Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #301
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
I have a feeling that this game makes up its mind early on whether you are going to win or lose, then modifies what happens accordingly.

I was just playing the Jags as the Jets, and we shut them down every 1st and 2nd down, holding Toefield to 1 yard per carry on each and Leftwhich couldn't hit anything. Then, magically, on thir down Leftwhich throws into double coverage (something that, if i do it, i get intercepted) with great success and gets 10-20 yards EVERY TIME; or Toefield breaks a 15 yard run.

Meanwhile, on my side of the ball, Curtis Martin (who had an amazing first game against the Chiefs) can't break tackles for shit. Pennington's passes are being DROPPED by McCareins and Jolley. McCareins almost NEVER used to drop passes. He had a great game against the Dolphins where he caught 8, dropped 0, and had 2 TDs. Jolley is leading the team in receptions and has a TD, yet he drops third down passes.

Really strange.

Did the Jags come back and beat you in the end? Madden 2003 had the same problems where the PC would comeback if down.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #302
aran
High School Varsity

this is through the first three quarters of the game, with Playmaker's sliders. NO matter what i did, i couldn't stop them. They were winning 21-0 at the end of the the third quarter. I got frustrated and turned the game off. I hate playing this game when i think i have no real impact on what's going on.

Last edited by aran : 08-14-2005 at 01:51 PM.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:34 PM   #303
Ironhead
College Prospect

How are drops in this game? NCAA is still irritating me in this aspect.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
How are drops in this game? NCAA is still irritating me in this aspect.

They are good. Hard hits will sometime produce drops. Stone-handed FB's or TE's will sometimes drop it. However, guys that should catch it, usually do.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #305
jbmagic
Pro Starter

one cool thing is the fake hike, sometimes you can draw the other team offside.

but it can also make your team do a false start too if you do it too much.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #306
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok.. no time to read this whole thing...

has anyone found good instructions on how on-line franchises can work? I know it involves the locker room, but that's about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #307
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
this is through the first three quarters of the game, with Playmaker's sliders. NO matter what i did, i couldn't stop them. They were winning 21-0 at the end of the the third quarter. I got frustrated and turned the game off. I hate playing this game when i think i have no real impact on what's going on.

I've always felt the Madden AI has horribly cheated. If I'm beating the computer by a couple of TD's on '05 (haven't played '06 and probably won't go near it) I can guarantee either a) the opposition QB whoever he is will suddenly start completing 75% and put together 80 yard drives, no matter what defence I put in, b) the opposition defense become psychic and I have three people in the backfield on every run, and a perfect zone defense on every pass or c) a combination of the above
Seriously, the likes of David Garrard and Josh McCown have become Joe Montana on my ass so many times in the fourth quarter it's not even funny.

I'm not the greatest player ever, and I'm sure some of it is down to imagination running wild, but it's there dammit
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:27 PM   #308
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I've read countless interviews with Madden's various programmers who all insist 'catchup code' or 'robo qb' are not in the game.

They say that the results we see are down to the percentages changing that determin the play called because the situations are so dire.

IE... the qb scores more big td's because it attemps more!
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #309
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I've read countless interviews with Madden's various programmers who all insist 'catchup code' or 'robo qb' are not in the game.

They say that the results we see are down to the percentages changing that determin the play called because the situations are so dire.

IE... the qb scores more big td's because it attemps more!

In that case it's poorly implemented IMO. I see way too many bad QB's become on the money, accurate passers. A poor QB should still be a poor QB, especially when I know they are going to pass and call defenses accordingly. And it's not so much big TD's as the QB finding somebody open for 10-15 yard gains down after frickin down and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Last edited by bhlloy : 08-14-2005 at 05:35 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #310
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Playmaker's SLIDERS WERE UPDATED 08/14/05 FINAL VERSION

Man, this guy is the slider scientist!!! How many hours/day does he play Madden??? Like, 20??? Anyway, thanks to him and thanks to jb for the copy/paste job.

I feel the game is really playing better with these. I admit after the initial hype, I started to feel that it was too "pro" for me and less fun, compared to NCAA 2006 which I'm still playing. In fact, I went back to NCAA the last 2 days...
I'm now looking forward to continue my franchise.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #311
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but it's cool how their helmets will pop off and they'll keep going, like in real-life. Just a little change from last year that's cool.

Oh, and I really like the cone vision. It rocks because it makes it realistic, except on draws.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I find it funny that this guy has released at least a half dozen "final" sliders.

In any case, I've liked the previous versions and will probably try whatever set he releases later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #313
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I find it funny that this guy has released at least a half dozen "final" sliders.

In any case, I've liked the previous versions and will probably try whatever set he releases later tonight or tomorrow.

LOL

Man he sure likes to fine tune it

hopefully those last ones i posted are Final.

according to his last post he said he is finally done and ready to start his franchise.

Quote:
Yes, I'm done finally.

i only play an half with his latest. there pretty good.

but i have to play game many with his sliders to see how they hold up. at least you can make adjustments on his comments if you need to fine tune them up for you.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-14-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #314
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Emiliano

i play both too.

the hard part getting my brain train when playing both because of some of the controls are different.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #315
korme
Go Reds

Tight that you can change player positions, I don't know if this is a new feature or not. For example, while updating rosters I traded Jon McGraw to the Lions, and I see they already have a nasty SS, so I am like.. I guess he's playing FS, that sucks. But then I went to info and changed him to FS, so it's all gravy now.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #316
korme
Go Reds

Interesting that Onterrio Smith isn't even in the game.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #317
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I finally got some time in with Madden today.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this is the year that I'm finally going to play on the All Madden level. Out of the box the AM level plays one heck of a realistic game of football, no slider tweaks whatsoever. Sure, I'm going to need many more practice games under my belt before starting a franchise, but I'm really liking the way it plays on this level. The CPU teams stats have been right on so far. They can rush well with a good back, passing is where it should be, and overall the CPU seems to call a better game. I DO NOT see the speed cheat that AM usually has. Get an open receiver the ball in the clear and he's gone. This is all preliminary and by no means am I a Madden "baller".

So far, if the stats stay this way, it's just the meat of an otherwise total package football game. Meaning, without CPU offense (hence AP level), the game wouldn't be much fun, but if AM continues to look this good, the rest of the game (minus the draft goofyness some are talking about) is pure bliss.

When the gameplay flows like this, Madden 2006 can easily draw you into its universe.. at least it has me. So much, I had to turn it off or else the wife might have thrown the disk out into the rain.

I LOVE the new passing vision cones, pure fun and pure football. The Rams have a good OL and Bulger had time to read the field and using the left stick to place the ball is perfectly implemented. I also love the "truck stick", especially with Jackson.

I'm happy. All I need is to tweak the penalties, which is normal.. and set the sub in/out settings - and of course practice and learn the buttons a bit better. The only thing that is going to bug me is going back to NCAA as the controls are different in some areas.

I've NEVER played Madden on AM level, but this could be the year.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Todd,

Between hearing your impressions about All-Madden and hearing Bill Abner's impressions, I might have to try that difficulty level soon. I've never been able to play on All-Madden and didn't even think to check out that level this year, but it sounds like it might be playable.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #319
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Todd,

Between hearing your impressions about All-Madden and hearing Bill Abner's impressions, I might have to try that difficulty level soon. I've never been able to play on All-Madden and didn't even think to check out that level this year, but it sounds like it might be playable.
My post sounds a bit hyper, but I'm going to play some more tonight (at least one more game) So far, each game has been great on AM. I'm not winning much, but I'm getting better. Teams play just like their real counterparts on AM, imo.

Also, I'm using the rosters from www.psxsports.com - which are great, btw.

12 Min - Accelerated Clock
Penalties: All maxed EXCEPT Holding (8)
I've read that 84/89 sub out/in work pretty well, but I haven't tried that yet.

Play a game and let me know what you think EF.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-14-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:41 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Todd,

According to people on the operation sports forum, All-Madden even has punt returns better on default sliders. I'm trying a game right now (assuming I don't get paged away - I'm on call.) I'll post my thoughts in an hour or so.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #321
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Todd,

According to people on the operation sports forum, All-Madden even has punt returns better on default sliders. I'm trying a game right now (assuming I don't get paged away - I'm on call.) I'll post my thoughts in an hour or so.

Yes, they are... although I haven't seen too many.

Has anyone else turned off all the songs and turned on all the NFL Films music? Man those bring back memories. Nice!!

I'm playing vs the Dolphins right now.. I'll post more at the half. (cold and rainy)
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #322
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Todd,

whats Bill Abner's web site?

i heard All madden is toned down. there not superplayers like before.

i still going to play on all pro with playmakers slider until i learn how to read the defense and learn how to use the cones better.

but i happy that All Madden the cpu dont get a super boost like in the past. and will move to that Level later on.

one thing i heard is you have to be smarter on calling plays on defense and offense on All-Madden. if the cpu see you make a mistake you will pay for it.

thanks
Old 08-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #323
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
whats Bill Abner's web site?
hxxp://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-14-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #324
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
My post sounds a bit hyper, but I'm going to play some more tonight (at least one more game) So far, each game has been great on AM. I'm not winning much, but I'm getting better. Teams play just like their real counterparts on AM, imo.

Also, I'm using the rosters from www.psxsports.com - which are great, btw.

12 Min - Accelerated Clock
Penalties: All maxed EXCEPT Holding (8)
I've read that 84/89 sub out/in work pretty well, but I haven't tried that yet.

Play a game and let me know what you think EF.

Thanks for the Info on All-Madden. i try it after i get use of the cones and reading defense better on all-pro.

SUB OUT-82/SUB IN-87 works very well.

i wish there was roster for the xbox for Madden 2006 like Ncaa 2006 had.
so i can use my action replay.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-14-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #325
TroyF
Coordinator

I turned off all the songs and went to the NFL films music about twenty seconds into the game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:14 PM   #326
jbmagic
Pro Starter

do you guys know what the color on some position players change color when selecting a formation? i hardly notice it before on the pc, but console i do notice it.

can you save sliders setting by making a new profile for it after you set it? this way i dont have to keep changing the sliders?

i can just load up the profile and use the sliders with it.

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-14-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:44 PM   #327
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

As long as you save your settings in your profile, they'll load everytime you load the game.

I might try the 82/87 sub settings, but I'm telling you that all penalties maxed and holding two from the right are about perfect. I'm seeing some penalties for once in a console football game.

There is a roster for the Xbox over at psxsports.com - it even has Ricky Williams and his photo in the game.

..and yes, make a mistake on AM and you will pay dearly... but the level is definitly playable this year, just practice like heck.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #328
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just had a fairly good game on All-Madden. I found the pass rush to be just too much. The Giants sacked McNabb 3 times in the first 4 minutes of the first quarter. They also forced me to throw 1 pick.

I pumped up the pass block for the Human, and it suddenly became very enjoyable. I still messed up and threw two more picks in the 1st half. One of them was my fault, where I threw it into double coverage towards T.O. The other one was where I just had a pass tipped at the line and caught by a linebacker.

The game definitely pumped up the offense for the CPU. Actually, this was the most offense I've seen in any game of this version. Both offenses really flowed.

McNabb: 22 of 39 (56%) 3 TD 3 INT for 290 yards, sacked 5 times. 2 rushes for 27 yards too.

Manning: 11 of 21 (52%) for 4 TD 0 INT for 321 yards. sacked 3 times. The thing about Manning's numbers is that I stupidly blitzed almost everyone when they were on their own 1. Manning proceeded to throw a quick pass to Shockey who has suprising speed. He outran my guys thanks to the jump he had for a 99 yard TD.

Also, they were running so well that I put 8 men in the box and he hit another 64 yard TD to Toomer. Without those long passes, his numbers aren't so great, but I couldn't believe he didn't throw even a single pick (my guys dropped a few possible ones.) Also, he tore me apart with a 2 minute drive when they were down in the 4th quarter to give them a 29-25 win.

Westbrook: 20 carries for 50 yards. Rushing is hard for me on this level, but I did have one 11 yard run. Lots of 2-3 yard runs.

Buckhalter: 7 carries for 21 yards.

Tiki Barber: 32 carries for 125 yards. They pounded the rock and Barber kept many drives a live. I thought the CPU running game was tough but fair.

Mike Cloud only had 2 yards on 4 carries so it was very running back specific.

Terrell Owens had 7 catches for 158 yards and 2 TD's including a 59 yard bomb where it was play action single coverage and his corner bit on the play action a bit. His speed took over.

Westbrook had 5 catches for 28 yards.

LJ Smith had 5 catches for 42 yards and a 1 TD.

Toomer had 5 catches for 106 yards and 2 TD's.

Shockey had 2 catches for 119 yards and 1 TD which was a 99 yarder.

Willie Ponder had 2 catches for 59 yards including converting a key 4th and 14 for them in their final drive.

Three guys on each team had over 12 pancakes (which I've decided I just don't care. IF O-linemen get better from the inflated stats, I'll just have a harder team keeping them due to inflated salaries.)

Simon, Kearse, and Dhani Jones had my 3 sacks.

Anyway, All-Madden is definitely playable, and I'll probably just make slight tweaks to a few of the sliders.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 AM   #329
aran
High School Varsity

One of the most annoying things for me with the vision cone invovles when you press R2, but then release it without changing where you are looking. You lose control of the player for a split second and it can really cost you big time. It ended in me getting sacked four times last game i played.

I also have to get used to not dropping back so far... hehe. So many times i throw terrible passing because i'm still passing back when i throw the ball.

Last edited by aran : 08-15-2005 at 12:16 AM.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I also noticed a better pocket forming with this difficulty level once I bumped up the pass blocking a few notches. One other thing that I just checked after the game. T.O. was repeatedly running over his cornerback, but the corner that was covering him only has a 49 tackling. Very nice to see that make a difference.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #331
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
As long as you save your settings in your profile, they'll load everytime you load the game.

I might try the 82/87 sub settings, but I'm telling you that all penalties maxed and holding two from the right are about perfect. I'm seeing some penalties for once in a console football game.

There is a roster for the Xbox over at psxsports.com - it even has Ricky Williams and his photo in the game.

..and yes, make a mistake on AM and you will pay dearly... but the level is definitly playable this year, just practice like heck.

oh my gosh. Thank you Todd about lettign us know about All-Madden

i love all madden level compare to previous versions.

the cpu plays well but not super powerful like in the past.

they run and pass.

i had my raiders play the browns default setting. max penalty, 12 mins accerlation clock

i lost 30-3. but it feel so much better than all-pro.

it should of been 23-3 but with them ahead with like 1 min to go, instead of kneeling down they keep running the ball and got a late td.

kinda surprise QB dont kneel for sportsmanship

i still have a lot of work to do on my passign and reading defense, but i wanted to try all madden out.

Passing
Collins was 6 for 26 95 yards 2 sacks and 4 int.
but that my fault as i am still learning with the cones

T. Dilfer was 18 for 29 214 yards 2 int 1 sack.

Rushing
Jordan had 21 yards on 17 attempts.
L. Sugggs had 162 yards on 32 attempts 1 td

Pancakes
i didnt run well so less pancakes
top guy R. stone with 4 pancakes, Gallery wuth 3 pancakes

T. tucker 24 pancakes, Coleman and Shelton 16 pancakes each.

Raiders time of possession 16:52 and Browns 31:08

i think with some sliders adjustement, All-Madden is the level you guys should play on. The cpu plays more realistic on it and there not so powerfull on that level like in the past.

The cpu will have good long drives sometimes. you can stop there drives sometimes and there not unstoppable.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-15-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:54 AM   #332
korme
Go Reds

I'm again playing on All-Madden. Last year I liked All-Madden, so it's not really different for me.

Thinking about starting my franchise over and picking a less quality squad than the Bengals. Bears, perhaps. Maybe the Saints or Seahawks.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 AM   #333
jbmagic
Pro Starter

do you guys play on long view?

i starting to like that view more and more because you can see more of the field.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:37 AM   #334
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Jeez, I was just starting to get comfortable on All-Pro, and now I hear all this about All-Madden. I will definitely need some slider help, though. I'm so confused.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:08 AM   #335
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Pumpy Tudors give all -madden a try on default sliders, max penalty and 12 mins acerlation clock.

it just has a good realistic feeling to it.

i think with a few minor sliders adjustment for All-madden it will be great.

i still going to practice on all-pro with playmaker sliders to get better at the passing before i switch over to all-madden
Old 08-15-2005, 02:08 AM   #336
jbmagic
Pro Starter

do you guys know what the color on some position players number change color when selecting a formation? i hardly notice it before on the pc, but console i do notice it.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-15-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:41 AM   #337
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Pumpy Tudors give all -madden a try on default sliders, max penalty and 12 mins acerlation clock.

it just has a good realistic feeling to it.

i think with a few minor sliders adjustment for All-madden it will be great.

i still going to practice on all-pro with playmaker sliders to get better at the passing before i switch over to all-madden

I did that when I first got the game. I got my ass kicked by the Texans 87-16.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:42 AM   #338
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
do you guys know what the color on some position players number change color when selecting a formation? i hardly notice it before on the pc, but console i do notice it.

It means that they're fatigued.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #339
jamesUMD
High School JV

Played it this weekend andd have to say that I was unimpressed. On the field play is smoother, but they really did not add much of anything new. Cone vision is gimmicky, which we turned off, and there was practically nothing new added to the franchise.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I also noticed a better pocket forming with this difficulty level once I bumped up the pass blocking a few notches. One other thing that I just checked after the game. T.O. was repeatedly running over his cornerback, but the corner that was covering him only has a 49 tackling. Very nice to see that make a difference.

So far, I haven't been sacked that much with the Rams OL, but when I see the blitz, I either dump it off to my RB or throw it away. I understand results may vary, but teams love to blitz in the NFL and reaction time is so much quicker in the NFL vs the NCAA. My mad skillz have diminished some though.

I'm going to practice a ton with passing on AM level as running has been quite fun and realistic so far. I think you really have to stay in the pocket on AM level as in the past I've been used to running outside the pocket. Also, the speed on this level is so realistic, which is nice.

My wife and kids will be gone tonight so it will be a full night of NCAA and Madden.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #341
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesUMD
Played it this weekend andd have to say that I was unimpressed. On the field play is smoother, but they really did not add much of anything new. Cone vision is gimmicky, which we turned off, and there was practically nothing new added to the franchise.

This is the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I wanted something new to the franchise, and while the superstar mode is intriguing, I suspect that it will get old very quickly and fail to justify 50 bucks from me.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #342
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
This is the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I wanted something new to the franchise, and while the superstar mode is intriguing, I suspect that it will get old very quickly and fail to justify 50 bucks from me.

$40 from Circuit City.

Honestly, this year's version has been quite a surprise for me as far as improvements go. Most are subtle, but I love the vision, precision passing and I like the little presentation additions. The game feels more lively imo and the graphics on the ps2 look improved.

I'm having fun with MVP on the PC and NCAA and Madden on the ps2 - a big year for EA in my household for sure. I didn't play Madden 2005 very much thanks to NFL 2k5, but I'm liking what I see with 2006.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #343
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
$40 from Circuit City.

Honestly, this year's version has been quite a surprise for me as far as improvements go. Most are subtle, but I love the vision, precision passing and I like the little presentation additions. The game feels more lively imo and the graphics on the ps2 look improved.

I'm having fun with MVP on the PC and NCAA and Madden on the ps2 - a big year for EA in my household for sure. I didn't play Madden 2005 very much thanks to NFL 2k5, but I'm liking what I see with 2006.

I love some of the new, subtle, presentation features.. the way the score is displayed at the top, the graphical drive summary after scores, and a few other minor things..

but above all, i bought it this year for franchise on-line.. i probably won't do a big franchise, but a few buddies i grew up playing with have grown apart and intend to do like a 4 person franchise with the cpu controlling the other teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #344
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
$40 from Circuit City.

I have actually purchased every year's Madden since about 1998 so I'm betting I'll end up buying it. It'll depend on how bored I get with the other games I'm playing.

I don't really have a doubt that there are subtle improvements, but I just have a feeling I won't use the new "features" enough to justify even the Circuit City price. But I'll eventually want to transfer draft classes from NCAA so I'll probably cave.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM   #345
Philliesfan980
Banned

Got the game last week, but haven't had much time to give it a go. Call me lazy, but this is a big thread .

I haven't really played the last few versions of Madden (due to NFL2k series). I'm an above average gamer, but no stud by any means. Lots of discussion has gone on here regarding sliders. Now I'm hearing that All-Madden (which in previous years the CPU would act like football gods) is the way to go. Which is the best for me? I know that the best answer is "try for yourself", but I'm at work right now and would like some advice .

Thanks
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:41 AM   #346
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Got the game last week, but haven't had much time to give it a go. Call me lazy, but this is a big thread .

I haven't really played the last few versions of Madden (due to NFL2k series). I'm an above average gamer, but no stud by any means. Lots of discussion has gone on here regarding sliders. Now I'm hearing that All-Madden (which in previous years the CPU would act like football gods) is the way to go. Which is the best for me? I know that the best answer is "try for yourself", but I'm at work right now and would like some advice .

Thanks

i recommend to start off at all-pro and play there to get use of everything. also goto the practice screen on that level.

after goto All-Madden
Old 08-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #347
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Call me crazy but I thought precision passing has always been in there. In previous versions I was able to place the ball where I wanted it unless it was a coincidence everytime.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #348
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980

Thanks

Watch the videos, go into practice mode, then try a game on AM default.. adjust from there.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 AM   #349
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Call me crazy but I thought precision passing has always been in there. In previous versions I was able to place the ball where I wanted it unless it was a coincidence everytime.

in the past they had pass lead.

this year if you go up on precision passing the ball go high and before with pass lead the ball would of gone ahead of the wr.

also precison pass you can go left or right of the WR.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #350
Kodos
Resident Alien

I apologize to Madden for my thread last week. This is the best-playing version in Madden history. And I suck at the vision cone passing!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote