Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #3601
Grover
Pro Starter

Paradox titles are the massive sale through Tuesday.

Looks like I'll be picking up Cities Skylines for $15.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #3602
Ramzavail
College Starter

It's worth it. It's worth $30 honestly.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #3603
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
It's worth it. It's worth $30 honestly.

Oh I know. I haven't had a city builder I really liked since Sim City 3000.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #3604
rjolley
College Starter

Does the sale include the DLC that was recently released?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #3605
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Why wait? I've been considering this although most user reviews on steam and metacritic talk about a lot of bugs and such.

Wait if you're a M&M vet I guess? I don't know too much about the series.. but lots of complaining from the hardcore M&M folks.

Don't want anyone mad at me.. but so far no bugaboos!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #3606
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Is there much point to the Cities Deluxe edition? I'm not sure 5 monuments would be all that exciting.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #3607
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone playing Thea: The Awakening via early access?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #3608
Groundhog
Coordinator

I've been playing Mordheim: City of the Damned on Early Access for awhile now. The latest update last week added progression for your warband, so now it actually feels like a 'game'. Still heavily unbalanced and the difficulty ramps up considerably after your first skirmish... hell, I usually get crushed in my first skirmish.

I never played the tabletop version, but it's got some great features that may also have been there in tabletop - injuries that leave your men maimed - peg legs, eye patches, etc. - and random chaos mutations that turn your cultists into living weapons.

I would love to see these guys tackle Necromunda.

Last edited by Groundhog : 10-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #3609
tarcone
Coordinator

I picked up Victoria 2.
It's a fun game. But I'm learning it. I'm not sure I've grasped it yet. I'm playing as Texas. But I can't do much. Can't build an army.
I'm building an economy. And trying to become allies with the U.K. So I can attack Mexico.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #3610
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I played a lot of Vicky 2. And I'm still not entirely sure I grasp that byzantine industrial system.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #3611
tarcone
Coordinator

Yeah. My people just started building an explosives factory. Not sure why or how.
I need to play a great power.
Reading the reviews on Steam, people said they were playing as Ireland. Not sure how they did that.
And no help menu is a bummer.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #3612
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Anyone playing Thea: The Awakening via early access?

no - but it really looks like an amazing game
Old 10-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #3613
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
no - but it really looks like an amazing game

The LP's I've watched made me grab it while it was 10% off. I hope to dive into it this weekend.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #3614
mckerney
Coordinator

Almost done downloading Transformers: Devastation. Can't wait for more Platinum Games action. What I've seen of the game looks awesome.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-06-2015 at 05:42 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #3615
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Another sad statement on H_B's Steam library.

I go to the Steam store and see that Prison Architect is finally out of early access.

I click the store page and ask myself, "Huh, I wonder how much it costs..."

It's already in my Steam library.

This happens. A lot.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #3616
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have had a similar experience with other games. Looking through the specials and see that "in library" tag and think "Really? When did I get that?"
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #3617
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Have had a similar experience with other games. Looking through the specials and see that "in library" tag and think "Really? When did I get that?"

Me too.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #3618
Critch
lolzcat

Enjoyed The Silent Age, a point-and-click adventure where you try to help a time-traveling janitor from the 70s save the world. Not the longest game and not the most difficult adventure, but entertained me for 1.5 evenings and only cost $2.49

Last edited by Critch : 10-07-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #3619
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Almost done downloading Transformers: Devastation. Can't wait for more Platinum Games action. What I've seen of the game looks awesome.

What the hell? That looks exactly like City of Heroes except with robots. The streets, buildings, bridge, backgrounds and powers are a pretty much an exact copy!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #3620
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
What the hell? That looks exactly like City of Heroes except with robots. The streets, buildings, bridge, backgrounds and powers are a pretty much an exact copy!

Wow. You are 100% right. This is crazy.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #3621
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Invisible Inc is on for I'm guessing 10 dollars right now (whatever the hell 13.19 CDN is). It's a great game. Think XCOM but with more stealth and less shooting things. Takes a little bit to get good but is a lot of fun.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #3622
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Invisible Inc is on for I'm guessing 10 dollars right now (whatever the hell 13.19 CDN is). It's a great game. Think XCOM but with more stealth and less shooting things. Takes a little bit to get good but is a lot of fun.

It's a great game for sure!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #3623
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tots worth $10. Pretty much anything by that indie developer comes back quality.

EDIT - Seriously. If you go to the Invisible Inc or Don;t Starve, and click on the dev (Klei) and look over their games, you will see great side scrollers and platformers, good stealth stuff, and so forth. Anything Klei touches is auto-gold, and they are almost at a point where I'm at auto-buy mode with them these days. Almost.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #3624
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Tots worth $10. Pretty much anything by that indie developer comes back quality.

EDIT - Seriously. If you go to the Invisible Inc or Don;t Starve, and click on the dev (Klei) and look over their games, you will see great side scrollers and platformers, good stealth stuff, and so forth. Anything Klei touches is auto-gold, and they are almost at a point where I'm at auto-buy mode with them these days. Almost.

I am so bad at Don't Starve

Old 10-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #3625
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Just got my Steam Link and Steam Controller in the mail. I had pre-ordered them when they were first announced.

Now they are giving out Rocket League and Portal 2 with pre-orders. I just checked and both were in my inventory. Sweet.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #3626
mckerney
Coordinator

My Steam Controller is being delivered today as well. Plan on trying it out with a few different types of games, but I also have Yoshi's Woolly World coming today too and it remains to be seen which one will get more of my time tonight.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #3627
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Very interested in people's thoughts on the Steam Controller.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #3628
Grover
Pro Starter

One Week With The Steam Controller

Old 10-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #3629
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for link, that's kind of how I thought it would go. My gaming PC is hooked up to my TV in the living room. No desk. Any way I can limit the need for mouse and keyboard is great.

Curious to see if after early learning curve and pains people start getting used to it. Loved that it was working for Civ before his thumb started hurting.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-16-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #3630
Ramzavail
College Starter

I can give my opinion next week as well. My link and controller is sitting at my back door right now.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #3631
djsatu
High School Varsity

Anyone played Metro 2033 Redux? Looks cool and has great reviews, but anyone have first hand impressions?
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #3632
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
Anyone played Metro 2033 Redux? Looks cool and has great reviews, but anyone have first hand impressions?
I got this long time ago and found out it does the checkpoint system. I flippin hate that. I want quick save.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #3633
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Not just a checkpoint system, if only it was. A timed saved system with only 1 save. Save in a bad spot, restart the level. Mismanage the horrible gas mask mechanic, restart the level.

Its an OK game, but there are a lot of fundamentally idiotic design decisions that can be infuriating.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-16-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #3634
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

My Steam controller is supposed to get delivered on Monday. Not sure I'll get the free games, though, since in Canada we had to order through EBGames and not directly through Steam.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #3635
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Anyone else having issues buying games on Steam?

I keep getting this error message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 10-18-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #3636
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I use this website when I have problems.

https://steamstat.us/

According to that the Steam Store and Community are down.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #3637
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Steam controller and Link came this week. The controller I would give a B+. The standard analog stick and buttons are fine, though their position isn't ideal. I'll get used to it quickly though and it will be fine. I haven't found a really good use for the haptic pad things yet, but they show promise. Overall I'm happy enough with the controller though I'm not sure I could recommend it over a standard XBox controller.

The Link was a write off. I wanted to use it wirelessly but it was basically unplayable for anything but turn-based games like Civ. I wired it up to my router, leaving my computer still over wireless, and that improved things but it still wasn't perfect. I returned it two days after it arrived.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #3638
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Steam controller and Link came this week. The controller I would give a B+. The standard analog stick and buttons are fine, though their position isn't ideal. I'll get used to it quickly though and it will be fine. I haven't found a really good use for the haptic pad things yet, but they show promise. Overall I'm happy enough with the controller though I'm not sure I could recommend it over a standard XBox controller.

I've found the touch pads work phenomenally when being used as trackball emulation on the right pad. It's easily the best controller for first person shooters, though I'll still stick to mouse and keyboard for them. Some third person action games like Dark Souls II work really well with a trackball as well. I still haven't gotten comfortable using thumbstick emulation on the right pad yet, though I have been paying attention to people who are working on settings for it. The settings on customizing the touchpads are quite daunting too, so it's probably going to take some time. For now I'm going to stick with an XBox controller for games that rely on them though as my experience with Transformers: Devestation using the Steam Controller.

The two biggest positives I have are the grip buttons and being able to use it for mouse based games. Hopefully grip buttons become commonplace on controllers in the future, I've been playing Rocket League with Boost and Jump on the grips and I love being able to use them while still being able to make adjustments to the camera if I need to. With the mouse emulation I've been using it for web browsing and playing Star Realms and other turn while lounging, which has probably been most of my use with it so far.

A couple things I've read about people doing that are interesting is using the left trigger soft pull to aim down sites in shooters with a full pull being aim down sights but lowering aim sensitivity. Also read people raving about the gyro controls for aiming, though haven't tried them since I was never a big fan of it on the Wii U gamepad.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #3639
MikeVic
Head Coach

So unbelievably this is my first run-in with the Steam cloud stuff involving save games files and not just game licenses... I reinstalled Rogue Legacy after a format for a few months ago, and was looking to continue where I left off... only to find that I was starting all over. Some quick Googling revealed that Rogue Legacy was not a game that utilized the cloud for save game files.

In the past, I used to backup my save games folder before a format but stopped doing that once the majority of games I played became available on Steam. Is it just me that expected the cloud to be used once a game is being sold through Steam? Kind of disappointing that I have to Google the game to figure it out.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #3640
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think the majority of games I play do not support Steam Cloud. For a good amount of them its an option that's disabled by default.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-02-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #3641
Ramzavail
College Starter

3 big sales today - on the verge of buying. Kyn, Guild of Dungeoneering, Bedlam Deluxe - any thoughts of these games?

$24.99
$6.24

Kyn Deluxe Edition

$22.99
$13.79

Guild of Dungeoneering Deluxe Edition

$24.99
$12.49

Skyshine's Bedlam Deluxe
Old 11-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #3642
Groundhog
Coordinator

Guild of Dungeoneering was fun for a while, but got stale after a few hours. I would have preferred it if your little minions had some form of progression that carried over between trips to the dungeons.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #3643
Thomkal
Head Coach

I too liked Guild of Dungeoneering-haven't played it a while though.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #3644
MrBug708
Head Coach

Does anyone else have a super buggy OOTP16 via Steam?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #3645
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

mine only crashed twice - but those two times were when attempting to play for the first time. after that it ran fine. also, you need to disable the Ctrl-Shift overlay in steam too.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #3646
tarcone
Coordinator

Anyone having trouble launching games? Im trying to play Civ 5 and its stuck on the preparing to launch screen.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #3647
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I was playing earlier today and it was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Anyone having trouble launching games? Im trying to play Civ 5 and its stuck on the preparing to launch screen.

I was also playing this earlier today and it was fine.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #3648
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
mine only crashed twice - but those two times were when attempting to play for the first time. after that it ran fine. also, you need to disable the Ctrl-Shift overlay in steam too.

No crashes, the video screen just sort of timed out and I got a white screen.

I did have a couple of ctrl-shift issues though and turned that off
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #3649
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Did anyone else see the Steam ad for Dragon Quest Heroes?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 11-12-2015 at 05:27 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #3650
mckerney
Coordinator

Didn't see it myself but saw a thread on NeoGAF about it.

Still no store page up for it though, but continuing to see Japanese games making their way to Steam is a great thing.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-12-2015 at 05:33 PM.