Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #351
miami_fan
Coordinator

If the refs are not going to call a penalty when the defender pulls on the striker's arm in the box if the striker's remains on his feet, it is not wonder that strikers fall down in the box at the slightest contact to draw penalties.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #352
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
If the refs are not going to call a penalty when the defender pulls on the striker's arm in the box if the striker's remains on his feet, it is not wonder that strikers fall down in the box at the slightest contact to draw penalties.

Is that from Spurs/Sunderland? Agreed. Defoe earned a penalty, but stayed up and completed the shot. Should still be called.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #353
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Arsenal could have lost 4-0 to the Orcs today, and i still would have had a decent day. I never, ever, ever get tired of watching Mou lose.

The only thing that sucks is it's going to be a REALLY pissed off Chelsea team next week. Going to be a tough game to win.

Only the second time Mourinho has lost back to back games with Chelsea.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #354
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

This is kind of where I'm going with it too. yesterday Giroud was yanked down by his arm in the box without a call. For complete honesty, Arsenal were up 2-0 at the time with about 30 seconds left on the clock. . . but a penalty is a penalty.

The garbage I see on corners is strange to me as well. What would be a clear cut foul in the field of play becomes nothing when the play is a corner.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #355
kingfc22
Head Coach

And Leicester come back down 0-2 after 70 minutes to win 3-2. They are on some kind of crazy run dating back to last year.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #356
Grover
Pro Starter

Payet was absolutely fantastic tonight. Great home win for the Hammers.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #357
kingfc22
Head Coach

Didn't see nor do I want to, but sounds like Luke Shaw suffered an awful leg injury today.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #358
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Didn't see nor do I want to, but sounds like Luke Shaw suffered an awful leg injury today.
Broken leg is the latest rumor. Poor guy...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #359
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

double leg fracture. Fucking hell of an injury
Old 09-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #360
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Impressive display from Juve. Same old shit from City. Playing catch-up from the get-go once again.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 09-15-2015 at 09:43 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #361
Critch
lolzcat

Outside chance that Italy will overtake England in the UEFA coefficients this year, dropping England down to 4th in the rankings and dropping the EPL down to only 3 Championship League places.

If it doesnt happen this year, good chance for next year though. Italy's bad 2011/2012 will be too far back to count in the rankings, so that'll give them a boost.

Unless EPL teams do better than they have the last couple of years, they'll be down into the second tier of European leagues, and the EPL "4th place trophy" will be worthless.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #362
miami_fan
Coordinator

I just got home from my son's soccer game and I turned on NBCSN. Of course Diego Costa got a Arsenal player sent off. Gabriel can't allow himself to be pulled into that sort of shenanigans but especially not with Costa. Really showed a lack of mental strength with that sort of petulance when everyone knows what Costa is trying to do. .

With that said, I would expect every manager for the rest of the year to go all Phil Jackson at their pre match press conference and draw attention to Costa's BS.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #363
kingfc22
Head Coach

What a mockery that match was. How Costa wasn't sent off as well is a joke.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #364
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I just got home from my son's soccer game and I turned on NBCSN. Of course Diego Costa got a Arsenal player sent off. Gabriel can't allow himself to be pulled into that sort of shenanigans but especially not with Costa. Really showed a lack of mental strength with that sort of petulance when everyone knows what Costa is trying to do. .

With that said, I would expect every manager for the rest of the year to go all Phil Jackson at their pre match press conference and draw attention to Costa's BS.

Honestly, I'm beyond sick of people saying "He should have kept his composure, it's his fault"

In the context of soccer, it's true, he should have kept his composure. But he's got Fing claw marks on his neck. Costa is elbowing and slapping people in the face and nothing is done about it. I do not wish injury on any player, but I really think the world would be a better place of Costa had a career ending injury.

It's a travesty that he is allowed to do what he does and people "blame" the other players on the pitch. Ya know what? NO. Not just NO, but hell no. The guy is a disgrace to soccer and should not be allowed within 100 yards of any stadium on match day. Instead of consistently sending off the people who fight back against this thug, why not send him off for violent conduct about 5 games in a row and teach HIM that this garbage is unacceptable?

Seriously, F Costa. He's a worthless piece of garbage. Why the EPL refs continue to allow this is beyond a mystery to me.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #365
Easy Mac

Even as someone who hates City, this game is immensely entertaining
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #366
AlexB
Pro Starter

Hands up if you thought Leicester would be the last undefeated team in the league? Come on you Foxes! Foxes never quit!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #367
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i figured id post this here:

Townsends big breasted GF confuses Football manager with real life Spurs winger’s Irish girlfriend hilariously confuses Football Manager with real life - Yahoo Sport

Last edited by bulletsponge : 09-19-2015 at 06:28 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #368
Grover
Pro Starter

Completely shit the bed hosting Leicester and Bournemouth.

Unbeatable on the road against the top six. Insane.

I am loving life with Slaven Bilic.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #369
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Honestly, I'm beyond sick of people saying "He should have kept his composure, it's his fault"

In the context of soccer, it's true, he should have kept his composure. But he's got Fing claw marks on his neck. Costa is elbowing and slapping people in the face and nothing is done about it. I do not wish injury on any player, but I really think the world would be a better place of Costa had a career ending injury.

It's a travesty that he is allowed to do what he does and people "blame" the other players on the pitch. Ya know what? NO. Not just NO, but hell no. The guy is a disgrace to soccer and should not be allowed within 100 yards of any stadium on match day. Instead of consistently sending off the people who fight back against this thug, why not send him off for violent conduct about 5 games in a row and teach HIM that this garbage is unacceptable?

Seriously, F Costa. He's a worthless piece of garbage. Why the EPL refs continue to allow this is beyond a mystery to me.

In the context of the laws of the game, Costa would have been sent off. But you and I both know that the EPL is addicted to its narrative. They love the physical style that Costa plays with. Costa is either going to physically impose himself on those players he feels are weak or he is going to dive and try to get a player who he does not think he can intimidate sent off. We can go ahead and write the same script for every Chelsea league opponent moving forward. He has done the same thing in every game this season. It might change if the first time a ref saw incidents like today, they came with a yellow (or red) right out the box. But we know that is not going to happen in the EPL. The refs are going to give Costa one or two opportunities to leave a mark on an opponent before they even think it giving a card. This is not the case when he plays for Spain. I don't remember it happening when he was at Athletico Madrid.

The other thing is Arsenal can't be the club to complain about this style of play. Again, the narrative does not allow for it. I have not read any of the analysis as of yet but I am sure people are reminding Wenger that he should have signed a physical presence aka thug to deal with Costa or to leave boot imprints on Hazard and Cesc if Costa is going to make it that sort of game.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #370
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
This is not the case when he plays for Spain. I don't remember it happening when he was at Athletico Madrid.

It's nothing to do with the EPL, Costa has always played like that, anything he can do to try and get a violent response from a defender. He headbutted a Dutch defender away from play at the World Cup, there was uproar in Spain when he blew his nose into his hand and threw it in Sergio Ramos's face in a game against Real.

Hopefully the FA will give his a retrospective red card for today.

On another subject, cant recommend NGSN.com highly enough for anybody wanting to watch live soccer from leagues not normally covered. Their coverage is great for Argentina/Netherlands/Russia/Portugal/Chile and a few other leagues for $9 per month. Watched the Boca Junors game earlier today, Carlos Tevez back playing in Argentina. Two good goals, then snapped an opponents leg with a shocking over-the-ball tackle and didnt even get booked.

Last edited by Critch : 09-19-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:48 AM   #371
bhlloy
Coordinator

Costa should absolutely get suspended because of Dean saw the start of that it would have been an obvious red card. He should have got a second yellow for putting his head into the back of Gabriel right before the red. Dean handled that entire situation absolutely abysmally, always been a shit overrated ref in my book
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #372
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
In the context of the laws of the game, Costa would have been sent off. But you and I both know that the EPL is addicted to its narrative. They love the physical style that Costa plays with. Costa is either going to physically impose himself on those players he feels are weak or he is going to dive and try to get a player who he does not think he can intimidate sent off. We can go ahead and write the same script for every Chelsea league opponent moving forward. He has done the same thing in every game this season. It might change if the first time a ref saw incidents like today, they came with a yellow (or red) right out the box. But we know that is not going to happen in the EPL. The refs are going to give Costa one or two opportunities to leave a mark on an opponent before they even think it giving a card. This is not the case when he plays for Spain. I don't remember it happening when he was at Athletico Madrid.

The other thing is Arsenal can't be the club to complain about this style of play. Again, the narrative does not allow for it. I have not read any of the analysis as of yet but I am sure people are reminding Wenger that he should have signed a physical presence aka thug to deal with Costa or to leave boot imprints on Hazard and Cesc if Costa is going to make it that sort of game.

I know what you're saying and you are dead right on all of it. . . but it simply drains my enjoyment of the game. If there were 10 or 12 Costa type players in each league, I would simply stop watching soccer. It wouldn't be worth it to me. It's not just that he's a thug, it's that he consistently gets away with it. 3 stamps on Liverpool players, no red. The game yesterday was a disgrace. The ref decided the outcome of that game. (and lets face it, it was NO SURPRISE that the ref who screwed Arsenal was Mike Dean)

At the end of the day, I'd be beside myself if this happened to Man U. Seriously, I would be screaming the Wayne Rooney was screwed if Costa pulled this on him. You know it has reached an unacceptable level when I am defending that guy.

Wenger said two, but rewatching it this morning, I think Costa should have had reds on THREE different occasions. The multiple slaps to the face on Kos, the scratch to the neck of Gabriel and multiple yellows for other violations. Then Gabriel gets send off because he lifted his foot backwards? This is seriously an integrity of the game issue and it is disgusting that everything you say will be the result.

Again, I'm just so tired of everyone saying that the OTHER people who are getting mugged by this piece of human garbage are the ones getting criticized. They are coming to play soccer. Instead they are ordered to go into the sewage with this clown.

(Note: If I ever run for president and PC police start tracking my posts, he isn't a thug because he's Spanish or Brazilian or because of the color of his skin. He's a thug, a piece of garbage, and pure sewage based on the fact he is all of those things)
Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #373
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I know what you're saying and you are dead right on all of it. . . but it simply drains my enjoyment of the game. If there were 10 or 12 Costa type players in each league, I would simply stop watching soccer. It wouldn't be worth it to me. It's not just that he's a thug, it's that he consistently gets away with it. 3 stamps on Liverpool players, no red. The game yesterday was a disgrace. The ref decided the outcome of that game. (and lets face it, it was NO SURPRISE that the ref who screwed Arsenal was Mike Dean)

At the end of the day, I'd be beside myself if this happened to Man U. Seriously, I would be screaming the Wayne Rooney was screwed if Costa pulled this on him. You know it has reached an unacceptable level when I am defending that guy.

Wenger said two, but rewatching it this morning, I think Costa should have had reds on THREE different occasions. The multiple slaps to the face on Kos, the scratch to the neck of Gabriel and multiple yellows for other violations. Then Gabriel gets send off because he lifted his foot backwards? This is seriously an integrity of the game issue and it is disgusting that everything you say will be the result.

Again, I'm just so tired of everyone saying that the OTHER people who are getting mugged by this piece of human garbage are the ones getting criticized. They are coming to play soccer. Instead they are ordered to go into the sewage with this clown.

(Note: If I ever run for president and PC police start tracking my posts, he isn't a thug because he's Spanish or Brazilian or because of the color of his skin. He's a thug, a piece of garbage, and pure sewage based on the fact he is all of those things)

We agree much more on this than we disagree. Yes, Costa deserves criticism for the way he plays in the same way someone like Brandon Meriweather deserves criticism for the way he plays. The one disagreement I see is that I do think other people deserve a certain amount of criticism in dealing with him. Whether you are agree or not, the officials and the NFL have made it clear that Meriweather's style of play is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. IMO a lion's share of the criticism in the dealings with Costa goes to the refs and the league for allowing this to go on. It is not behavior that was tolerated when Balotelli and Suarez did it similar things in recent years. Those players received special attention and no benefit of the the doubt from the match official at the start of every match. The fact that Costa does not receive the same treatment is puzzling to me. If the match officials are not going to deal with Costa, it is up to the other players to either stay above the fray(recommended) or make Chelsea FC pay with similar behavior either to Costa or one of the other star players. We tell players to adjust to the way the officials are calling the game all the time and to no take the law into their own hands. As long as Costa is allowed to play the way he is playing, opposing players need to adjust accordingly.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #374
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Costa should absolutely get suspended because of Dean saw the start of that it would have been an obvious red card. He should have got a second yellow for putting his head into the back of Gabriel right before the red. Dean handled that entire situation absolutely abysmally, always been a shit overrated ref in my book

This to me is SO true - Costa did so much stuff that required him to be sent off far in advance of any retaliation.

I don't condone the retaliation, but in light of what was endured I think its farcical he was sent off when Costa hadn't been previously.

Costa putting his hand in someones face THREE times within a minute was unbelievable.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #375
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
We agree much more on this than we disagree. Yes, Costa deserves criticism for the way he plays in the same way someone like Brandon Meriweather deserves criticism for the way he plays. The one disagreement I see is that I do think other people deserve a certain amount of criticism in dealing with him. Whether you are agree or not, the officials and the NFL have made it clear that Meriweather's style of play is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. IMO a lion's share of the criticism in the dealings with Costa goes to the refs and the league for allowing this to go on. It is not behavior that was tolerated when Balotelli and Suarez did it similar things in recent years. Those players received special attention and no benefit of the the doubt from the match official at the start of every match. The fact that Costa does not receive the same treatment is puzzling to me. If the match officials are not going to deal with Costa, it is up to the other players to either stay above the fray(recommended) or make Chelsea FC pay with similar behavior either to Costa or one of the other star players. We tell players to adjust to the way the officials are calling the game all the time and to no take the law into their own hands. As long as Costa is allowed to play the way he is playing, opposing players need to adjust accordingly.

We do agree on this. I think it's just pathetic that the league doesn't agree.

As for the "not get involved" vs. resort to cheap shots, I personally would rather go with option C. Sign an MMA fighter up. Put him in after you get a red card for dealing with this guy and have him light him up (preferably breaking multiple bones).

I never, ever, ever cheer for injuries. Costa deserves a career ender and I would forgive any player who does it in a second if they did it intentionally.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #376
The Jackal
Coordinator

Coming in late to this, but it was so shocking that Costa wasn't sent off immediately for the two hands to the face, followed by the arm to the face, followed by the aggressive chest bump to the ground.

Yes, Gabriel did something foolish but even that looked like nothing, and to overlook all of what Costa did, then not even see what Gabriel did and base it on a linesman's view of something that happened at midfield in a crowd.. terrible.

It was a good game before that, though Chelsea had the upper hand. It's been a huge bummer to have 10 men for significant portions the last two games, makes it a lot less fun to watch.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #377
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Hands up if you thought Leicester would be the last undefeated team in the league? Come on you Foxes! Foxes never quit!

Bah. Thanks for another disappointment for Stoke!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #378
Grover
Pro Starter

West Ham's pre-match odds of winning their three massive away matches.

At Arsenal: 13 percent
At Liverpool: 19 percent
At Manchester City 7 percent

Old 09-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #379
Grover
Pro Starter

http://www.football365.com/news/cost...-conduct-by-fa

imagine that.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #380
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

Now hopefully they review Mike Dean as well.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #381
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Now hopefully they review Mike Dean as well.

Definitely!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:18 PM   #382
TroyF
Coordinator

Mike Dean had NO choice but to say he didn't see it all.

Had he wrote in his report that he saw even 10% of what actually happened he would have been fired for fixing matches or pure incompetence.

As it is, Dean should be suspended with the same one Costa gets. It was unimaginable how horrible that reffing was. But again. . . F Costa for putting everyone in that situation to begin with. Whatever he gets, it won't be enough.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #383
kingfc22
Head Coach

And Gabriel's suspension has been lifted for the red card. How about taking away points if this decision was so obviously erroneous.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #384
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

These types of controversies always make me wonder why soccer doesn't have additional officials on the pitch. It seems that every other sport has more than one ref generally in position to make a call. Soccer asks one ref and two linesmen (with limited visibility and ability to be in a good position) to cover 22 players and a large playing surface. It seems an extremely difficult ask of any ref to see what he is being asked to see. Dean did screw up on the weekend, but having only one ref in a soccer game seems to make things extremely difficult for officials in the sport. Another ref or two may have caught Costa's face raking sooner and cut things off before Gabriel's red.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #385
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
These types of controversies always make me wonder why soccer doesn't have additional officials on the pitch. It seems that every other sport has more than one ref generally in position to make a call. Soccer asks one ref and two linesmen (with limited visibility and ability to be in a good position) to cover 22 players and a large playing surface. It seems an extremely difficult ask of any ref to see what he is being asked to see. Dean did screw up on the weekend, but having only one ref in a soccer game seems to make things extremely difficult for officials in the sport. Another ref or two may have caught Costa's face raking sooner and cut things off before Gabriel's red.

This^1000.

The standard is one official per 3 players--7 or 8 for 22 in football, 4 for 12 in hockey, 3 for 10 in basketball. Soccer is way behind on this, and it shows.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #386
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
This^1000.

The standard is one official per 3 players--7 or 8 for 22 in football, 4 for 12 in hockey, 3 for 10 in basketball. Soccer is way behind on this, and it shows.

Football has one official per 7 players (one per 4.5 in Europe), one per 10 players in rugby union, one per 9 players in rugby league, one per 9 in hockey.Aussie rules and lacrosse are similar numbers...

I would suggest that soccer is in fact line with most team sports, and the US sports are over officiated if anything

Last edited by AlexB : 09-22-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #387
bhlloy
Coordinator

With rugby (despite the World Cup grumbling going on) using the TMO so well, there absolutely zero reason it shouldn't be done in soccer. Maybe limit it to penalty and red card/violent conduct decisions but there are absolutely no reasons it doesn't make sense in a game that is regularly stopped for minutes while players argue with the refs over big decisions anyway.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #388
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
With rugby (despite the World Cup grumbling going on) using the TMO so well, there absolutely zero reason it shouldn't be done in soccer. Maybe limit it to penalty and red card/violent conduct decisions but there are absolutely no reasons it doesn't make sense in a game that is regularly stopped for minutes while players argue with the refs over big decisions anyway.

Agree with that, although the arguing is something I would try and cut out. Make it like rugby (again) and have only the captain able to speak to the ref.

allow physios to come on an treat injured players when the game is going on (if play goes near the injured player or it is serious then stop the game, but this would make a difference to players feigning injury if they knew the game would go on without them.

Instantly book players waving imaginary cards as well. I agree there is a problem, I just think that It is that the refs are not respected, and the linesmen (despite now being called Assistant Referees) still have too little influence, not the number of them.

Unfortunately those running the game don't appear to agree.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #389
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And Gabriel's suspension has been lifted for the red card. How about taking away points if this decision was so obviously erroneous.

And why is it erroneous enough to get overturned? I don't remember a loophole in the laws of the game saying it's OK to kick opponents as long as they're being so annoying any competent referee would have sent them off ages ago.

I've been staying out of this conversation because I have zero desire to defend Costa from his deserved ban, but Gabriel was doing red-card-worthy things back and was lucky not to concede a penalty to Hazard half an hour in. Of all the Arsenal players involved in Dean's disaster of a match, he was by far the least hard done by.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #390
whomario
Pro Starter

Bayern just scored 4 goals in about 6 minutes against Wolfsburg (making a 0:1 into a 4:1)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-22-2015 at 02:18 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #391
miami_fan
Coordinator

I turn on the Bayern Munich-Wolfsburg game to see Wolfsburg was up 1-0 with around the 47 minute mark. Ten minutes later, Bayern Munich is up 4-1 with Robert Lewandowski scoring 4 goals. Wow.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #392
miami_fan
Coordinator

Umm now it is five goals in about 12 minutes.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #393
MikeVic
Head Coach

What broken gameplay!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #394
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katon View Post
And why is it erroneous enough to get overturned? I don't remember a loophole in the laws of the game saying it's OK to kick opponents as long as they're being so annoying any competent referee would have sent them off ages ago.

I've been staying out of this conversation because I have zero desire to defend Costa from his deserved ban, but Gabriel was doing red-card-worthy things back and was lucky not to concede a penalty to Hazard half an hour in. Of all the Arsenal players involved in Dean's disaster of a match, he was by far the least hard done by.

What "red-card-worthy" things was Gabriel doing? The kick was stupid, and I don't think anyone has really tried to defend him. I don't understand why the rest of the team let them even be near each other right after that. I think the point instead was that there shouldn't have even been the opportunity for that to happen, because Costa should have already been sent off at that point.

And I would definitely not say that he was lucky not to concede a penalty to Hazard. That was solid defending, and they both had their arms around each other - unless I'm forgetting a different occurrence.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #395
The Jackal
Coordinator

Looks like Costa gets a 3 match ban. Good.

Listen, Chelsea was playing better than Arsenal, and would have been favorites to win that game if it went in level at halftime, both on the scoreboard and on the team sheet .. we can moan and gripe about points lost, but that's not going to change anything. But at least Costa didn't get away with that crap.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #396
whomario
Pro Starter

Make that 5 goals in 9 minutes, all by Lewandowski.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-22-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #397
whomario
Pro Starter

Echoes of Rio in Munich ... (and Wolfsburgs Luiz Gustavo and Dante were part of both games !)

Bayern might not win the CL or falter again in the final stages, but on their game they are the most insane team in football. They play all season with 1 CB, actually even played a game without one, switch seemlessly between 3 or 4 Formations, have like 8 or 9 position-less players while still being totally cohesive.

Last edited by whomario : 09-22-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #398
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Make that 5 goals in 9 minutes, all by Lewandowski.

I think he scored all 5?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #399
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think he scored all 5?

haha, you edited just as i posted. crazy
Old 09-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #400
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, sorry Was watching without sound for a bit and had him pegged for 4 only