Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #3901
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
I obviously can't convince you.

Quote:
Why on Earth would I tell you now? You all have made your decisions. Lie in your beds.

Yet you've convinced me and won't allow me to help.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #3902
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
Yet you've convinced me and won't allow me to help.

Only three of you have responded so far. Every attack in this village is on me. And one of the three of you is doggedly convinced of my guilt. I am convinced I will die soon.

Rest assured, I have put aside my thoughts for vengeance, and will put my attack toward someone I believe is a rebel. So if I kill a fellow villager, my apologies, but if there's a chance I have hit on a rebel, I don't want to give them a chance to counter.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #3903
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

SInce I know he doesn't think much of my role inthis, I think discretion is probably the better part of valor.

Standard Defense
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #3904
SilverSamurai
n00b

STANDARD DEFENSE

DTANDARD ATTACK WITH CONTROL ROD AARDWOLF
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #3905
SilverSamurai
n00b

That should be

STANDARD ATTACK WITH CONTROL ROD AARDWOLF
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #3906
hoopsguy
General Manager

DTANDARD ATTACK - DISALLOWED. NO ATTACK BY SILVERSAMURAI.

I kid. Attack counts. Spelling is hard.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #3907
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
DTANDARD ATTACK - DISALLOWED. NO ATTACK BY SILVERSAMURAI.

I kid. Attack counts. Spelling is hard.

lmao...that woulda sucked.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #3908
hoopsguy
General Manager

Slowly but surely a consensus emerges on this day. The SilverSamurai, a member of your troop that has been a loner up to this point, must be a Rebel. Forces marshall, as nearly every one readies an attack.

SilverSamurai withdraws his trusty katana and is ready to strike. You notice that he has another item as well - the legendary Cosmic Control Rod, formerly possessed by Annihilus! Will this change things? For one of you it does, as he deflects the fiery attack of Phoenix back at her. But the rest of you succeed in waylaying the armored warrior. He is battered and bloodied.

But not yet bested, as he emits a massive wave of energy. The rest of you scatter, lest you be consumed by these energies. He focuses them on Aardwolf, who is consumed by blue-colored flames. Very, very dead.

The Samurai's injuries are not of the fatal variety. He lives into Night 8.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #3909
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damage Report:
Aardwolf - 17
Silver Samurai - 11
Phoenix - 3
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #3910
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
That should be

STANDARD ATTACK WITH CONTROL ROD AARDWOLF
Silver Samurai: That was folly indeed. The one person who believed you, will now cause you to suffer.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #3911
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
[color=#ff0000]SilverSamurai withdraws his trusty katana and is ready to strike. You notice that he has another item as well - the legendary Cosmic Control Rod, formerly possessed by Annihilus! Will this change things? For one of you it does, as he deflects the fiery attack of Phoenix back at her.

This is the evidence of your folly.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #3912
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
Silver Samurai: That was folly indeed. The one person who believed you, will now cause you to suffer.

I did not attack you. You attacked yourself. I have the ability to deflect energy attacks back at the attacker. I had a standard defense up for this.

I did not wish for you to be harmed, and for that I apologize. However, the only reason you came to any harm at all was because you attacked me. And considering you claimed you believed me, it is disappointing you still chose to not withdraw your attack.

Alas, I was wrong. Aardwolf was not a rebel. And I am close to death. I am surprised to be alive frankly.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #3913
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
I did not attack you. You attacked yourself. I have the ability to deflect energy attacks back at the attacker. I had a standard defense up for this.

I did not wish for you to be harmed, and for that I apologize. However, the only reason you came to any harm at all was because you attacked me. And considering you claimed you believed me, it is disappointing you still chose to not withdraw your attack.

Alas, I was wrong. Aardwolf was not a rebel. And I am close to death. I am surprised to be alive frankly.

You're a rebel looking to take out a loyalist right before you died since you knew we were going to kill you.

You'll die tomorrow.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #3914
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
You're a rebel looking to take out a loyalist right before you died since you knew we were going to kill you.

You'll die tomorrow.

And you will waste yet another day. If even outright evidence will not convince "heroes" like you and Magneto, then nothing will.

I surely hope a good player has a night kill action like I do. For it would be better for the village for them to put me out of misery, so that tomorrow you may all focus on actual rebels.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #3915
SilverSamurai
n00b

And, think on this. I chose Aardwolf.

Did you all not read what I did? Did you not see the power of that attack? Are any of you under any disillusionment that you would have lived had I chosen you? I assure you, you all, every one of you, even the Phoenix, would have died had I chosen to come after you.

If I am a rebel, then, why would I choose Aardwolf, one of the few remaining who is uncleared? Why would I not kill the far more cleared Magneto, who would also satisfy my itch for vendetta? Why would I not kill Mr. Fantastic? Or The Phoenix? These are some of the most cherished and cleared loyalists.

And yet, I attacked Aardwolf, who not only was not cleared, but, really, hadn't displayed even as much ability or given as much aid to the team as even I did.

Do I strike you all as unintelligent? Why would I (as the hypothetical rebel) choose Aardwolf? I had my reasons, ones that ended up being bad guesses, but he was no worse a choice than some others still left, and certainly on a shortlist of the remaining most suspected heroes.

But, relax, I am sure Magneto will be along shortly to say it was just one more step in my elaborate plan to put myself in the COT, starting with my vote on Kang.

What matter is it anyway? I am nearly dead. I lack the power to do anything but offer feeble defense now.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #3916
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

So any idea what happens to th Shadow King now?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #3917
Punisher
High School JV

Sammy makes a good point with taking out one of the "unknowns". That much makes sense to me.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #3918
Punisher
High School JV

Wait, wasn't Aardvark on guard duty? That's not good.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #3919
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

SS, I'm not sure I understand you -- do you think Magneto is good or not?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #3920
Punisher
High School JV

This game sure took a twist. I'm out for the night.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #3921
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Wait, wasn't Aardvark on guard duty? That's not good.

Nice. First, thanks for pointing this out. If Samurai isn't a rebel, they now know this.

Second, look who has been exposed.

Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #3922
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
SS, I'm not sure I understand you -- do you think Magneto is good or not?

Me myself? No, I have a nagging deep concern that he is actually bad. But the fact is, most of the rest of you trust him, and I can also see him as being a terribly misguided villager. I also thought I was allowing my feelings toward coming under his attack to color my judgment, and decided it would be better to stick with my original gut feeling, which was on Aardwolf.

If I followed my heart, Magneto would be dead now. Greater minds than I will have to decide if he is really good or not, and since I am close to death, I greatly doubt I will have a hand in determining his guilt or innocence.

And he may very well still be just a hero who jumped on some analysis based on a ptoentially false assumption. All I know for sure is that he seems to have trouble getting his facts straight with respect to me (the number and type of missions), and he went to rather extreme leaps to counter my very logical point about my vote for Kang. I leave all that for the rest of you to judge. It's my assumption I will either be dead in the morning, or surely tomorrow night.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #3923
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Me myself? No, I have a nagging deep concern that he is actually bad. But the fact is, most of the rest of you trust him, and I can also see him as being a terribly misguided villager. I also thought I was allowing my feelings toward coming under his attack to color my judgment, and decided it would be better to stick with my original gut feeling, which was on Aardwolf.

If I followed my heart, Magneto would be dead now. Greater minds than I will have to decide if he is really good or not, and since I am close to death, I greatly doubt I will have a hand in determining his guilt or innocence.

And he may very well still be just a hero who jumped on some analysis based on a ptoentially false assumption. All I know for sure is that he seems to have trouble getting his facts straight with respect to me (the number and type of missions), and he went to rather extreme leaps to counter my very logical point about my vote for Kang. I leave all that for the rest of you to judge. It's my assumption I will either be dead in the morning, or surely tomorrow night.

This just sounds like doubletalk. So, you felt that Magneto was a rebel, but didn't want to stick to your feelings, so you went with another feeling? It sounds like you still expect to die either way -- why not go with your feeling about Magneto? If you're right, you're a hero. If you're wrong, well you were probably going to die anyway.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #3924
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

There are several things that I am a bit dissapointed in about the way tonight went.. but not much that can be done about most of those. Today's lynch wasn't all bad though... One good thing came from it..

Since Aardwolf didn't die like Nightcrawler did, and no signs of the Shadow King... Nick Fury, would you like to modify your statement that you made earlier about where the Shadow King currently is?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #3925
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
This just sounds like doubletalk. So, you felt that Magneto was a rebel, but didn't want to stick to your feelings, so you went with another feeling? It sounds like you still expect to die either way -- why not go with your feeling about Magneto? If you're right, you're a hero. If you're wrong, well you were probably going to die anyway.

I was more certain that Aardwolf was a rebel than Magneto. I chose the way I felt best about getting a rebel. As I said, I did not trust myself and what I was thinking on Magneto. I was planning to die tonight, and to die as a hero, having taken a rebel with me. Oddly enough, neither happened, so here I am.

Why, do you believe Magneto is bad and wish I had attacked him instead?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #3926
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I was more certain that Aardwolf was a rebel than Magneto. I chose the way I felt best about getting a rebel. As I said, I did not trust myself and what I was thinking on Magneto. I was planning to die tonight, and to die as a hero, having taken a rebel with me. Oddly enough, neither happened, so here I am.

Why, do you believe Magneto is bad and wish I had attacked him instead?

I honestly don't know. I'm just surprised that, given your talk throughout the day, that you chose Aardwolf. So you were planning to die tonight? Do you have any idea how you didn't die, then?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #3927
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

It might be a good idea for us to not put Spiderman to guard duty tommorrow, so he is free to Web Silver Samurai tommorrow. I am still catching up on the posts that I missed while gone, so still have to read some of the longer ones. Maybe they will change my opinions.. Either way probably best to leave Spiderman available for his special action if we need it.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #3928
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
I honestly don't know. I'm just surprised that, given your talk throughout the day, that you chose Aardwolf. So you were planning to die tonight? Do you have any idea how you didn't die, then?

Not planning so much as assuming. Every hero left in the game had their attack on me. I have no idea how I lived. I did have my defense up, but it's not that powerful, IMO, and especially against those attacks. I have a feeling some heroes were really pulling their punches, only sending in 1 EP attacks, or something like that. Otherwise, I have no idea why I am still alive. I do know, based on the damage listed, that I am not in good shape at all.

As for Magneto, remember, my talk was in response to his attacks and his doggedness in coming after me, despite the logic of my arguments. And he had come after before. Can you see how I would decide I was probably letting emotion get in the way of my judgment? I assumed I was being harsh on Magneto. If the rest of the village had suspicions of him, I might have thought otherwise, but when I doubt if my own judgment is clear and unbiased, who can I turn to except the village, who I would guess to be more even-keeled on the whole? The consensus seemed to be that Magneto was a good guy, so I ignored my suspicions of him and went after a hero who I thought was a rebel without any apparent bias.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #3929
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
It might be a good idea for us to not put Spiderman to guard duty tommorrow, so he is free to Web Silver Samurai tommorrow. I am still catching up on the posts that I missed while gone, so still have to read some of the longer ones. Maybe they will change my opinions.. Either way probably best to leave Spiderman available for his special action if we need it.

You are free to do so if you wish, but I assure you, I have little health and no energy left. I used it all today. I will get some back, of course, enough to make a minimal attack or try to offer up a little defense, but that's about it. I may actually see if I can move the Control Rod to another hero, as I don't know if it would survive my death. It is a very powerful weapon (but it requires my energy to use, and I don't have any).

As I noted before, my special action (which is a night action, so I would use it now anyway, and you all couldn't really stop me from doing so) requires 6 EP, so I am very far from being able to do that.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #3930
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
You are free to do so if you wish, but I assure you, I have little health and no energy left. I used it all today. I will get some back, of course, enough to make a minimal attack or try to offer up a little defense, but that's about it. I may actually see if I can move the Control Rod to another hero, as I don't know if it would survive my death. It is a very powerful weapon (but it requires my energy to use, and I don't have any).

As I noted before, my special action (which is a night action, so I would use it now anyway, and you all couldn't really stop me from doing so) requires 6 EP, so I am very far from being able to do that.

I caught up on the thread and think I'll keep some of my thoughts to myself for the rest of the night. I think some of your actions/arguements today were not very villager friendly for a reason that I'm not going to get into tonight.. or it could be the case that you did what you did for exactly the reason you said. I am not sure right now but an pretty unhappy with at least one thing you did.

I've looked through a few things, and I think that there is at least one or two things that tonight may tell us, and perhaps it might even help us find out if the fundamental case against you was flawed, even though that does not prove your innocence.

So I'll just leave things as is until the morning.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #3931
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
I caught up on the thread and think I'll keep some of my thoughts to myself for the rest of the night. I think some of your actions/arguements today were not very villager friendly for a reason that I'm not going to get into tonight.. or it could be the case that you did what you did for exactly the reason you said. I am not sure right now but an pretty unhappy with at least one thing you did.

I've looked through a few things, and I think that there is at least one or two things that tonight may tell us, and perhaps it might even help us find out if the fundamental case against you was flawed, even though that does not prove your innocence.

So I'll just leave things as is until the morning.

Well, the village was hardly very friendly to me, was it? You expect me to be nice and willing to go quietly to my end?

I don't know what you're unhappy about, but I know what I am unhappy about--that my Aardwolf guess was a blatant blunder. I suppose I should have killed Magneto after all. For that mistake alone, I expect to die. I made a mistake, but I also feel I was forced to make this decision tonight and under pressure. If Aardwolf had been a rebel, my announcement of him being a target might have allowed the rebels to rally some form of defense for him. If I was not made the target on bad information and poor logic, which none of you chose to challenge today, despite the information being there to get, I would not have made this attack tonight. I would have done what I had been doing, do the lightest attack--with my kitana--on someone I have suspicions about, and conserve my energy once more for the greater good down the road, or maybe using my special attack tonight on someone.

But I was forced to defend myself. And here we are.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #3932
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Well, the village was hardly very friendly to me, was it? You expect me to be nice and willing to go quietly to my end?

I don't know what you're unhappy about, but I know what I am unhappy about--that my Aardwolf guess was a blatant blunder. I suppose I should have killed Magneto after all. For that mistake alone, I expect to die. I made a mistake, but I also feel I was forced to make this decision tonight and under pressure. If Aardwolf had been a rebel, my announcement of him being a target might have allowed the rebels to rally some form of defense for him. If I was not made the target on bad information and poor logic, which none of you chose to challenge today, despite the information being there to get, I would not have made this attack tonight. I would have done what I had been doing, do the lightest attack--with my kitana--on someone I have suspicions about, and conserve my energy once more for the greater good down the road, or maybe using my special attack tonight on someone.

But I was forced to defend myself. And here we are.

I can understand the need to defend yourself. Even with your arguements today, I still think much is left unanswered, and plenty that I could poke holes through. I still think out of everyone left, your record was the worst going into today, and the kill of Aardwolf and saving yourself from lynch is at best a neutral move as far as my feelings about you.

I am going to bed now, and I am pretty sure you'll be around to discuss your guilt or innocence further tommorrow. I want to see how a few things shake out tonight that I already passed along to thephoenix via PM in case something happens to me tonight. Once I get that datapoint, I'll proceed. And I will be around at deadline tommorrow for you to defend your case as much as you want with me around (unlike today)
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #3933
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
I can understand the need to defend yourself. Even with your arguements today, I still think much is left unanswered, and plenty that I could poke holes through. I still think out of everyone left, your record was the worst going into today, and the kill of Aardwolf and saving yourself from lynch is at best a neutral move as far as my feelings about you.

I am going to bed now, and I am pretty sure you'll be around to discuss your guilt or innocence further tommorrow. I want to see how a few things shake out tonight that I already passed along to thephoenix via PM in case something happens to me tonight. Once I get that datapoint, I'll proceed. And I will be around at deadline tommorrow for you to defend your case as much as you want with me around (unlike today)

Actually, tomorrow may at best be a repeat of today, where I will not be around at all all day until near the deadline. And I may not even return for the deadline, since I will put in my moves early on and it is my belief I will die either tonight or tomorrow.

So whatever data point you believe you will get, I will probably not hear it. I am a loyalist, so if the data point is true, it should show that. If it does not for some reason, oh well, my death will finally prove it. And if it does show it, I will be dead shortly thereafter, for not only will I then be a proven good guy, but one with a powerful weapon who needs only a couple days to build up enough strength to kill again. No rebel would allow to live with that power (but they will wait to see if you guys do their dirtywork for them, which I am assuming you all will).
Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #3934
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
There are several things that I am a bit dissapointed in about the way tonight went.. but not much that can be done about most of those. Today's lynch wasn't all bad though... One good thing came from it..

Since Aardwolf didn't die like Nightcrawler did, and no signs of the Shadow King... Nick Fury, would you like to modify your statement that you made earlier about where the Shadow King currently is?

I will let you know tomorrow where he is, I can only track him once per day.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #3935
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

However I do know that the Shadow King is still alive. I'll let you know tomorrow where he is.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #3936
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

The Vision has returned, fresh from taking the fight to an organized yet inferior rebel force in territory to the West [ OOC just got home from work ]. Now shall I begin to review the event records of the day.

Quote:
Wasn't just you, Vision also placed an attack and said he would be back later. It just had me curious is all. I just think in this case with a mission we need to win, starting off with everyone throwing out special powers or defenses or whatever this point in the day takes away from our chance in winning the mission (especially since Cable is one of the few on the mission right now).

After the mission, I am sure I'll have weighed all of the data available to us carefully enough to try to make a decision on where to attack for today.

Richards, you'll perhaps note that I stated my intention to be away from this petty and circular bickering for two consecutive nights. Yet would I not allow a day to go by without indicating my distrust of one of you by way of inflicting damage. Thus my early action, and subsequent absence.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #3937
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I am basing this line of investigation on the belief that a night kill is like a special action -- if you guard, go on a mission, or use another special action during the day, you cannot perform a night kill.

That said, ther are a lot of living day one unknowns:
Day 1 Unknowns (Liquifaction): Cable, Aardwolf, Fury, Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Silver Samurai
Day 2 (Explosion): Kang, Spider-Man
Day 3 (Decapitation): Mr F, Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Silver Samurai
Day 4: Beast, and Firebird said he did it.
Day 5 (Squashed Pym)-- I'll have to look up who was assigned to guard
Day 6 (Psionic): Vision, Mr. F,
Day 7 (Charring): Vision, Magneto, Phoenix

Magneto is to be commended, this is excellent work indeed.

Quote:
]Special Actions participated in, v7.3:
(Through Day 7; Added what I could find for Day 5)

14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown

I believe I can fill in some of the gaps here, in fact I did so previously when you had posted an earlier iteration of this table, Erik. I must check my memory banks, and I will respond as to what I did, if anything, on these nights. Reed is justified in his suspicion, based on this information.

Quote:
well it is even more telling when on Day 6, you have Vision and myself listed.. and that was the day I used my special action to use Doom's hounds to identify Kang as a bad guy... That leaves just one person there.

I hadn't brought this up earlier in public because I didn't really want to go down the path of hunting prelates.. but mentioned it in private to thephoenix... Vision was also left unguarded last night. No kill on him and instead a kill on mimic told me that either there were no wolf prelates, or Vision was bad as well...

Point taken, Dr. Richards. I know that the table is not entirely accurate, but I know there has been at least one or two nights during which I did no action at all. I will look and see.

Going back to our supposition that the method of murder might lead to the culprit, though, what are your thoughts about you and I being implicated in a psionic attack? We are certainly not known for this ability, my friend.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #3938
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
So far Colossus, Quicksilver and Ghost Rider have pledged to this very important task. Scarlet Witch pledges to help from earth. I would see more pledge their energy to it.

Mimic, you possess the power to make this mission succeed singlehandedly with your energy stores. Prove your loyalty to Doom by eradicating the rebellion today.

Here are the Strike Teams Doom suggests. Disagree if you wish, but unexplained insubordination will be suspect.

Rebel Mission
Colossus
Emma Frost
Firebird
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Mimic
Quicksilver
Silver Surfer

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf
Beast
Cable
Henry Pym
Hulk
Kang
Vision

Tonight's Guards
Magneto
Nick Fury
Punisher
Silver Samurai
Spiderman

Mr. Fantastic I will expect you to open the portal to the Negative Zone tonight.

ALL HAIL DOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Very well, as you wish. I find my energy reserves waning, yet shall I hurl myself at this monster, impeding his foul designs to the very last.

Aardwolf, Beast, Cable, Goliath, Hulk, and Kang -- ASSEMBLE!!!

ATTACK GALACTUS (DENSITY CONTROL)

As noted, night 4 I was ordered and agreed to attack Galactus.

14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Galactus, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #3939
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The Vision will be away on matters of importance in a parallel dimension much of the day, therefore must he make known his plans now.

Return before the mission deadline is possible, but unlikely.

COMMIT TO MISSION AGAINST REBELS

As noted, night 5 I volunteered to take the fight to the rebels.

14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Galactus, Mission, Unknown, Unknown
Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 AM   #3940
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
There is a possibility that the Vision shall not be available much, or at all Tuesday. I expect to be in at some point before the deadline of our attacks, but i am not sure. Therefore, I shall place my attack upon the one individual against whom I believe a reasonably sturdy case can be made:

ATTACK NICK FURY

Quote:
ORDER AARDWOLF TO GUARD VISION

Quote:
ORDER AARDWOLF TO GUARD VISION

And with that, it appears that I must do diagnostic work on my voice actuator. I hope to see you all again soon, but cannot count on it.

[ OOC - Tuesday was the day of the funeral. I was going straight from work to the funeral, so in case I didn't make it in, I sent these actions in Monday night. ]

14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Galactus, Mission, Real Life, Unknown
Old 10-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #3941
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
[ OOC! - Just got done with family stuff, have to get up in 4.5 hours for work. I desperately need guidance on what's going on, and what DrDoom needs from me. I do see that we got the Herald, and apparently NIck Fury was Shadow King? Very good news! ]

This strangely formatted missive was the first communication from me upon my return Tuesday night.

Quote:
It is with appreciation that I note the Powers' understanding of my intent. I expected to (and indeed this turned out to be so) be absent for the entire day, and did not want to either forego my attack (you'll note, the first on the Shadow King), nor to abdicate my responsibility as Prelate to order protection.

My choice of Aardwolf sprang from twofold considerations: a) that Aardwolf is not of a perceived power level to hold value in a Galactus mission, and the rebel missions are random enough that his value cannot be ascertained in advance, and b) I have mistrust still of Aardwolf, and was loathe to allow him time to do potential misdeeds on his own.

I have not read further yet, I am hoping that this action on my part has not resulted in added difficulties for the reign of Doom.

Another note: it may be correctly pointed out that the Vision failed to volunteer for either mission, and I believe this bears explanation. I expended every last vestige of my energy in the standard + special attack on Quicksilver, believing that he would be very elusive and difficult for us to hit, and therefore we must each do maximum possible damage were we able to make a successful strike. Also, not knowing the nature of the day's mission, I chose to forego enlistment, for the first time all game.

Here I both hinted again at the reason for my absence, in such a way as to avoid any jarring out-of-character moments for the reader, and also noted why I chose not to volunteer for either Tuesday mission.

Quote:
I regret that my reserves of alertness are failing me at the moment, but I cannot wait longer to act.

I shall do my best to support our effort, based on limited information.

I intend to return and be able to contribute well before Wednesday night's deadline. In the meantime, I'll not allow it to be said that the Vision is unwilling to assist where needed:

JOIN REBEL/NON-GALACTUS MISSION, WHATEVER IT PROVES TO BE

Here, I intimated that matters of grave concern might pull me away for the day, but volunteered in advance for a mission against the rebel faction.

You may recall that it was after this point, when I was away organizing the defense of our holdings against troublesome foes, the the mystical and mysterious "Hoopsguy" made an announcement that there would in fact be no rebel mission that day. Thus was the Vision denied an opportunity to share the glory of the final defeat of Galactus. Rest assured, though, that I observed with great interest and approval, the valor of those of you who brought the Savager of Worlds to his knees.

14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Galactus, Mission, Real Life, Volunteered for Mission which never happened[/quote]

I trust that you will find this rebuttal accurate, helpful, and illuminating. I want Reed to know that I absolutely understand the reasoning behind his mistrust, but I believe that this series of reminders will serve to allay his fears.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #3942
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
In fairness, can anyone verify the special actions of Mr. F?

A fair question, Erik. He did produce the Negative Zone device, and I seem to recall he claimed it took more than a day to produce... I do not know if that's true, it could be a brilliant cover for misdeeds.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #3943
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Seems clear there are two lead suspects based on the information we have. Looks like I was probably mistaken about the prelate I thought was guilty.

I had to leave before I could explain the results of my ability from earlier. I created my custom ability to be able to track where he goes and I made sure to create one that did not use up my special action for the day. The Shadow King is currently occupying Aardwolf.

If anything, this actually makes me feel more comfortable about Aardwolf not being a rebel.

I wonder if anyone else finds this suspicious.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:01 AM   #3944
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
You note that Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlett Witch, is once again bending probability to her will.

Mission Participants: Phoenix, SilverSamurai, Cable, Magneto, Vision, Punisher

Mission Result: success, threat Stryfe has been detained, other foes eliminated

A successful result. Everyone except for the former Ms. Grey seemed to contribute.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #3945
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
A successful result. Everyone except for the former Ms. Grey seemed to contribute.

That was poorly worded, at best. It's just that the one action I noticed her attempt to do, failed. Cable distinguished himself in particular.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 AM   #3946
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

* For just a moment, you think you see what passes for amusement cross the crimson visage of the Vision - but then it is gone, so quickly you cannot be sure what you saw *

Yes, Reed, I was thinking the same thing. Nick Fury is regathering the storm clouds of ditrust around himself.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #3947
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
That was poorly worded, at best. It's just that the one action I noticed her attempt to do, failed. Cable distinguished himself in particular.
I don't believe I have her mentioned in my PM at all.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #3948
Punisher
High School JV

Confirmed, at least in my PM it doesn't appear she contributed.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 AM   #3949
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another night, another gruesome death. This time, however, it is one of your Prelates. Phoenix was savagely beaten in her quarters. None that arrived on the scene were able to locate an attacker.

Is the death of a Prelate enough to tip the battle to the Rebels? Not yet - there is still fight left in all of you, but you realize that you have just lost a major asset.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #3950
hoopsguy
General Manager

No mission on this day. Please proceed with devouring each other instead of alien invaders, third party villains, or rogue nations.