Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #301
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Performance show is Sunday afternoon/evening, I think. I know it's Sunday.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #302
Ksyrup

Uh oh! This isn't going to help the tour/album sales. I wonder if this will affect tomorrow night's show in any way...?

MTV.com reports that the producers of CBS' "Rock Star" are going to have to come up with an alternate name for SUPERNOVA, the band made up of MÖTLEY CRÜE's Tommy Lee, VOIVOD's Jason Newsted and former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke, according to a Tuesday (September 12) ruling by San Diego Judge John Houston.

Last month, the original SUPERNOVA — an Orange County, California, punk trio — filed for a preliminary injunction in San Diego's U.S. District Court against CBS Broadcasting, Mark Burnett Productions and Lee, Newsted and Clarke, who are starring in the second season of the reality show. The injunction sought to halt the television-contrived act from performing or recording under the name "SUPERNOVA" if the band fails to change or add any words to the moniker.

Lee, Newsted and Clarke were dropped as defendants late last month at the request of the original SUPERNOVA's lawyers.

Earlier Tuesday, Houston granted the request from the members of the original SUPERNOVA — bassist Art Mitchell, drummer Dave Collins and guitarist Jodey Lawrence — for the preliminary injunction. The injunction keeps the producers of "Rock Star: Supernova" — which concludes Wednesday night — from "performing rock and roll music, or recording, or selling rock and roll music recordings under the same [name], pending a trial of this action on its merits, or until otherwise ordered by the court."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #303
Ksyrup

I thought tonight's show was one of the best. Kinda boring hearing the same originals again, though. I'd rather they start playing originals a little earlier and play more than one from each person. In fact, if this show comes back, I hope they consider starting with fewer contestants and whittling the group down to the final 5 or 6 early on. I know they have to kick someone off each week, though, so I guess I'm suggesting they shorten the show.

Anyway, I thought all four of them were very good tonight. I even enjoyed Lukas. He definitely has that Hawksley Workman thing going on, and it worked tonight. His voice was better than it's been in several weeks. But he's no Hawksley.

I gotta think Toby is the winner. Dilana was excellent tonight, though. I thought Tommy's comment about Magni's song was out of left field, considering what a lovefest the whole night had been.

Speaking of Tommy, did anyone catch last night's Family Guy? Stewie was trying to get Lois' attention to no avail, and eventually said, "What is this, a Tommy Lee pool party?"

I laughed, I cringed...I laughed again.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #304
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Performance show is Sunday afternoon/evening, I think. I know it's Sunday.

Performance shows are generally at 10 AM pacific. And the results shows start around noon pacific. Kind of early to be rocking.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #305
Joe
Pro Starter

dola. Performances are done sunday at those times, and results are done wednesdays.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 AM   #306
Ksyrup

So this court order may affect today's show, then. This isn't directed at the show's title, but the band's. I wonder if they will omit specific reference to the band's name and just refer to them as "Tommy, Jason, and Gilby" or the "guys" or something like that. Surely this is going to result in a big cash payout to the original Supernova, but unless they spent all night working out the settlement, that order will restrict their ability to market the band under that name until the order is lifted.

Given the language of the order, they can't "perform" under the name Supernova. Presumably they could sit in their chairs and call themselves Supernova, though. But as I recall from last year's finale, this is when the band actually performs with the new singer. Should be interesting.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM   #307
Joe
Pro Starter

based on this: The injunction sought to halt the television-contrived act from performing or recording under the name "SUPERNOVA" if the band fails to change or add any words to the moniker.

I could see them just adding the singers name. Like Supernova featuring Toby Rand or whatever.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #308
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

So yeah, that would have been my fifth choice of the final five. Stupid.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #309
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Did they use the word "Supernova" even once during the entire show? I don't think I heard it.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #310
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Did they use the word "Supernova" even once during the entire show? I don't think I heard it.

I think Brooke said "Rockstar Supernova" once, and it almost looked as if it slipped through, but yeah, she kept naming the guys by their name, then "the guys", then invited us to come see this "super band" on tour...

FM
Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #311
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and yeah, Lukas is so far from being my first choice. I guess "the guys" don't know how you can rig internet and phone voting to make it look nice for one person. Now what, if the whole world would have voted for Zayra all the way through to piss them off, they would have made her the one???

FM
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #312
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Was anyone else stunned by Dilana's amazing recovery from a torn calf muscle? Did she sell her soul to the devil during the week or go to some faith healer?

As for the final result, I would be interested in watching the winner on stage, but listening to the music itself is pretty painful. I would have preferred 2nd place to 1st given the prize on offer.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #313
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Lukas. Wow. That'sa bad. I didn't really like what I'd heard from the band so far, and now with Lukas there is just no chance I'll be interested. Dilana would have at least been interesting.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #314
Ksyrup

Interesting that the person named by a well-known gossip columnist to have been given the job from the beginning several weeks back did in fact win...

Here are my thoughts:

1. As I expected, they stayed far away from calling the band Supernova. Technically, the court order doesn't apply to the show, which is why they could use Rockstar: Supernova without a problem. But mainly, they stuck with call them by name, or "see this supergroup" on tour (as Brooke said at the end). If I hadn't known about the order, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

2. Given the rumor that Lukas was the pick from the beginning, and the fact that he sounded and performed way better this week than he has for several weeks, there's a thought in mind that he threw the competition for a few weeks so that choosing him wouldn't be so obvious. I thought he amazingly corrected most of his vocal issues this week, and I'm finding that to be a bit suspicious. His voice was clearer, he enunciated more clearly, etc.

3. There's no way Dilana was as severely injured as she said she was. Either she was hurt but made it into something bigger than it was, or she wasn't hurt at all. Either way, she effectively won back a sympathy vote after finishing in the bottom 3 a couple of times following the media and glass incidents.

4. The "suspense" last night was pretty superficial, for a couple of reasons. First, during the first or second commercial break, CBS used Lukas' Headspin song in a commercial for Survivor. My wife and I immediately knew right then that Lukas had won. Second, after they let Toby go but before the final commercial break, Brooke told Lukas - I'm not sure she was announcing it so much as telling him directly - that he had finished with the highest number of votes. After the break, trying to build the tension before announcing the name, Tommy Lee early on said, "This person had the most votes" and went on for a couple more minutes before announcing Lukas as the winner. Nice job, Brooke! The commercial was a dead giveaway, though.

I hope this show comes back again next year. Although, with the number of big bands that turned them down, this may turn into a show looking for a lead singer of either (a) some 2nd tier band whose singer has left or died; or (b) another "supergroup" formation. If it's the latter, I expect we're going to start to see the Rockstar equivalent of the Surreal Life - 3 or 4 guys who were once on top but now are desperately looking for attention and are more of a joke than a legit band (CC Deville on guitar! The bassist from Trixster! Bobby Rock on drums!) Maybe Jani Lane will audition for singer...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-14-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 AM   #315
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Quote:
(a) some 2nd tier band whose singer has left or died; or (b) another "supergroup" formation.

Maybe a combination of the two. Damnocracy will kick Sebastian Bach out of that pretend band and then they can be Rockstar next year.

I was gunning for Toby. You know they said they wanted Dilana to come on tour and play with the house band? Don't all of the people that lost do that anyway?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #316
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I really thought it was going to be Toby. I have no interest in this band with Lucas fronting it. Even tonight when they performed together for the first time, I could barely make out what Lucas was trying to sing. His vocals are just horrible as far as I'm concerned.

Oh well, was still a fun show.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #317
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

What a let down. I've watched all ten previous weeks with considerable enthusiasm but the final show was a real damp squid. The two hour program here showed nothing but 10 second bites from previous shows for the whole of the first hour. The final hour, as some have said earlier, lacked any real suspense.

And then the band chickened out by going for the most votes. Have they really no idea how that would be distorted? Consequently they ended up with a one dimensional singer who often gets swamped by the music that should never have made into the last four.

Last edited by Mac Howard : 09-14-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #318
Ksyrup

Here, we only had an hour-long episode to sit through.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #319
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Last night was encouraging for me. I thought all the "the guys" songs have sucked shit and I don't think I'll be buying the an album from "the guys." However, something has opened up here that could work pretty well:

Toby and Magni form a band with Toby as lead and Magni on guitar. Pick up a good drummer and bassist and you have the makings a pretty damn good band.

Just a pipe dream for me . . .

I hope Storm and Dilana both have good careers, I'd buy music from them as well. Lukas . . . ugh . . .
Old 09-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #320
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk View Post
Toby and Magni form a band with Toby as lead and Magni on guitar. Pick up a good drummer and bassist and you have the makings a pretty damn good band.

Just a pipe dream for me . . .

I read in tomorrow morning's The Australian (10.30 pm here) that Toby is flying his band Juke Kartel out to LA to record his song. They reckon he has a window of about a month to take advantage of the publicity from SuperNova.

Another interesting snippet: Lukas and Toby will be living in Tommy Lee's mansion while he's on tour until November.

Quote:
Lukas . . . ugh . . .

One wonders where he got his votes from
Old 09-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #321
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Seriously, did anyone for one second think that a band with Tommy Lee and Jason Newstead would ever ever EVER be fronted by a chick?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #322
bbor
Pro Starter

Back to back Canadian winners...woohoo

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #323
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Howard View Post
One wonders where he got his votes from

Fans of My Chemical Romance and bands like that.

There were two ways they could go with this - play off the nostalgia of MC/GnR/Metallica and go for Toby to appeal to 30 and 40-somethings, or go for the young kids. Probably smartly, they went for the younger demographic.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-14-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #324
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I would think some record company will jump on Magni's band and bring them to the US to do a record. Or reproduce one of his records from Iceland.

They never really gave a reason why they chose Lucas over Dilana or Toby. He never seemed to get the rave reviews from the band that some of the others did. Dilana and Toby both sing circles around him and have just as good stage presence.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #325
Ksyrup

The reason Tommy gave was that Lukas got the most votes - the "fans" wanted him.

Of course, the same "fans" voted him in the bottom 3 last week...
Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #326
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I get a sense that after hearing the nonsensical lyrics about 'keeping it on the level' and 'being yourself' that James Hetfield and the Ulrichs and possibly even Axel Rose are laughing about the songs being produced by this group. Even all the early 90s Metallica music haters would have to say that something like 'The Unforgiven' is light years beyond keeping it on the level. Keep it on the level? Seriously?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #327
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I get a sense that after hearing the nonsensical lyrics about 'keeping it on the level' and 'being yourself' that James Hetfield and the Ulrichs and possibly even Axel Rose are laughing about the songs being produced by this group. Even all the early 90s Metallica music haters would have to say that something like 'The Unforgiven' is light years beyond keeping it on the level. Keep it on the level? Seriously?

Here's your ho ho ho

Here's your hey hey hey
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #328
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Tommy Lee commented in the very first show after Lukas sang, that he is the next supernova.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #329
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone else think the House Band Featuring Toby would out-draw SuperNova?

I'm kind of glad they picked Lucas. Now their suck is complete.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #330
sabotai
General Manager

Lucas winning = me not interested in the bad at all.

I will keep an eye out for Magni and Toby in the future, though.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #331
Mota
College Benchwarmer

It's sad that in Canada, the first 20 minutes were the recap show, and all of a sudden someone realized they screwed up and it cut to Lukas singing. My wife and I were wondering why there was so much recap when the cut happened, and I looked around, "Where's Magni?" and realized that they screwed up and we hadn't been actually watching the final episode all that time. Supposedly they replayed it later on that night. ANd it is playing again tomorrow night.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #332
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
It's sad that in Canada, the first 20 minutes were the recap show, and all of a sudden someone realized they screwed up and it cut to Lukas singing. My wife and I were wondering why there was so much recap when the cut happened, and I looked around, "Where's Magni?" and realized that they screwed up and we hadn't been actually watching the final episode all that time. Supposedly they replayed it later on that night. ANd it is playing again tomorrow night.

we had a parents/teacher meeting at my son's school yesterday and had set the recorder to record from 8 to 10, on Global. Got home around 9:15 when I turn the TV on to Global, there was this message going at the bottom of the screen saying they would show it again at 10, and they did, we watched it pseudo live then.

You know what, I only realized tonight that somebody screwed up. All along I thought that the first airing had to be interrupted with press conferences and such regarding the shooting that had happened in Montreal in the afternoon. I decided to watch the first half hour on fastforward tonight and that's when I saw it... Global's got it all right...

FM
Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #333
sabotai
General Manager

Juke Kartel (Toby's band) has a profile on MySpace with 3 of their songs on it: http://www.myspace.com/jukekartel
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 AM   #334
Danny
Head Coach

Toby's band has better stuff then anything I've heard from Supernova so far.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:17 AM   #335
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Tommy Lee commented in the very first show after Lukas sang, that he is the next supernova.

When was this? Was this edited out of what they showed on TV? All Tommy said in what was broadcast was "Can you say fucking rockstar?"
Old 09-15-2006, 06:52 AM   #336
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
When was this? Was this edited out of what they showed on TV? All Tommy said in what was broadcast was "Can you say fucking rockstar?"

I think I remember him doing his shtick of "one word: Supernova" at one point or another. Not sure he really said he was going to be the next Supernova in exactly these words though...

FM
Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #337
Ksyrup

No, he didn't. I thought he said, "One word...Rockstar" or something like that.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #338
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just watched the final episode last night:

I didn't hear Brook say that Lukas had the highest votes. It sounded like she said something to the effect of these 2 have the highest votes.

I missed the one time they slipped and said Supernova as I never heard them refer to the band by that name in the final show.

I think Dilana had to be faking as she moved way too well only 2 weeks after her alledged torn muscle.

Lukas as the frontman also kills any interest I had in the band.

I'm interested in hearing Ryan Starr's CD. I'll also keep an eye on Toby and Magni.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-15-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #339
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Just watched the final episode last night:

I didn't hear Brook say that Lukas had the highest votes. It sounded like she said something to the effect of these 2 have the highest votes.

She kind of mumbled it, so maybe I misheard. Or maybe I'm psychic.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #340
Ksyrup

Rock Star: Supernova fights for its name
Another band already named Supernova so CBS’s band must use show title
Reuters

Updated: 9:44 p.m. ET Sept 14, 2006

LOS ANGELES - Forced by court order to change its name, a made-for-TV rock band featuring Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee made its commercial music debut on Thursday as Rock Star: Supernova — the title of the CBS show that spawned it.

The new group, which also includes former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and onetime Guns N’ Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke, originally had planned to call itself simply Supernova.

But a lesser-known band that has claimed that name for 17 years filed a trademark infringement suit last month, and a federal judge in San Diego this week ordered Lee’s band to find another name pending the outcome of the case.

Thus, a day after Toronto native Lukas Rossi was plucked from obscurity and crowned the band’s lead singer on the finale of “Rock Star: Supernova,” the quartet issued its first two singles under its lengthier, somewhat awkward, new moniker.

“It’s going to be Rock Star: Supernova. That’s their actual name,” said Natalie Geday-Sorem, a spokeswoman for the group’s label, Epic Records.

The first two songs — “It’s All Love” and “Be Yourself & 5 Other Cliches” — were made available for digital download from the online music store Yahoo! Music Unlimited (www.music.yahoo.com).

Epic Records plans to release the group’s debut album on Nov. 21, with the foursome slated to launch a 28-city North American tour in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve.

Geday-Sorem added that the label, a unit of Sony BMG Entertainment, was counting on more than just one album and tour from the band.
“It’s a permanent thing,” she told Reuters. “Once they get off their tour, they’re going to go right back into the studio and start to write more material.”

For now, the name Supernova will belong exclusively to the Southern California trio best known for contributing the song “Chewbacca” to the cult film “Clerks.”

That group, consisting of Jodey Lawrence, Art Mitchell and David Collins, has recorded four albums since forming in 1989.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #341
Joe
Pro Starter

a couple of tracks are up on the groups myspace: http://www.myspace.com/supernova

Lukas actually sounds decent, studio tricks and all.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:58 AM   #342
Danny
Head Coach

Lukas does sound good on those tracks actually.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #343
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Sadly, no studio tricks can get rid of 'here's your hey, hey, hey, here's your ho, ho, ho'.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #344
Danny
Head Coach

The songs still pretty much suck, but he sounds pretty good.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:04 AM   #345
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Sadly, no studio tricks can get rid of 'here's your hey, hey, hey, here's your ho, ho, ho'.

mmmm...hohos
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #346
Ksyrup

The AMG recap of the show is pretty funny:

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=61::69OP

Among the choice comments...that the band should call itself "Clint Howard the Goth Topic Hedgehog & the Pawn Shop Flotsam Mayhem," and that Lukas' signature stage move was the "monkey-lip drunken chicken strut." Good times.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #347
Ksyrup

And this one:

"Next season — Rock Star: Japanese Theocracy. It should be Slash and Duff and Matt Sorum finding a lead singer."
Old 09-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #348
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And this one:

"Next season — Rock Star: Japanese Theocracy. It should be Slash and Duff and Matt Sorum finding a lead singer."

What's wrong with Scott Weiland? I mean... besides the obvious.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #349
Joe
Pro Starter

The Supernova album came out today, and they will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Just in case anyone else wanted to watch the trainwreck in progress.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #350
Ksyrup

Couple of news items here, probably related, one unfortunate, the other I couldn't give a flying fig about (guess which is which):

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke has shot down reports that he has left ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA, the band he formed with Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE), Jason Newsted (VOIVOD, ex-METALLICA) and Canadian vocalist Lukas Rossi.

ET Canada reported earlier in the week that ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA was "over" following Clarke's decision to leave the band. [To watch the ET Canada report, go to this location and click on "Supernova to Change Name" from a list of videos at the bottom of the page.] However, in a statement issued earlier today (Saturday, April 14), Clarke said, "I have not left ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA. We just finished the tour. I don't know where they got that from. I did an interview with ET Canada, and we talked about the future of the band, but I never said I've left the band."

ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA's self-titled debut album has shifted less than 56,000 copies in the United States since its November 2006 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Although Rossi didn't comment on the rumors that Clarke had exited the band, he told ET Canada that "there will be a name change… the best is yet to come!" He also said that he is working on lyrics for a new album.

There is no word yet if Newsted will continue to be involved with the group, which completed a U.S. tour in February with THE PANIC CHANNEL as support.

The band lost Newsted in October 2006 after an accident that resulted in a torn anterior labrum in his left shoulder and a rotator cuff and bicep tear in the right (bassist Johnny Colt of BLACK CROWES/TRAIN filled in during the aforementioned trek). Newsted suffered the injuries while trying to catch a 90-pound bass head that had fallen from atop his amp. The combination of surgery and a lengthy rehab assignment left him sidelined for up to nine months.

"Rock Star Supernova" was certified gold in January for Canadian sales in excess of 50,000 copies.

From Melodicrock.com ROCK STAR TV SHOW AXED:
It is official - Rock Star, the TV show that put Inxs back on the road in 2005 and then (unfortunately) unleashed Supernova upon the world in its second season during 2006 has been cancelled.

CBS Television has decided to pull the plug on the show, choosing at this stage not to opt for a third season.

My criticisms of the second season will no doubt be familiar to regulars - they really did mess things up. In fact, now I'm even more resentful towards the show's producers, as they screwed up this chance to have good rock n roll on prime time TV.

The show had so much potential, but aside from 4 or 5 decent singers, the monkeys that they called talent last season was laughable. Then there was Supernova themselves...

I have heard there is a bit of a movement to get the show back on air from fans.

If you are interested in voicing your enthusiasm for a return of Rock Star, you can write to:

Ghen Maynard, Executive Vice President, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group, 7800 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles , CA 90036, USA.
Despite the "it's official" comment, I couldn't find an official statement to this effect, but I don't doubt it's true. It's unfortunate, because I liked the idea of the "talent" actually playing a role in performing and arranging (and sometimes writing) the material for the show, as opposed to AI's singer-only focus.

It seems like rock music would be the perfect genre to make a show like this out of, but the musicians/fans are too proud to really want to be involved in something that looks like AI. So, they can't draw anyone but has-beens or attention whores and their buddies to be the focal point of the show, denying it what it needs first and foremost to be acceptable to rock fans - credibility - and there you have it. I'm still hoping for a "battle of the bands" type show, or maybe even a singer/songerwriter-type competition. Hell, if they do another of those Nashville Star shows, I might even watch that, since I saw some clips of the competitors actually performing.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-18-2007 at 11:49 AM.