Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #3851
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I am comfortable being guarded by Nick Fury this evening. I think the Phoenix should switch from Aardwolf to yourself to ensure her protection, but that is entirely her decision.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #3852
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Are we concerned that there is any connection between Stryfe and Cable or is this coincidence in gaming?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #3853
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Are we concerned that there is any connection between Stryfe and Cable or is this coincidence in gaming?

I was sure folks would go out a research Stryfe.

In the comics, Stryfe is a clone of Cable. When Cable was an infant, Apocalypse infected him with a virus. Cable was taken into the future to cure this virus. They cloned him to save him in case anything went wrong. Apolcalypse kidnapped the clone, thinking it was Cable, to have a new body to put himself in. He found out that the baby was a clone, so raised the baby instead. Of course, the baby turned out to be evil!

I don't know how all of this plays into the game. Check out the Wiki for more details.

I don't knowif there is any connection as far as the mission goes. I am hoping that me being on the mission helps with the mission's success because of this connection. I could also hinder the mission because of it, but I am willing to take the risk.

If there are doubts about me going on the mission, I don't have to go.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #3854
Punisher
High School JV

Phoenix was in earlier and didn't make a change. I'll plan on taking the mission then. I'll hold off on making it official, I should be back in time.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #3855
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

SPECIAL ATTACK -- PROBABILITY MANIPULATION
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #3856
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
SPECIAL ATTACK -- PROBABILITY MANIPULATION

Am I correct in assuing that the goal of this is to assist the mission?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #3857
Spider-Man
n00b

I've been talking about attacking Silver Samurai for a while based on Magneto's analysis which clearly makes him a possible rebel. I've seen nothing that makes me think anyone else is a better target.

Attack Silver Samurai
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #3858
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Am I correct in assuing that the goal of this is to assist the mission?

Let me put it this way father -- what has the goal been every other time I've uttered those lines?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #3859
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Hence my assumption, daughter. I will be curious to see how you craft your helpful hex to specifically exempt me. If anyone could do it, it would be you.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #3860
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Exempt you? Why would I do that?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #3861
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Hence my assumption, daughter. I will be curious to see how you craft your helpful hex to specifically exempt me. If anyone could do it, it would be you.

What does this mean?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #3862
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

You are all so stunned that Magneto could crack a joke.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #3863
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Perhaps you would prefer the japes and buffoonery of the Punisher?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #3864
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc] nothing was meant or implied. We've been rp'ing a strained relationship throughout the game.[\ooc]
Old 10-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #3865
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
[ooc] nothing was meant or implied. We've been rp'ing a strained relationship throughout the game.[\ooc]

[ooc] no worries, I struggle to understand many things this game because I am not very familiar with the marvel universe. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that could be important
Old 10-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #3866
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I am heading into my lab until the night time (ooc: won't be back until after lynch on Thursdays). I will place my vote where I had decided this morning. I feel partially bad having to do this before he has any chance to defend himself, but right now the most negative points seem to be pointing at Silver Samurai. The lack of any knowledge of what he used as his special actions on multiple days, including the night that ProfessorX was killed with a blade is pretty condemning. The missions that he has gone on haven't really helped make him look much better either.

Standard Attack Silver Samurai
Old 10-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #3867
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Perhaps you would prefer the japes and buffoonery of the Punisher?
Which one of you wants shot first?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #3868
Punisher
High School JV

I'm going to commit.

GO ON MISSION

ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI
Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #3869
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I was going to wait for mission results but let me get the placeholder out there.

standard attack Silver Samurai
Old 10-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #3870
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I will be departing shortly. I hope to return before the day is done.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #3871
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Here and catching up
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #3872
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to catch up on posts, PMs, and have results out. Probably 15-20 minutes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #3873
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Seems clear there are two lead suspects based on the information we have. Looks like I was probably mistaken about the prelate I thought was guilty.

I had to leave before I could explain the results of my ability from earlier. I created my custom ability to be able to track where he goes and I made sure to create one that did not use up my special action for the day. The Shadow King is currently occupying Aardwolf.

If anything, this actually makes me feel more comfortable about Aardwolf not being a rebel.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #3874
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Also, based on the fact that the Shadow King is occupying Aardwolf, I feel better about the fact that Jean Grey probably did not have anything to do with his plans and he just wanted to kill her.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #3875
Punisher
High School JV

I doubt the King would have much of a preference for who he jumped to.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #3876
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm not sure, so far his two targets were both not rebels. If he is on the side of the rebels, it's likely Aardwolf is not a rebel. If he is simply a 3rd party, then I guess it's possible he could jump to a rebel.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #3877
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

My primary goal for tracking the Shadow King is so we know who he is, so as not to be manipulated by him. Honestly, I wanted a to create a power to kill him, but that would have required a night action, and it was clear you guys wouldn't have let me get what I needed to do that
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #3878
hoopsguy
General Manager

You note that Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlett Witch, is once again bending probability to her will.

Mission Participants: Phoenix, SilverSamurai, Cable, Magneto, Vision, Punisher

Mission Result: success, threat Stryfe has been detained, other foes eliminated
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #3879
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

So, whether you guys believe me or not, at least you'll know who else to have doubt in your mind about. Still for killing purposed, our primary goal is the rebels as has been said.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #3880
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Hmmm, I feel pretty good about the Scarlet Witch. She has helped a lot on mission and considering she has used the power twice before, it would have been very believable if she said she didn't have enough energy to use it again today.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #3881
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Standard Attack SilverSamurai

Really no reason for me to attack someone else as he's at the front of the suspect list and with less players we need all of the attacks we need to make sure we get a kill.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #3882
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Off to class, I will be back at late tonight well after deadline.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #3883
Cable
Mascot

Samurai, Punisher and Magneto take out some of the Reaver. Vision takes care of David Pierce (who's that?).

Stryfe and I battle it out, toe-to-toe. SOme kind of energy bubble surrounded us during the fight and that prevented Phoenix from doing anything.

I kicked his butt. We win.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #3884
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
You are all so stunned that Magneto could crack a joke.

I had a feeling. Rest assured I would not exempt you at the expense of victory over the rebels.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #3885
Aardwolf
n00b

standard attack silver samurai
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #3886
thephoenix
n00b

The silver samurai seems to be the popular choice. There is no issue here with that decision.

Attack Silver Samurai
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #3887
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

STANDARD ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI
Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #3888
SilverSamurai
n00b

You are all making a terrible choice. I made a very succinct point just a few hours before you all started to dogpile on me--I was the FIRST one to vote for Kang! He was under no suspicion at that point. No one had even really built a case against him. I even made bones about going after him the night before.

Do you all really think I am a rebel? Would a rebel be the first to vote on a fellow rebel, when he wasn't even suspected at that point (at least not openly)? You all come up with these grand plans, but you don't even stop to think things out.

Magneto has actually made a few attempts to drum up suspicion on me. I do not know why. He continues to get information wrong and lead you down the wrong path. The Destroyer mission was Day Three. I was not on the Destroyer mission (it is correct that I did not participate in a mission that day). Magneto said yesterday that I was on the Destroyer mission, a Galactus mission and the Annihilus mission. I responded to him last night, pointing out I was never on a Galactus mission, nor was I on the Destroyer mission. I was on the Annihilus mission, and I performed well there, and it was a success. I was on the Tokyo mission--a smashing success (the only mission where I was not named, though). I was on today's mission--another total success, and I again contributed to that success. In fact, every mission I have gone on has been a complete success.

Be careful of Magneto. I realize he has gotten much trust for his early participation in missions, but what has he done since? He is leading you down a false path, one that goes openly against the logic of my actions with respect to Kang.

It is true that my primary blade is a kitana; I don't hide that. I have even mentioned it before. That said, I did not kill Professor X. In fact, I did not take a special action that night at all. My special action is a very strong attack that uses up 6 points of EP, and which I can only use at night. That's a lot of energy--I certainly wasn't going to use all that when I did not have any clear suspects on Day Three. I did not use a Special Attack on Day Three for one reason--to conserve energy.

Day One was another matter. Not only did I not use a Special Action--I didn't do a Standard Attack either. I posted about it that night. I was unable to log on through my cell phone like I thought I would, so I was never able to post an attack or join a mission or announce any special attacks. Day One was a big fat zero for me. I am not able to be around the forum on workdays (like today).

I also have a very powerful weapon in my possession now, which I picked up in the Annihilus mission. I hinted at it two nights ago in conversations with Doom, saying I could kill anyone he wished, and need only tell me who. He decided he did not have any good candidate at the time and bid me wait. So I did.

I can't argue the logic of Magneto's analysis, but I can certainly argue the results. I don't know who killed Professor X, and I don't even have the capability to kill Dr. Strange in the way he appears to have died. Magneto is wrong, and has been wrong on a number of things, which concerns me. And has also received, IMO, a lot more trust than he deserves. I'm not saying he is the best candidate, but I think it is foolish of the team to follow him blindly.

Ask yourself again. If I am a rebel, why did I vote Kang? Early, early in the morning. Before Mr. Fantastic came out with anything? Before anyone spoke up against Kang? Before Kang sent Doom to the future? Before anyone was even really looking at him. Why would I, the hypothetical rebel, do that?

And then ask yourself if your attack today is so wise.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #3889
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
The Destroyer mission was Day Three. I was not on the Destroyer mission (it is correct that I did not participate in a mission that day). Magneto said yesterday that I was on the Destroyer mission, a Galactus mission and the Annihilus mission. I responded to him last night, pointing out I was never on a Galactus mission, nor was I on the Destroyer mission. I was on the Annihilus mission, and I performed well there, and it was a success. I was on the Tokyo mission--a smashing success (the only mission where I was not named, though). I was on today's mission--another total success, and I again contributed to that success. In fact, every mission I have gone on has been a complete success.

I can't argue the logic of Magneto's analysis, but I can certainly argue the results. I don't know who killed Professor X, and I don't even have the capability to kill Dr. Strange in the way he appears to have died. Magneto is wrong, and has been wrong on a number of things, which concerns me. And has also received, IMO, a lot more trust than he deserves. I'm not saying he is the best candidate, but I think it is foolish of the team to follow him blindly.

You are correct about the Destroyer mission being day 3. You are also corrrect in that you attended the Tokyo mission and did not receive mention. That mission was a rousing success, although not necessarily because of those who went on it. Which included myself.

I did not say that you went on a Galactus mission. I said that between you and someone else -- Cable perhaps, I'd have to hunt down the post -- you had only gone on those 3 missions.

I have not accused you of killing Dr. Strange. As I stated earlier, I do not know who would have the power to liquify him. That does not seem to fall within the powers you have exhibited to date.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #3890
thephoenix
n00b

That is a good question. I disregarded it because I already knew Kang was evil at that point. But you would not have known that.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #3891
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
That is a good question. I disregarded it because I already knew Kang was evil at that point. But you would not have known that.

He would have known it if Kang told his rebel compatriots he was going to eliminate Doom that day, which I presume he did.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #3892
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
You are correct about the Destroyer mission being day 3. You are also corrrect in that you attended the Tokyo mission and did not receive mention. That mission was a rousing success, although not necessarily because of those who went on it. Which included myself.

I did not say that you went on a Galactus mission. I said that between you and someone else -- Cable perhaps, I'd have to hunt down the post -- you had only gone on those 3 missions.

I have not accused you of killing Dr. Strange. As I stated earlier, I do not know who would have the power to liquify him. That does not seem to fall within the powers you have exhibited to date.

I will have to find the post, but, yes, you said I "only" went on the Galactus, Destroyer and Annihilus missions. To my recollection, I was the only one you mentioned in that post. Which I responded to then, as well, but you never answered back. And at the time you made that post, I had only been on two missions.

I never said you specifically used the words "Silver Samurai killed Dr. Strange", but the whole point of your analysis was that I had no special actions listed for Days One and Three. It seemed prudent to me to address that potential accusation before it came up.

Regardless, your analysis, however it was derived, has come to the wrong conclusion, and at this late point in the game, the village can ill afford mistakes.

What do you make of my Kang vote, Magneto?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #3893
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
He would have known it if Kang told his rebel compatriots he was going to eliminate Doom that day, which I presume he did.
He clearly was trying to talk his way out of stuff before killing Doom.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #3894
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:

Wow, you will go to any lengths.

When I die and am revealed to be on the side of good, mayhaps the rest of you will finally look more carefully at the metal-bending one. He is leading a witch hunt, and you are all sheep following his torch, going to kill a powerful friend and ally.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #3895
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
He clearly was trying to talk his way out of stuff before killing Doom.

Kang hadn't even posted that day before I posted my attack. I was one of the very first posts of the day, as I leave very early for work.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #3896
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I think that Kang's action against Dr. Doom was planned and that it is reasonable to assume that the whole rebel team knew what was coming.

Based on that premise, at the time you cast your vote for Kang, you knew what was coming. You also would have reasonably thought to yourself that Kang would surely be a goner. So, knowing what you knew, you placed an early vote on Kang so that you could point to it in exactly the circumstances in which you find yourself.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #3897
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
Kang hadn't even posted that day before I posted my attack. I was one of the very first posts of the day, as I leave very early for work.
So who are you going to attack?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #3898
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
I think that Kang's action against Dr. Doom was planned and that it is reasonable to assume that the whole rebel team knew what was coming.

Based on that premise, at the time you cast your vote for Kang, you knew what was coming. You also would have reasonably thought to yourself that Kang would surely be a goner. So, knowing what you knew, you placed an early vote on Kang so that you could point to it in exactly the circumstances in which you find yourself.

I obviously can't convince you. You are either blind or a rebel. You remind me of someone else I know in another life who locks into his target and won't budge, no matter the logic going against it.

I am sad that the village can be so led, but if that is the will of the village, so be it. I will not go quietly, though.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #3899
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
So who are you going to attack?

Why on Earth would I tell you now? You all have made your decisions. Lie in your beds.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #3900
Punisher
High School JV

That's what I want to know.