at least when I last checked. This may have changed.)

All in all, this should be an ABC Movie of the Week.

Agreed. I think EA does this shit on purpose. Let a few people talk about how the game is.. which, in turn really makes people want to get it. I think it's all a show by EA.

I'll be reading some impressions by you all since my copy from DVD Planet will probably be a week or so after release.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #327
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Agreed. I think EA does this shit on purpose. Let a few people talk about how the game is.. which, in turn really makes people want to get it. I think it's all a show by EA.

I'll be reading some impressions by you all since my copy from DVD Planet will probably be a week or so after release.

I'll be posting some impressions once I get it. I'm also debating on whether a Race for the Heisman dynasty would be worth reading. Probably not, since I'm not set up for graphics capture from my X-Box.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #328
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'll be posting some impressions once I get it. I'm also debating on whether a Race for the Heisman dynasty would be worth reading. Probably not, since I'm not set up for graphics capture from my X-Box.

I was gonna do one. Walk-on at Rutgers. You know.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 07-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #329
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I have my video capture set up. Maybe I'll do a Race for the Heisman, but it all depends on what mood I'm in when I (finally) get the game.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:55 PM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Lots of people with "VERY good sources" on various sites stating that EB Games (and presumably other chains) will be able to sell the game by the 5th.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #331
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I wish it would either come out tomorrow or the 12th, I'll be in Upper Michigan for a baseball tournament from the 8th-11th. I don't think I'll be able to live with only 3 days of it before a trip. :x
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #332
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lots of people with "VERY good sources" on various sites stating that EB Games (and presumably other chains) will be able to sell the game by the 5th.

Eagle - who are these very good sources? Is it just the load of garbage from MM? I don't trust any of those guys, really.

I'd hate to be a retail game store manager right now. Does this happen with all the hot games? Having to deal with these kids 24 hours a day would make me want to put a plastic bag over my head until the sweet bliss of asphyxiation sets in.
how do you know?

Old 07-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #333
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eagle - who are these very good sources? Is it just the load of garbage from MM? I don't trust any of those guys, really.

I'd hate to be a retail game store manager right now. Does this happen with all the hot games? Having to deal with these kids 24 hours a day would make me want to put a plastic bag over my head until the sweet bliss of asphyxiation sets in.

Actually, I'm seeing the same crap propagated on utopiafootball, MM, operationsports, and even EAsports board. 95% of me believes it is unreliable garbage (hence the quotes) but part of me really wants to believe it will come out by the 5th. I'm on call this entire weekend (until 8:00 AM on the 4th) but am off the 4th and 5th and getting this game would be a nice makeup for what has been a horrendous call
Old 07-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #334
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, the 5th would be nice. I'm not going to get my hopes up, however. It's really funny the frenzy that this has started. In two weeks, this entire topic will be the yawner of a lifetime. The anger thrown in EA's direction is quite hysterical, as if their releasing the game when they said they would is some sort of personal attack on the teenagers of America.
how do you know?

Old 07-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #335
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Yeah, the 5th would be nice. I'm not going to get my hopes up, however. It's really funny the frenzy that this has started. In two weeks, this entire topic will be the yawner of a lifetime. The anger thrown in EA's direction is quite hysterical, as if their releasing the game when they said they would is some sort of personal attack on the teenagers of America.
We all know it's a plan by Osama and his legions of fanatics.
Oh! anybody have info on the passing/catching game? All the crap is about RFTH. Nobody seems to care if the passing game has improved or staed the same.

Last edited by CHEMICAL SOLDIER : 07-03-2005 at 01:10 AM.
CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:28 AM   #336
jbmagic
Pro Starter

are you guys going to wait a week or so, to see what some people impressions of playing the game before buying it? Especially the problems with NCAA 2004 you wil think its best to wait and see.

i think its better to wait and see if there going to be any problems with NCAA 2005 before buying it.

why the rush to get it as soon it comes out?
Old 07-03-2005, 06:23 AM   #337
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
We all know it's a plan by Osama and his legions of fanatics.
Oh! anybody have info on the passing/catching game? All the crap is about RFTH. Nobody seems to care if the passing game has improved or staed the same.

Chem,

We spoke about this earlier in the thread. All indications from the other websites are that the huge amount of dropped passes has been fixed, There are still dropped passes, but those are mostly of the longer variety. The short passing game can easily be low risk with a high completion percentage. There are no longer psychic defensive backs in the game.

JBMagic, I pre-ordered months ago after I heard one of the producers of the game specifically state that dropped passes have been toned down. That's what killed the game for me last year. Once I heard that was "fixed", it became a no-brainer for me.
how do you know?

Old 07-03-2005, 06:37 AM   #338
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Chem,

We spoke about this earlier in the thread. All indications from the other websites are that the huge amount of dropped passes has been fixed, There are still dropped passes, but those are mostly of the longer variety. The short passing game can easily be low risk with a high completion percentage. There are no longer psychic defensive backs in the game.

JBMagic, I pre-ordered months ago after I heard one of the producers of the game specifically state that dropped passes have been toned down. That's what killed the game for me last year. Once I heard that was "fixed", it became a no-brainer for me.

Thats great to know.

I don't know where you are in DE, but I'm fairly close to Wilmington. I wonder if the Best Buy / CompUSA combo down there were some of the stores selling early, and since have pulled.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #339
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I know you will.. and I'm looking foward to them. I'm skipping the race for heisman and digging right into a Missouri career.. I'm sure the extra wait time I have will let me see ANY slider changes and other issues that pop up.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Looks like Heisman out of the box is the level to play on..

From AuburnAlumni over at OS:

Quote:
First off...I have to say...

This game plays almost a perfect game of football on Heisman level right out of the box for "veterans" of the series. I'll try to expound on that as best I can..but you'll be pleasantly surprised to see just how nice it is to play on Heisman and have the CPU play WELL and not CHEAP.

1. The front four pass rush is BACK. I played a friend (Bama fan) in another AU vs UA game on Heisman. I DID NOT BLITZ A SINGLE TIME the whole game...because my DEs (92 and 91 rated) combined for 10 hurries and 5 sacks. It even showed Brodie Croyle congratulating Brandon Cox at the end of the game WITH TURF IN HIS HELMET!! lol

2. Penalties will need to be jacked up if you want realistic settings. I have seen very few so far.

3. If you sack the QB and really lay the wood on him..he has a good chance of coughing up the ball...VERY VERY NICE.

4. Stay in the pocket or your dead. Seriously. Good DEs will eat you for lunch if you get cute and drop back 10-15 yards (ALSO a nice addition).

5. Slants work, curls work, HB screens work, QB screens work, Reverses work, I've tried them all. Have yet to have a play that didn't at least have a CHANCE for success. Welcome to another 50% of your available playbooks folks.

6. Deep Balls are not automatic. Deep balls are also not impossible. Some DBs bat balls. Sometimes they get beat. The point is..there is a nice MIX of "you win some, you lose some" this year in the passing game.

All in all...I've played 4 full games now...I've played on AA, I've played on Heisman, I've played a Human opponent.

They got it right folks....they flat out got it right. DO NOT WORRY.

I have a house full of guys now and we have an Auburn LSU game going onscreen. I'll be back with more specific impressions shortly.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #341
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

JBmagic, no I've read enough impressions from enough people that I will be buying this ASAP.

Todd,

From everything I've read, I agree. Heisman level will be the way to go. I might play one or two games on AA to get a feel for the game, but I'll dig into Heisman fairly quickly from what I'm hearing. I'm glad the kick meter is reportedly a good speed on Heisman and not insanely quick.

The only real reason I'll be playing RFTH is that I doubt real names will be available upon release IF it releases early. I won't mind playing a RFTH with fake names. However, once Fairdale Kings has his Xbox rosters out, I'll be downloading them and starting a dynasty with USC (I know it might be too easy, but I can always start a second dynasty with a weak team if that is the case.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-03-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #342
CraigSca
Pro Starter

You know, I've never been the type of guy who can play these games until I even get to Heisman mode. Most years I stay on AA and still lose my share of games. I'm afraid that if I try Heisman, all of a sudden my runningbacks will average 1.2 yards per carry as I'm not really Joe Gamer.

That was a great post from Operation Sports, Todd. Thanks for copy/pasting it!
how do you know?

Old 07-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #343
jbmagic
Pro Starter

any reports on how the running game is for the computer teams ?

any reports if running backs breaking over 20 yards a lot for human and computer teams still?

Last edited by jbmagic : 07-03-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #344
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
any reports on how the running game is for the computer teams ?

any reports if running backs breaking over 20 years a lot for human and computer teams still?

The running for the computer is nasty on Heisman levels from reports. I may have to use some sliders to tone it down a bit. Teams that run a great deal IRL, stick to that plan in the game. A team like Florida still predominately passes. On AA and below, I've heard mixed reports on how effective the running game is (but it is still called frequently.)

There are reports that running backs still break some long runs, particularly if they are good, but the word is that it seems much more realistic than in past years.

Also, the best news to me is that kicking meter isn't super quick on Heisman level, and the speed cheat is gone on Heisman level!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #345
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:

any reports if running backs breaking over 20 years a lot for human and computer teams still?

College players can only play for 4 years. I have never seen a college athlete break 20 years.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #346
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
College players can only play for 4 years. I have never seen a college athlete break 20 yards.

fix it

thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #347
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Sigh - Best Buy's site says they have it at my local store, so I buy it (though I pre-ordered elsewhere). It then says it's released on the 12th and I'll receive an email when it's available. I'm so lame
how do you know?

Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #348
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sigh - Best Buy's site says they have it at my local store, so I buy it (though I pre-ordered elsewhere). It then says it's released on the 12th and I'll receive an email when it's available. I'm so lame

You aren't the only one to fall for this

I called my EB games before they closed today, and they said the street date is still the 12th
Old 07-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #349
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Best Buy's website says that it's in stock at all five of the stores closest to me. I had thought about trying to buy it and then go pick it up, but I changed my mind. It looks like I made the right decision.

Today, I called the EBGames at which I preordered the game, and they insist that it'll be available on the 12th at midnight. I'll try CompUSA tomorrow (if they're open) and maybe Tuesday to see if they've got it, but if I can't find it by the 5th, I guess I'll give up until the 12th.

I don't trust anybody at Utopia Football or Operation Sports, but if anyone on this board gets firsthand word of the game possibly being released before the 12th, please let me know so I can continue the hunt after Tuesday. Strangely, as frustrating as it is to not have the game yet, I'm having a lot of fun looking for it.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #350
Izulde
Head Coach

I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop today during my break.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote