Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2024, 07:09 AM   #3601
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Without exaggeration, I know people who want to abolish the military who still have more respect for members of the military than MAGA.

The GOP needs to destroy this cancer and get us back to having a non-embarrassing conservative party.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 07:27 AM   #3602
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I was today years old when I realized it was illegal to use Arlington National Cemetery (or any National Cemetery) photo ops for political purposes. I guess I just feel like I’ve seen them before but then again maybe my mind is remembering things that didn’t actually happen.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 08:25 AM   #3603
Jas_lov
College Starter

I wonder if it was just the section they were in where photos weren't allowed. The whole thing seems strange. Calling an Arlington official "mentally ill" isn't a good look, especially if he was a veteran.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 08:54 AM   #3604
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it covers the entire cemetery, but the Iraq/Afghanistan section is specifically political purposes free. I don't know when that law was passed.
Old 08-28-2024, 10:24 AM   #3605
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I know the President or other officials will go and lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on veteran holidays. Other than that, I don't remember any photo ops in the actual cemetery.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 10:32 AM   #3606
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is giving a thumbs up while standing over the grave of a fallen soldier considered a political move?

Between this and the Medal of Honor stuff it’s amazing anyone who serves supports him.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 10:53 AM   #3607
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I don't think it covers the entire cemetery, but the Iraq/Afghanistan section is specifically political purposes free. I don't know when that law was passed.

And, of course the only reason he was in that section was because he wanted to make a political statement.
Old 08-28-2024, 11:36 AM   #3608
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is giving a thumbs up while standing over the grave of a fallen soldier considered a political move?

The photos have apparently already been used in fundraising, which is strictly illegal. Of course we seem to have an aversion towards holding the orange one accountable for his actions.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 12:00 PM   #3609
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
The photos have apparently already been used in fundraising, which is strictly illegal. Of course we seem to have an aversion towards holding the orange one accountable for his actions.

The more that comes out about this the worse it gets. Of course you have to take everything with a grain of salt, but apparently this wasn't an official event but organized by 2 of the families. They also included in the pics the grave of a soldier who's family isn't involved in it. Apparently there is actually an official Arlington photographer so that this stuff doesn't happen and when they tried to prevent it they were assaulted. Then of course the right wing media runs with it as an event Biden sat out.
Old 08-28-2024, 12:06 PM   #3610
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Between this and the Medal of Honor stuff it’s amazing anyone who serves supports him.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 12:29 PM   #3611
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
The more that comes out about this the worse it gets. Of course you have to take everything with a grain of salt, but apparently this wasn't an official event but organized by 2 of the families. They also included in the pics the grave of a soldier who's family isn't involved in it. Apparently there is actually an official Arlington photographer so that this stuff doesn't happen and when they tried to prevent it they were assaulted. Then of course the right wing media runs with it as an event Biden sat out.

"In a statement to NPR, Steven Cheung, the Trump campaign's spokesman, strongly rejected the notion of a physical altercation, adding: "We are prepared to release footage if such defamatory claims are made.

"The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and for whatever reason an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode, decided to physically block members of President Trump's team during a very solemn ceremony," Cheung said in the statement."

clearly suffering from a mental health episode
Old 08-28-2024, 12:47 PM   #3612
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Steven Cheung is a world-class asshole. Every one of his press releases is offensive. If you want a real laugh go look up his photo.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 12:48 PM   #3613
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They are all such bottom feeding pond scum. Looks like a congressman is calling for an official investigation. Of course nothing will happen.
Old 08-28-2024, 01:34 PM   #3614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesse Waters should be fired.
Old 08-28-2024, 01:40 PM   #3615
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Jesse Waters should be fired.

Out of a canon.
Old 08-28-2024, 01:44 PM   #3616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Out of a canon.

And in to the sun.
Old 08-28-2024, 01:45 PM   #3617
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Out of a canon.

...into the Sun

ETA Damn you Lathum

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-28-2024 at 01:45 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 03:10 PM   #3618
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
so Trump is saying that Zucc admits to White House pressure to downplay the Hunter laptop story in 2020 proved ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!!

Who is going to tell him who controlled the White House in 2020?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 03:49 PM   #3619
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Just to clarify, it is illegal to campaign anywhere in Arlington, not just in section 60.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 04:14 PM   #3620
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It seems like it doesn't apply to them as they did what they wanted and there will be no consequences.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 05:04 PM   #3621
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It seems like it doesn't apply to them as they did what they wanted and there will be no consequences.

Story of Trump's life. Nothing applies to him and he just does whatever he wants with no consequences. Even if that something is, in this case, desecrating a national cemetery.

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-28-2024 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2024, 05:14 PM   #3622
Danny
Head Coach

In fairness to Trump, he has gotten away with anything and everything so why would he stop now.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 05:31 PM   #3623
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Most of the time Trump feels like he has some kind of special status that makes him exempt to laws for the common man, but this case was explicitly specific to campaigning politicians, but he's still going to get yet another freebie?? Ridiculous.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-28-2024 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2024, 05:50 PM   #3624
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Good lord Rs picked some shitty candidates.

Old 08-28-2024, 07:23 PM   #3625
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 07:26 PM   #3626
bronconick
College Starter

It's been a tradition of theirs to pick a few trash Senate candidates back to 2012 with Mourdock, Akin, Roy Moore, etc. Of course, the Dems decided to return the favor thanks to Cal Cunningham not keeping his dick in his pants.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 04:50 AM   #3627
Edward64
Head Coach

Lots of insights in the foxnews poll of AZ, GA, NV and NC.

Kamala lead by 1-2 pts in AZ, GA, NV and Trump by 1pt in NC. Some nice graphics in article.

Fox News Poll: Harris closes gap with Trump in Sun Belt states | Fox News

Economy is by far the #1 issue at 41%.
Quote:
Economy - 41%
Immigration - 14%
Abortion - 13%
Health Care - 8%
Election Integrity - 7%
Climate Change - 4%
Foreign Policy - 3%
Guns - 3%
Crime - 2%
Kamala leads in Healthcare, Abortion. Trump leads in Immigration, Economy and Israel-Hamas war.

Demographics
Quote:
Harris receives 79% support among Black voters, 56% among Hispanics, 55% among those under age 30 and 51% among voters ages 65 and over.
Quote:
There is a 22-point gender gap, as women prefer Harris by 11 points and men back Trump by 11.
Quote:
Trump is carrying 65% of Whites without a college degree, 60% of rural voters and 42% of Hispanics — about the same as in 2020. He’s at 77% among White evangelical Christians, down from 83%. Yet his support among Black voters has nearly tripled, from 7% to 19%.
Quote:
Democrats are a touch more likely to back Harris (96%) than Republicans are to support Trump (94%), while independents favor Harris by 6 points.
Quote:
When third-party candidates Chase Oliver, Jill Stein and Cornel West are included in the voter preference, Harris keeps her 1-point edge over Trump, 48%-47%. Notably, three out of four voters with a favorable view of Kennedy back Trump.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-29-2024 at 04:52 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 06:51 AM   #3628
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Arlington story is the perfect Trump story.

(1) Trump supporters will say that the families gave him permission to be there and that the media is unfairly attacking him. No minds will change.

(2) Harris supporters will say that Trump was breaking the law and about 10 different social norms. No minds will change.

(3) The low-information voters in Pennsylvania who will actually decide the election won't hear about it at all.
Old 08-29-2024, 06:55 AM   #3629
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Good lord Rs picked some shitty candidates.

Old 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #3630
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

According to Nate Silver, if Harris can win NC she has a 97% chance of winning the EC.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 09:35 AM   #3631
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It’s hard to see a world where she wins NC and loses GA.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:46 AM   #3632
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Arlington story is a perfect example of how the playing field is tilted towards Trump. The exact same series of events would literally end the campaign of Harris, but with Trump the media mostly just shrugs and says, yeah, sounds like him.
Old 08-29-2024, 10:07 AM   #3633
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Arlington story is a perfect example of how the playing field is tilted towards Trump. The exact same series of events would literally end the campaign of Harris, but with Trump the media mostly just shrugs and says, yeah, sounds like him.

I don't even think it's the media's fault as much as GOP voters don't care and dems and dem leaning voters usually look for reasons not to vote for their candidate.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 10:15 AM   #3634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He could whip out his tiny mushroom dick and piss on a soldiers grave and the GOP would praise him for watering the grass...
Old 08-29-2024, 10:34 AM   #3635
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I mean, he's as much a Pennsylvanian as Dr. Oz was in 2022 so it's not surprising he's only off by a thousand miles.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 12:06 PM   #3636
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It’s hard to see a world where she wins NC and loses GA.

I just listened to an interview between James Carville and Jennifer Rubin and the first thing he said when she asked what he thought might happen in the election was that he thought Harris would run 1-2% higher in North Carolina than Georgia. I have read that the governor's race and the difference in the make up of black, white, and Hispanic voters are thought to be factors.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 12:07 PM   #3637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I just listened to an interview between James Carville and Jennifer Rubin and the first thing he said when she asked what he thought might happen in the election was that he thought Harris would run 1-2% higher in North Carolina than Georgia. I have read that the governor's race and the difference in the make up of black, white, and Hispanic voters are thought to be factors.

I think people are underestimating just how much Robinson will drag the ticket down. Dude is legit crazy
Old 08-29-2024, 12:13 PM   #3638
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think people also sort of forget how much energy there was around the two GA senate races in 2020. Warnock, in particular, seemed to energize and motivate the GOTV in '20 and '22. Even though it is certainly in swing territory, it's probably not as purple as dems would like to think.

Carville also said he thinks that Florida is probably more in play than people think. There are votes on legalizing marijuana and abortion rights on the ballot this November there that he thinks might drive up the vote and bring out some non-traditional voters.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 12:15 PM   #3639
cuervo72
Head Coach

Old 08-29-2024, 12:21 PM   #3640
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

“Mr. Trump, we need to do something to counteract the accusations that you are weird.“

“What if I got in a fight with a cemetery?“

“I don’t know if I quite understand, sir. Do you mean get into a fight in a cemetery?“

“No! I am going to get into a fight with a cemetery!”

“Brilliant idea, sir!“
Old 08-29-2024, 02:39 PM   #3641
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He could whip out his tiny mushroom dick and piss on a soldiers grave and the GOP would praise him for watering the grass...

Exclusive! PRESIDENT TRUMP puts out fire at cemetery!
Old 08-29-2024, 03:51 PM   #3642
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

lmao

Kamala Harris Says She Would Appoint A Republican To Her Cabinet | HuffPost Latest News
Old 08-29-2024, 04:07 PM   #3643
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
one of Trump's campaign managers posted vids from Arlington and said he hoped it triggered the hacks in the Army
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 04:14 PM   #3644
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump is busy desecrating Arlington why ignoring explicit orders from the DOD, meanwhile MAGA trying to make proving Kamala didn't work at McDonalds a thing.

This is why people think they are weird and it reeks of desperation.
Old 08-29-2024, 04:29 PM   #3645
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'll go further and give a cabinet post to every GOP senator in a state with a Dem governor.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:34 PM   #3646
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
one of Trump's campaign managers posted vids from Arlington and said he hoped it triggered the hacks in the Army

That has to be Steven Cheung again. If Trump wins I at least hope he appoints Steven Cheung to press secretary, for the chaos.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:38 PM   #3647
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I guess it was LaCivita. I didn't expect the architect of the Swift Boating & attacks on Walz' military service to directly insult the Army, but here we are.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-29-2024 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:44 PM   #3648
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone have a link to the video?
Old 08-29-2024, 06:18 PM   #3649
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I think people are underestimating just how much Robinson will drag the ticket down. Dude is legit crazy

NC is fine with ticket splitting. I think that Cooper outran Biden by, like, 5 points in 2020.
Old 08-29-2024, 06:33 PM   #3650
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like the Trump campaign strategy is to win Georgia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. With such disastrous candidates in Arizona and Nevada, they may be writing them off. And I just don't see how he gets Wisconsin or Minnesota barring some huge fuckup by Harris. Michigan is tricky for Harris but might not matter.

Georgia is such a clusterfuck with the new rules that I don't see them certifying a Harris win. Trump still has to be the favorite in North Carolina despite some good polls for Harris.

I think it'll all come down to Pennsylvania. Harris has to be the favorite considering how poorly Trump candidates have done at the state level.