Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #3751
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Order Ghostrider to Guard Mr.Fantastic
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #3752
SilverSamurai
n00b

There are so few of us left, it seems. We must be certain to defeat Stryfe. I will attend to this.

JOIN MISSION
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #3753
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Even with Doom not here any longer, his message still remains. Galactus has been stopped, our primary focus right now should remain on protecting our people and stopping the rebel.

Anyone who chooses to NOT go on today's mission should give us all a good reason why you don't want to do so, or you'll likely end up as highly supect. We have seen some examples of things that appear to have been consequences of losing past missions. We don't really want to push that luck any further.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #3754
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I will gladly serve as your guardian and protector Mr. Fantastic.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #3755
Punisher
High School JV

JOIN MISSION

I'll be out most likely a majority of today.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #3756
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER SPIDERMAN TO GUARD VISION
Old 10-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #3757
Cable
Mascot

Given my history with Stryfe, I think I would be valuable on this mission.

JOIN STRYFE MISSION
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #3758
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER CABLE TO PROTECT MAGNETO
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #3759
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Too late for that one. I've got 2 choices left.
ORDER NICK FURY TO PROTECT MAGNETO

The irony is not lost on me.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #3760
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

JOIN STRYFE MISSION
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #3761
thephoenix
n00b

With so many of the nonprelates having to guard, it is incumbant upon us as prelates to ensure the success of this mission.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #3762
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
With so many of the nonprelates having to guard, it is incumbant upon us as prelates to ensure the success of this mission.

Indeed this is so. I shall be of use in this endeavor, and expect those not guarding to do the same.

JOIN STRYFE MISSION
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #3763
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

It occurred to me late last night that the method of death in the night kills may point to the assailant. This is a point worth debating. I have pulled the quotes

1) Dr. Strange: “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The 4th Prelate is nowhere to be found, although the scientists are eventually able to cobble together a device that leads you to his liquified remains.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']2) Apocalypse: “How wrong that assumption proves to be. You are startled by a thunderous explosion, followed by a city-wide loss of power. What could have caused this chain of events? You find that the quarters of Lord Apocalypse have been reduced to rubble. The ground is smoldering and has an eerie glow about it.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']3) Professor X: “On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body.”>>[/font]
4A) Jean Grey: Reported a commando attack; Nick Fury admitted to responsibility – attributed to Shadow King.
4B) Firebird: Killed by Beast and the radioactive fangs.
5)Henry Pym: “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']One person who is not buzzing in the morning is HenryPym. He appears to have been squashed with in his "ant" form, and is now a stain that won't easily come out of the carpet.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']6) Silver Surfer: “[/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']He appears to have been the victim of a psionic attack, based on the vacant look and the drool hanging from his silvery lips.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']7) Mimic: “This anger is taken out on Mimic, whose charred remains are found in the morning.”[/font]
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #3764
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I have seen no reason as yet to trust Cable, Aardwolf, or Spiderman. It is possible that I have missed something important. I shall revisit here before events of the day carry me away until nightfall. In the meantime, though, I'll continue my attack on one who remains suspicious to me.

ATTACK AARDWOLF
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #3765
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I posted before I was finished. Anyway, the items in red are pulled directly from the Watcher's posts. Items in black are not.

1) Dr. Strange: “The 4th Prelate is nowhere to be found, although the scientists are eventually able to cobble together a device that leads you to his liquified remains.”
2) Apocalypse: “How wrong that assumption proves to be. You are startled by a thunderous explosion, followed by a city-wide loss of power. What could have caused this chain of events? You find that the quarters of Lord Apocalypse have been reduced to rubble. The ground is smoldering and has an eerie glow about it.”
3) Professor X: “On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body.”
4A) Jean Grey: Reported a commando attack; Nick Fury admitted to responsibility – attributed to Shadow King.
5)Henry Pym: “One person who is not buzzing in the morning is HenryPym. He appears to have been squashed with in his "ant" form, and is now a stain that won't easily come out of the carpet.”
6) Silver Surfer: "He appears to have been the victim of a psionic attack, based on the vacant look and the drool hanging from his silvery lips.”
7) Mimic: “This anger is taken out on Mimic, whose charred remains are found in the morning.”
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #3766
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
It occurred to me late last night that the method of death in the night kills may point to the assailant. This is a point worth debating. I have pulled the quotes

1) Dr. Strange: “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The 4th Prelate is nowhere to be found, although the scientists are eventually able to cobble together a device that leads you to his liquified remains.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']2) Apocalypse: “How wrong that assumption proves to be. You are startled by a thunderous explosion, followed by a city-wide loss of power. What could have caused this chain of events? You find that the quarters of Lord Apocalypse have been reduced to rubble. The ground is smoldering and has an eerie glow about it.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']3) Professor X: “On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body.”>>[/font]
5)Henry Pym: “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']One person who is not buzzing in the morning is HenryPym. He appears to have been squashed with in his "ant" form, and is now a stain that won't easily come out of the carpet.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']6) Silver Surfer: “[/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']He appears to have been the victim of a psionic attack, based on the vacant look and the drool hanging from his silvery lips.”>>[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']7) Mimic: “This anger is taken out on Mimic, whose charred remains are found in the morning.”[/font]

Erik, this is good information, but of what use? What conclusions can you draw from it? Re-reading the accounts, if the method of murder indeed may point to the assailant, who are we to suspect?

One could reasonably make a case here for Cable, Phoenix, my beloved Scarlet Witch... who else?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #3767
Punisher
High School JV

Not sure I'm following, Mags.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #3768
Punisher
High School JV

Attack Cable

I'm left with few options.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #3769
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Are people who are attacking now just not going to be around after the mission or something? Just curious since I personally had a few people in my mind as top suspects, but was waiting for other people to check in with any possible info from last night, as well as seeing what happens with today's mission.

I really think it is kind of foolish to force people to spend or not spend energy protecting themselves before the mission when it could be used for that instead.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #3770
Punisher
High School JV

Fair enough. But I have my eye on you.

UNATTACK CABLE
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #3771
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Special Actions participated in, v7.1:
(Through Day 6; No Missions on Day 5)

3. Ghost Rider - Galactus, Guard, Mission, Mission, Mission, Galactus
8. Phoenix - Mission, Galactus, Guard, Galactus, Mission, Unknown
10. Mr. Fantastic - Galactus, Created Portal, Unknown, Activated Portal, Unknown, Unknown
12. Mimic - Unknown, Unknown, Mission, Mission, Used Doom Device, Unknown -- Villager
14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
15. Kang the Conqueror - Galactus, Unknown, Mission, Galactus, Guard, Banished Doom -- Rebel
17. Dr. Doom - Unknown, Displace Apocalypse, Unknown, Unknown, Galactus, Banished
18. Cable - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Galactus, Mission, Galactus
22. Aardwolf - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Mission, Guard, Guard
23. Nick Fury - Unknown, Guard, Unknown, Guard, Guard, Galactus
25. Spider Man - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown, Guard, Web Attack, Web Attack
26. Magneto -
Mission, Mission, Mission, Guard, Mission, Unknown
27. Punisher - Unknown, Mission, Mission, Interrogated Mimic, Guard, Galactus
30. Scarlet Witch - Unknown, Special Attack, Unknown, Special Attack (G), Special Attack (M), Guard
31. Silver Samurai - Unknown, Mission, Unknown, Guard, Mission, Guard

[/quote]
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #3772
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Too late for that one. I've got 2 choices left.
ORDER NICK FURY TO PROTECT MAGNETO

The irony is not lost on me.

Despite my suspicions, you have not proved to be a rebel yet. I will protect you, but I will also be interrogating you all night to find out more.

Oh and make sure you have plenty of Dr. Pepper in the fridge.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #3773
Punisher
High School JV

I did two missions early on? I thought I only did one.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #3774
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

UNATTACK CABLE

Wasn't just you, Vision also placed an attack and said he would be back later. It just had me curious is all. I just think in this case with a mission we need to win, starting off with everyone throwing out special powers or defenses or whatever this point in the day takes away from our chance in winning the mission (especially since Cable is one of the few on the mission right now).

After the mission, I am sure I'll have weighed all of the data available to us carefully enough to try to make a decision on where to attack for today.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #3775
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Does guarding make it so that you can't go on the mission? I'm assuming it will hurt my ability to use a special attack, so I'd rather not guard tonight -- unless we think that my special attack is better suited for tomorrow. I think I'd rather use it now, and not die with a ton of energy saved up. But if guarding does make it so that you can't go on the mission, maybe we should have people with less energy do the guarding?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #3776
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

The problem is that the mission is at 5 -- that leaves only 4 hours before deadline. We should at least be talking about things now.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #3777
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Professor X's decapitation was what triggered this thing in my brain in the first place. I wanted to see if it corresponded with a day off for SIlver Samurai. It did. In the Samurai's defense, is there another for whom blades are a common weapon?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #3778
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Does guarding make it so that you can't go on the mission? I'm assuming it will hurt my ability to use a special attack, so I'd rather not guard tonight -- unless we think that my special attack is better suited for tomorrow. I think I'd rather use it now, and not die with a ton of energy saved up. But if guarding does make it so that you can't go on the mission, maybe we should have people with less energy do the guarding?

Going on the mission is a special. Guarding is a special. So, going on the mission means no guarding.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #3779
Punisher
High School JV

I understand.

[ooc]Personally, I'm surprised how much time I have right now...but I'm certain I'll be away shortly. This afternoon doesn't look that great for me either, though I'll certainly be back before the deadline, though likely just before it.[/ooc]
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #3780
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

You can only do one of the following each day/night:

Guard / Special Action / Mission

You can not do multiple of those three choices each day. You have to be locked into one of the three (or you could technically do 0 of the 3 I guess)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #3781
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Professor X's decapitation was what triggered this thing in my brain in the first place. I wanted to see if it corresponded with a day off for SIlver Samurai. It did. In the Samurai's defense, is there another for whom blades are a common weapon?
Interesting.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #3782
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
I will protect you, but I will also be interrogating you all night to find out more.

Oh and make sure you have plenty of Dr. Pepper in the fridge.

Fair enough.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #3783
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
The problem is that the mission is at 5 -- that leaves only 4 hours before deadline. We should at least be talking about things now.

Oh sure, talking about things is fine with me. Yesterday was a bit dull.. I wish my original plan had worked and I hadn't had to resort to plan B.

I'd love to see some conversation happen, but it doesn't take guns to have a conversation.. (I am sure the Punisher disagrees with that!)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #3784
Punisher
High School JV

Guns are always useful during conversations.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #3785
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Oh sure, talking about things is fine with me. Yesterday was a bit dull.. I wish my original plan had worked and I hadn't had to resort to plan B.

I'd love to see some conversation happen, but it doesn't take guns to have a conversation.. (I am sure the Punisher disagrees with that!)

Nothing more interesting than what a man says while starring down the barrel of a gun.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #3786
Cable
Mascot

Quote:

UNATTACK CABLE

At least you can go away from this game saying you made 1 smart move.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #3787
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I did two missions early on? I thought I only did one.

I have no idea. Emma Frost built the chart at that point. I picked it back up because I thought it was valuable.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #3788
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I want to repeat what Mr. Fantastic said, every single person not guarding should be on today's mission. If you are not, Fury will be on your ass like stink on the Punisher (sorry, but revenge doesn't leave much time for showering)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #3789
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
At least you can go away from this game saying you made 1 smart move.
I've made plenty of smart moves. You've done almost nothing.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #3790
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Running with the Silver Samurai train of thought.. if anyone has some spare time this morning...

-Did he ever say what he did as his special action on nights 1 and 3?
-What night did ProfessorX die? does it correlate to one of the days we have no known action for Silver Samurai?
-Has there been any deaths via blade any other night when SilverSamurai was tied up?
-He went on two missions (day 2 and day 4), does anyone know how those missions went, and how his performance was during those missions?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #3791
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Running with the Silver Samurai train of thought.. if anyone has some spare time this morning...

-Did he ever say what he did as his special action on nights 1 and 3?
-What night did ProfessorX die? does it correlate to one of the days we have no known action for Silver Samurai?
-Has there been any deaths via blade any other night when SilverSamurai was tied up?
-He went on two missions (day 2 and day 4), does anyone know how those missions went, and how his performance was during those missions?

Sorry, he went on mission day 2 and 5, not day 2 and 4. I have reading comprehension issues.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #3792
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

[quote=Magneto;1862399]Special Actions participated in, v7.2:
(Through Day 7; No Missions on Day 5)

3. Ghost Rider - Galactus, Guard, Mission, Mission, Mission, Galactus
8. Phoenix - Mission, Galactus, Guard, Galactus, Mission, Unknown
10. Mr. Fantastic - Galactus, Created Portal, Unknown, Activated Portal, Unknown, Unknown
12. Mimic - Unknown, Unknown, Mission, Mission, Used Doom Device, Unknown -- Villager
14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
15. Kang the Conqueror - Galactus, Unknown, Mission, Galactus, Guard, Banished Doom -- Rebel
17. Dr. Doom - Unknown, Displace Apocalypse, Unknown, Unknown, Galactus, Banished
18. Cable - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Galactus, Mission, Galactus
22. Aardwolf - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Mission, Guard, Guard
23. Nick Fury - Unknown, Guard, Unknown, Guard, Guard, Galactus
25. Spider Man - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown, Guard, Web Attack, Web Attack
26. Magneto -
Mission, Mission, Mission, Guard, Mission, Unknown
27. Punisher - Unknown, Mission, Mission, Interrogated Mimic, Guard, Galactus
30. Scarlet Witch - Unknown, Special Attack, Unknown, Special Attack (G), Special Attack (M), Guard
31. Silver Samurai - Unknown, Mission, Unknown, Guard, Mission, Guard
16. Beast - Mission, Mission, Galactus, Unknown

I'm adding Beast back in so we can try and match him up with possible night kills.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #3793
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
I've made plenty of smart moves. You've done almost nothing.

Killing 2 rebels equals almost nothing?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #3794
Punisher
High School JV

Let me give you all the credit for Galactus as well, chump.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #3795
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Professor X was killed on night 3. Silver Samurai went on the Destroyer mission and the Annihilus mission.

Night one's kill resulted in Dr. Strange's liquifaction. I have no earthly (or unearthly) idea how that might have been achieved.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #3796
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Professor X was killed on night 3. Silver Samurai went on the Destroyer mission and the Annihilus mission.

Night one's kill resulted in Dr. Strange's liquifaction. I have no earthly (or unearthly) idea how that might have been achieved.

So ProfessorX was killed night 3 via a blade, and we have no known action for Silver Samurai that day.

Beast killed (or tried to kill) Firebird on night 4 and we have no known action for Beast that night correct?

The two missions Silver samurai went on were the destroyer mission (That was the real time mission that actually had to do with Galactus and not the rebels correct?) and then the Annihilus mission (We won that one correct? Can anyone tell me how well Silver Samurai performed on it, was the overall tone of that mission an easy success or one that was tough but we won barely?)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #3797
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc) Off to work
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #3798
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

But before I do

Use Item Ability Shadow Tracker
Old 10-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #3799
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Also, to those wondering, that is a passive ability and does not use my special action for the day, so I am still good to guard Magneto.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #3800
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Prelates:
The ruling class in Apocalypse's order, the Prelates are responsible for enforcing his will. There is a declared hierarchy among the Prelates. Each of the Prelates is publicly known by all players.
- Prelates have option to issue an order to a player to do one of the following: "Guard", "Mission", or "Galactus"
- A player has the option to refuse an order (privately or publicly) if they are the target of an order in consecutive days
- In the event that Prelates have conflicting orders, the order of the higher ranking Prelate will be followed
- The 1st and 2nd Prelates cannot be ordered at all, but lower ranking Prelates may be ordered by Apoc, the 1st Prelate, or the 2nd Prelate
- In the event that a Prelate is killed, all eligible Prelates move up one rank and Apocalypse (er, DOOM!) assigns a new Prelate. No new Prelates are assigned after the death of Apocalypse (er, DOOM!)

I think the bold is something we need to be aware of now. It makes me feel a little better about Aardwolf, for one. And I think we should try to alternate who gets ordered -- especially since the people who were given orders yesterday probably have more energy to use.