Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #301
Epi_862
Mascot

So when the assman says he's been very impressed by someone in training recently, am i reading it right if i take it as: "this guy might have more potential than we think, let him play"
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #302
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
On that route, I just sim to the start of June then put myself on vacation with the instructions to apply to all bottom league jobs and return as soon as 1 is offered. I always get hired that way.

Exactly how i do it, usually you get an offer in November or so, once teams start to fire managers because bad results.

Last edited by Icy : 11-04-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #303
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
So when the assman says he's been very impressed by someone in training recently, am i reading it right if i take it as: "this guy might have more potential than we think, let him play"

It means he has improved lately in the eyes of the assistant manager and you'll probably be able to verify some of this from the training graphs yourself. So it doesn't necessarily mean he has more potential than previously thought, but obviously he has had at least some potential as he has been improving lately.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #305
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
It means he has improved lately in the eyes of the assistant manager and you'll probably be able to verify some of this from the training graphs yourself. So it doesn't necessarily mean he has more potential than previously thought, but obviously he has had at least some potential as he has been improving lately.

Morjensta vaan!

But the thing that threw me off was the fact that the training reports come in a different manner, and these are just random. And usually the attribute changes shown are pretty minimal after the message - so i was thinking there might be more to it. Guess not. Just seems like the messages value is quite trivial.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #306
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I skip the whole first season though and try to grab one of the promoted crap monsters to build everything from scratch. It's rarely successful.

Trying this now. Built a lineup full of 3*+ players and still got blown out 5-1 on Opening Day.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #308
fortheglory
Mascot

Is there an easy way to download the entire face megapack easily without torrent or 12 different mirror sites? Same with logos?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #309
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
Is there an easy way to download the entire face megapack easily without torrent or 12 different mirror sites? Same with logos?
I did download the Logos all in one file. Best I could do with facepack was 7 different downloads (pain in the ass to then combine them before finally unzipping them). Should be easier than this...

Last edited by tyketime : 11-04-2011 at 12:00 PM.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #310
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just started the Demo as AaB after following most of the Dynasties. So far I am grumbling only at how quickly I am getting sucked in. Lots I dont get yet, but we did manage to finally get a backup goalkeeper and we did beat Brondby...(before losing a couple)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #311
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Hosting costs money and file sharing sites only allow certain file sizes to be uploaded for free. That's what you get. Not sure what you have against torrent.

I donated to sortitousi.net a year or so ago so I'm a premium member and have access to the direct link for the facepack.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #312
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Weird - I just tried to start playing FM12 and got the following error: "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time". I have NEVER seen this before with any Steam game... anyone else having an issue playing?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #313
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Hosting costs money and file sharing sites only allow certain file sizes to be uploaded for free. That's what you get. Not sure what you have against torrent.

I donated to sortitousi.net a year or so ago so I'm a premium member and have access to the direct link for the facepack.

I am not sure how to use it. I have a mac, and tried using opera, but I guess I am missing something.

Last edited by fortheglory : 11-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #314
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

No. Steam is absolutely flawless and every game should be Steam-based in the future.

But really -- Football Manager 2012 *OFFICIAL* FAQ
Old 11-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #315
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
I am not sure how to use it. I have a mac, and tried using opera, but I guess I am missing something.

Download this -- Download - ĀµTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

Then the metallic logo megapack torrent can be found in here -- Metallic Logos Megapack - Sortitoutsi.net - Football Manager 2011 Forums

Cut-out megapack torrent can be had here -- Cut-Out Faces Megapack 4.0.rar.torrent
Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #316
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Weird - I just tried to start playing FM12 and got the following error: "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time". I have NEVER seen this before with any Steam game... anyone else having an issue playing?
OK this worked for me:

Complete the Verifying GCF Cache Files process to repair your game cache files.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #317
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No. Steam is absolutely flawless and every game should be Steam-based in the future.

But really -- Football Manager 2012 *OFFICIAL* FAQ

Yikes - while I think I may understand your point, the convenience has far surpassed any troubles I've had over the past 3-4 years with Steam. Thanks for the link though
Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #318
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post

Ugh, just got the same error. First time I've ever had that problem with Steam - off to read the FAQ.

Edit: thanks for the tip on "Complete the Verifying GCF Cache Files process to repair your game cache files." Saved me a few steps and worked like a charm.

Last edited by moriarty : 11-04-2011 at 09:28 PM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #319
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Download this -- Download - ĀµTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

Then the metallic logo megapack torrent can be found in here -- Metallic Logos Megapack - Sortitoutsi.net - Football Manager 2011 Forums

Cut-out megapack torrent can be had here -- Cut-Out Faces Megapack 4.0.rar.torrent

Thank you..worked like a charm...really starting to love this game..just really getting into it
Old 11-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #320
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Trying this now. Built a lineup full of 3*+ players and still got blown out 5-1 on Opening Day.

Honestly, if your team is full of three star players, it's not very good, so it should have gotten blown out
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #321
britrock88
Pro Starter

Emphasis on the plus. My back line was 4-5*.

Naturally, in the following weeks, my scouts reconsidered, and everyone's worse than originally rated. But hey, they are BSS-quality scouts, so I shouldn't be surprised. This is the magic of playing on the low levels!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #323
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Emphasis on the plus. My back line was 4-5*.

Naturally, in the following weeks, my scouts reconsidered, and everyone's worse than originally rated. But hey, they are BSS-quality scouts, so I shouldn't be surprised. This is the magic of playing on the low levels!

Also remember that your Assistant Manager may have different JPA/P ratings from your scouts and that will adjust their * ratings accordingly.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #324
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just had a FM moment while watching the Sporting KC/Houston pregame. Pregame host said that one of the fans told him to mention how great the Sporting KC ownership is. I heard that and thought 'that's something I'd see in FM'.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #325
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I am having a problem in my game and am not sure if it is a bug or not. I am unable to set conditions for my players that are on international teams. IE I go to the appropriate page but can't set a 45 minute limit. None of the individual selection boxes on the far right are click-able.

I have also tried the apply to all pull down on the top right. Here I can select 45 minute limit (or any option for that matter), make a selection, and use the confirm button on the lower right. However none of the instructions stick.

I've tried it from the news story announcing player being called and using the link to the instruction screen. I've tried it going through the team menu. Neither one works.

I tried taking control of the under-18 team and reserve team to see if that would let me set instructions, didn't work.

Am I just missing something?

Kind of ticked me off as one of my MC players was injured on the 55th minute of international play when I had tried to limit him to 45 minutes.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #326
bhlloy
Coordinator

Are they international friendlies? If they are competitive games I don't think you can set instructions.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #327
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Are they international friendlies? If they are competitive games I don't think you can set instructions.

I'm not sure, I'll have to check tomorrow. In previous versions I've been in lower leagues and haven't had guys called up or I simply didn't have players good enough to be called. I didn't realize there was a difference between friendlies and competitive games. Makes sense. Thanks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #328
Epi_862
Mascot

Looking for some input, again.

Now, to preface, i never cheat in this game, i dont read boards for good players, training help or anything. I play by myself, without cheats or outside info.

Keeping this in mind, im in a bit of a bad situation. My newport co team is in it's 5th year, second in npower 1. Seems like i'll be able to avoid relegation this year too, which is great. Im in the shitter financially, but i got the board to purchase the stadium so at least, down the line, i can have a solution to all the sellouts. But i digress...

Here's the problem: I have 5-6 of my key players - who i've groomed for 2-4 seasons, mind you - coming to the end of their contracts. Now, most of them arent even asking for a raise, just the same they are making now. Im a couple grand a week over the budget, so the board-set limitations really prevent me from resigning my guys.

Now, my thinking is - a real board would allow me to resign them at the same salary level, since im probably done in npower 1 if i lose them.

I never have cheated the game, or would want to, but in my situation, would it be realistic to maybe use an editor (?) to either up the wage available or something... and is that even possible with the editor?

I dont want to cheat, i just think the situation im in is a bit unrealistic, and would like to keep pushing the club forward.

What to do?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #329
AlexB
Pro Starter

Disagree tbh: if you are in financially in the hole, the board would look to lower the wage bill. Have to let them go and rebuild IMO - part of the challenge!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #331
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Anybody else had the ball in the 3d engine come at you and you reach out to catch it.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Epi, I agree that IRL you could make your case, but the board might very well try and get you back into line with the budget. Seems to me that there has to be another way you can solve this issue. Could you sell ONE of the players, invest the money in your wage budget and be ok? Sell a different player and do the same?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #333
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Epi, I agree that IRL you could make your case, but the board might very well try and get you back into line with the budget. Seems to me that there has to be another way you can solve this issue. Could you sell ONE of the players, invest the money in your wage budget and be ok? Sell a different player and do the same?

Yeah, unfortunately i've tried it already. I've got a couple of 300k valued players that i could sell and solve most of my problems, but teams aint buyin...
Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #335
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
If they're not part of your core that you want to keep together, sell them cheap. The payroll room will make up for the loss in transfer fees.

Nobodys buying anyone, even for next to nothing. Im screwed. I guess i'll bite the bullet and get relegated next year... shame. But better than cheating, i guess.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #336
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Can you just release some of them for free to get under the wage budget?

At least in older versions (2010), the severance pay isn't part of your transfer budget. Once you're under the budget, you immediately make all the contract offers to the players and hope they all accept. The old AI would allow you to game the system that way to some extent.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #337
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am bored by the gaming options on my iPad - waiting for FMH 2012!!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Can you just release some of them for free to get under the wage budget?

At least in older versions (2010), the severance pay isn't part of your transfer budget. Once you're under the budget, you immediately make all the contract offers to the players and hope they all accept. The old AI would allow you to game the system that way to some extent.

Just to clarify - you dont want to release the players you want to keep...releasing a player always (rightfullly so) results in a "Don't ever talk to me again" response from the player.

God I can't wait to get home and fire up FM!!

Have people started playing their long-term games yet?? Should I fire mine up and get cracking?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #339
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I am bored by the gaming options on my iPad - waiting for FMH 2012!!!!!

Theres a little time yet until thats available - it'll be here before christmas though ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #340
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Just to clarify - you dont want to release the players you want to keep...releasing a player always (rightfullly so) results in a "Don't ever talk to me again" response from the player.

God I can't wait to get home and fire up FM!!

Have people started playing their long-term games yet?? Should I fire mine up and get cracking?

I am 5 years into my game in Ukraine, having a lot of fun still
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #341
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

Currently near the end of year 3 at West Ham.

And yes, yes you should.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #342
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Will have to do that then!

Was waiting till after this weeklong trip I was on so that I could fully immerse myself quickly (without starting and then having to break).
Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Theres a little time yet until thats available - it'll be here before christmas though ...

Oh I know - just eager!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #344
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

Any chance we'll at least get a few details to tide us over soon...
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So my long-term game is starting off as promisingly as my demo-game. Still undefeated in the league in late October (although my defense has maybe been a lil bit leakier). Offense still firing very well (although this time around Matri seems to be outplaying Quagliarella).

Two highlights below - the first is a LONG strike from Quags, and the second is my goalfest in my last game against Siena.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #346
Grover
Pro Starter

Great goal from Quags!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #347
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Great goal from Quags!

Wasn't it?? I don't think I've ever seen one from much farther away - I literally jumped off my sofa last night yelling.

He seems to score some absolute scorchers from long range though, I've got to say.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #348
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wasn't it?? I don't think I've ever seen one from much farther away - I literally jumped off my sofa last night yelling.

He seems to score some absolute scorchers from long range though, I've got to say.

This one might be close, but was a dead ball.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #349
AlexB
Pro Starter

There is something screwy with the difficulty atm - there's a whole thread on it on the SI forums. I'm 21 points clear in the BSN after 30 games, won 27 of 30, scored nearly 100 goals in doing so.

This is all playing a standard 442, with most players playing in their preferred roles (generally one CM and depending on selection one forward will not be in their primary position and role)

I do have three strikers, two CMs, one RM and one DC that are too good for this level (all PT contracts from free transfers), plus two other good FBs for the level, but I shouldn't be dominating to the extent that I am (or shouldn't have been able to get these players in the first place, espcially on the contracts I did - a couple of them on are £65 pw PT contracts)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #350
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

This one might be close, but was a dead ball.

Nice!!!!

I think I might have had a deadball goal from deep out too, by Del Piero or somebody else...but that might have been on the demo...I'm not sure.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-13-2011 at 04:08 PM.