Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #3801
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Rocket League anyone?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #3802
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Anyone try out Punch Club yet? Looks like something that this crowd may enjoy.

Also, Steam said they feel the new sales format worked.

Valve Changed The Winter Steam Sale, Says Everybody Wins
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #3803
hollmt
High School Varsity

Hopped on to play Grim Dawn last night around 9 p.m. and was level 18. Went down southeast to open that locked door with the cultists or something and got about halfway in there and my world was rocked, so I left with my tail between my legs and headed back up north to deal with the Warden.

I would say that around 10-1030 maybe I finally managed to get into the Wardens estate/dungeon. 2 hours and 30 mins later I finally got to the Warden. I was tired, and a bit impatient/frustrated by the time I faced him. I think in another setting/timeframe I would say that dungeon was epic and pretty fun, but after about 2 hours of it and nearing 1 a.m. I was getting a bit cranky and just wanted it to be over. Lesson learned on my part not to start that sort of stuff that late

But after about 5 deaths in the dungeon and 1 death against the Warden himself, I was victorious.

I went to bed then and theory crafted some more on another class build I want to use...that is dangerous. I finally fell asleep at 3 a.m.

Fun.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #3804
Ramzavail
College Starter

Punch club is great. I've had a few rounds with it and its not that easy. I haven't figured out a good permutation yet but its definitely kept my interest and making me want to play it again.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #3805
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
I always go to grimdawn.com/forums. Check out the class/builds sections. Some really detailed building advice there. In fact I'm following Zappa's Druid build and it's a blast.

I am not a character builder at all, so I checked out this guide and I am having a blast with it. I am only around level 14, but the lightning attacks are a lot of fun. I've read ahead a bit in his guide and I guess we eventually drop the current lightning attack I am spamming on everything. Have you gotten that far yet? Is the build still fun to play at that point? I've only gotten small windows of opportunity to play, but I think I'll be able to put in a few solid hours tonight!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #3806
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
I am not a character builder at all, so I checked out this guide and I am having a blast with it. I am only around level 14, but the lightning attacks are a lot of fun. I've read ahead a bit in his guide and I guess we eventually drop the current lightning attack I am spamming on everything. Have you gotten that far yet? Is the build still fun to play at that point? I've only gotten small windows of opportunity to play, but I think I'll be able to put in a few solid hours tonight!
I'm level 38 and working toward Stormcaller's pact so it's lighting all the way baby. I'm trying to work on my rep and killing hero's I'm dying a hell of a lot less than my witch hunter. And it's still a blast
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #3807
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Xcom 2 coming out 2/5? OMG.. TOO MANY GAMES!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM   #3808
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Purchased Tharsis today after watching some videos. Sort of a FTL type game in a way but uses dice rolls.

Save 34% on Tharsis on Steam
Old 01-18-2016, 02:12 AM   #3809
mckerney
Coordinator

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is coming to Steam next month, it's a great murder mystery visual novel.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:48 AM   #3810
Groundhog
Coordinator

I bought it so you don't have to: Pro Basketball Manager 2016.

The last version was awful, I was interested to see what's changed.

Answer: Not much.

On the surface, this looks like FM for basketball. Play this for 40 seconds and you'll quickly realize it is not. Poorly translated English (not to mention html characters in some of the text), a wretched 2D/3D game engine that produces unrealistic stats due to the rigidness of the plays being run every possession, and a confusing menu system that took me far too long to find free agents. But hey, at least this year's version has shooting fouls - they didn't make the cut re: the previous version.

There's an impressive amount of research put into the data (despite some horrible attempts at scrambling surnames), it's just that the game itself is incredibly poorly executed.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #3811
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Purchased Tharsis today after watching some videos. Sort of a FTL type game in a way but uses dice rolls.

Save 34% on Tharsis on Steam

I have yet to land on Mars.. and to think there is a hard difficulty.. game is freaking tough and unforgiving.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #3812
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post

Quote:
I'm level 38 and working toward Stormcaller's pact so it's lighting all the way baby. I'm trying to work on my rep and killing hero's I'm dying a hell of a lot less than my witch hunter. And it's still a blast

I wasn't impressed with my Shaman, so I gave this build a shot. Damn if it isn't a blast to play. Thanks for the tips, gents
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #3813
hollmt
High School Varsity

I have enjoyed GD a lot. I got my Witch Blade to level 30 on soft core and then got the bright idea to try hard core with a Witch Blade. Got her to 21 and wanted to try a Spell Breaker. Wow on the Spell Breaker. Shadow Strike in, breathe, freeze them, beat them to oblivion. Got to 17 and had some good weapons to use at 15 (that were optimized for Soldier but still good for me to use anyway) and was in a putrid pen with those critters that don't like to come at you but fight in their putrid poison. I was doing fine and dinged 18 mid fight and stepped over to a bigger critter and landed in a pool. Got immediately trapped by the lot of those critters and couldn't move. Froze the group, healed, took damage, potted, more damage..........dead.

I stared at my screen for a few minutes. I had just spent 4 hours on that toon that evening and she was gone.

I've played hardcore on Diablo 3 and it is really much easier. I misplayed that cave though and it was my own fault. Lesson learned.

I will not be making another hard core toon until I beat the game on soft core.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #3814
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Really loving Grim Dawn as well. My summoner has been a lot of fun, watching pets tear stuff up.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #3815
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Finally playing Grim Dawn (after finishing Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition.) I'm leaning towards making this character a Battlemage. Any thoughts on which devotion affinity I should start putting points into?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #3816
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I don't think there's much rhyme or reason to the devotion stuff...I guess I would try and match elements with your battlemage powers?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #3817
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I ended up searching the outer ring for a constellation that I wanted to work up to, checking its affinities, and building up from there. I haven't done much with casters yet, so don't know much about them other than the lightning damage I'm building up with my shaman.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #3818
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Finally playing Grim Dawn (after finishing Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition.) I'm leaning towards making this character a Battlemage. Any thoughts on which devotion affinity I should start putting points into?

I would think it would depend how tanky you are going - battlemage seems to be the main tank line (according to the GD forums) but your devotions could match whatever you are doing.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #3819
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I ended up searching the outer ring for a constellation that I wanted to work up to, checking its affinities, and building up from there. I haven't done much with casters yet, so don't know much about them other than the lightning damage I'm building up with my shaman.

Vince one of my chars is a lightning damage shaman/arcanist using Primal Strike. I had found this weapon on another character and it is literally the perfect weapon - kicks several types of ass.
Attached Images
File Type: png falconscry.png (244.1 KB, 748 views)
Old 01-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #3820
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have epic dual weapons with the same skill in one of them
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #3821
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yup, I've got a 49th level demolitionist using a two-handed axe with the same componet/skill. There's seemingly a lot of lightning skills, and it matches up well.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #3822
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Damn Peregrine, that thing looks amazing.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #3823
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

And I just found something I'm going to be very excited to equip once level 30 happens:

This Stormcaller build is pretty ridiculous. At level 24 I just opened up a passage on the east end of act 1 using some dynamite from act two, and the enemies there were level 35. Although I had to be a little careful, I still pretty much waded in and wrecked house despite being a full 11 levels below my opposition. Normally I like a challenge in games, but it's pretty amazing to just demolish anything in my way with this build.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 01-23-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #3824
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
And I just found something I'm going to be very excited to equip once level 30 happens:

This Stormcaller build is pretty ridiculous. At level 24 I just opened up a passage on the east end of act 1 using some dynamite from act two, and the enemies there were level 35. Although I had to be a little careful, I still pretty much waded in and wrecked house despite being a full 11 levels below my opposition. Normally I like a challenge in games, but it's pretty amazing to just demolish anything in my way with this build.

So I reached level 40 on Zappa's stormcaller build from the GD forums. It is at this point that you switch roles to pure caster. If you thought you were powerful pre level 40.....just wait. Storm totum clears a room before you can figure out what attack to use next. I'm thinking I am 5x more powerful at level 40 than level 39!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #3825
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Turned level 50 last night and promptly got my first legendary weapon (It took me a while to learn all legendaries are all level 50+, so don't expect any before then):

It's a ranged weapon too! Finally, after hauling around two-handed junk for like the last 25 levels. Of course, it does half as much damage as my current weapon, requires 200 more cunning than I've currently got, and I'll never be able to use it....but I'm still excited about it!

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-24-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #3826
PilotMan
Head Coach

Is anyone else having problems with Rocket League? The last week (two?) especially no matter when I play, or what my ping is, I'm rubber banding throughout the game, making it impossible to play very good at all. It's really frustrating as I was just at a point where I started to feel better about how I was playing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #3827
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I haven't played RL since late last week, but the only time I've really had issues with rubber banding was the night we played together.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #3828
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I've got this for my Shaman and I'm dealing over 4000 DPS.

Prismatic Eviscerator

53-172 Damage (112.5 Average)

17-50 Cold Damage (33.5 Average)

17-50 Fire Damage (33.5 Average)

17-50 Lightning Damage (33.5 Average)

Speed: Very Slow (-0.16)

+100% Elemental Damage

10% Chance of:

330 Electrocute Damage Over 3 Seconds (110 Per Second)

22-30 Elemental Damage

+6% Total Speed

+3 to Callidor's Tempest

Required Physique: 312

Level Requirement: 40

Item Level: 40
Old 01-30-2016, 11:15 AM   #3829
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Posted an announcement in the FOFC Rocket League group. Guessing members will be notified, but just in case it doesn't work like I'd assume I'd like to get some group Rocket League action going tomorrow night at 7pm central.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #3830
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Posted an announcement in the FOFC Rocket League group. Guessing members will be notified, but just in case it doesn't work like I'd assume I'd like to get some group Rocket League action going tomorrow night at 7pm central.
Can I play against CPU players if I'm on ps4?
Old 01-30-2016, 03:12 PM   #3831
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Can I play against CPU players if I'm on ps4?

If you're on PS4 you can join a lobby for a private match with people on PC but you can't join a matchmaking party together.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #3832
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Private server 'fofc' with password 'fofc' if anyone is interested.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #3833
tarcone
Coordinator

Picked up CK2 yesterday. I started playing the learning scenario. But didnt get far because I ran out of time. Before I get back into it, is there anything that will help me get over the learning curve quick.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #3834
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Picked up CK2 yesterday. I started playing the learning scenario. But didnt get far because I ran out of time. Before I get back into it, is there anything that will help me get over the learning curve quick.

Reading some of the great CK2 dynasties on here is a great place to start.

Like Steam?

Old 02-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #3835
dzilla77
High School Varsity

The only problem with the dynasty's (and many of the let's plays) is that the game has evolved so much with all the new DLC and changes that have come out that the strategies and tactics used in them, either aren't in the game anymore (e.g. assassinations) or they are nerf'd or changed so they don't work the same way.

I have struggled to get into the game for the these reasons - some of the let's plays are really cool, but I can't even come close to accomplishing the things they do in the game now.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #3836
PilotMan
Head Coach

As far as CK2 goes, the interface isn't terribly difficult, but I'll preface that by saying that I started with the original EU. The game doesn't move very fast, which allows you to explore everything. It's better early on to take control of a moderately sized, well protected area. Like say an Irish Duchy. From there, you can try some different things out, get a good feel for it, and go from there. I haven't had as much time with CK2 as I would have liked. I know that once I start playing, it's a rabbit hole from which there is no escape. So I have to pick and choose.

Like Steam?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #3837
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Is there anyway to buy multiple licenses? The boys both want to play a game at the same time online but can't both be online mode at the same time
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #3838
whomario
Pro Starter

Going on the assumption that you don´t want them to have their own accounts yet and they´d have to be on seperate machines anyway: Set up a "dummy account" for such purposes and gift extra copies to that account or simply chose a seperate payment method for that account (can´t you simply buy with steam credit and "load" the account with some money) ?

(not tried anything like that before though, just spitballing)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-06-2016 at 01:08 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #3839
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Anyone play Banished?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #3840
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Anyone play Banished?

There's a thread on it but I'm too lazy to find it

ETA: I got unlazy

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...light=banished

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-12-2016 at 12:28 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #3841
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Banished was a lot of fun. Once I got through my initial playthrough, I wasn't too amped to play it again, but there are apparently several mods out now that really flesh out the game.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #3842
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Thanks
Can't find how to search on Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2016, 05:32 AM   #3843
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Anyone for Rocket League tomorrow?
Old 02-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #3844
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

thought I'd hit paydirt yesterday when I stumbled across a game called Redemption: Eternal Quest. It's like an RPG for the sim sport crowd - you put together a roster of adventurers and send them out on quests, sign them to extended contracts, etc. Totally right up my alley

except it sucked. it wasn't fun at all and the interface may have been the worst I've ever seen. Not worth the $2.99 and I ended up returning it
Old 02-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #3845
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
thought I'd hit paydirt yesterday when I stumbled across a game called Redemption: Eternal Quest. It's like an RPG for the sim sport crowd - you put together a roster of adventurers and send them out on quests, sign them to extended contracts, etc. Totally right up my alley

except it sucked. it wasn't fun at all and the interface may have been the worst I've ever seen. Not worth the $2.99 and I ended up returning it
Now you got me interested. Right up my alley also and for 2.99 I may take the chance.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #3846
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now you got me interested. Right up my alley also and for 2.99 I may take the chance.

Me too!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #3847
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

hope you guys like it more than I did

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 02-14-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #3848
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That sounds like a cool concept that could be expanded.. Your team and an opposing team fight in identical arenas, battling over points given for damage dealt/damage taken, etc.. Would be cool in a multiplayer environment.

I better stop thinking about it or I am going to end up pining for a game that may never exist.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #3849
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Steam Review of Political Machine 2016:

The game meets a lot of basic functionalities to work as a fun casual diversion at times. The art is suitably fun and light-hearted. The game's mechanics are light as well, but they are more designed with a strategic game, rather than a more authentic political simulator. Indeed, the game's mechaicnes are more ofo a generic strategy one on the gameboard of a USA map rather than a poltical one.

Now havign said that, the game is still fine. I've owned and played every iteration of the game. I've never asked for my money back or anything. And this time, there is an addition of multiplayer for those interested.

But the game's engine lacks a lot of depth, and more importantly, very little change. The first version of the game had the same basic graphics, engine, concepts, and such. You spend your time colelcting various currencies you can use for purchasing things. Dollars and political capital can be spent for ads and endorsements as such.

But I'm going to leave the franchaise alone, barring major changes in the game of a deeper level. I don't need a new skin every few eyars with a new group of candidates that are currently in teh news.

Let me give you an example of one game mechanic that's simple, but could have been more. Endorsements:

In this game there are 11 endorsements. Ten are nromal, and one is a pseudo-endorsement to invest in your campaign structure that you can do later on after the ten are gone, so you won;t waste your points.

Five endorsements are related to each party - Republican and Democrat. If you have a Democrat candidate, then you have to spend double the capital to purchase a Republican affiliated endorsement, and vice versa. A simple game develops where you race your opponent to collect endorsements, and try to get them first. Simple mechanics result - you look at the map to figure out where the best endorsements will help you pull states, try to bring those in from your foe, and then hold serve on your own turf. But the concept is very simple, pure strategy. You could easily reskin the concept to anything else and it's have the same depth.

But you could flesh it out a lot more:

Take Jim Webb as an example. He's nnot a normal Democratic candidate. He's pro-gun, and he was an Under Secretery of Defense under Reagan for 3 years and Secretary of the Navy under him for another. However, in a debate, he stated that he was more "all lives matter" than "black lives matter". So you could give him teh Republication bonus to pull the gun lobby, but give him teh Republication penalty to pull the minority/black lobby.

And you could do this with others. Ben Carson could be easier to grab the black/minority endorsement, Rand Paul the civil rights one, and so forth. You could layer them in, and have more than just normal cost or double cost. Maybe it's 50% harder for a Rand Paul to get the Christian Confederation, or perhaps Bernie Sanders needs a 2.5 cost for pulling the US Chamber of Business rather than the normal penalty.

That would help.

And that's just one mechanic. You could similar flesh out the others. If this game had been really pushed between releases (And there's a lot of time between them, so that'd have been very likely) then you could have had a game that evolved with the times and was a real nice game today. But nope. It's the same game, but now with Donald Trump. Does it have 3rd parties or Independant folk? Nope. Does it have debate mechanics where you can try to go after your opponent live? Nope.

Hopefully you get the point. It's a quick game that you can pick up in a few minutes, win on your first go through, win one or twice more, and then put it down and finish with, "Is that all there is?"

Yes, that's all there is.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #3850
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
My Steam Review of Political Machine 2016:

Unrelated to steam but have you tried President Infinity from 270soft?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote