Old 08-31-2024, 04:04 PM   #3701
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Kamala wants to build the wall.
Kamala wants no taxes on tips.
Kamala wants fracking.

It’s all an upside down world, at least, superficially.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 04:11 PM   #3702
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Kamala wants to build the wall.
Kamala wants no taxes on tips.
Kamala wants fracking.

It’s all an upside down world, at least, superficially.

It is definitely all superficial. Both of their plans with no taxs on tips is silly and will never happen. Harris' plan on taxes for unrealized gains is also fanciful. Meanwhile Trump is never going to have a plan to pay for IVF. I'm sure that plan will be two weeks away like his health plan and his infrastructure plan.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 04:39 PM   #3703
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It's almost like both sides have settled on right wing neoliberal policies and just use a few wedge issues to act like they're really different from one another.

And yes I'm aware how important an FCC spot is to some of you but they have little power and don't do much.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 05:04 PM   #3704
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's almost like both sides have settled on right wing neoliberal policies and just use a few wedge issues to act like they're really different from one another.

And yes I'm aware how important an FCC spot is to some of you but they have little power and don't do much.

The thing i feel you continue to not understand, is a president is more than their policies. Yes you may be correct that four years of either may not turn out that differently from a policy standpoint. But it absolutely matters in the general forward progress of the country and the treatment of anyone who isnt white, Christian, and male or falls onto the maga beliefs.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 07:45 PM   #3705
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The thing i feel you continue to not understand, is a president is more than their policies. Yes you may be correct that four years of either may not turn out that differently from a policy standpoint. But it absolutely matters in the general forward progress of the country and the treatment of anyone who isnt white, Christian, and male or falls onto the maga beliefs.

The current administration is doing an ethnic cleansing right now. They also fully support Trump's draconian immigration policy against Hispanics. Not sure the "treatment of non-whites" is anything more than some carefully crafted statements and meaningless political stunts.
Old 08-31-2024, 07:52 PM   #3706
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if the Harris campaign just has an endless supply of these things that they'll trickle out till the election.

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-31-2024 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2024, 07:59 PM   #3707
bronconick
College Starter

It's probably all the stuff Tim Ryan didn't use since he ran as a Republican-Lite against Vance.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 08:16 PM   #3708
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The current administration is doing an ethnic cleansing right now. They also fully support Trump's draconian immigration policy against Hispanics. Not sure the "treatment of non-whites" is anything more than some carefully crafted statements and meaningless political stunts.

you act like Biden is sending the national guard into Dearborn to kill Muslim newborns. Do you have a flare for the dramatic in everything you do because I would love to party
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 08:45 PM   #3709
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you act like Biden is sending the national guard into Dearborn to kill Muslim newborns. Do you have a flare for the dramatic in everything you do because I would love to party

He is funding and coordinating a genocide. It would not happen without our support. It is one of the most despicable things this country has ever done. It's not dramatic to you because you don't view Palestinians as people just like most Democrats in power.

If you are willing to carry out a genocide, you are probably not the bastion of inclusiveness that you're trying to portray the party as.
Old 08-31-2024, 09:41 PM   #3710
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
He is funding and coordinating a genocide. It would not happen without our support. It is one of the most despicable things this country has ever done. It's not dramatic to you because you don't view Palestinians as people just like most Democrats in power.

If you are willing to carry out a genocide, you are probably not the bastion of inclusiveness that you're trying to portray the party as.

I'm sure a Trump administration would welcome the Palestinian people with open arms....
Old 08-31-2024, 09:43 PM   #3711
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure a Trump administration would welcome the Palestinian people with open arms....

That's not a defense of the genocide you support.
Old 08-31-2024, 10:00 PM   #3712
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That's not a defense of the genocide you support.

It is downright comical that you think things would be different under another administration
Old 08-31-2024, 10:34 PM   #3713
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is downright comical that you think things would be different under another administration

I never said it would be different. I'm pointing out the absurdity of assuming a party actively committing an ethnic cleansing is somehow more tolerant of minorities.

It would be identical, except liberals will be appalled at it. And we probably wouldn't waste a bunch of money on PR stunts like the pier. It's like arguing whether Hitler or Goebbels is better for the Jews in Nazi Germany. There is no "lesser of two evils" with genocide.
Old 09-01-2024, 08:19 AM   #3714
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Do you know who probably needs to be asked some questions? Whoever was running the ops campaign for JD Vances’sSenate opponent. It turns out there are a lot of videos and podcasts of him out there saying really weird stuff about childless women. Stuff that might’ve actually resonated in a Senate campaign for anyone taking 10 minutes to look for them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 08:40 AM   #3715
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yep. Not quite to the level of "where was Santos' opponent's campaign research," but come ON.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 08:43 AM   #3716
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Do you know who probably needs to be asked some questions? Whoever was running the ops campaign for JD Vances’sSenate opponent. It turns out there are a lot of videos and podcasts of him out there saying really weird stuff about childless women. Stuff that might’ve actually resonated in a Senate campaign for anyone taking 10 minutes to look for them.

Tim Ryan was too busy throwing footballs at TVs and trying to pretend he wasn't a Democrat.
Old 09-01-2024, 09:47 AM   #3717
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I never said it would be different. I'm pointing out the absurdity of assuming a party actively committing an ethnic cleansing is somehow more tolerant of minorities.

It would be identical, except liberals will be appalled at it. And we probably wouldn't waste a bunch of money on PR stunts like the pier. It's like arguing whether Hitler or Goebbels is better for the Jews in Nazi Germany. There is no "lesser of two evils" with genocide.

Difference being the Jews in Germany/Europe/Russia were not attacking Germans, whether Nazis, military, or civilians. The Nazis (actual party members) and most Germans, for that matter ("we didn't know"? yeah ok), were not responding to attacks by Jews who had a goal of eliminating them. They just decided to kill all of the Jews as a matter of policy.

Maybe it's just me but I would say responding to an attack on civilians, like Oct 8, is a lesser of two evils. I'm sure your milage will vary.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 10:59 AM   #3718
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Difference being the Jews in Germany/Europe/Russia were not attacking Germans, whether Nazis, military, or civilians. The Nazis (actual party members) and most Germans, for that matter ("we didn't know"? yeah ok), were not responding to attacks by Jews who had a goal of eliminating them. They just decided to kill all of the Jews as a matter of policy.

Maybe it's just me but I would say responding to an attack on civilians, like Oct 8, is a lesser of two evils. I'm sure your milage will vary.

This has gone on much longer than October 7th. Gaza is a concentration camp and many concentration camps in Nazi Germany had uprisings. So did ghettoized neighborhoods like in Warsaw. And this is absolutely policy in Israel. Just read what their leaders say. They all advocate for genocide. Now maybe that changes your opinion on what the Nazis did, but not for me.

And who is attacking Israel? Hamas? It's a group of 20-30k fighters based in Gaza. The tens of thousands of kids murdered in Gaza were not part of Hamas. Neither were the tens of thousands of women. Nor were humanitarian workers or journalists. And they're bombing the West Bank right now where Hamas has no power.

Anyway, my point is that you don't get to pretend the Democrats are the non-racist party when they are fully supporting an apartheid regime and funding a genocide. They view Palestinians the same was as Republicans, they'll just try to make the optics look a little better so people don't feel as bad about it.
Old 09-01-2024, 11:02 AM   #3719
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Tim Ryan was too busy throwing footballs at TVs and trying to pretend he wasn't a Democrat.

Such a baffling campaign since Sherrod Brown is the blueprint for winning Ohio as a Democrat. I get moderating on some issues in those states but if you're going to run as a Republican, I think the voters will just vote for the actual Republican.
Old 09-01-2024, 03:55 PM   #3720
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Not just you. It's the policy of the US, and our commitment to our allies. If our allies need to be allied, then their choices become our choices. It sucks that the Palestinians have been attacking Israel for like 50+ years, and now this happened. It's war, it sucks those people have been held captive by their leaders and that literal generations have been raised with no plan for how to move forward. People get the leadership they deserve. If Hamas is it, then they will bear the brunt of that. Whether that's fair, or right or not is rather irrelevant. It just is.

We could and should not have bankrolled this. But I think RM is wrong if he thinks they couldn't have done this without us assisting. They could have done it easily.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 05:29 PM   #3721
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
People get the leadership they deserve. If Hamas is it, then they will bear the brunt of that. Whether that's fair, or right or not is rather irrelevant. It just is.

I think it's rather disgusting to believe that infants deserve to be bombed in any scenario. Most of the population wasn't even alive when Hamas took power and has no say in the government. Not to mention that actual Hamas fighters are a minuscule number of the Gazan population.

And Israel is currently doing this on the West Bank too as we speak, where Hamas is not in power. So this isn't just about Hamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
But I think RM is wrong if he thinks they couldn't have done this without us assisting. They could have done it easily.

They literally tried this when Obama was in power and ran out of ammunition a month later and had to come crawling back for more handouts. We don't need a crystal ball to know how that scenario plays out.
Old 09-02-2024, 07:28 AM   #3722
bob
College Starter

Someone help me out here because I don’t have a firm grasp of Israeli law.

I keep seeing people say Netanyahu has to keep the war going or he’ll lose power and perhaps be persecuted. Are elections suspended right now or is it just a general voters won’t change horse midstream thing?

Thanks in advance.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 09:35 AM   #3723
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This has gone on much longer than October 7th. Gaza is a concentration camp and many concentration camps in Nazi Germany had uprisings. So did ghettoized neighborhoods like in Warsaw. And this is absolutely policy in Israel. Just read what their leaders say. They all advocate for genocide. Now maybe that changes your opinion on what the Nazis did, but not for me.

And who is attacking Israel? Hamas? It's a group of 20-30k fighters based in Gaza. The tens of thousands of kids murdered in Gaza were not part of Hamas. Neither were the tens of thousands of women. Nor were humanitarian workers or journalists. And they're bombing the West Bank right now where Hamas has no power.

Anyway, my point is that you don't get to pretend the Democrats are the non-racist party when they are fully supporting an apartheid regime and funding a genocide. They view Palestinians the same was as Republicans, they'll just try to make the optics look a little better so people don't feel as bad about it.

The scale of comparing this to Nazi Germany is simply silly. The Nazis worked on exterminating Jews (and other groups too including the mentally ill) on a continental scale, Europe, and then expanded that into Asia by doing the same in Russia. There are no gas chambers in Gaza, nor selection lines where one goes left or right, no trains bringing in victims from far away countries that Israel has conquered. The Nazis industrialized killing with the goal of making it as efficient as possible. That wasn't enough though as they also tried to come up with ways to dispose of those millions upon millions of bodies so they could deny what they had done. Almost forgot to mention they also robbed the corpses of anything of value too. There's a lot more but how about we just leave it at etc. etc. etc. etc.

You mention what your point is, well here's mine. How about you stop pretending that what is going on in Israel and Gaza (yes Israel too) is anything like what went on in Europe and Asia due to the Nazis?

There are terrible things going on in Gaza and Israel on both sides. If you oppose US support through your tax dollars and want that stopped that's a valid position but I'm curious, does that make you an anti-Semite? I ask because you say the Dem party is racist because of their support of Israel. Personally I don't believe you want US support of Israel in this war stopped because you are anti-Semite. I also don't believe the Dem-party has supported Israel because they are a racist party. The reasons are not that simply defined.
Old 09-02-2024, 10:02 AM   #3724
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So, Trump went on Fox News and said he had every right to interfere in elections. I'm well aware that it doesn't matter what he says at this point but apparently, he's hitting that point as well.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 12:11 PM   #3725
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You mention what your point is, well here's mine. How about you stop pretending that what is going on in Israel and Gaza (yes Israel too) is anything like what went on in Europe and Asia due to the Nazis?

The scale is different but not the process. They've put Palestinians in large concentration camps and are now exterminating them. If there is another genocide you'd like to compare it to, that's fine.

Quote:
There are terrible things going on in Gaza and Israel on both sides. If you oppose US support through your tax dollars and want that stopped that's a valid position but I'm curious, does that make you an anti-Semite? I ask because you say the Dem party is racist because of their support of Israel. Personally I don't believe you want US support of Israel in this war stopped because you are anti-Semite. I also don't believe the Dem-party has supported Israel because they are a racist party. The reasons are not that simply defined.

Israel is a country, not a religion. I'm opposed to any theocratic ethnostate regardless of religion or the ethnicity. Just as my opposition to apartheid South Africa didn't mean I hated Christians.

As far as why they are supported, that's an opinion. They have immense lobbying power which does play a role. But both parties have shown their disdain for Muslims for decades. I'm guessing if a Muslim ally like Saudi Arabia was genociding white Christians, we would not be funding and defending it. And it's tough to say that a party isn't racist if they are actively engaging in an ethnic cleansing.
Old 09-02-2024, 12:38 PM   #3726
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Someone help me out here because I don’t have a firm grasp of Israeli law.

I keep seeing people say Netanyahu has to keep the war going or he’ll lose power and perhaps be persecuted. Are elections suspended right now or is it just a general voters won’t change horse midstream thing?

Thanks in advance.

It's both. They won't call for elections during a war (at least so far) and as long as he's Prime Minister, they can't send him to jail yet. It's why you're seeing him ignore all ceasefire talks and try to expand the war to Lebanon and Iran.

It's very similar to Trump (they both are extremely far right). They sort of need to be in power to avoid jail.

Israel also has a unique political system. There are a ton of parties but they don't have huge divide over major issues. They all openly support genocide and are similar on economic issues. The biggest divide is whether Orthodox Jews have to serve in the military, which is actually a huge issue in the country. Outside of that, there are just a lot of tiny parties with tiny issues they support. There is a party in the coalition that wants to abolish women from being able to read and write. A party that only cares about banning gay people. Parties focused on settlers. Even a party that is focused on all the Russians who immigrated.
Old 09-02-2024, 03:19 PM   #3727
Atocep
Coordinator

The Aurora, Colorado "gang" stuff is the perfect illustration of the right wing social media apparatus. Take the smallest kernel of truth and turn into something racist to fear monger over.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 06:55 PM   #3728
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

My solution to the political ads stuff is I don't watch TV, listen to the radio, etc. I don't miss any of it. -
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 08:01 PM   #3729
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Aurora, Colorado "gang" stuff is the perfect illustration of the right wing social media apparatus. Take the smallest kernel of truth and turn into something racist to fear monger over.

Is this actually happening? I've been reading about it on my "For You" tab on Twitter, which is filled with right wing crap. And now the Hell's Angels are coming to reclaim it, but no mainstream news sites are talking about it at all. I feel like it could easily be BS.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 08:38 PM   #3730
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Is this actually happening? I've been reading about it on my "For You" tab on Twitter, which is filled with right wing crap. And now the Hell's Angels are coming to reclaim it, but no mainstream news sites are talking about it at all. I feel like it could easily be BS.

None of it is happening. From what I've gathered, a slum lord was notified the city was shutting down his apartments, for being a slumlord, and he posted or stated somewhere that these Vietnamese gangs are taking over his complexes and that's why they're shutting down. Right wing social media has run with it.

The cops actually had to go out and confirm this wasn't happening and all the city has really said that while there is concerns of gang activity in the area, that's not the case here, and the city is moving forward on closing the complexes.
Old 09-02-2024, 09:15 PM   #3731
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Aurora mayor did say some apartment complexes were run over with gangs but that the city had not been overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 09:45 PM   #3732
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The Aurora mayor did say some apartment complexes were run over with gangs but that the city had not been overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police chief contradicted him and said there's gang activity in the area, but they haven't over run the complexes in question.
Old 09-02-2024, 10:07 PM   #3733
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And the Hell's Angels thing isn't true, but there is a rally in CO over Labor Day.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:39 AM   #3734
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The police chief contradicted him and said there's gang activity in the area, but they haven't over run the complexes in question.

I've seen reports from right wing media but also from ABC.

ABC article below did not address the specific video that started this talk, see embedded video.

https://abc7chicago.com/post/aurora-...agua/15255872/
Quote:
Video circulating on social media shows a group of men trying to break into an apartment unit on Sunday, August 18.

The footage, taken by the security camera of resident Edward Romero, shows several men carrying firearms in front of a door, with two of them appearing to force it open.

Romero told reporters the video was taken shortly before a shootout took place inside the apartment complex. Romero also said he has moved out since the incident occurred.

Instead of addressing the specific video, police are quoted below. I'm suspicious that the police did not address the specific video or Romero's statement about "force it (door) open". But then it could just be sloppy journalism.

Quote:
Morris continued, "I'm not saying that there's not gang members that don't live in this community, but what we're learning out here is that gang members have not taken over this complex. We've really made an effort to the last few days to just really ask the specific questions or the direct questions in terms of the gang activity and who's actually making sure that people aren't paying rent to gang leaders or gang members, that that's not happening. And we've discovered here today and yesterday talking to, you know, so many residents said that's not the case we've been talking about, and they've been sincere with this. We really believe that they are sincere with this and we're standing out here, and I can tell you that gang members have not taken over this apartment complex."

I want to know more about the video. It didn't seem the "gang members" rushed into the apartment to assault anymore when the door opened. The video cuts off soon after and there should be more video somewhere.

Anyone have more complete info, let us know.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 08:01 AM   #3735
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Israel is a country, not a religion.

One might think that was optics so people don't have to feel bad about being anti-Semitic. If it works for R's and D's against a group of people it can also work for the anti Israel crowd too.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:59 AM   #3736
Swaggs
Coordinator

If you want Harris to win, this is one of the best signs that I have seen to date: Harris campaign, DNC, announce unprecedented down-ballot spending
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 10:42 AM   #3737
cuervo72
Head Coach

God's plan?

Doctors grapple with how to save women's lives amid 'confusion and angst' over new Louisiana law • Louisiana Illuminator

"A lifesaving drug used to stop postpartum hemorrhaging will be pulled off emergency response carts once it becomes a ‘controlled dangerous substance.’"

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-03-2024 at 10:43 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 11:19 AM   #3738
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is that the whole video that has been released or is there more video that is public?

If not, then there are a lot of leaps being made.

What is it about the video indicates that these men are linked to Tren de Aragua as opposed to some other gang? Not saying it is better if it was another gang but the fact that Tren De Aragua is the trendy gang name of the moment seems relevant.

Anyways, here is article about the apartments the Mayor now says are overrun by the gangs that came out before this video.

Access to this page has been denied

It even has a statement from Mayor Coffman after the city shut down one of the buildings.

Quote:
The property is run by CBZ Management, which has tried to pin the problems on crime and claims Venezuelan gang activity is to blame — but the mayor said that argument is specious

“It’s a little late to play the Venezuelan gang card. Certainly, there are other parts of the city that we’re looking at, that we’re concerned about that. But the problems in this building certainly precede any problems with Venezuelan gangs,” Coffman said.

“The problems even preceded the migrant crisis,” Coffman said.

Why did the mayor decided to play his Venezuelan gang card now?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 11:53 AM   #3739
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Trump is now saying the whole Arlington National Cemetery incident is something made up by Kamala.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 11:57 AM   #3740
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

They really seem to think that the cemetery thing is helping them. They will not let the story die.

Maybe they know something that I don't.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 12:05 PM   #3741
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

They often do. It really does seem the more shitty the behavior the more he gains support. "Owning libs," like the ones that serve the country and gave their lives for it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 12:25 PM   #3742
thesloppy
Pro Starter

It's gotta suck when you're naturally this awkward, and the entire world is suddenly on notice that you're a nutjob, and then every tiny thing you do is scrutinized for strangeness.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 12:25 PM   #3743
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They often do. It really does seem the more shitty the behavior the more he gains support. "Owning libs," like the ones that serve the country and gave their lives for it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

I heard an interview with Smerconish with one of the family members and she was just as disgusting as Trump. Admitted they invited him, claim they invited Biden also. Said they never saw any altercation and that they brought their own photographer. When pressed about Trump putting out a campaign ad using the footage on Tik Tok her respone was "I don't use tik tok"
Old 09-03-2024, 12:31 PM   #3744
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am listening to clips of Trumps interview with Hannity and he says the way Kamala treated Mike Pence was horrible....umm...
Old 09-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #3745
Edward64
Head Coach

Politics aside, I like how good the AI images look.

Just a moment...

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-03-2024 at 12:45 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 01:07 PM   #3746
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One might think that was optics so people don't have to feel bad about being anti-Semitic. If it works for R's and D's against a group of people it can also work for the anti Israel crowd too.

Insinuating all Jewish people support genocide is like insinuating all Muslims are terrorists.

Most of the country doesn't support the genocide, including a large contingent of Jewish people. It's really just supported by a portion of the right and Blue MAGA.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #3747
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Insinuating all Jewish people support genocide is like insinuating all Muslims are terrorists.

Most of the country doesn't support the genocide, including a large contingent of Jewish people. It's really just supported by a portion of the right and Blue MAGA.

Kind of like insinuating the Dems as a party are racist?
Old 09-03-2024, 02:44 PM   #3748
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yet all over the world we see people targeting Jewish people just because of their race. I was at a restaurant in Toronto in October and a group of pro-Palestinians were screaming at the restaurant and the customers inside because it was Jewish-owned.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 02:51 PM   #3749
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Yet all over the world we see people targeting Jewish people just because of their race. I was at a restaurant in Toronto in October and a group of pro-Palestinians were screaming at the restaurant and the customers inside because it was Jewish-owned.

RainMaker seems very one sided on the issue. The war is awful and I in no way support the Israel government and what they are doing. But the lack of empathy towards hate and crimes against Jewish people is also terrible. Both sides want to rid the earth of one another. And yes theres still a ton of anti semitism in the U.S. Ive not been the target of anything as I am not practicing, nor do I look Jewish but ive been in occasional social situation which turned out the group was clearly anti semite.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 03:06 PM   #3750
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

It's gotta suck when you're naturally this awkward, and the entire world is suddenly on notice that you're a nutjob, and then every tiny thing you do is scrutinized for strangeness.

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote