Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #301
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Most disappointing is that this is a guy that has acknowledged a problem with alcohol and he's in a bar.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #302
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Maualuga is, of course, a noted former resident of Humboldt County, CA.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #303
stevew
Hall Of Famer

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nt?odyssey=tab

COVINGTON — A Cincinnati Ben-Gals cheerleader was indicted Thursday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a student when she was a teacher at Dixie Heights High School.

A Kenton County grand jury indicted Sarah Jones on first-degree sexual abuse. She was also indicted on a charge unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual or other prohibited acts. The charges are felonies that are each punishable by up to five years in prison.

Her mother Cheryl Jones was indicted on a charge of tampering with physical evidence in her daughter’s case. Cheryl Jones, the principal at Twenhofel Middle School in Independence, expressed surprise when informed by a reporter of her indictment. She referred all questions to her lawyer. The tampering charge is also a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

The lawyer, Charles T. Lester Jr., confirmed he was representing Cheryl Jones, in addition to her daughter, but declined to comment. In a written statement released later, Lester said both women will be pleading not guilty.

“Sarah has maintained her innocence. The indictment of her mother is completely baseless,” the statement noted.

Kenton County School District Superintendent Terri Cox-Cruey placed Cheryl Jones on administrative leave upon learning of the indictment. She said she had not been aware that Cheryl Jones was under investigation.

Sarah Jones, who is team captain of the cheerleading squad, resigned Nov. 30 from Dixie Heights in Edgewood where she taught freshman English for about five years. Jones cited “personal reasons” in a one-sentence resignation letter. She was 26 years old.

Cox-Cruey said she also didn’t know there was an investigation of Sarah Jones until the day the teacher resigned. Cox-Cruey said she didn’t have an opportunity to question Sarah Jones or conduct an internal investigation.

She emphasized that the indictments stem from a police investigation that, for the most part, was kept secret from the school district

Last edited by stevew : 03-29-2012 at 03:42 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #304
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My freshman English teacher was in her mid 20s, hot, and the cheerleading coach, too.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #305
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This picture looks odd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bilde.jpg (26.7 KB, 271 views)
Old 03-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #306
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The whole Ben-Gals squad is kind of busted looking.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #307
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'd still stick it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #308
Logan
Head Coach

This story is like a perfect storm of FOFC thread lore.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #309
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

I almost cross posted it between threads.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #310
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Yep. Mods, can we please merge this thread with the child molester thread? Thanks.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #311
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yep. Mods, can we please merge this thread with the child molester thread? Thanks.

The story is already in that thread and the allegations can from a site known for posting baseless info.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #312
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

From the second page of the article.

Quote:
“Sarah denies it completely and apparently the quote, un quote ‘victim’ denies it and is not cooperating … and his parents are upset Sarah is having to go through this which is not usually the case in these situations,” Deters said in December.Lester, the Joneses’ current attorney is a partner in Deters’ law firm.

Deters also represented a former Dayton High School teacher who was found not guilty of first-degree sexual abuse. Nicole Howell, who was 26 at the time, was accused of having sex with a 16-year-old football player four or five times at her MainStrasse apartment.

Howell’s case was one of the first to be prosecuted under a more-stringent state law that makes it a felony for a person in authority to have even consensual sexual relations with someone under 18. In all other instances in Kentucky, the age of consent is considered to be 16.

Sarah Jones gained national attention in 2009 when she sued online gossip site TheDirty.com and its operator, Nik Richie, after unflattering pictures of her appeared with allegations that she’d had sex with Bengals players and had two sexually transmitted diseases. The photos and comments had been provided anonymously.

Her case is being watched closely by First Amendment and technology experts after U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman ruled that TheDirty.com and Richie were not shielded from liability. The decision, issued in January, was seen as a departure from numerous other rulings protecting website operators who display defamatory third-party content.

TheDirty.com has appealed to the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, and Sarah Jones has gone on TV shows from “20/20” to “Anderson Cooper 360” talking about the embarrassment and public scrutiny she faced after the online postings.

Sarah Jones claimed the school district had to block the website because so many students were viewing the site on school computers. The high school principal at the time even reviewed security camera footage after one post on the website alleged Sarah Jones was having sex in her classroom, The Enquirer previously reported.

Last edited by Matthean : 03-29-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #313
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
From the second page of the article.

Were the unflattering pictures of her the ones in this thread?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #314
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My freshman English teacher was in her mid 20s, hot, and the cheerleading coach, too.

I saw the girl's gym teacher from my HS the other day. I swear she looks as hot as she did 20 years ago. Then I did the math and realized she was probably about 41 or 42

Last edited by stevew : 03-29-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #315
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I saw the girl's gym teacher from my HS the other day. I swear she looks as hot as she did 20 years ago. Then I did the math and realized she was probably about 41 or 42

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #316
PilotMan
Head Coach

One of the girls who cuts my hair was a Bengals Cheerleader.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #317
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
One of the girls who cuts my hair was a Bengals Cheerleader.

Two girls at once means something other than getting your hair cut.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #318
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hair cut and a facial?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #319
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #320
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bengals must have decided to start a taxi squad on the inside now....

Quote:
Bengals will keep LB Brandon Joiner

ESPN.com news services | May 25, 2012
The Cincinnati Bengals believe in second chances.

On Friday, the team, whose lineup last season included the likes of Cedric Benson, Adam "Pacman" Jones and Jerome Simpson, placed its support behind another legally embattled player, pledging to keep linebacker Brandon Joiner on its roster indefinitely after the undrafted rookie was sentenced to three years in prison.

"Though it is unlikely he will have any chance to play this season, his contract extends beyond 2012, and the club is choosing to retain his NFL rights at this time," the Bengals said in a statement.

Joiner's sentence, the result of a plea deal, stemmed from an incident occurring in 2007 when he was 18 and playing at Texas A&M.

"His positive actions during the past five years, including significant community service work, graduation from Arkansas State University and an unblemished subsequent behavior record, have generated a group of active supporters," the Bengals said.

Among those now backing Joiner include Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe and Hugh Freeze, the linebacker's head coach while at Arkansas State who is now the head coach at Mississippi, the Bengals said.

Joiner finished out his collegiate playing career at Arkansas State after being kicked off the Texas A&M team.

"In kind, the Bengals support Brandon's future opportunity for a career in the NFL," the team said in the statement.

Joiner was indicted for two counts of aggravated robbery and one charge of felony drug possession in January 2008, about a month after police said he and another former Texas A&M player broke into a College Station apartment and robbed a drug dealer at gunpoint.

According to court documents, Joiner and Yemi Babalola used duct tape to bind the man before taking off with wallets, keys, cellphones and marijuana, a police report stated. A police search of Joiner's home found marijuana, hydrocodone and Ecstasy.

Jay Granberry, Joiner's defense attorney, said he worked out a plea deal with prosecutors that would allow his client to graduate before going to jail. The lawyer indicated Joiner could be released on parole after six to nine months in prison.

The Bengals, of course, are no strangers to controversy hatched from players' run-ins with the law.

Benson, now a free agent after four seasons with the Bengals, served a one-game suspension last season after spending five days in a Texas jail in the offseason, the result of two misdemeanor assault cases.

In March, Cincinnati re-signed "Pacman" Jones, a five-year NFL veteran who will enter his third season with the Bengals. He was sidelined with a neck injury last season, but still played in eight games, including the past seven as a starter. He had 31 tackles.

Jones revived his career with the Bengals after a series of arrests and suspensions.

Jones' most recent trouble was resolved in January, when he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. A second misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest was dismissed in a plea agreement with prosecutors. He may still face discipline from the league.

Simpson, who signed with the Minnesota Vikings last month after a 15-day jail sentence and three years' probation on a drug-related charge, also received the support of the Bengals.

Before his signing with the Vikings, coach Marvin Lewis, who sent a letter in support of Simpson to the sentencing judge, said the team was open to offering Simpson another contract despite the legal problems.

Simpson pleaded guilty March 1 to the felony charge resulting from about two pounds of marijuana shipped to his northern Kentucky home in September. He was indicted on a felony charge of marijuana trafficking, but the plea agreement changed the charge to a prohibited act relating to controlled substances, also a felony.

Meanwhile, linebacker Rey Maualuga's assault charge was dismissed late last month after the dispute was settled in mediation.

Maualuga also could still face possible punishment from the NFL under its personal conduct policy.

Maualuga was charged with misdemeanor assault after an employee at a downtown bar told police that the middle linebacker punched him in the face on Feb. 5.

The Bengals drafted Maualuga out of USC in the second round of the 2009 NFL draft.

Four years earlier, in the third round of the draft, they had picked receiver Chris Henry, whose five tumultuous seasons in the NFL ended in December 2009, when he was killed after either jumping or falling from the back of a moving pickup truck driven by his fiancée.

Henry was arrested five times during his pro career, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for the first half of the 2007 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

But after Cincinnati brought him back in 2008, Henry vowed to put his substance abuse and anger management issues behind him. And he had been succeeding, according to teammates as well as Bengals officials.

Information from ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley, ESPN The Magazine's Peter Keating and The Associated Press was used in this report.
Comment on this story
Old 05-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #321
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Joiner's a completely different case. By all accounts he's been exemplary in his behavior and is a guy trying to turn his life around after a stupid decision when he was eighteen. As a UDFA guy he probably won't make the NFL, but I hope he can and I don't have a problem with the Bengals keeping his rights.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #322
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I was amazed that the kid got a plea deal that let him finish his education before serving time.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #323
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm actualy very impressed with that deal. more like it should be given.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #324
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

People worry about guys like Joiner and Burfict on the Bengals message boards, but for what the team has invested in them, its no risk. 4 or 5 years ago, they might have taken Burfict in round 3 or so. I feel better about the team now than at any time during the Marvin era and it seems like the players they're getting are good character guys and good value guys. I feel like a lot of the stuff that happened when the Bengals became known as a team of convicts was due to Mike Brown basically saying fuck you to Marvin and making him draft and sign misfits because Mike has a soft spot for those reclamation projects. I think this officially changed last season and I think Brown sees that this more Marvin-like method works. The next step for the team now is to re-sign their best guys when the time comes. If the money they aren't spending on FA's is spent on those players, then this team will be just fine going forward. It's just gonna suck when Gruden and Zimmer get HC jobs after this season or next.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #325
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm actualy very impressed with that deal. more like it should be given.

Oh, I wasn't complaining at all. I was pleased and surprised that they were so forward-thinking in that particular instance.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #326
Grover
Pro Starter

theScoreTicker @theScoreTicker
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Adrian Peterson is the 40th Vikings player to be arrested since 2000, which is the most by any NFL team

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #327
britrock88
Pro Starter

I just love that he was arrested on a charge of resisting arrest. This hypothetical came to mind:

Police: You're under arrest.
Joe Innocent: I'm not doing anything. You can't arrest me!
Police: Well, I can now.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #328
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That always reminds me of NewsRadio.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #329
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

So does this make the Bengals the Vikings of the AFC?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #330
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I just love that he was arrested on a charge of resisting arrest. This hypothetical came to mind:

Joe Innocent: I'm not doing anything. You can't arrest me!
Police: Well, I can now.

Pretty close, actually...

Police: Club is closed. Time to leave. (Goes to tell others same thing)
Police: (Upon returning) The club is closed. It's time to leave.
AP: I heard you the first time (shoves cop)
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #331
chadritt
High School Varsity

Take out the "shoves cop" and nothing happens to him. Dude has to know better.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #332
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Take out the "shoves cop" and nothing happens to him. Dude has to know better.

Exactly. How stupid does someone have to be to think that shoving a cop is a good idea?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #333
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Exactly. How stupid does someone have to be to think that shoving a cop is a good idea?

To be fair, it reportedly was an off-duty cop. I doubt he had the full uniform on and everything.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
To be fair, it reportedly was an off-duty cop. I doubt he had the full uniform on and everything.

He shouldn't be shoving anyone. It is a dick move.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #335
fpres
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Reports indicate he identified himself as a cop before the shove took place. Peterson then struggled against him and a second nearby off-duty officer who came over to help. A third off-duty officer had to assist in eventually handcuffing him.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote