Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #3451
digamma
Torchbearer

Trump seems to be declaring war on the Republicans

Earlier he tweeted that Ryan needed to worry more about legislating and stop criticizing the nominee for President. His press secretary just tweeted that she can't keep her phone charged from due to all of the texts she's getting from people who will vote Trump but not for Republicans down ballot.

Ok.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #3452
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

Earlier he tweeted that Ryan needed to worry more about legislating and stop criticizing the nominee for President. His press secretary just tweeted that she can't keep her phone charged from due to all of the texts she's getting from people who will vote Trump but not for Republicans down ballot.

Ok.

That's like the best news possible for Democrats.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #3453
Subby
lolzcat

Trump Ally Alex Jones: "I Was Told By People Around" Clinton That "She's Demon-Possessed"
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #3454
nol
Banned

This could be the bombshell Trump needs

edit: whoops, beaten to the punch

Last edited by nol : 10-10-2016 at 02:05 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #3455
Arles
Grey Dog Software

In this upcoming third Clinton-Turmp debate, I'm waiting for someone to say "Live from New York, this is Saturday Night". At this point, nothing else makes sense...
Old 10-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #3456
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I'm as fearful of a Trump presidency as anyone but is the media really going to Alex Jones to discredit him. He can't actually be friends with that lunatic can he? If not, how irresponsible has the press become?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #3457
larrymcg421
Head Coach

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/politi...er-alex-jones/

Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #3458
Subby
lolzcat

Is grabbing a woman's genitals sexual assault? Millions of women think it is. The justice department thinks it is. Trump surrogates? NOT SO SURE.

Donald Trump’s backers have been reduced to suggesting groping may not be sexual assault - The Washington Post
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #3459
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Wow. Why hasn't Clinton been running with this the entire campaign? Alex Jones is beyond out to lunch.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #3460
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I seem to remember lots of pearl clutching going on about how there was going to be a wave of women being groped and assaulted in public bathrooms by transgenders. Quite a few people I know who were worried about that are now trying to pass off Trump's statements as "just saying mean things about women", when he is admitting he did what they were concerned about happening.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #3461
Thomkal
Head Coach

I guess that's one way to try to get the evangelical vote. What a lunatic.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #3462
Galaxy
Coordinator

What the hell is going on? I can't imagine what the night/day after will be like. Both sides are nuts.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #3463
digamma
Torchbearer

The sun will come up and then set again.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #3464
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
What the hell is going on? I can't imagine what the night/day after will be like. Both sides are nuts.

I dare say one side is just a wee bit nuttier than the other here.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #3465
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

It'll be pretty much the same as it is now.

The two sides will hate each other fairly passionately, neither will have the balls to actually do much about it except talk incessantly.

Business as usual for most of several decades really.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #3466
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Old 10-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #3467
Thomkal
Head Coach

OK I missed something here-what did this guy do?
Old 10-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #3468
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Yeah what's the backstory here?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #3469
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
This is what I've found:

Trump campaign fires Virginia chairman Corey Stewart following protest at RNC | News | pilotonline.com

Quote:
The campaign specifically asked Stewart not to participate in the protest. "He did that on his own, without approval or authorization from the Trump campaign," Fredericks said. "Either you're on the team or you're not."

Stewart, the chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors, is also a Republican candidate for governor in 2017.

"We are not going to condone publicity stunts, counter to the campaign's mission, in order to enhance somebody's gubernatorial campaign position," Fredericks said.

Last edited by cartman : 10-10-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #3470
digamma
Torchbearer

From the articles I'm reading, he staged a pro-Trump rally/protest outside the RNC offices in Virginia.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #3471
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hrm, so he was protesting the RNC and that got him bounced? RNC must not be quite distancing from Trump as much as was though.

So he's been fired for being too vociferously pro-Trump. That's a new one.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-10-2016 at 04:06 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #3472
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
In a Facebook post shortly before 4 p.m. featuring a photo of Stewart in a TV studio, Stewart said: "Tons of interviews today on behalf of Mr. Trump. Then, I went to start a rebellion against GOP establishment pukes who betrayed Trump."

Pro Trump and anti-puke.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #3473
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Right idea, but probably a good notion to get that cleared from above first.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #3474
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Having a hard time figuring out if Pence, Cruz, or Ryan is going to come out of this looking the most emasculated.
As others have said it's easily Cruz. That phone bank meme + the phrase cuckservative won't go away. He's done unless his dad actually assassinates HRC like he did JFK.

The endorsement hanging out there is a little weird, but I think Ryan can come out mostly unscathed nationally if he can keep his mouth shut and deflect everything. The press will hammer him and try desperately to get him saying anything about Trump though, so he might have to go full Marshawn Lynch in any press conferences this next month.

I can't figure out Pence. He was a nobody nationally 3 months ago, who's actually tried to do some of the more abhorrent things Trump says, but does it civilly enough and is close enough to a lightning rod he really hasn't been tarred with those yet. Like Mitt & unlike 90% of politicians I think he's sincere with his faith stuff, so I don't know how he plays out going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Looks like you can buy Trump/GOP/Pence somewhere around 18-19 cents on the dollar. In a buy/sell market like PredictIt, I'm tempted to cal this a "bottom" and buy Trump now just on the working assumption that it can't get much worse. But sure I will... but it does feel like a defensible play here.
You know PredictIt much better than I, but I think he could see a drop down to 15% as the media focuses on Republican infighting & some more bad polls come out for him this week. I do agree he'll get a dead cat bounce from the Hannity debate.

Also, George Soros is a nice shady boogeyman, but Warren Buffett seemed like an odd guy to bring up last night, and he predictably bodied Trump today. Some Tax Facts for Donald Trump | Business Wire
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #3475
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I dare say one side is just a wee bit nuttier than the other here.

Eh, I disagree. Both are nuts. Both candidates are pretty darn awful character wise. Nothing will change, really. I mean, if Clinton wins, Congress will still be split.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-10-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #3476
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean...everyone is entitled to their opinion, but one candidate in this race is running a pretty traditional campaign and is a pretty standard -- if deeply flawed -- politician (granted, one whose opponents have been trying to have all sorts of allegations stick to her for 25 years).

The other is a made-for-television walking carnival who has eschewed all conventions of a traditional campaign and is down with conspiracy theorists (or in the case of birtherism actually is one) who suggest that the opponent is a literal demon.

Yeah, those are roughly equivalent.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #3477
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Some of the signs at the above-mentioned protest at the GOP are cringe-inducing:

Tara Setmayer on Twitter: "HAPPENING NOW: Pro Trump rally in front of the RNC HQ in DC. Unbelievable how ignorant some of the signs are. The GOP must reject this crap! https://t.co/ILSLvkKhZb"

Yes: "Better to Grab a P***Y then be one". Says a lot about that jackhole's relationship with women, huh?

edit: oh, and if this whackjob wants to be taken seriously, he should have the courage to spell out the verboten word huh?

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-10-2016 at 04:34 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #3478
cartman
Death Herald

Why is it better to grab a pygmy than to be one?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #3479
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No no no, you got it all wrong, he was referring to PUTTY, remember the playdoh donation Donald made? He was referring to THAT and referring to the "spineless" ness of those not firmly behind Herr Trump.

edit: Here's the rest of the five letter words that begin with p and end with y.. personally, I just think this whackamaroon was being pissy

http://letterword.com/index.php/five...d-ending-in-y/

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-10-2016 at 04:40 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #3480
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Why is it better to grab a pygmy than to be one?

Many times they seem to come up ... short.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #3481
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Is grabbing a woman's genitals sexual assault? Millions of women think it is. The justice department thinks it is. Trump surrogates? NOT SO SURE.

Forget Cuban, I'd like to see someone pay George Takei $5M to grab Trump by the balls and see if he presses charges.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #3482
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Forget Cuban, I'd like to see someone pay George Takei $5M to grab Trump by the balls and see if he presses charges.

George Takei Oh My - YouTube
Old 10-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #3483
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So I was polled today on my thoughts on Donald no longer running. They ran Mitt/Pence by me and most ridiculously, Mitt/Jeb. They didn't say for whom they were polling, but it would be very interesting if it wasn't a media outlet.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #3484
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
edit: oh, and if this whackjob wants to be taken seriously, he should have the courage to spell out the verboten word huh?

Literally had this exact conversation with my 8 y.o. foster daughter this week when she came home with a two day in-school suspension for lining up girls at recess to smack them on the ass and call them "fucking bitches".

She was like, "I called them the b-word."

And I was like: "Which b-word is that? I don't think I know that word."

(whispers) "Bitches."

Me: "And what's this f-word here? It says you 'aksdently' said an f-word? By the way, 'accidentally' is now on your spelling list. If you're going to use a word to lie, you should at least be able to spell it correctly."

(whispers) "Fucken."

"So, you called them fucking bitches?" (nods) "You know what? If you can say those words at school, you can say them in front of me without staring at your feet. What was it you called them?"

"Fucken bitches."

"Did that seem like a good idea?"

"Not now."

"Then there you go. Do your detention, don't complain about it, and pay more attention when you're spelling."

Last edited by Drake : 10-10-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #3485
tarcone
Coordinator

Hope she doesnt run for president as a republican.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #3486
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Hope she doesnt run for president as a republican.

Yeah, because the Republican front-runner might make sexist remarks about her. Good point.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #3487
Drake
assmaster

I wouldn't worry about it. At the rate she's going, she'll be lucky if she can stay out of jail until she graduates high school. The incident above is literally the least of her offenses at school in the last week.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #3488
thesloppy
Pro Starter

https://youtu.be/rtkI87FeqOY?t=57s
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-10-2016 at 06:30 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #3489
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yeah, because the Republican front-runner might make sexist remarks about her. Good point.

Or be raped by the dems front runners husband and then shamed by her.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #3490
Dutch
"Dutch"

https://www.facebook.com/Giels/video...4481709327674/
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #3491
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Many times they seem to come up ... short.

oof.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #3492
Drake
assmaster

Just for the record: making rapey jokes about my 8 y.o. foster daughter really isn't cool.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #3493
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Just for the record: making rapey jokes about my 8 y.o. foster daughter really isn't cool.

Jesus is love, you liberal scum.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #3494
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

Sorry. She got caught in the cross fire.

But I am truly impressed with her leadership skills. Not many people can get others to line up and get hit and called fucking bitches. If you can channel that in the right direction, you got a winner there.

Last edited by digamma : 10-10-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Mod edit: Take a few days on this one. Cross fire is a lame excuse for jumping to the rape joke.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #3495
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Looks like you can buy Trump/GOP/Pence somewhere around 18-19 cents on the dollar. In a buy/sell market like PredictIt, I'm tempted to cal this a "bottom" and buy Trump now just on the working assumption that it can't get much worse. But sure I will... but it does feel like a defensible play here.

In at 18 this morning, can sell now at 21. Weird times.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #3496
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Sorry. She got caught in the cross fire.

But I am truly impressed with her leadership skills. Not many people can get others to line up and get hit and called fucking bitches. If you can channel that in the right direction, you got a winner there.

Don't sweat it. I appreciate the apology. I'm always telling my wife that the problem with us guys is that given the chance to say the right thing or the funny thing, we're going to pick the funny thing roughly 70% of the time.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #3497
Flasch186
Coordinator

Locker Room talk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #3498
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't sweat it. I appreciate the apology. I'm always telling my wife that the problem with us guys is that given the chance to say the right thing or the funny thing, we're going to pick the funny thing roughly 70% of the time.

Unfortunately 90% of us really aren't that funny.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:12 AM   #3499
Galaxy
Coordinator

Trump’s truest believers start to worry: ‘You could easily lose this election’
Old 10-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #3500
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

Ok.

So the supporters don't understand how the Constitution and Congress works and how the laws are passed? Yep--great idea--vote in Trump, but vote out the people in Congress that you need to carry out the legislation that you want done (repeal ObamaCare, Supreme Court, tax reform, immigration, ect.).

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-11-2016 at 12:26 AM.