Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #3701
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I don't think I really buy Nick Fury's story too much right now.. but I also find it irrelevant and a distraction from finding other rebels. We -know- posessed or not that Nick Fury is not a rebel. I think continuing the plan forward is the best, to continue to try to ensure his actions are used up appropriately and try to concentrate moreso on people who we don't know are loyalist.

Worst case scenerio, if Nick is telling the truth and the shadow king has posessed someone else, that player is still not a rebel. I think I will be a bit more concerned about Nick and the shadow king once we get a better grasp on the rebels. Until then we need to make sure Nick can't do more harm.

Right now he is just being a distraction.

Well I guess to clarify my thought here.. if the shadow king posesses a rebel, then they would still be a rebel, just a possessed rebel. What I mean is that I don't think the threat of a shadow king should deter us in a CoT for rebel or not. Worst case, if Nick is telling the truth, and the shadow king has possessed someone else, we know that doesn't convert them to being a rebel.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #3702
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
How do you know one of us isn't the Shadow King now? Do you trust the Shadow King?

I am sure one of you is the Shadow King now, but that is mostly irrelevant for the reasons stated by Mr. Fantastic. I don't trust the Shadow King, you are trying to put words into my mouth
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #3703
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
How do you know one of us isn't the Shadow King now? Do you trust the Shadow King?

This is what I'm really worried about. So we've got, among the remainder of us, the Shadow King, likely a possessed person, and two or three rebels, meaning we have at least five 'enemies' out of the few people we have left. I had originally wanted to kill Nick Fury for being the possessed but if the possession jumps again, it could destroy any COT we have. Although if he's being truthful and he's 'free', then we have the same problem.

We still have a rough road but I guess I'm starting to be more concerned with the Shadow King because of the unknown win condition. I've read the Wiki page and I can't really deduce any kind of win condition from it. At least we know that the rebels need to kill everybody. Don't misunderstand this as me giving the rebels a pass but I'm thinking this might be like Galactus, where the rebel side and our side will need to weed out this threat or we all risk losing here as well.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #3704
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well I guess to clarify my thought here.. if the shadow king posesses a rebel, then they would still be a rebel, just a possessed rebel. What I mean is that I don't think the threat of a shadow king should deter us in a CoT for rebel or not. Worst case, if Nick is telling the truth, and the shadow king has possessed someone else, we know that doesn't convert them to being a rebel.

How have I been a distraction? I've been posting about trying to find the rebels. The shadow king was not even part of the discussion until Mimic brought it up
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #3705
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
I am sure one of you is the Shadow King now, but that is mostly irrelevant for the reasons stated by Mr. Fantastic. I don't trust the Shadow King, you are trying to put words into my mouth

You're the one who put the Shadow King in your CoT. I did not say that.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #3706
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
How have I been a distraction? I've been posting about trying to find the rebels. The shadow king was not even part of the discussion until Mimic brought it up

Your entire presence here is a distraction. You are not a rebel, yet we don't trust you. We can't get rid of you because that could possibly make things worse.. so the best approach is to ignore you and try to occupy your actions elsewhere in a controlled environment.

You are basically marvel universe's version of a mother in law.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #3707
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Mimic, you yourself seem pretty intent on focusing everything on the Shadow King and trying to get rid of any credibility I may have.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #3708
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
You're the one who put the Shadow King in your CoT. I did not say that.

Where and when did I put the Shadow King in my CoT?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #3709
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
meh. I brought it up since the Kang situation seems cut and dried and I don't really believe you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
This is what I'm really worried about. So we've got, among the remainder of us, the Shadow King, likely a possessed person, and two or three rebels, meaning we have at least five 'enemies' out of the few people we have left. I had originally wanted to kill Nick Fury for being the possessed but if the possession jumps again, it could destroy any COT we have. Although if he's being truthful and he's 'free', then we have the same problem.

We still have a rough road but I guess I'm starting to be more concerned with the Shadow King because of the unknown win condition. I've read the Wiki page and I can't really deduce any kind of win condition from it. At least we know that the rebels need to kill everybody. Don't misunderstand this as me giving the rebels a pass but I'm thinking this might be like Galactus, where the rebel side and our side will need to weed out this threat or we all risk losing here as well.
Either way, Mr. F is right. It's best to leave the situation alone. He's not a rebel and once we get the rebels we can take care of the Fury situation.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #3710
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Your entire presence here is a distraction. You are not a rebel, yet we don't trust you. We can't get rid of you because that could possibly make things worse.. so the best approach is to ignore you and try to occupy your actions elsewhere in a controlled environment.

You are basically marvel universe's version of a mother in law.

Wow, I have never been frustrated like this in a werewolf game before. I lost my character for 5 days then when I get it back there really is no point in playing.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #3711
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ugh - kid situation has just been brutal this week with wife out of town. Going to get her again now, won't be back for awhile. I'll post results as quickly as I can upon my return.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #3712
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Where and when did I put the Shadow King in my CoT?
To answer your question, bolded.
Quote:
Mimic, that makes no sense. I've been vouching for the CoT of you, Mr. F and the Phoenix.

Quote:

Even if I read "one of you" as being one of the other players and not myself, Mr. F or the Phoenix at the minimum you potentially put the Shadow King in your CoT.

Anyhow, on another note if you are being truthful about losing your account for five days I feel badly for you and I can't believe the GMs would do this to you knowing the potential un-funness of the game.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #3713
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Wow, I have never been frustrated like this in a werewolf game before. I lost my character for 5 days then when I get it back there really is no point in playing.

Sorry.. you have the wrong superhero.. sympathy has never been one of my strong suits. The Thing (Ben Jacob Grimm) often would get upset at me for coming across a bit too cold and uncaring.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #3714
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ ooc - I'm here, I have 5 minutes to vote gimme a sec]
Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #3715
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

When I said you, I meant one of the players in the game, not you as in one of you three.

As to why I came out saying I was not the Shadow King. If you lost your character for 5 days, watched the game as you could do nothing, when you finally got the character back, wouldn't you want to clear your name of those days in which you were not in control. Perhaps it was not the smartest game play, but I really did not want to appear to be the shadow king when I was not.

And yes, it sucked for me, but is kind of an interesting game mechanic in itself.

Quote:
To answer your question, bolded.

Even if I read "one of you" as being one of the other players and not myself, Mr. F or the Phoenix at the minimum you potentially put the Shadow King in your CoT.

Anyhow, on another note if you are being truthful about losing your account for five days I feel badly for you and I can't believe the GMs would do this to you knowing the potential un-funness of the game.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #3716
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm sorry if this is ill considered I'll explain later.

ATTACK AARDWOLF STANDARD
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #3717
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER NICK FURY TO GUARD VISION
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #3718
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Mission participants: GhostRider, Colossus, Quicksilver, SilverSurfer, Aardwolf, Mimic, EmmaFrost

Results: failed to destroy statue, casualties sustained

Oh come on! This is easy! I don't know why I failed to see this!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #3719
Mimic
High School JV

Does anyone else see???
Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #3720
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
ORDER NICK FURY TO GUARD VISION

I participated in the mission earlier and thus can not guard you, Mr. Fantastic posted a list of people who are eligible to guard on the last page I believe.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #3721
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Does anyone else see???

I see everyone in there proven to be good except for Aardwolf and Ghostrider.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #3722
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I see everyone in there proven to be good except for Aardwolf and Ghostrider.

Exactly. The mission was a failure....so....
Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #3723
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ OOC - I apologize for being so late to the party. Work was insane, and I got on as quick as I could.

I scrolled quickly through the last two pages to try to pick up which way the wind is blowing, but mostly I just saw what appeared to be a pissing match between Nick Fury and Mimic, and maybe others. I would have voted Fury, but I saqw a comment somewhere in there about the making things worse (?), so went quickly with Aardwolf, whom i have been suspecting a bit for days.

As for the Guard order, I'd be more amused if I could honestly say I did it to spite Nick, but the truth is I saw Phoenix order herself a guard, and picked up that Nick was available (the fact that he specifically didn't want to guard me cracks me up, but that's not the reason).

Anyway, big apologies, I owe the game more effort, and I'll try to do better moving forward, I just thought when I left the house at 4:30am today I'd be back sooner!

NOTE I will miss deadline Thursday and Friday, but I intend to put an attack in early in the day before I go to work. Next week should be much better.

Thanks for putting up with the rambling explanation.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #3724
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
When I said you, I meant one of the players in the game, not you as in one of you three.

As to why I came out saying I was not the Shadow King. If you lost your character for 5 days, watched the game as you could do nothing, when you finally got the character back, wouldn't you want to clear your name of those days in which you were not in control. Perhaps it was not the smartest game play, but I really did not want to appear to be the shadow king when I was not.

And yes, it sucked for me, but is kind of an interesting game mechanic in itself.

(ooc) I also don't see how it matters to the rebels if I am the Shadow King or not, either way they want every non rebel dead. I wanted the trust of the village back. What fun is to play as a loyalist when everyone would simply discount every insight, attack or piece of information I gave because they thought I was the Shadow King. There would have been no enjoyment for me play whatsoever.

I still have my create ability left. I was going to use it to create a power to destroy the Shadow King. Since it seems I am not going to have a chance to get off a night action or possible two as it may require, going with this may not be the best ability.

Would it help if I created some ability to clear myself? Not sure if hoopsguy would go for this, but as I said, I really don't want to play this game if everything I say and do is going to be pointless because people believe I am the Shadow King.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #3725
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
(ooc) I also don't see how it matters to the rebels if I am the Shadow King or not, either way they want every non rebel dead. I wanted the trust of the village back. What fun is to play as a loyalist when everyone would simply discount every insight, attack or piece of information I gave because they thought I was the Shadow King. There would have been no enjoyment for me play whatsoever.

I still have my create ability left. I was going to use it to create a power to destroy the Shadow King. Since it seems I am not going to have a chance to get off a night action or possible two as it may require, going with this may not be the best ability.

Would it help if I created some ability to clear myself? Not sure if hoopsguy would go for this, but as I said, I really don't want to play this game if everything I say and do is going to be pointless because people believe I am the Shadow King.

OOC - Uh... that's part of the game?
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #3726
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I scrolled quickly through the last two pages to try to pick up which way the wind is blowing, but mostly I just saw what appeared to be a pissing match between Nick Fury and Mimic, and maybe others.
No worries. I think we're set on Kang today so I was just stirring the pot a little since I hadn't been on most of today due to work.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #3727
Mimic
High School JV

Rollin out. It's been fun.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #3728
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post

That's true, but I was already frustrated because of losing my character, so it added to it. I was excited to come back and have some fun again like I did at the beginning. That's obviously not going to happen.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #3729
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post

It's also a situation that usually weeds itself out in a day or two at the most. Basically, what I'm getting is that I'm going to be kept alive, but nothing I say matter, so yeah that's frustrating. I'd rather be killed off and shown that I am what I am.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #3730
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Exactly. The mission was a failure....so....

Mimic, I don't think it's quite that easy. That's the mission the rebels used 45 points against us. You used 15, that leaves 5 people to try and make up the 30. I only had 3 to use, that leaves 4 to make up 27. Do you realistically think that everyone there could average the 7 needed? Yeah, I realize I'm arguing this because I'm one of the two you're looking at but I worry that if aardwolf comes up good, you sacrifice me next OR when I come up good, you then sacrifice aardwolf who may be good. With them spending 45 points, I doubt they sent anybody to waste their energy, but that just might be me. I see it as being obvious the opposite way as you.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #3731
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry, I can't count. There was one more person but still, that's asking for a lot of energy that I don't think everyone could've possibly given.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #3732
hoopsguy
General Manager

Attention on this day turns early to the futuristic Kang the Conqueror. He retaliates by casting DrDoom into the far reaches of space and time, where none may pursue him. At that point, it is on. Virtually every hero takes their swings at him, but it is Phoenix who claims his life.

Kang invokes a number of strange and disturbing powers, perhaps none moreso than a seasonal Halloween garb evoking images of players past. However, once the tomfoolery is over he charges his armor and thrusts his fist at Phoenix, with intent to kill. Magneto and Phoenix both take defensive postures, and the telekinetic shield of the one formerly known as JeanGrey absorbs the blow.

You have now claimed two traitors. How many more of these vipers are in your midst/
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #3733
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damage Report:

Kang - 18
Phoenix - 3
Aardvark - 1
Magneto - 1
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #3734
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm done bickering, hopefully at some point something will be revealed that proves I am not the Shadow King. If not then I will use it to my advantage and go around sneaking up behind people and going oogy boogy really loud.

(OOC)Tuesdays and Thursdays are my busiest days, so I will stop in at some point in the morning or between work and classes to make my vote, but otherwise will be out for the day tomorrow.

OOOGY BOOGY
Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #3735
Punisher
High School JV

Off to bed. Good night.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #3736
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Magneto and Phoenix both take defensive postures, and the telekinetic shield of the one formerly known as JeanGrey absorbs the blow.

Much ado about nothing. I'm relieved.

I will be returning to the Brotherhood HQ for the evening. Good night.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #3737
hoopsguy
General Manager

FYI - if you have submitted a "create-a-power" and not gotten a response, please send me a reminder ASAP so I can resolve this. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #3738
HenryPym
Mascot

WTG guys! And now even the mod is calling him Aardvark
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #3739
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
WTG guys! And now even the mod is calling him Aardvark

Heh - I 100% blame Tyrith. Well, 90% him and 10% the guy who chose this character
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #3740
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I want to reiterate one point about a big difference between the Shadow King and myself before I head out and attempt to find out more about the remaining rebels.

The shadow King turned Nick Fury and Shield into an organization of pussies.

Me on the other hand, I'm doing what I always do, whatever is takes. Risking trust, death, I'm going to fight with everything I've got to save this world from the overthrow of the rebels.

And to the Shadow King, watch out. I'm a spy, it's what I do, your identity will not be safe for long.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #3741
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Note that Cable's and Silver Samurai's mission participation was only against Galactus, the Destroyer and Annihilus.

I just want to point out that I never went on a Galactus mission, nor was I part of the Destroyer mission. Was Annihilus the negative energy zone attack mission? If so, I did participate in that. If not, then I participated in none of the missions you claim I did.

I participated in two very successful missions. One I did not distinguish myself enough to be mentioned (destroying the robots in Tokyo, IIRC). The other was the attack from the negative energy zone monsters, where I did distinguish myself.

And, lastly, of course, I was attacked by Kang yesterday, and was the first on him today. If that doesn't put me in some cleared zone, you all might as well kill me now.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 AM   #3742
hoopsguy
General Manager

The recent chatter by the former subjects of Apocalypse/Doom about the Circle of Trust seems to have angered the remaining Rebels. This anger is taken out on Mimic, whose charred remains are found in the morning.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #3743
Punisher
High School JV

There goes the one person I could trust. Today should be interesting.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #3744
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr. Sinister beckons you all to join him for today's debriefing.

"With the death of DrDoom there is now a perceived weakness about our ranks. Other nations may seek to exploit us if we do not exercise power in a most visible fashion. Today we look to capture the one known as Stryfe. He has never been aligned with our movement and we have reason to believe that he will oppose us in the very near future."

"Travel to Australia and defeat him and his most recent allies, the Reavers - led by Donald Pierce. Make sure to send an appropriate force to deal with these threats. Stryfe is the goal and the threat. The others are just wheat awaiting the proper scythe."
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #3745
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mission results to be processed at 5PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:20 AM   #3746
Mimic
High School JV

[ghost voice]Go villagers![/ghost voice]

[ooc]Weird, but I had a dream last night that someone posted a group picture of everyone playing and what their roles were...the problem was that I couldn't recognize anyone (match their face to their FOFC boardname) and I wondered how they got us all together to take a picture[/ooc]
Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #3747
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Mimic was a prelate, right? Who was guarding him?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #3748
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Oh, never mind, I guess he wasn't a Prelate.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #3749
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Don't worry, I was thinking the same thing. He's not even 1isted as a former prelate but I could've sworn that he was, at least, one under Apocalypse.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #3750
thephoenix
n00b

Order Aardwolf protect Phoenix

Want to make sure we get protection in, BEFORE people start declaring for the mission.

Join Mission
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote