Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #3651
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Anyone having trouble launching games? Im trying to play Civ 5 and its stuck on the preparing to launch screen.

this happens to me fairly often and I find a lot of time it's because there's a steam update waiting to install. when it hangs like this, I will restart steam and more often than not there's a quick update installation. once I get back in, I'm usually good to go
Old 11-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #3652
mckerney
Coordinator

Disgaea PC on Steam

Awwww yes. The JRPG to PC train keeps on rolling.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #3653
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've always wanted to give that series a shot. I'm looking forward to that!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #3654
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Disgaea PC on Steam

Awwww yes. The JRPG to PC train keeps on rolling.

I tried to get into the PS3 version of one of those games, but it kept wanting to download a 2 GB update that basically contained DLC that I had no plans on purchasing.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #3655
PilotMan
Head Coach

Boooo. I actually liked the insanity of it.

Steam's Autumn and Holiday sales will ditch daily deals and flash sales - PC Gamer

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #3656
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I agree, I always liked seeing what the new flash sales were.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:56 PM   #3657
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Now why would I need to log in every day and spend $10 when I can log in once and spend $20? I'm 100% sure that I'll spend LESS money this way.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #3658
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Now why would I need to log in every day and spend $10 when I can log in once and spend $20? I'm 100% sure that I'll spend LESS money this way.
I agree. I'm guessing the discounts won't get as deep and so I will spend less overall because the value proposition won't cause me to impulse buy.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #3659
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I took it as them wanting their best deals to last the week due to all the competition that's come up in the last couple years. I know I look elsewhere for sales on games significantly more than I did just a couple years ago. Especially since most of them still activate on Steam. Cheaper price same result.

I don't know how limiting the deals makes any sense.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #3660
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I won't miss the Flash sales, but I will miss the daily deals. I don't see myself impulse buying as much now, because I'll have all the information at my fingertips on day 1, and then a week or more to really consider it.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #3661
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

The steam sale is a little underwhelming without the flash sales. I do see Draft day sports College basketball 3 is on sale for 9 bucks. Is it worth it at this price? A good game? I'm a pretty big fastbreak college basketball fan.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #3662
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Been playing this game for awhile and I finally beat it. An extra difficult platformer with a twist. Definitely worth a dollar.

Save 75% on VVVVVV on Steam
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #3663
PilotMan
Head Coach

Nice Job!

I'm still stuck on it. Not sure I can go any further with it. You're right, it's a fun little game.

Like Steam?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #3664
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Don't Starve Shipwrecked on Alpha over at Steam.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #3665
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

abe is don't starve any good? Have been tempted to get it multiple times
Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #3666
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think it's one of the best designed and interesting and stressful and fun indy games in the last few years.

Here, let's go over why:

1). It's extremely detailed, with a ton of animals, plants, food sources, and most importantly, things that want to kill you. The ecology far exceeds anything you'd see in a lot of games.

2). The game mechanics are easy to figure out but very difficult to master. and you never really master. Expect to die early and often.

3). Did you ever play a game like Angband and then as you are playing, and you think you know everything, you suddenly encounter something brand new? A new item, a new creature a new type of land? Same here.

4). Don't starve is very smooth, and very flavorful. Oozes flavor massively.

5). If you can find it, you can unlock a campaign mode with increasingly difficult campaigns.

6). You have caves, an underworld, and more to explore if you want. Or you can just skip by it.

7). Lots of patches are released, adding game content for free. Great mods for the game too.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #3667
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Nice Job!

I'm still stuck on it. Not sure I can go any further with it. You're right, it's a fun little game.

and I only found 13 of 20 trinkets...

The Gravitron and tower were oh so ballbustingly hard

i put it down for months. then recently got back to it. like all platformers, some nights you die repeatedly quickly. put it down then. other nights you are IN THE ZONE!!!!!! Play til you complete a level on those nights

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-08-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #3668
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

other indie games I highly recommend...
Limbo - gorgeous moody puzzle platformer.
The Ship - muliplayer frag game where you have a target and are someone else's target in the era of the titannic. your weapons are things you find on the ship
Sir YOu Are HUnted - you are on an island being hunted by robots dressed as british foxhunters. RUN!!!!!!! multiplayer is especially fun especially ganging up on the bots
Old 12-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #3669
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Anyone play Eliteangerous? Looks like they're adding the capability to land on planets on the 15th. Looks so pretty, but I'm not sure if I'll be bored within minutes.

https://youtu.be/B4sAe16UTDg
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #3670
PilotMan
Head Coach

Grey Dog and Adam Ryland's Wrestling Spirit 3 is now on Steam and on sale for $15.99.

Like Steam?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #3671
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grey Dog added The Greatest Cape to Steam today. I started it, and created a character for it, and was going to make a dynasty for it here, and I loved the backstory, but I didn't get it past the initial stage. I should post it sometime to see what y'all think, since I invested teh work.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-09-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #3672
PilotMan
Head Coach

The sale started today and wow did they ever suck all the fun out of it.

Like Steam?

Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #3673
bronconick
College Starter

Yep. Picked up the couple of things I was waiting for and I'm done.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #3674
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished up Life is Strange(picked up during Thanksgiving). Jesus, what an experience that game was. It starts out rather slow and you wonder where it's all leading, but the last couple episodes are phenomenal. The final one was absolutely amazing, I don't know how they pulled off what they were going for, but they did. It hits on all cylinders.

Definitely a Telltale style adventure game, so use that as a guide for if you'd like it or not. I think it easily tops any Telltale game, but the base gameplay mechanics are identical.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #3675
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Just finished up Life is Strange(picked up during Thanksgiving). Jesus, what an experience that game was. It starts out rather slow and you wonder where it's all leading, but the last couple episodes are phenomenal. The final one was absolutely amazing, I don't know how they pulled off what they were going for, but they did. It hits on all cylinders.

Definitely a Telltale style adventure game, so use that as a guide for if you'd like it or not. I think it easily tops any Telltale game, but the base gameplay mechanics are identical.

Probably one of my top 3 games this year.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #3676
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Bought Beseige, Don't Starve, and The Escapists (for my son). Still thinking about Cities Skylines.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #3677
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The sale started today and wow did they ever suck all the fun out of it.

They sure did, what a disappointment. Hopefully sales will reflect it and they'll rethink things for next year.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #3678
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I can't make heads or tales of what's for sale or find the stuff I want to buy. Really annoying, because I was a big purchaser during the sale periods. Checked back every day. Now, I'm not sure I even care.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #3679
Thomkal
Head Coach

Witcher 1 for $1.99 and Pillars of Eternity for 60% off.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #3680
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I didn't know if I should start a new thread but...has anyone else noticed that if you click on your Steam user name on the right side of the title bar of the Steam app, and then click account details, you get someone else's account info? I am looking at someone's Steam wallet, purchase history, contact info... I can't get to my own info -- it's as if the accounts get mixed up although my games library is accurate.

Other weird things are happening too -- no wishlist, no cart. I went to Big Picture mode, and then exited, and suddenly the language changed to Spanish.

Clearly something's wrong and just wondering if it's my account/computer or if others are having similar issues.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #3681
mckerney
Coordinator

Is something wrong with Steam? (Warning: Security Issues) [Don't post usernames] - NeoGAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief.exe
What we know so far

• Most likely an error in the way Steam caches pages.
  • People are able to access random Steam profiles and see compromising information, account names, emails, last 2 digits of credit card, paypal email address, purchases, etc.
  • No changes can be made to the effected account, no purchases can be made. Any evidence to the contrary is, as of yet, unsubstantiated.
  • It's been advised to not access Steam URLs, including the client, until we have more information.
  • Do not post account names you see, huge security risk.
  • Do not log into Steam to unlink your Paypal. If you feel the need, can be done from the actual Paypal website.
  • Reminder: Steamdb is not affiliated with Valve in any way.

I'll update this post with more information going forward.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #3682
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

FWIW, right now I can't seem to be able to log into my account... Click login, enter in my account info, it waits a little then comes back to the main screen but no account info visible and still a "login" link at the top...

FM
Old 12-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #3683
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah.. Steam is jacked up.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #3684
Thomkal
Head Coach

Steam Goes Nuts, Offers Access To Other People's Accounts [UPDATES]
Old 12-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #3685
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Apparently it's fixed now.. seems to be.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:39 PM   #3686
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Good, because I finally got around to buying Sunless Sea and am hoping to get a good run in with it tonight! (Tried it a little last night, and it's gonna take me a little getting used to the keyboard aspect. Although I think it's really having the 2 hands so close together that's bothering me, so maybe I'll just plug in a mouse for that game.)

I assume I'll also buy Dungeon of the Endless eventually. Idk if it's Steam or Paradox's fault, but I just get so annoyed any time I buy a Paradox title trying to figure out exactly what's in which version that I go through with less than 50% of my intended transactions with them

100% agreed on the lack of interest in the sale. This new way I just typed in the name of the few games I was targeting, and bought them or didn't. The old way I'd scroll through the whole list and at least look at, if not outright impulse buy, new games I'd never heard of. Even if I "missed" a flash sale if people were talking about one I'd give it a look see and maybe add it to my wishlist or KAEO for it during the next sale. So it doesn't expose new games to me, and it goes on so long I *know* I will be able to buy almost any title on sale within the next 6 months, instead of the past where if I wanted a game I might just pay full price because there was a decent chance I'd miss it when it was on sale anyway.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-26-2015 at 10:13 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #3687
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Finally sales worth jumping on...

Don't Starve
Battlefront II
Garry's Mod
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #3688
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Picked up Concrete Jungle. Very fun puzzler/strategy game. Highly recommend.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #3689
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone having Steam issues? Can't seem to get to Inventory (or other profile related links). Tried community discussion and home links and getting same issue. Store is working just fine it seems.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #3690
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Finally sales worth jumping on...

Don't Starve
Battlefront II
Garry's Mod
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend

Didn't you enjoy Heavy Rain? You should check out the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy Remasted. The high points are the best of any David Cage game, but the lows are much, much stupider than anything else he's done (which is saying quite a bit for David Cage).
Old 12-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #3691
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Didn't you enjoy Heavy Rain? You should check out the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy Remasted. The high points are the best of any David Cage game, but the lows are much, much stupider than anything else he's done (which is saying quite a bit for David Cage).

oh yeah i heard about that game...but WHAT??? only 50% off??? what kind of communist pinko society game is this????
Old 12-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #3692
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Anyone having Steam issues? Can't seem to get to Inventory (or other profile related links). Tried community discussion and home links and getting same issue. Store is working just fine it seems.
Yeah, things weren't 100% for me earlier, but seems ok now.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #3693
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

could not access inventory either. Guess its related to the problems they have been having since yesterday,
Old 12-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #3694
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
oh yeah i heard about that game...but WHAT??? only 50% off??? what kind of communist pinko society game is this????

i take this back. If this were gaming in communism, we'd all get a small turn without getting to play the whole game.

It must be ultracapitalistic.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #3695
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*sigh*

and here I was going to stop steambuying and only do humblebundles...

Five Nights at Freddy's 3
The Bridge
Grim Fandango Remastered
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Mark of the Ninja
Goat Simulator
Old 12-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #3696
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Was given a $50 Steam Card for XMAS, so I bought:

FOF7
Five Nights at Freddy's
The Stanley Parable
Octodad
Back to the Future
Rocket League + Delorean DLC

That left me with .52 on my Steam card. Also, someone bought me Goat Simulator at a Secret Santa gathering and I bought Talos Principle for my girlfriend.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #3697
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My one steam sale purchase has been EP1 of Talos Principle since I like Telltale-style games. I also found a sale on FM16 that I bought which activated on steam.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:33 PM   #3698
Ramzavail
College Starter

yeah I missed the FM 16 sale, grr.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #3699
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Picked up Armello for my youngest son. Looking forward to seeing how it plays. My older son picked up Rainbow 6 Siege, Garry's Mod, and Mount and Blade Fire and Ice (?).
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #3700
PilotMan
Head Coach

I picked up a few games this season. I've been holding a bunch of games on my wishlist just for this sale. So the sale itself sucks, but I just couldn't hold back on these games anymore.

-Rocket League
-Darkest Dungeon
-Besiege
-Endless Legend Collection
-Life is Strange Complete
-Sunless Sea
-Metahuman Inc.

Like Steam?