Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #3501
stevew
Hall Of Famer

English is her native language, too.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #3502
JediKooter
Coordinator

All caps is definitely one of the signs of insanity.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #3503
JediKooter
Coordinator

If true, pretty petty of the owner of the Clippers. Hats off to the ones who stepped up.

Players chip in to save coach’s life after Clippers decline medical coverage - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #3504
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm so glad I friended my wife's insane aunt on facebook. Her latest gem.

I have one almost exactly like this. Parent of one of my students.

LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY DAY SO FAR AN TOMORROW SUPPOSE TO BE 79 WOOT WOOOT EXCEPT WE WILL B IN FAYETTVILLE ALLDAY HOPE DADS APPTS GO GOOD

That's by no means one of the best/worst, it just happened to be at the top of my feed. Pretty typical, but can be hysterically bad from time to time. ALWAYS all caps.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #3505
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
If true, pretty petty of the owner of the Clippers. Hats off to the ones who stepped up.

Players chip in to save coach’s life after Clippers decline medical coverage - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I wish that the league would take the Clippers from Sterling, and this is another example why.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #3506
Logan
Head Coach

In fairness to Donald Sterling (wow, something I never thought I'd say) the ESPN article states that his Clippers insurance provided coverage for some doctors, but did not cover the particular doctor he wanted (one who would perform the surgery sooner than the others). It's not exactly "declining medical coverage".
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #3507
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Get the cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster and then leave.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #3508
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just another day at the office. This is one of the original R2D2s from Episode 4 sitting right outside my office door. (EDIT) I am now told that is actually from the prequels.

Can I be you for a day?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #3509
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Okay, don't get me wrong, the medical insurance the owner has should have covered it, but:

You're getting an NBA head coach's salary and can't afford $70,000 surgery yourself?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #3510
cuervo72
Head Coach

A little searching says he was an interim coach when Dunleavy was fired, for 33 games. Guessing he never made more than his salary as an asst, which was probably on the low end to begin with considering that outfit.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #3511
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I lost a few IQ points tonight. Actually, I'm surprised I just didn't start drooling because I had the unfortunate pleasure of watching a bit of Operation Repo. What a pile of shit.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #3512
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Can I be you for a day?

Sure. Just as long as I don't have to be in Wisconsin during the winter time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Okay, don't get me wrong, the medical insurance the owner has should have covered it, but:

You're getting an NBA head coach's salary and can't afford $70,000 surgery yourself?

That thought did enter my mind. I also thought, why would it take 4 players to cover 70K, unless there were more expenses than what was mentioned in the article. However, I'm sure the owner of the Clippers was a dick about it.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #3513
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, what kind of freaking phone number is this: 703 33 318. Has called me twice the last two days. Never leaves a message.

There's either 2 missing numbers or there is one too many numbers. A google search finds nothing.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #3514
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I was at a convention this week and had one of those "out of the blue" racist situations come up, and it was hard to know how to act. Talking to this older guy - probably in his 50s - and he was talking about growing up not knowing what he wanted to do with his life until his 30s, and I mentioned that I knew I was going to go to law school by the time I was 11. And he says, "Well, when I was 11, I wanted to be a toll booth collector, but then I realized I wasn't black."

Um...WHAT?

How the hell do you handle that? I just kinda fake laughed and started moving in another direction...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-18-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #3515
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Just start talking like Rick James until he leaves.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #3516
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So I was at a convention this week and had one of those "out of the blue" racist situations come up, and it was hard to know how to act. ... And he says, "Well, when I was 11, I wanted to be a toll booth collector, but then I realized I wasn't black."

So what are the demographics of the toll booth collectors in your (or his) area? More importantly, what were the demographics of the job when he was 11?

My thought here is that, based solely on the quote & lacking any other comments from the guy or further context, is that this seems like stereotyping but not necessarily "racist" at least not in the typical negative overtones sort of way.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #3517
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I was at a convention this week and had one of those "out of the blue" racist situations come up, and it was hard to know how to act. Talking to this older guy - probably in his 50s - and he was talking about growing up not knowing what he wanted to do with his life until his 30s, and I mentioned that I knew I was going to go to law school by the time I was 11. And he says, "Well, when I was 11, I wanted to be a toll booth collector, but then I realized I wasn't black."

Um...WHAT?

How the hell do you handle that? I just kinda fake laughed and started moving in another direction...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #3518
Logan
Head Coach

Jon, I'd guess that was an attempt at racism, but was actually stereotyping.

Last edited by Logan : 03-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #3519
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Could have been, just seemed harsh to assume the former absent any other contextual clues (which ksyrup may have had). Hell, I'm just happy to see that someone got the point I was getting at.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #3520
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't recall specifically, but I think he was from Illinois.

Whatever the intent, it was inappropriate and uncomfortable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #3521
JediKooter
Coordinator

I've got a fever for more cow bell...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #3522
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What if he says "I wanted to play in the NBA, but then I realized I wasn't black". Is that more or less racist/stereotypical/whatever. Still inappropriate though.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #3523
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What if he says "I wanted to play in the NBA, but then I realized I wasn't black". Is that more or less racist/stereotypical/whatever. Still inappropriate though.

Funny you mention this since it was the same alternate venue I thought about. But is that honestly anything more than a "white men can't jump" joke?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #3524
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:

Just to be safe we better call it racist.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #3525
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I saw a guy on the street today with a t-shirt that said "America's Full"

I was sooo tempted to tell him what it's full of.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #3526
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't recall specifically, but I think he was from Illinois.

Whatever the intent, it was inappropriate and uncomfortable.

Yeah, uncomfortable for sure, especially when other people hear it and see you with the guy. I hate being in those situations. I seem to be a magnet for these type of people at grocery stores, they just up and start talking to me about politics. I must have some KICK ME sign on my back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #3527
JediKooter
Coordinator

Solicitors in front of stores: No, even if I agree with what your pushing, I do not want to sign your shit on the clipboard. I'm here to shop, not save the walleyed, bowlegged shrub sloth.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #3528
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Didn't see this when it was posted.

It's like he's in some sort of cosmic contest to be the biggest dick to have ever lived. Fucking die already, shit. I mean, as a Clippers fan and a hopefully decent human being, I have always backed off wanting to see the guy pass on, because that's fucked up. But seriously, at this point, what does this guy bring to this planet that it needs? Unbelievable.

BTW, I already liked the other players, but big thumbs up to Brand, whom I have shit on since he left the Clips. I know he's always deserved better and was very good (when healthy) for the Clips, but the way he left the club still leaves a bad taste... Still, very nice to see he was involved in this.

FTR, Kim Hughes was always an assistant with the Clips before his brief tenure as interim head coach last year, and he was certainly just an assistant seven years ago when this happened. While I am sure by normal standards, he was making a comfortable living at the time, it probably wasn't anywhere near so much you would think he could just run off 70 grand.

By all accounts, Hughes is one of the really good guys in basketball, BTW. Never heard a bad thing about him. When he was let go last season at the end of the year, in typical Sterling fashion, the Clips more or less notified him of his firing with a form letter and a press release; not sure which he saw first. And DTS probably "Al Davis'd" him, like he did Dunleavy and Elgin Baylor, refusing to pay out their remaining contracts. Hughes deserved tons better.

The Shit Donald serves no purpose here anymore. I wish the NBA would step in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-19-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #3529
RainMaker
General Manager

I will never understand why Stern doesn't force him out. For the tough stances he has taken, and for how much he cares about the league's image, he lets this shitbag run amok.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #3530
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I just read that story about Kim Hughes a couple nights ago when looking up Kim Hughes after hiring him to be an assistant coach on DDSPB2 (I do a little real life research, just to know.) I didn't realize the story just came out... thought it was old news. Any thoughts I had that Sterling was overrated as an ass was erased. Fuck him.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #3531
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Whilst groggily watching morning TV in my underwears, I found this apparent 30-second remake of Terrence Malick's 'Days of Heaven', in the form of an ad for frozen shrimp, to be kinda odd:

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #3532
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I asked a business related question to our business analyst today and they referred me to Wikipedia.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #3533
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I've heard of that.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #3534
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Yeah, uncomfortable for sure, especially when other people hear it and see you with the guy. I hate being in those situations. I seem to be a magnet for these type of people at grocery stores, they just up and start talking to me about politics. I must have some KICK ME sign on my back.

Some fuckstick next to me at the gas pump starts raging about how Obama is hell bent on forcing the price of gas up for some nefarious purpose. I must attract insanity......dumb shit like this happens all the time.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #3535
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Part of me wants to start a food related blog for when and where I travel the other part of me says hell no.....right now, Hell No is winning....
Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #3536
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I asked a business related question to our business analyst today and they referred me to Wikipedia.
I'm a business analyst, and I never thought of doing that. I will try it. Thanks, buddy.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #3537
StLee
High School Varsity

The cherry blossoms are about to bloom.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #3538
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
The cherry blossoms are about to bloom.

It was the most gorgeous time of the year in DC when I went. It just gave a surreal quality to everything, particularly on a cloudy day

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #3539
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Some fuckstick next to me at the gas pump starts raging about how Obama is hell bent on forcing the price of gas up for some nefarious purpose. I must attract insanity......dumb shit like this happens all the time.

This must be something that Beck or Rushbo or someone of their ilk is spreading around. My cousin keeps posting the EXACT same thing on his Facebook. A key that I've always found with conspiracies that are bullshit are: They never say exactly the 'Why' they are doing it. It's like those late night infomercials that want you to set up a website to sell stuff...they never tell you what the fuck they are selling.

Last edited by JediKooter : 03-22-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #3540
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
This must be something that Beck or Rushbo or someone of their ilk is spreading around. My cousin keeps posting the EXACT same thing on his Facebook. A key that I've always found with conspiracies that are bullshit are: They never say exactly the 'Why' they are doing it. It's like those late night infomercials that want you to set up a website to sell stuff...they never tell you what the fuck they are selling.

I thought Bush was still driving the gas prices up from his secret lair.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #3541
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I thought Bush was still driving the gas prices up from his secret lair.

It's an underground secret lair.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #3542
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's an underground secret lair.

Shit, that makes total sense. I can't believe I assumed he had a sky lair ... derrrr ... especially from all the fallout from the nuclear disaster he caused in Japan.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #3543
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer